Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1735: Metal Jumper Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6I7FT0PHG9E
discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS
thezombieknight.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey Jumpers, how many vehicles do you have, and which is your favorite ride?

>I'd say Highgods are more Celestial Immortal level, they don't really reach the "stand on a star" level of bullshit.
Hmm, would Paragons or Sovereigns be comparable to True Immortals?
Also, are you making Steller Transformations next or the second part of DE?

Are the Daos granted by the Nine Chaos Seals totally unique to you, or could someone else learn them?
How specific should the focus of these Daos be?
Could you have discovered these Daos without the Nine Chaos Seals?
What is a Jindan?

I dunno? I have my motorcycle. I have a raceing car, a sports car, a muscle car, a limo, and a minivan. My companions all have their own personal vehicles. I have half a dozen planes of various sizes. A couple of mechs. I have a few boats/water ships. And of course at least half a dozen, if not more than a dozen, space ships.

My favorite for daily use is the motorcycle. After that, probably the muscle car.

Got any interesting perk combos? Not talking about most effective or anything, just something interesting you found.

This reminds me of a car ride with my friend not to long ago.

>Friend links iPhone
>Friend his anime nerd so playlist is mostly japanese
>Good sounding song starts playing
"Hey, what song is this?"
"Oh, just the opening of a show I watched."
>Whip out phone and use shazam app
>result comes up, turn to friend
"I'm telling your dad."
"Please don't..."

youtube.com/watch?v=6I7FT0PHG9E

Damn if it isn't catchy though

Was it too obvious? I always have problems pulling out, I still can't emulate real autism

Post me your Exalted: The Dragonblooded builds, /jc/.

I build a ton of vehicles, but they always get destroyed by the various heroes that go to thwart my schemes. It gets kind of irritating after a while. I spent months, MONTHS, working on that death robot, and just as I'm about to win, they come back and beat it using the power of friendship? Fucking bullshit.

It was obvious around the time you started doing things like *sigh*. No one on 4chins actually does that.

Way too obvious this time around, bro. Way too obvious.

Sure thing user.

0/1600
Rolled for Rathess(again? Seriously?)
Fire Aspect
Dynast
Free Educated
Discount Legendary Breeding
Artificer
Understanding the Perfected Lotus
Exalted Beauty(400 Points)
Hesiesh's Roar- Whythefucknot?

Chosen of the Sun+300- Bro! Come on, we don't need to fight.
A Boon+100
Poor Standing+100
House Iselsi+100- I love this drawback
Interesting+0

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS

My goal to becoming the master shitposter is still far away it seems

Jindans are ki reactors, is the way I'd put it. As part of the Ki Refiner path, you build a miniature world inside your soul (the Zifu, or "violet palace") to increase the amount of ki you can contain. Eventually to progress further you need to convert it from something that just gathers and stores chi from your surroundings to something that actively produces it ex nihilo. This consists of initiating a process similar to the creation of a universe inside yourself. At World level, the Jindan actually detonates and becomes a primordial sea of chaos contained within your soul, gives you a ton of power as a result.

So I've decided that I'll need two NPCs for Overlord. I'm going with a Slime Arcane Caster / Thief as my spy / head of intelligence. I need a general, what do you recommend? I'm leaning toward a dullahan, but I'm not sold yet.

Don't worry. You'll get it some time.

The Ragnarok Online Mastersmith's slot-adding powers are useful for Kamen Rider trinkets.

Use Daos from Desolate Era to make Gaia Memories.

The System from Generic Isekai is useful for getting powers that aren't available for purchase, such as SAVE and LOAD from Undertale.

Gacha from Generic Isekai is good for grinding exp for The System.

Since you're allowed to visit canon settings with Generic Isekai, you can use The System to get some useful abilities, such as the Authorities from Re:Zero.

Dullahans are top tier. But have you considered a Draconian or an Angel?

am i reading the Double perk in Boku no hero academia correctly in that i can make potentially infinite shadow-cloneesque of anyone i want with the copies all their abilities and powers?

Go for Automaton as General, they can never be bored and if you get good enough with tech you could probably upgrade them.

I'm going as a neutral (fallen) angel, so I'm down with angels. Tell me about the draconians. I don't remember them from the series.

