youtube.com/watch?v=rGm23-GYHeI

youtube.com/watch?v=munobZ7dUvc

youtube.com/watch?v=8PcaBYP2xa4

>Konor Campaign still inexplicably a thing that is happening
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Prev. Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bJSis6ePay0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Death Guard taking sexy back

Second for Blight-Hauler best waifu

>not grey babbys pls go edition
oh great

Welcome back, did you remember to thin your paints today?

ROT N' ROLLS!
hur hur hur

Why'd GW ignore Dark Angels in the Space Marines Codex for 8th?
they getting their own?

Is that another fast attack for death guard?

Is it just me, or are blight with flails really really good?
Or am I missing some restriction on them, because as far as I can tell, they're fucking amazing.

Time to send out the soul grinders!

Obviously because Dark Angels are really traitors in disguise and will get their own codex as such in mid-2018.

Do we know how much they are?

>why is the army which hasn't been part of C:SM since the thing has existed not in C:SM
We just don't know user, we just don't know

10 man Raven Guard Intercessors squads that'll be hanging back, standard bolt rifles or auto bolt rifles? I'm not sure if at 10 strong they get more out of -1 AP or that volume of fire at 16"+

Anyone got an idea of what a dark mechanicus style list would look like, and how to make it decent on the tabletop?

FW gave us the chaos hellwright. I bought a decimator with two soulburner petards recently, then they FAQd the weapons to cost double because niggers.

Definitely thinking about a leviathan with the grav flux bombard since horde meta at the moment.

Any proper suggestions or units I should really be looking at?

48 points per guy for 3A S7 AP-2 D2, reroll 1s to wound, make D3 hits for each attack made with this weapon instead of one, damage from the weapon is not lost but instead carries over. Can be taken in units from 5 to 10.

>Raven Guard
>hanging back
Stalkers

It is

>10" a turn
>no move and fire penalty
>+1 cover save aura
>-1 to hit in close combat
>3+ 5++ 5+++

MVP

They're getting their own codex complete with Lion returned, obviously.

Hope is the First step on the road to DISSAPOINTMENT

Are they seriously S5 A3 base? That sounds wrong.

So a melee autocannon, neato

You know what would be cool for the next campaign?
Emperor's Children vs Grey Knights
Then when some Grey Knights summon Draigo to fight Fulgrim, Fulgrim just casually asks how Slaanesh is doing back in the garden and Draigo slays his summoner and quips that she's doing 'perfectly' in a dreamy voice.
Because fuck Grey Knights.

According to this video:
youtu.be/bJSis6ePay0
They are

They confirmed Lion was next Primarch at the last convention.

Best armies for a new player?

Cheapest way to get started?

>chaosfags still butthurt over the autist from last thread
Fuck you, you're no better than people who purposely try to trigger carnac. Go shitpost somewhere else

Source?

Literally no where else on the internet did anyone claim it

Shitfling pt2

>some Grey Knights summon Draigo
>summon Draigo

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THE WARP

>The mere mention of Draigo makes chaoscucks THIS assmad

...are they worth the chunk of points I have to throw into the squads though?

>Best armies for a new player?
Whatever you're interested in
>Cheapest way to get started?
Start collecting, unless your interested in marines or CSM, in which case one of the dark imperium boxes

S4 A2 like CSM terminators seems more likely. 2d3 S6 attacks is still amazing.

Space marines.

Starter set and start collecting boxes.

Marines are the best bet but not the only option

I just want to see my army at the forefront of a campaign.
Ultramarines vs Deathguard just happened, let's do all the cult Legions vs Mary Sue Chapters.
You know who is better written than Draigo?
Abaddon. not by much though

I like it desu, the setting needs more drama, more give and take. If only konor was a death guard win, that would have been actually interesting...

It would put them with the same stats as deathshroud, and basing them off regular chaos termies makes little sense since everything else is already so different about them.

Easiest to learn/play? Space Marines.

Easiest for the hobby in general? Necrons.

Orks are probably the best army for a new player in 8th to be honest. Most horde armies are. Only edge Orks have over the others is the extremely creative freedom Ork players have with their models in terms of kitbashing and not looking out of place.

Depends how far you want them hanging back. 36" range and AP-2 is pretty nice.

>accuse the opposition of being unreasonable to diatract from the fact that youre a fanboy and inherently unreasonable
Saul Alinsky was a mistake

Deathshroud are 50 points base though, the Blight Boyz are 38.

Makes sense for the Shrouds to have better stats.

>grey babbys
>not Gay Knights

Ever since they showed that weapon in the CSM codex I've wanted a unit full of them. It's time.

