So we're all in agreement?

So we're all in agreement?
Stormbringer/The Black Sword is more powerful than all the power of Warhammer's chaos gods combined.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7krC6SY5b1A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Yet another 40k vs thread
Kill yourself, please

Probably.

Very likely. Arioch! Arioch!

That's kind of cheating. In its own setting it is literally an artifact which is fated to defeat the Lords of Chaos. It's a little too spot-on for one of these threads.

I mean, I guess we could talk about what's "more powerful" but we've kind of got a situation where we're pitting rats against rat poison here. Stormbringer's literal purpose is to beat Chaos and usher in an age of Law. Either we take that at face value and it obviously wins, or we don't and it becomes another shiny chaos weapon in a setting full of them.

>Stormbringer's literal purpose is to beat Chaos and usher in an age of Law.
What the hell EVER gave you that impression? That's not its purpose at all. It's designed to keep the forces of Law and Chaos at bay so Balance can reign but the entity inside it has its own agenda.

Cont.
>Either we take that at face value and it obviously wins, or we don't and it becomes another shiny chaos weapon in a setting full of them.
It's a chaos aligned weapon(not the shity Warhammer variety but true Chaos) but its true power is beyond the stuff we see in the setting.

I was simplifying a bit but yes, Stormbringer is there to kill Chaos. It's a weapon forged from Chaos to defeat Chaos because Chaos Chaos Chaos. That's what it is. It beats Chaos. It also beats pretty much everything else because Stormbringer is OP as fuck, but it's expressly intended to be *the thing* that can kill high-level Chaotic shit (plus Mournblade and its alternate-dimension selves and all that other crazy Moorcock stuff) and it does this explicitly so that Chaos' grip on the world can be lessened.

I don't know about "keeping Law at bay" but it definitely does fuck up Chaos. It's there to fulfill Fate's plan, fuck up the Lords of Chaos, and pave the way toward the modern day. It is there to non-figuratively destroy the universe where Chaos is in charge and allow one to be made where it isn't.

>It is there to non-figuratively destroy the universe where Chaos is in charge and allow one to be made where it isn't.
Yes, but also to make one where Law isn't in charge because if that happens, you get Roland's world of pure stagnation. And crazy, bug obsessed gods sterilizing reality of all life and thought.

Seems Stormbringer is the answer to

>Drawing in 40k fans to shit on the world their beloved setting stole like... everything from
Please... they're already annoying enough.

>beyond the stuff we see in the setting
So just the stuff in your head cannon?

More than the setting of Warhammer and 40k i meant.
And the answer is yes. Read up extended Moorcock. This thing is beyond OP.

Only if the entity wielding it is up to the task, otherwise one simple stasis room and a suitably expendable "bait" takes care of the problem.

I think we're thinking the same thing and saying it in different ways. Like, yes, the end goal of the Big Scale in the Sky is balance. But Stormbringer helps achieve that balance by absolutely fucking up Chaos' shit. Elric runs around stabbing the Lords of Hell to death with it.

To bring that back around to the OP's question, if we let Stormbringer run wild with its in-setting destiny then Warhammer Chaos doesn't stand a chance. It's just there to be defeated by Stormbringer. We could try to smooth over the differences between Warhammer's emotional-god-entity Chaos and Moorcock's big-dick universe ruling Chaos, but pretty much any interpretation short of "Stormbringer is a Chaos weapon so treat it like a Chaos weapon" is going to end up with Stormbringer's wielder stabbing Khorne in the dick and ripping its way into a new universe.

This user brings up a relevant point. If Elric doesn't come with Stormbringer there might be problems. Still, if capital-F Fate tags along then Stormbringer will find someone eventually. If we're kicking Fate out of this one, then Stormbringer's worthless anyway. It's a weapon with a destiny, if you take away its destiny it's just another magic sword (that sucks souls and cleaves through steel, but still).

I thought Stormbringer was hilariously overpowered in its namesake story outside the soul sucking ability.

>It's a weapon with a destiny, if you take away its destiny it's just another magic sword
Yeah but it does operate on a multiversal, cosmic scale as its true form as The Black Sword. Stormbringer ain't even its most powerful incarnation.
Which gives you an idea on how much ridiculous the universe gets.

>Moorcock's big-dick

You implying something here?

>Moorcocks big dick

I mean it actually won.

The Black Sword is being wielded by a Grey Knight, who uses it to kill demons to spite the blade. No joke, it's Castellan Crowe (i.e. the Warden of the Blade) from the Grey Knights codex. He is literally wielding Stormbringer, but he's so badass that he deliberately uses his psychic powers to keep the weapon in check so it doesn't break free.

I was going to argue, but we're all in agreement.

The Eldar Prince Yriel wields a soulsucking spear that's also basically Stormbringer.

Would you also say he's a veteran?

Why do GW love dickriding Elric and Moorcock so much? Great dick to ride but be a bit less blatant is all i'm saying.

Of a thousand psychic wars?

Been living on edgeof the Warp so long where the winds of limbo roar?

They're plebs.

Because that shit was really popular in the 70's and 80's. GW is stuck in the 80's.

It's good stuff. If you're gonna steal, steal from the masters.

>Outright stealing a weapon from a setting with such nuance and putting it in 40kids
Makes me sad desu

Most of the chaos lore in 40k can be summed up as such.

For that matter so can most of 40k, in regards to other settings.The space marines are Sardaukar, only bigger (because bigger means better) and in power armor with really stupid guns.

>Most of the chaos lore in 40k can be summed up as such.

Most of the lore in 40k in general. It's gleefully derivative and has never made an effort to hide that about itself.

Yet the fanboys will still screech about everything else ripping it off.

I've got this feeling that my luck is none too good...

This sword here at my side don't act the way it should.

They didn't improve much on the material, though. They actually made Chaos a whole less chaotic and more predictable.

Yeah. GW Chaos really does suck considering it was far more high minded.

youtube.com/watch?v=7krC6SY5b1A
Obligatory.

To be fair to GW, they were limited in this regard due to the requirements of a model based wargame.

>40k
>the setting with lasers and spaceships and robots

Are you retarded?

Yriel had a Stormbringer analogue before it was cool.

And before even that, there was this motherfucker. Crowe is a two-bit pretender to a pretender to the throne, probably not even an albino.

No, you're the retarded one if you don't recognize how WHFB flagrantly stole from Moorcock's nuanced universe to make their chaos bullshit, right down to taking the symbol. The fact this was ported into a setting where they stole a lot of their stuff from another nuanced universe, Dune, doesn't change that.

Blood and Souls for my Lord Arioch! > Blood for the Blood God!