I prefer demons, they have top tier stats and even if they are always evil you can determine how that shows its self, like albedo vs demiurge, bith evil but one is evil in an insane way and the other in a I WANT TO FUCK YOU TILL YOU DIE way.

Sebas is a Draconian. They are dragon-men, and have really really really good physical stats, and can take human form.

Exalted Dragon-Blooded

20 years old
Wood Aspect
Free Choice - The Imperial City
Dynast (V'neef)
Educated
Legendary Breeding 300
Exalted Beauty + 700
Balescream 1100
Companion - [Ramona: Fire Aspect, Dynast (Cathak), Educated, Blood of the Covenant 100, Legendary Breeding 400] 1200
Interesting 1100
A Boon 1000

Pretty much just two dragon-bloods from two allied houses going on one mission as a favour to someone or other, marrying and then running a vineyard.

Took the perk that makes people think I'm interesting/noteworthy as well but given I was uncannily well bred, super handsome and had a magical guitar that blasts lightning that was probably going to happen anyway.

With Balescream it was probably my biggest example of plagiarizing songs from the real world and passing them off as my own.

Overall pretty comfy.

So in Dragon's Crown Jump do the Bonus Dungeons grant extra CP or do you pay CP to enter them?

Does this mean you can teleport into the world of a cultivator and destroy them from within?

Automaton sounds interesting. Is CZ the only one in the novels? Having the lone high tech NPC would make sense for an OOC jumper.

I like the idea of having a succ, I'm just worried about mitigating thier weaknesses and the evul bit.

No.

I stopped reading around volume 9 or so but I do not remember seeing any.

I have no idea. I can't recall that ever happening, though that could just be because by the time trans-dimensional teleportation becomes available to a normal cultivator, they're dealing with people who would have defenses against that sort of attack. If you want to try it on regular Zifu Adepts early in your adventures who just have basic knowledge of the Daos, go ahead.

Cz Delta barely looks like a robot except for no emotions, but she can incorporate upgradea, the pleiades make her into a transforming mecha in one of the shorts.

The strongest character we know of is an Automaton or Golem made out of a World Class Item.

Go for Warrior/Automaton/Omnidextrous/Golden Mind/Defense Focused/Tireless/The Long Game/World Champion

You have a basically unbeatable super-intelligent bodyguard and advisor/general capable of infinite multitasking.

Style them after Cao Ren if you are not looking for waifus.

I've never heard of them costing CP, I read them as giving CP

Why does the Neverwinter Nights jump divide up class abilities so strangely?

Paragons would be more like TI's yes and Sovereigns would be able to speedblitz most world level opponents, though I don't know about power V. Power.

Yes, she's the only confirmed one in both Nazarick and outside of it.

I would also like to rant that I find the Maids the most boring part of the LN and I hope that as time goes on Area Guardians, who seem to be far more interesting, take their place in the story.

Those aren't canon, user.

That's just fanon, nothing proved. It could also be a summon or any other thing that requires to be activated.

Do you think it would be possible to make NPCs in Overlord that don't fit the setting? Like your guild were some weird subversive roleplayers that pretended they were from another world and came to Overlord's setting through contrivance.Transdimensional wanderers, or aliens, or something like that.

Just finished watching last season of Walking Dead and I just have to ask, If you had the choice would you want to be in the same group as these people?

All the people I did like are dead. Alexandrian people are so fucking stupid. Garbage people can go die in a trash fire. Hell, I think the only character I would be sad to see die would be Ezekiel.

If Walking Dead was a jump I'd firebomb the whole continent, repopulate the plants and animals, and make Ezekiel in charge of breeding intelligent tigers.

Wait, aren't those guys planet+ busting? Why are they treating standing on a star as though it's impressive?

People have complained about that for a while now but nothing will ever be done about it, go to any other D&D jump that gives you the basics for free before you head there.

Thanks. The jump's awesome. You are you making Steller Transformations next or the second part of DE?
Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Yes, but that wouldn't give you any advantage aside from their personality/aesthetics

They're custom. So yes. Do you want them to originate from another Jump's setting?

