Grand Alliance Death
>mega.nz/#!tuZgzAxA!ojKhBr9LXuyrENb3a2WdLRZbUrudSUSu7yE1aWla530

Grand Alliance Chaos
>mega.nz/#!0jo3QKpS!BW0rOwEW-BcBp3pUmM9zIRZxWxf3rMxXza1k9ZH9rfU

Grand Alliance Destruction
>mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

In the last episode of /AoSG/ our plucky heroes learned some real life lessons

Other urls found in this thread:

whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Pitched-Battle-profiles-1.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get something to use as a herdstone. Do a cool conversion. In fact just do something cool with brayherds in general.

First for AoS matched army building is too restrictive, they should switch to something like 40k

The allies system turned out to be fucking dumb.

AoS is too simplified for that kind of force org. Heroes, battleline, artillery, behemoths and other. Not really something to build a force org chart around.

Justify your reasoning or fuck off

>Too restrictive
So you'd rather people play all hero/behemoth armies?

What's (nu-)40k like?
Don't you need HQ+2 troops as well?

What are these enginecovens and where do I find them?

No. In 8e there are several different types of force organization charts to choose from now and you can mix and match them. It's very unrestrictive, but the competitive meta is suffering from it big time.

Tournaments are seeing armies of nothing but Tau commander suits, and culexus assassins or whatever.

Frankly it's dumb and would rather NOT see it in AoS

You guys like these dice?

40k matched play army building might as well be open play at this point.

I haven't felt them, but I do love them. They are so cool looking. Luckily I do have a small mortal Nurgle force and have an excuse to get them. They may be my first GW dice purchase ever

that doesn't sound very nice.
It's like what they tried to do pre-general handbook1

Soon

Grand alliance chaos, Skryre battalion. Or in the app.

I had trouble seeing the old green/black Nurgle dice, these look like absolute shit.

I like them, they're pretty original

As far as wacky dice go they're nice.
I just don't like wacky dice in general.

Another problem is that 6 is supposed to be the king of numbers, a big deal, and here it is the shittiest messiest face of the die.

Less restrictive army building would certaily help a lot of the micro factions

and break the macro factions even further.

>help
>to unsupported and non-existing insetting armies

The requirement of battleline units isn't the problem of micro factions.

People are going to be dicks regardless

How is a 2x3 grid hard to read?

I usually use vortex bright green chessex but these are prettt cool

user here that has started to read Spear of Shadows?

I'm interested in the book and would like to know if its worth to buy

How far can be an orruk boy customized? I want to use one for RPGs and as a pet model. How many swappable boy's bits are there?
I know about Arrer boy's arms set, shield arm, pigstikka arm, 2x choppa arms and the drummer/standard bearer arms but don't need these ones.
Did I miss something? Are warboss massive choppa arms compatible with boy's torso?

Im looking forward to reading it myself. I will be picking it up this weekend.

I didn't say it was messy enough to be hard to read.
I said it was messy enough to be jumbled and ugly. All other numbers look better, which is unfit for the highest, most triumphant number on the die.

All orcs are kind of compatible with eachother.
At least they used to be when I played them in 6th edition.

So guys, last thread I uploaded a marble colour scheme for my SCE

Now I have a problem, I'm having a bit of a bad time choosing theyr name.

Given the fact theyr colours are marble, golden and purple, I'd like it to be something related to Rome or Greece.
The first one I came up with was "Thunder Praetorians", but I felt like it was quite lame

Any suggestions and/or ideas?

>The first one I came up with was "Thunder Praetorians", but I felt like it was quite lame
So this is the power of the average stormcast player.

What are you working on /aosg/?

Welp, thanks for the excelent idea

Now seriously, I'm a lot more of a duardin player, if I'm doing this is because I want to have an original colour scheme for when I buy pic related.

Can't you think of any original name either?

The Silent Phalanx

Thanks that sounds actually cool!

Terrorgeist. Damn 10 sub-assemblies. I just don't know how to start.
Also painting up some Crypt Horrors - pretty funny, also poses are brutal and dynamic.

>Not using a wet pallet
>Making a cork base that still looks like cork
Why do stormcast make it so easy?

You should make them into steamcast. pic related

>this artpiece exists
>pestilens cannot ally with nurgle rotbringers in matched play

Which intern at GW do i need to stab?

Well, I hope I will finally find enough time to paint these fuckers

Didn't the new faq make it so they can ally? or was that just with nurgle daemons?

Also there is a new nurgle battle tome coming soon. They will probably change all that.

Archons of light/thunder
The Cohors of Sigmar
Aristocrators/Sebastocrators
Tarquinian Hammers
White Venators
The Shining Gladius
the Phalanx of Light

Or using one of the names from the image.

IT. IS. FUCKING. AWESOME.