>If only konor was a death guard win, that would have been actually interesting...
>chaos wins again but does no real long term damage
>interesting
Yeah, nah, you're a cunt. Of had been xenos, then that'd be something, or if it had been over something besides a random sector, like whatever the Ad mech psykic stc was, then you'd have a point. But "chaos shows up, destroys this thing, then gets beaten back" for the millionth time? Fuck off with that shit ya cunt

>Abaddon
>Better written than literally anyone

You won't be able to take a full unit of them, that would be idiot strong.

Would be an amazing anti-horde unit though.

user this is 40kekg, this people are deliberately derailing the thread.

>horde armies good for newbs
No
>army with extensive kitbashing and more complexity than apply glue here
Double No

Hey the campaign isn't over.
But yeah it's totally an Imperium win, they fixed it too hard on the first 3 planets, realised it wouldn't be interesting if Imperium won every planet, let Chaos have two, then announced whoever won the last planet won the campaign for "drama points".
I hope someone at GW got fired for this shit show, Morty isn't even released during his own campaign, CSM codex didn't show until week 3, it's like whoever designed the campaign has never heard of subtlety.
Being better written than Draigo isn't an accomplishment, or even anything noteworthy.

Shrouds extra points come over blightlords comes from the intercept and +1 A to DG character rules, it makes no sense for blightlords to cost 7 points more than Chaos termies just for +1 invul and T, Disgustingly resilient and -1 move.

>"Muh Chaos is all-powerful and immortal and unstoppable and destined to always win everything forever! Just looking at it corrupts anyone, nobody can resist!"
>"I'm totes not a fanboy though."

>Abaddon.

>gets beaten back
Thats what makes the lore shitty, they need campaign to end with
>that part of the sector was lost
once in a while, for the sake of both chaos and the imperium, to keep it engaging.

Why is GW's writing staff littered with fanboys that live to write shitty fanfiction shilling their favorite factions and OCs and inserting it into the canon, Veeky Forums?

And why are none of them Ork fanbois? If we have to get a faction shoved down our throats at least it could be an interesting one

>keeps using "totes" unironically
Heres one last (You) now fuck off with your lack of arguements

i don't get nurgal, he promises an eternal life without pain but his whole gimmick is centered around dying and his reincarnated followers all have multiple diseases and i assume would be in pain constantly.

Enclaves are getting power weapon equivalents. Axe, Sword, Fist, but with anime sounding names.

Yes actually. Their unique stratagem is giving units vanguard (the timing is unique. You get to use it after deployment is done, so your opponent doesn't necessarily know which units you're going to move while he's setting up). The faction bonus is that if a unit has no markerlight counters on it, ANY attack by a tau ranged weapon will generate one markerlight on a successful hit.

Plague marines are 6 points more expensive than regular marines for almost the exact same thing, and I personally think +1 invuln is worth one point.

Because doing so creates fanboyism and counter fanboyism, which drives up sales and keeps people talking about warhammer.

>And why are none of them Ork fanbois
>Apparently hadn't read the series where a primarch gets killed, an entire original SM chapter goes extinct, and Terra almost falls because of Orks.

>anime sounding names
Sounds just perfect
Now what the hell does GW think sounds anime?
Onager=power fist

>Literally has no argument besides "Draigo hurts my feefee. No one can beat Chaos at anything, ever!"

Except +1 invul comes at the cost of M4", just like it always has with cataphrachtii.

You shut your mouth! I WILL be able to!

Nah they lose feeling and sense of pain more or less, think zombies.

The humans usually die and become poxwalkers though, thats not great, or they can become "immortal" as the souls who become plaguebearers.

>The faction bonus is that if a unit has no markerlight counters on it, ANY attack by a tau ranged weapon will generate one markerlight on a successful hit
Well that's not broken at all...

>super holy grey knight mary sue that would win many wars in realspace if he was allowed back full time is permanently stuck in the warp endlessly spilling daemonic blood but never accomplishing anything.

I don't see how this isn't a khorne victory.

So the first ML hit generates two tokens?
Would work well with missiles if those were worthwhile

Holy shit that sounds awesome. Networked Markerlights as a factional rule? That's really damn strong (though still not as retarded as Raven Guard chapter tactics).

And the anime power weapons sound cool too.

>implying exposing newbs to the creative side to the hobby as soon as possible is a bad idea
You wot m8?

>But yeah it's totally an Imperium win, they fixed it too hard on the first 3 planets, realised it wouldn't be interesting if Imperium won every planet, let Chaos have two, then announced whoever won the last planet won the campaign for "drama points".

We'll get the results in a little less than 5 hrs, 20 min, so we'll see what happens. All the Imperium needs to do is hold onto that lead for 5 more hours (most stores should be closed by this point, so the points are probably just being totaled now).