>Unlike others, however, this one seems to be able to melt down items of any level, and can remember the traits of any treasures it melts down and apply them to other items.
Does this specifically just apply to the "treasures" in this world, or will it work on other out-of-jump items? And is it "traits" like "strong alloy" or more like mystical enchantments? Does applying these "traits" cost anything? Can the same "trait" be applied multiple times, or are they more one-use upgrades which are stored in the Cauldron?

Gonna work on the Zombie Knight because I got back into it, then maybe ST if I can ever muster the will to go back.

That sounds pretty awesome, but you'd go World Champion over Realm of Heroes?

I figured it wouldn't offer any advantage, yeah. I just thought it could be a neat way to get a diverse set of companions that have interesting backgrounds.

Not any jump, no. If it want those people I can just go there. Maybe some works of fiction we don't have jumps for, and that wouldn't really work as jumps, though.

It melts down anything that counts as a magic treasure, and traits are stuff like Elder scrolls enchantments or special properties such as "weightless, fire shooting, poison, really good at killing Being A" Etc.

Ravenloft and Dark Sun don't give class abilities for free either, but then the origins aren't classes there. Seriously though just get them elsewhere, pick of best tiefling, and move on.

A question about the Gamer Jump.

What if one doesn't like the system it uses, can it be substituted for another? Like say Fate Grand/Order or Pokemon?

This gave me an idea for a Japanese LN "My girlfriend I met in an anonynous message board escapism thread wants to be the best shitposter on the internet!"

Avoiding spoiler spam, but this isn't long enough to warrant a pastebin. My bad.

It was a night like any other.

Everyone had gathered together for a night out in the town, just all of us wanting to spend time and drink the evening away. It was a weekend, I was out of a job, and the worry of the future hung over all of us like a sword waiting to fall. Our youths were starting to burn out and we all knew it, trying to make our beds in life and gain confidence in the future before it would reach to swallow us all alive. So to that, we'd raise a toast, drink, and enjoy some merriment together.

Something I couldn't change, though, was that I was still a self-focused introvert. Normally, alcohol helped me unwind and enjoy myself, but I couldn't stop thinking about how many of my years had been wasted on sitting idle or vegetating in front of an electronic screen. My bank account was empty, and I had nowhere to really go. Most of my youth was already over, and I hadn't spent any of it on the simple, mundane things people treasured. Love. Sex. Advancement. Investment. Purpose. While everyone else had managed to walk ahead of me in life, there I was, still sitting in the same hole I had dug myself into years ago.

Sometimes I worried if they only invited me to things like this out of familiarity or habit, rather than my presence having any real merit to them or anyone else. That's why I had retreated to this little corner at the bar, wanting to be alone as I drowned in my own doubt and self-pity. It was stupid and I knew it, but what did I care? Over ten years of just wasting away and worrying over things I had long since lost control of, what would a few moments more be?

Speaking of items: Do item spirits count as sufficiently "people" that I'd need a pod for any powerful treasures I picked up here. Because I kind of want to scoop Ji Ning on binding Starseizing Manor, and someday get the treasures Threelives left behind for his disciple. The 3600 Star Beads are a pretty cool weapon, but they do have a consciousness, so...what would you rule that as?

Thanks. Do they cost anything to apply? And are they more added to a "library" or temporarily stored in the Caudron until applied to something else?

That's when I met her. A strange, short girl with violet eyes and an albino-like complexion, sitting two seats to my left, an empty one between the both of us. In any other situation, I would have ignored her and kept my mouth shut, but she felt so odd and out of place that I couldn't resist speaking up.

"You look a bit young to be drinking here."

She looked at me with a creepy, unblinking gaze. "I'm a lot older than you."

What, was this someone with middle-grade school syndrome or something, my drunken mind wondered. I found myself laughing at that. "Whatever, whatever you say, lady." From there, my memory gets a little fuzzy. I remember things getting quiet before she started asking me a bunch of questions. Who I was, where I was from, where I got off asking someone random questions about age…I think we bickered a lot, but it eventually turned into a game where we tried to out-do each other in insults. Her expression never changed, almost like she was some kind of living zombie.

But there was one part I remembered above all else.

"If life feels so hollow to you, why are you still alive?"

And I answered something like:

"Well, it's not about how many years we have, it's what we do with them. So that's why I'm still alive. I think my years will come someday where things get back on track."

Yes.