I don't care if you need to sell a spleen. GET IT.

Warpclaw, you ballsy motherfucker of a skaven, we will always love you. Also, you'll love the crew... bar mayhaps Volker, he's legit at least.

I think it was faq'd, but also, you can still run Nurgle allegiance and use them. Allegiance is still by keyword, not faction.

Yeahhhh that's right.
As long as you are NURGLE you should be able to keep allegiance.

>You should make them into steamcast. pic related

I thought about it, not sure if I'll have enough Ironbreaker heads though

I'm taking notes lol

I actually want to read some books about Roman and Greece story for theyr lore, names, etc

Good news, friends! FW points updated

whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Pitched-Battle-profiles-1.pdf

Horrible, I wouldn't play a serious game with anyone that tried to use them.

LIGHTNING PATRICIANS

You're welcome, dumbass

I'm not finding any FAQ that specifies it?

Cool progress on the wings, and I do like that color scheme on the sce.

I've finished the skin, leadbelcher and auric gold on my ogors. Giving the metals a coat of agrax earthshade before setting to work on leather bits and then tackling the flags and big skulls.

Why?

Whats the big head everything is coming out of in the background?

Because he is a baiting shitposter and you just gave him a (you)

10/10 would play against, and get stampeded by

Not at all.

when I say in a "serious" game, I mean in a competitive tournament environment.

Meme dice that have even a chance of being misread have no place in this sort of environment.

>that have even a chance of being misread have no place in this sort of environment
How retarded you have to be to can not read the dice correctly? Noone is going to grab their dice within 2 seconds after the roll

A set of dice where the 5 and 6 look almost exactly the same at a glance have no place in a competitive game.

That's not even mentioning that these look like they're made of fucking rubber and cannot possibly be properly balanced.

They're cool dice for looking at, but awful as a gaming tools.

>at a glance
Well, there's your problem. If you play competitive then you have to spend more than 1 second on examining your opponent's rolls result - no matter how readable the dice are

Checked, it was just giving daemons if nurgle allies. No pestilens.

But like I said earlier, you can literally run any pestilens models in a Nurgle army, they all have the keyword. Just no pestilens allegiance with nurgle pals showing up.

Why should I? When a short glance is plenty of time when using traditional dice?

Why should the whole game be slowed down because your opponent wants to use stupid meme dice?

Slow-play is already a bad enough problem in tournaments, and there are regularly games that have to end early due to time constraints.

Trying to make a Slaanesh list.

Allegiance: Slaanesh

Leaders
The Masque Of Slaanesh (80)
Herald Of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot (160)
Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh (500)
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (120)

Battleline
30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (270)
30 x Daemonettes Of Slaanesh (270)
5 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear
- Slaanesh Battleline
5 x Hellstriders Of Slaanesh (100)
- Claw spear
- Slaanesh Battleline

Units
1 x Exalted Seeker Chariots Of Slaanesh (140)
1 x Exalted Seeker Chariots Of Slaanesh (140)
5 x Seekers Of Slaanesh (120)

Was probably going for the Seeker Battle Trait to allow the hellstriders an 18" Move, the Exalted Daemon a 16" Move and the chariots a 14" move. The Gaunt Summoner is there for additional spell casting. The Herald just to give the seekers addiontal movement and for 20 points its 3 extra attacks and procs Locus affects.

I've also thought about loading up on command traits and going pretenders and choosing the +1 to hit, cast/dispell, and the -1 to hit. I think the "double the models" for bravery is cool, but order did gain a bunch of neat tricks to ignore bravery, but would go against a lot of the LD 10 Death models.

>When a short glance is plenty of time when using traditional dice?
Good for you if you can read the +30 dice roll with a short glance

The orc boys, the crew from the boar chariot and the orc command group sprue are all fully compatible, although the boss has bigger torso and arms than the rest. Also, a wide variety of kits from 40k are compatible, although you might have to sand away some details like bolts, bullets, gun holsters and such.
You can also use the hands and heads from the savage orcs or the boar boys.
If you want to give them bows, you can use the ones from the savage orcs, as there is no arrer's boy arm set.

anyone know how to paint black warpstone? wip did fuck all to help me, its for the nagash model

>If you want to give them bows, you can use the ones from the savage orcs, as there is no arrer's boy arm set
Huh, I hoped that pic related arms are compatibile with the boy torso

No, these are metal (maybe finecast) models, they are all casted in one piece.

Fug, good to know. Then I'm gonna stick with the savage orruks bow - I already have a quiver from this set desu

Nice.

r8 my path to glory army

general

10 handgunners
10 handgunners

hellblaster
hellblaster

Insane model-variety m8

>not rolling for everything in a path to glory warband

How good are Kharadron Overlords in Path to Glory?

I did

I might just be retarded, but I can't seem to find any "legacy" units in GH2017.

