Entities in 40k

>x shows up in 40k threads seem to be the trend of the month right now.

So the two fully powered space whales from Worm show up in the Milky Way galaxy to experiment with their shard collection. How do they fare and what changes for the locals?

Them merely -speaking- results in supernova level bursts. They are also at the very -least- the size of a solar system. The only hope that the 40k galaxy has is that they kill themselves by accident because they are fucking retarded.

Well IIRC there are creatures from beyond the Milky Way that the Nids fear and even the Chaos Gods don't know about, so the odds that there are some kind of gigantic entity eldritchbitches from beyond reality are pretty high.

Entities get stomped early but recover. Their cycles take too long and pretty early on Warrior had a serious setback when the second planet they crashed on had aliens who discovered what was giving their people powers and literally purged the fuck out of all of them. Sure, they still got kablammed but they weren't space faring to the extent 40k is.

If they do end up infecting an imperium world, they'd probably purge the mutated people and maybe exterminatus the place to be sure, making the cycle useless as they keep wasting energy on little. Still, by how they collect data they'd probably end up with some idea of 40k tech even if it's in the more rudimentary sense for the most part.

Their main issue is that they aren't the top dog. They are strong but stupid and stupid is what gets you killed.

The Entities try to do a cycle with a planet of Feral Orks. It all goes horribly wrong when they try to deliberately limit their shards to prevent space travel, not realizing until it's too late that orks are genetically programmed to develop space travel on their own.

Scion is practically an intellectual infant.
There was little malice in what he was doing and all it took was a simple phrase from Jack Slash to get him to go from "Protect humanity because someone asked me to" to "Destroy humanity because why not I guess." and further they defeated him by mindfucking him with an illusion.

Then again scion himself is literally a fragment of a fragment of a fragment of the full warrior entity and eden is supposed to be the smart one

They get corrupted by Chaos.
Or for extra lulz, what said.

From what I remember, the Entities are motivated by finding a solution to Entropy. I'm pretty sure that there are perpetual motion machine from the Dark Age of Technology that the Adeptus Mechanicus has been hoarding.
Also, with Warp shenanigans, Ork Physiks, and/or Necron tech, the space whales should be able to find what they are looking for.

I think these arguments are largely useless because the 40K fans never really do any research into the other setting.
Fuck like 30 or so LESS technologically advanced settings should beat and slaughter 40k simply because their light/warp/hyperspace travel doesn't suck plus using simple tactics.

40k's world doesn't have reliable travel, doesn't have reliable communication. Technically 40k has equally as advance shit as any setting... except instead of said technology being put to proper use. It is on an unsanctioned STC locked up in a tech-priest vault somewhere, and never actually deployed.
They have trouble getting out of the milky way, I mean that's laughable to (not all, but) half of the existing sci-fi settings.

And the best part is when the 40K fans chime in and say
>`Chaos Gods will corrupt!`
Thinking that`s the end all be all to the subject. Mean while setting X already has Corrupting Gods or similar of their own that they have already locked away or are currently staving off.

Not saying 40k is shit and always loses, the silliness of a Space Marine legion alone can wipe out most any planet, but ... that`s hardly the only factor in these things.

>40K fans never really do any research into the other setting.
>Imperium is the only faction in 40k

What is projection?

I'd ask the same thing to 40ks fans, half of them seems to have that same projection. But in my case I'm just using them as ONE example not the final say.

How would they interact with the Warp? Their emotions are radically different from human emotions. Their minds are extremely complex, but their whole mindset is highly focused on growing and improving through conflict. It could generate a Tyranid-esque "Shadow in the Warp" effect.

That's not how shadow in the warp works.
SITW is the effect of having millions upon trillions of semi-soulless entities so close together.

I wouldn't describe the Tyranids as "semi-soulless". That would imply a lack of a Warp presence, like the Tau or the Necrons. More accurately, they're a very psychically active species with very focused, single-minded thoughts, which crowd out the tumultuous nature of Chaos.

Agreed, in fact the better story in all of this is not 'will they win' but how gloriously can they lose? In this case it should surely be desperate last stand and rearguard as various 40k factions race to complete projects that will allow them flee or ride out the coming carnage. Using tech they barely understand from a better age to cobble together a raft to flee the galaxy and head to a new one.

Tau don't lack warp presence. It is simply so weak, Gods and Daemons ignore them, with tasty human souls in abundance everywhere.

And Nids, like Necrons, are in effect soulless. They have a spark of life in them, Nids mostly, but no soul.

Generally you get this on all sides of any of these sorts of arguments, but 40k gets more on both sides. The nature of 40k means that comparisons with other scifi settings are deeply weird. Either 40k stuff is very out of context and that's a huge hurdle OR it's not and then it's just a lurching galactic empire falling apart under its own size and stagnation as much as because of the enemies attacking it.

The Entities don't go through worlds that quickly, it's a very local threat by 40k standards. Unless they happened to turn up on a high value world the Imperium might never notice them. They are slower than a typical waaagh! and less noisey. The only major player that's located in small enough an area to be really bothered is the Tau.

How well 40k deals with them comes down to what they face, and the limits of their precognitive powers when it comes to selecting targets. Given that once they are established as an Enslavers tier threat, exploding planets as soon as they land on them (and are vulnerable for a short time) will be a go to strategy AND the Inquisition has more than enough planets to keep trying and researching, the IoM is likely to do alright in the long run if the precognitive powers can't get them to avoid such things. Precognition didn't stop them from landing on earth to get ganked by bad luck, but I don't know enough about their selection of earth to know about that.

So the big distinction I see here is entities really don't like it when people try to leave the world they've selected.

So they'd probably try to select feral worlds, maybe have Endbringers attack people who try to make planetfall and interfere.

I think that was just Eden who was dumb.

>Swapping out the power you are using to land, while in the middle of landing.

nothing scion does comes close.

Stuff worth noting about how they work in worm:

They land their real form on an unoccupied version of the planet, and then block that dimension off from travel. note that in worm itself, there are around 1 to the power of 80 universes.

If they have to interact with the population they are experimenting on, they use a projection.

They limit powers so that they can't be used against the entities, and don't give out certain powers.

They look at their destination before going there,
if there is something there that would threaten them they probably aren't going to head there in the first place.

Tyranids aren't soulless. They just have one, massive collective soul rather than a bunch of smaller ones. The Shadow is this huge soul blocking out and interfering with all the other ones.

Think of it like this: a human soul is a lit match, a psyker's soul is a bonfire, and an Eldar Farseer's soul is a burning building. The Tyranid's soul is a star. It's so bright, it blocks out the light from everything else around it.

Wow, you're one hell of gigantic faggot.
Are you trying to be a giant faggot? Good job if you are.

Shadow in the warp is caused by the huge amount of tyranid bug brains buzzing around. The entities speaking to each other creates an equivalent to a supernova and their thinking equivlent produces as much information as humanity could in a hundred years.

It wouldn't be a shadow in the warp. It would be a big nigh-impenetrable wall of brainforce/data in the warp.

>wormfag necromancing his failed shit thread

Sad.

I don't know much about 40k but

>Worm bump

The way the Warp exists in 40k is as a concurrent reality. But entities exist across the multiverse.

they could nom on infinite power by tapping the warp like an oil field.

Internet Speed triples for every single nation on earth. Other than that, not much.

1^80=1

Wow, you are really desperate to shill their shit series if you're down to having to make 40k crossover threads.