World Champion escalates in future jumps along with your companion, Realm of Heroes doesn't. And honestly, unless you pick the rival guild/Nazarick drawback, you won't notice the advantage on stats.

World Champion + Tireless + Defense Focused means that if they can one-shot your tank NPC, the NPC will always come on top.

Yes, there's a perk for that. ReSTAT, should be near the beginning of the perks section.

They are sentient but they won't count as companions. you can just treat them like pets.

The latter.

>Zombie Knight
Is that another xianxia?
>then maybe ST if I can ever muster the will to go back.
*crosses fingers*

There's an option for that in the jump isn't there?

"It never will." She said, flatly. I laughed it off, though not without being bitter about it.

"Maybe it won't. But how I spend that time is what matters most, isn't it? It wouldn't matter if I had a billion or just twenty, as long as I did something with it all. That's what I think, anyways."

"Do you, now?" She tilted her head, looking at me curiously.

"Without a doubt." And that was that. Starting to feel a bit woozy, I decided to see if I could catch a cab and head home on my own. It looked like the others were already starting to do the same, and I didn't want anyone to worry about me too much. I was too filled with melancholy to really try and talk things out or dump my problems on others…they were well-acquainted with where I was by then.

Somehow, my feet had taken me to the docks instead of where I wanted to go. Then I saw a glint of light in the darkness as someone held up a gun across from where I was standing. Two shots later, I fell into the water.

I was such an idiot. Why did I say those words so carelessly to the worst possible person...?

Kaelyn the Dove >>>>>>>>>>>> memeling

Danke!

Speaking about that; if your chain was a japanese light novel /jc/ what would it's name be?

>They are sentient but they won't count as companions. you can just treat them like pets.
Oh, excellent. Guess I'm going to go on a pillaging spree, then. Thanks, Arrow of Brama.

ReSTAT can change how stats work, but I don't believe there's anything for changing the other traits of the system.

Why do Albedo's wings come out of her ass?

The things that are really valuable in NWN are the amulet for divine casters that lets you cast spells from any domain and the complete collection of scrolls for all arcane spells (if only for convenience for the second).

Well and maybe the SoU scenario reward. Flying city that you can summon in later jumps has its uses.

The Zombie Knight is basically a Web Serial that I really enjoy, you can check it out here:

thezombieknight.blogspot.com/

Neeshka a cute!

>World Champion + Tireless + Defense Focused means that if they can one-shot your tank NPC, the NPC will always come on top.'

I realize you meant can't one shot and it's been a while since I read The jump But I think I'm missing a step about how tireless specifically synergizes with defense focused and world champion

What would an Ultimate One Great One be like?

>It could also be a summon or any other thing that requires to be activated.
Literally what the fuck are you talking about? Ainz has already commented that the experiment to start up Rubedo has been more or less a success. The fuck would that make sense for in any other context? Every time she's talked about it is in the context of the things I mentioned. Her epithet is also literally, "The Strongest Entity of Nazarick". The second biggest red herring I've ever seen if it's not the case.

>"Is it possible for me to take command of Rubedo as well?
>The only few that could possibly win against that one would be those stationed on the 8th Floor, and only if they were to use World-class items. As expected, I don’t think they could put up a decent fight against that individual otherwise...
>The experiment to start up Rubedo has been more or less a success. I don’t plan on moving her for now."

Can you stop being such a shit. It is tiring to look everything up. It is accepted by near everyone that this is the case.

>Neeshka a best!
FTFY

That perk from Scooby Doo that lets you throw your voice plus that perk from Jurassic Park that lets you unleash dinosaur screams.

It's a lot of fun on slow days.

K thanks, mate.

Yes, that was typo. Thanks for pointing that out.

Because her edgy maker wanted it to be that way.

Are the Daos granted by the Nine Chaos Seals totally unique to you, or could someone else learn them?
How specific should the focus of these Daos be?
Could you have discovered these Daos without the Nine Chaos Seals?

Those are some fugly scab looking horns.