Does that mean I can't use my brets anymore, or should I just stick with the points from GH1?

Legacy armies have been updated in their online compendium, not in the Handbook.

They have however been changed so that they can't usually "ally" with anyone.

they have no points tho

They do have points, they are just not listed in the ghb anymore. Check the AoS faqs

Then why should we rate it? If it's randomly determined, then you're going to use it anyway. Play it and see how it does against your opponents.

Painting the Neave that finally arrived. It's a simple, but neat model. Had to replace the clasp of the cloak since mine was sightly miscast, but fixing it with greenstuff was beyond my skills. I think the replacement works well enough.
I am in need of advice though. I look at her as of yet unpainted helmet and I'm not sure whether to paint the face plate brass or leave it silver. Most of my other SCE have the mask silver, but I wonder if it wouldn't make her look more distinct. Opinions?

I think you should leave it silver. The brass looks good on edges and the axes but having it on the helmet would be a bit much, imo.

definitely leave it silver, it currently has nice contrast with the brass back spikes and bevor

still slogging away with the old undead brets. Those LBMS transfers are so much better than waterslide crap its unbelievable

But then you can't use Plague Monks as battleline.

The micro-factions were never meant to be fielded alone. There's a reason almost every one of them has only Grand Alliance allegiance abilities.

Looks good as is. Leave it silver.

If you want minotaurs as allies the warherd box is great

If you're going pure brayherd than the answer is whatever you think is cool is the best way to start

they used to have a battalion box for WHFB but without that you're stuck grabbing boxes

honestly the allies system is a fucking mess, they did a horrible job with it

it doesn't stop degenerative grand alliance armies from dominating tournaments and it gimps anyone from doing fun things with models they own

especially considering how poorly the factions are explained (for example Blades of Khorne isn't a faction and yet they have allies?)

I disagree. It's better than what we had before, that's for sure. Without the allies system, we would have still had the super restrictive allegiance rules and you would have had to go to the grand alliance allegiances anyway for any variety in your army.

Now you still have a restrictive allegiance system, but with some of that restriction relieved.

Sure most competitive players are still going to do grand alliance soup, but at least now we have less restrictive allegiance rules because of allies.

What do you mean they are not a faction? I thought they were...

I think he means that there is no "blades of khorne" keyword

No, you get a KHORNE ARMY, you cannot ever be a BLADES OF KHORNE army

so can a Khorne Army take allies? RAW no, blades of khorne has allies, and there's no such thing as daemons of khorne (which are allies somehow?)

all in all GW has put out some fucked up shitty rules lately, like the skirmish book was less than half baked, missing models, super lazy point system (which was worse than just dividing the matched play points by the minimum unit size)

I think you are really stretching here, because i think youre crazy. demons of khorne ARE blades of khorne. They combined both demons and mortals of khorne into one faction: blades of khorne. Blades of khorne can take allies.

So if you have a band of mortal khorne in your army, you can take demons in that army without using your ally points, and still keep the khorne allegiance abilities as outlined in battletome: blades of khorne.

How come I am only ever seeing you bitch about this. This is never pointed out anywhere else. I don't think it's because you discovered some 'genius' revelation that nobody else has, I just think you are misunderstanding the rules.

Blades of Khorne is a Faction, not an Alliegance. And is often used in the rules interchangeably with Khorne Alliegance. And in some tables it's used instead of Khorne, and the table is incomplete.
These facts and more have led the pinnacle of autistic AoS players to assume various corner case ally/alliegance stuff doesn't work, but we're all waiting for the FAQ because fucking obviously there aren't two minorly different Khorne army subfactions/alliegances that exclude eachother half the time or let you ally sometimes and not other times.

Like the exalted grand martial of the apocalypse and chosen of the chaos gods who also has the Khorne keyword can't lead a Khorne army and ally in some chodes? I'm sure that's not intended.

isnt it just dictated by keywords? like how mortals (or archanites or whatever) and demons of tzeentch are from the same alliegance because they have the TZEENTCH keyword.

Yes, except with Blades of Khorne, which are sometimes used as a keyword or a faction, we assume, by accident. Temporarily creating an alliegance that doesn't really exist, again, unless you aren't autistic, then you just assume they meant Khorne.

you can throw the word "autistic" around all you want, that doesn't mean the rules are well written when they're provably inconsistent at best and blatantly half assed at worst

I get that but still it kinda buggers me how gw can be so lazy sometimes. Its not that hard jesus...like wtf?

late reply and not user you replied to but yeah, do something cool with brayherds in general

i just made these to make my ungor alot more important then they are. i also want to do a herdstone or maybe a herdchaostree, i'm not sure if i have the modeling skills for the tree tho so i will look up some tutorials

I have to agree... and khorne is not a minir faction. Its posterboys bad guys for godsake...