>And why are none of them Ork fanbois?
I keep asking myself that same question.
I mean, Black Library did give us the Beast Arises Series (which was so humiliating that the Inquisition wiped all traces of it from the records except for the name, as far as Guilliman's been able to learn anyway), but GW needs to really give the Orks some more love.

>the same series where an Eldar Harlequinn jumps into tell the humans after they got verbally dickslapped by an Ork ambassador and have a currently have Ork Attack Moon parked over Terra that "Chaos is the real enemy gaiz! Really! Don't take your eyes off Chaos!"

Yeah, real 'Ork fanbois' there user.

Vulkan doesn't count and you know it user, he dies going to get a late night snack but it's k cause he respawns.

But the war of the Beast is one of the best conflicts in 40k history, yeah.

we're not talking about dark angels :^)

Chaos is going to win the last planet so that GW can progress the plot without one side actually losing.

Are you implying traps are gay?

I want to de-Nurgle it and turn it into a hot-rod for an Inquisitor.

That's true, but it's still only one point. The price difference seems appropriate without them also having higher stats as well.

w-why'd you post my shitty necromunda terrain?

user, if this planet goes Chaos, Chaos gets the whole system.

Chaos managed to tear Cadia a new arsehole that extends halfway through the galaxy and the Imperium still came out ahead.

A Chaos victory is a victory for the status quo.

Chaos did fuck all at Cadia, and ran like little bitches. Cawl is responsible for the planet's destruction.

I am going to be building a squad of Vanguard Veterans. Can I get some opinions on how to kit them out? They will be mainly taking on MEQ

I am thinking because of 8th rules to run SS Power axe on the sergeant and SS chainsword on a VV and just equip the remaining models with double chainsword. Double chainsword on a vanguard veteran means 4 attacks at his base profile. they will be assisted by a lieutenant to compensate for the s4 ap 0.

I see some good numbers when I do the math, but I am open to other suggestions.

Would Genestealer Cult be any good for a newbie? Or would I be in over my head.

Chaos lost the battle, fled in disgrace, and threw rocks. Why would they be rewarded for that?

>Chaos gets a single victory
>it's an important victory
>"nu-uh Chaos were bitches we only lost Cadia because of the incompetence of our own dude"
why are Imperiumfags retarded?

They're difficult to paint because of a lot of detail, and rely on either synergy or spam on the table, neither of which are good for a first-timer

some questions about cover
>a squad of 5 is only has 2 visible models and is hit with 3 wounds, do out of view models in a unit still take wounds?
>you have your 2 big guns in a unit of 5 visible to fire on the enemy and you take wounds, can you distribute the wounds away from them if they are the only visible models?

20 grav pistols or 20 chainswords

>Can I get some opinions on how to kit them out?
Magnetize them.
>They will be mainly taking on MEQ
LC or sword and board

Wounds can be allocated to any model in the unit. los only matters to firing, not wounding.

You can only kill up to what's visible

Cawl had literally nothing to do with Cadia exploding. It exoded because the remains of a Blackstone fortress crashed into it.

>Best armies for a new player?

Space Marines. They have a shit ton of different units so you have tons of options starting out for how you want your army to go, they're widely available everyfuckingwhere, and since everyone and their mom starts with Space Marines you'll always be able to find cheap used models if that's your jam.

Also they're always in the new edition starter sets and their armor has a lot of panels so it's easy to learn how to paint on. You can customize your own chapter as well if you don't want to use one of the already established ones.

>Cheapest way to get started?

Buy Dark Imperium, sell the Nurgle half. Alternately, pick up the Start Collecting box and then a cheap Rhino and you'll be looking at 5-600 points worth of models. Not enough for a full game, but definitely enough to get you started with some smaller skirmish sized games.

The best answer though is to look at all of the armies and pick the one that you think looks the raddest. If you end up enjoying the Warhammer 40K hobby than you're going to be spending hours after hours assembling and painting your army. If you're spending all of that time on an army that you don't think is cool you won't have any fun. Find an army that you think is awesome (either their looks, their playstyle, or their lore) and just grab the Start Collecting box for it.

Then, watch Duncan's painting guides on the WarhammerTV youtube channel and check out the /wip/ thread for help and advice on painting.

Then post your dudes here and talk about them.

you guys are giving me different answers

No, the rules explicitly state wounds can be allocated to models not visible.

going to be taking on most if not all 1w models. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the extra damage from the grav does not spill over into other models. I like grav, but for my all around shooting I am using a lot of plasma. these are mainly because I think I assault is cool and I am running black templar.

It's a meme answer from last edition.

Just read the allocate wounds section of the shooting phase rules "if an attack successfully wounds the target, the player commanding the unit allocates the wound to any model in the unit (the chosen model does not have to be in range or visible to the attacking unit)"