>Exalted: The Dragonblooded - 627
Aspect: Fire
Background: Dynast (see drawbacks)
Drawbacks: Poor Standing (+100), House Iselsi (+100), Found Egg (+200), Political Enemy (+200)
Final Point Count: 1,600 CP
Perks:
-Educated - Heptagram (Free)
-Legendary Breeding
-Artificer
-The Emerald Circle
Items & Companions: (+400 Item CP)
-The Quills of Sextes Jylis
-Dragon’s Cigars
-Companion Import (300 CP)

Seras Victoria:
-Aspect: Water
-Background: Lookshy
-Basic Training (Free); Heaven-Sent Warrior; Talented
-Balescream

Hooligan Tuesday:
-Aspect: Air
-Background: Lookshy
-Basic Training (Free); Artificer
-The Aegis of Pasiap

Adam Jensen:
-Aspect: Earth
-Background: Dynast
-Educated - House of Bells (Free); Intrigue of the Realm
-Bonds of the Covenant; The Emerald Notepad; Sunrise Coffee

Kasumi Rogue:
-Aspect: Wood
-Background: Outcaste
-Hardened Traveler (Free); Not White Veil Society Whatsoever; Impartiality
-Jade Spectacles

Romulus Jefferson Clay:
-Aspect: Air
-Educated - The Spiral Academy (Free); Legendary Breeding; Hardened Traveler
-Dragon’s Ink

Y’shtola Jensen:
-Aspect: Water
-Educated - The Spiral Academy (Free); Blood of the Covenant; Talented
-The Dragon’s Cradle

Hildibrand Manderville & Company:
-Aspect: Fire
-Educated - The Heptagram (Free); Blood of the Covenant; Legendary Breeding
-Elemental Siphon

Rotom Alma:
-Aspect: Wood
-Background: Outcaste
-Hardened Traveler (Free); Absolutely No White Veil Society Involved; Basic Training
-Sunrise Coffee

The TL;DR of this jump: "The Time Jumper Made The Entire Underworld Hate Him After Perma-Deathing Mask Of Winters."

Ignore It's just a weird Japanese thing. Lots of humanoid creatures with wings have butt-wings in Japanese stuff.

Is it worth it to spend several hundred CP on out-of-origin class skills in Overlord, or would doing that just weaken what classes I already have?

Can your connection to your Desolate Era style clones be blocked, or can they be too far out of range? Also, if one body is working out and/or cultivating, do they all get benefits?

Remember that the caster perks in NWN are completely worthless outside of the wyrmlings, the freebies for Arcane and Divine are all you need to make sure the magic keeps working and none of the others give anything that would be hard to get in setting even if it is your first jump.

Actually the only perks in the jump that have any real value are the attribute perks, the familiar/animal companion perks, and the Drop-In/Warrior capstones. The others are easily achievable in setting by any PC, and you are one.

So I am having difficulty on deciding whether to grab a World Class Item or Divine Tier Equipment in Overlord, any help?

>The TL;DR of this jump: "The Time Jumper Made The Entire Underworld Hate Him After Perma-Deathing Mask Of Winters."
I'm entirely certain that there's not a single person in the Underworld that would begrudge you removing the Mask of Winters from existence. Some that would come after you for being a threat capable of defeating the Immortality 2.0 that the Neverborn invented after Immortality 1.0 wasn't good enough, but that's fear, not hate. If it weren't for that they'd probably be holding you a party.

They simply help you easily find your own path, something that's really for much later, since it involves the Prime Essences which really don't matter much unless you're Daolord level. Otherwise they just allow you to insight into a pretty OP Dao.

You should try to remove that stick out of your ass, my fellow anonymous poster

It literally just makes you stronger, if you already take some normal class skills.

World-class items are accessories that do what they say they do divine tier equipment is the best stuff for your character class

Grab the World Item. Then give one of your companions the same class skills as you and have them buy a set of Divine Tier Equipment.
Either take it from them or copy it with something like Minecraft's Cheat Mode.

>World Class Item
Get the item, you can always make gear later and the ainz guild has shitloads of aweaome gear just piled up. If you are friendly you can get aome good stuff free, plus world items are literally one of a kind.

I have seen this in a few other characters. Is there any actual folklore behind that or is just a design choice?

I like my Fiat, because it's sturdy and comfortable. Jumper brought another one during his stay in Oregairu.

>Are you starting on your own?
Get the Divine tier set
>Are you on Nazarick/Have enough jumps to be relevant without any in-jump purchases?
Get the World Item, the Divine Tier set is largely irrelevant at that point