Dishonored

Would The Empire of the Isles make for a good RPG setting Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

7thsea2e.com/port/forum/dishonored-using-7th-sea
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, for sure. Regardless of one's opinion on the games themselves I think the general opinion across the board is that it has a pretty neat setting.

Gristol = British Isles
Tyvia = Russia
Serkonos = Italy
Pandyssia = Africa

What is Morley supposed to be?

Gristol is more London to Mercia sort of England while Morley is Scotland/Ireland/bit of Scandinavia.

I am not sure on that, but many suspect that it is Ireland or something. Also I would say, that Serkonos is closer to Spain or Kuba.

>Pandyssia = Africa

Pandyssia's basically their South America, bro.

It's got conflict, an unstable political and economic system, plenty of opportunity for unspeakable violence. You could run everything from murder hobos to high falutin' economic and political intrigue. What's not to love?

It's just 'tropical British colony' mate. Hence the colonial style uniforms of all the guards. It can stand in for India, South America, Western Africa, SEA, or any other damp, jungle strewn colonized place.

>Okay, guys, in this campaign you play as Delilah's coven. Yes, you're all lesbian witches. For... Plot reasons.

Wasn't Emily hinted at being a lesbian in D2? That half a year she spent inprisoned in a brothel must have fucked her up.

Nah. There's letters from a lover, but they're gender nonspecific.

Kind of sucked how that subplot never went anywhere.

I used it, though I renamed everything and kept the supernatural stuff out until the latter half of the campaign.

Half my players are massive gamers and no one noticed. I even kept the revenge assassination plotline.

What is a good system for a Dishonoured game

Blades in the dark

According to the developers, Serkonos is "generically Mediterranean". It's a lot of Greece, a little Italty, a little Spain, some Turkey, maybe a bit of Balkans.

Phoenix Command

>you're all lesbian witches

You can overhear one of the witches early on in the last level of D2 talking to herself about not being able to kill her (male) lover despite her witchy superiority complex because he constantly gives her such a good dicking.

Blades in the Dark was literally written to do this.

Now I want to know who this guy is. Not only he's brave enough to stay in Dunwall while Delilah is fucking shit up, he's also brave enough to fuck one of her witches. I wonder if they fucked before or after he knew?

Probably Daud getting his dick wet across the empire.

Daud is a big dick baller.

Morley is Ireland.

Here's to hoping that Arkane can get some kind of deal with Evil Hat to actually make a campaign setting expansion for the Isles.

Honestly, the default setting for Blades in the Dark is just Dishonored with the serial numbers filed off already. But a supplement for stuff like Outsider-granted powers and the like would be pretty cool.

Don't we just have descriptions of Tyvia and Morley? While Serkonos and Gristol we only see from one city for each. Pandyssia can be whatever jungle hell they imagine.

I'd play a Dishonored-inspired game for the Blink ability alone. Such a cool ability.

Honestly, the Dishonored world is cool as fuck. I can definitely see an actual tabletop RPG coming out of it. And if nothing does, then the internet can just make a homebrew one.

7thsea2e.com/port/forum/dishonored-using-7th-sea

Someone made a conversion to 7th Sea 2nd edition. Not the best of systems but it does have the advantage of, you know, existing.

PC, console controllers don't have the capacity for both precision sniping AND agile navigation simultaneously.

I fucking knew from the start that we were going to get Billie and Daud back.

Really what I wanted was for D-Dog to be chilling in Serkonnos, drinking pina coladas or something and then seeing Delilah on the front page of a newspaper and reeeing.

The SoS guys made one (basically) as a joke, but with a more extreme setting. Ballad of the Laser Whales. It's got just about everything, but it's incomplete because it was just a side project at first.

>Would The Empire of the Isles make for a good RPG setting Veeky Forums?
Yes. I really loved the setting and the art style of the game, I spent much more time exploring and reading whatever books I came by then actually playing. I'd gladly play a ttrpg using that setting.
The Abbey of the Everyman did a lot of bad shit, but the Outsider needs to be fought for every heart.

I ran it in GURPS once. It worked pretty smoothly.

It's much more WW2 than Victorian, but it's fun. The magic system has a lot of spells direct from Dishonored.

I've yet to read through all the rituals/magic stuff, but the mechanics already map pretty cleanly to the setting. The trouble is that the Dishonored games are about being a superpowered person for great importance, while Blades is about playing a crew of desperate crooks (or occasionally deranged cultists) who are very much the underdogs.

>The Outsider not being the broest of bros.
user pls.

>reeeing.
I just had the mental image of a grandpa just reeeeeing at the top of his lungs while sploshing his drink all over passers-by.

I checked it out. It's good for guns and the magic is functional if a bit shallow. I still crack up a bit at the "Fucking Nazi" flaw.

Shouldn't he be living in fear of Corvo changing his mind and coming after him?