Your setting's main plotline is now so convoluted, as if someone made a mishmash of Legacy of Kain and E.Y...

Your setting's main plotline is now so convoluted, as if someone made a mishmash of Legacy of Kain and E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy.
What kind of plot is it?

it's a mishmash of Legacy of Kain and E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

>What kind of plot is it?
Fuck, how do I explain this. Okay, so, you know the Cold War? Well, imagine if it continued AFTER the apocalypse, the only people who really remembered why the war was happening in the first place were the leaders of each respective side, and they only continued the war was because their respective peoples literally could not live without an antagonist group.

By the way, did I mention that this is a war between Heaven and Hell? Cause that's an important detail.

I can't tell, it's too damn convoluted.

It is now a battletech alternate universe campaign stretching from 3025 all the way to the ilclan
GM'ed by Hideo Kojima

Honestly that's about up to par for most of my settings. The high level shit gets really strange really quickly due to the nature of it.

LoK isn't really convoluted if you ignore the only continuity mistake: Vorador being alive in BLood Omen 2.
Imagine he survived and Kain looks like a gargoyle stead of his younger self, and everything's fixed.

They originally planned on fixing that as well. Kain does mention in Blood omen 2 something like "Vorador I should have never have revived you ungrateful cretin." and one of the cut scenes from the last game was supposed to show that Kain found his head and basically did some mad science on it to get it working again.

The dark powers fuck with Strahd for reasons, and Strahd fucks with the players for reasons.

Hey if you can revive Janos Audron just by shoving his heart back into his chest, I can believe Vorador can come back if you just sew back on his head.

>dat filename

A hearty chuckle was had.

The goal was to avoid the singularity at the end of time. The ghost of a myth smacked the god of time/death upside the head just do he could be sent back and put the breaks on the apocalypse engine. But time moves like water into a glass: the ebb and flow may change but the shape it will take in the glass remains constant. No matter what changes you make, your iterations and codas are promethian victories at best and Oedipal follies all else: the wave of time will flatline.
The dreamer stirs, and the final figment's greatest fear is that we will be forgotten.

>the ebb and flow may change but the shape it will take in the glass remains constant
So Time itself is nothing but a false vacuum? That means that there is still hope! If we can stir the waters of time strong enough, and with enough energy, it will spill over the rim of the glass, and all will be free of the predestined tyranny of Fate!

History abhors a Jian.

Everyone's being manipulated by a higher power. Half the cast secretly has pacts with the same devil, who sets them against each other because he's pretty sure a good few of them aren't gonna pay him back. He also made sure his biggest rival was summoned into his turf so that the other devil would get fucked up by adventurers.

On a cosmic scale, the universe is fucked. The Fates were corrupted by writing humanity, and now have human nature. They stopped doing their job because watching people with free will was more fun.

War...has changed.

I'm sort of already there. My campaign has a big emphasis on the gods and where they came from, but all of them have mythology that doesn't fit with one another, like everyone claims to have been around at the foundation of civilization and there were no other gods.

It doesn't help that the nature of the divine is to regress into a more twisted being or go utterly mad, so you can't trust what any sufficiently powerful being says, because their perspective isn't associated with reality.

Oh, and something's up with time because a hero in the past kept resetting her timeline until she got one where she could defeat the Big Bad, but it's not "supposed" to be dead, so it's somehow dead and still alive fucking shit up.

Makes perfect sense to me.

the final figment knows this. Read his fear again.
But yes, I suppose some will escape and be flung into the void as castaways in a great ocean of naught.

That's more clever, but I still prefer the filename of
>You will never kill yourself wielding yourself and your future self and thus creating your future self you're currently wielding while in a room with a floor that symbolizes you killing yourself.png

Then what are we waiting for?! Come on men! Break the bonds of destiny, shake the foundation of this world, and shatter the wills of cowardly and misanthropic gods.

Over the rim we go, and boldly into oblivion we charge!

As the bowl fills with beads, some at the top spill out and onto the floor. They have escaped, but only because so many beneath them were willing to prop them up and out of the bowl. Is that the breaking of bonds you're after?
The fear isn't that "he" will be forgotten. It is that "we" will be forgotten. The bodies piled up, the heads stepped on, the people willfully left behind: that is the price of freedom. That is the price of hope.

They will all die, for they will not leap! If the men of my time were but braver, and did not cling so obsessively to their destinies, we could all leap for the rim at once, and in so doing topple the glass itself.

But alas, they fear the unknown more than they fear certain doom, so only we brave men will know the freedom of non-being.