Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nWDkvRSkF00
mtgtop8.com/event?e=16739&d=303512&f=ST
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good red turn one one-drop when?

>feathers
>on an aquatic or amphibious creature in this case

Fucking hell wizards.

As if 90% of the population knows or cares that a spinosaurus type thing isnt just what it was in jurassic park, a cooler t rex

Thats not even my problem here its that regardless of if it makes sense or not they want to fucking stick feathers on everything. FFS screen cap this, if we ever get a fungusaur reprint with new art it will have fucking feathers

COUNTERSPELL

OH BOY FREE MANA

Neat.

>spinosaur with feathers

At this point its just a meme.
They talkeda bout making them believeable but now its just complete nonsense

I spose it fits with the aztecs feathered serpent theme but dont you pretend that this is any more believeable than jurrasic park is

>Flash, eat a thing, 5/5
Flavor is on point, this draft set is looking fun from whats been spoiled

Penguin

>>feathers
>>on an aquatic or amphibious creature in this case
Yeah I know, what fucking stupidity is that.

I fucking love it.

I like feathers, and I think this is dumb. Its like the art direction for these cards was a memo that just said "FEATHERS" attached to a bundle of all the jurassic park movies.

This smells like combo

nice repeating digits

does he survives against a 4/4?
I mean will the +1/1 after the damage let him stay on the battlefield or he leaves first?
it will work the same if he blocks a 4/4 with First strike right?

Maybe I can brew a ramp deck that ramps into this so it can create gold to ramp even more!

>They talkeda bout making them believeable but now its just complete nonsense

What? In the worldbuilding panel they specifically said they didn't care if it was scientific accurate, they wanted to look good and go with the theme.

he has taken lethal damage, triggers and dies as an SBE before his trigger resolves.

He will die before the trigger resolves, causing it to fizzle. You're gonna need to flash it in against a 3 or less power.

No. Creature gets damaged, ability is pit in the stack, game check for SBE before ability resolves.

IMO, the best approach. In a world with all kind of magic creatures, why can't dynos looks fabulous?

Sky Terror

Creature - Dinosaur

Flying, Menace

Shhh, don't say that out loud. It'll trigger dino aspies!

though the name is already an obvious reference to its abilities, it would have been hilarious if they went all in and called it Flying Menace.

I realize I didn't articulate my point very well but it still looks stupid and unnecessary, and I'm not even necessarily against feathers as a whole.

NEW WHITEO

INTO

They could have made the token have Vigilance and it would have been pretty ok, and the flavor would have made sense.

FUCKING JITTE

I think they could have removed the tap cost given the work you need to flip it.

INTO

Please provide me with a shred of evidence that wizards is trying to make their dinosaurs scientifically accurate

SPICY

SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT KJELDORAN OUTPOST
SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

Its a limited tokenpool.

The Vampires have lifelink, the Dibos trample, the Merfolk hexproof and the Pirates Menace.

It fita with their tribe colors and main strategies.

Vampires are lifegain and life pay, Merfolk are hard to deal with +1/+1 countees, einos are ramp stompy, pirates tempo/aggro.

>AL: Dinosaurs. So dinosaurs are native to Ixalan. They have colorful feathers, like in science! The dinosaurs are closely tied with the Sun Empire, one of the four key groups of Ixalan. Like South America and Mesoamerica’s great empires, the Sun Empire are an empire with a capital and a central power structure. The Sun Empire has awakened after long years of quiet. Besieged by pirate raids and the advance of the Legion of Dusk, caught between the invaders from the sea and the wall of jungle behind them, the Sun Empire rises with the ferocity of a dinosaur and the righteous light of the radiant sun to fight off its enemies.

>BR: Mkay. And with feathers?

>AL: With feathers. Because they’re pretty and awesome and historically accurate.

Waiting for merfolk is torture

That token spawn part might come back to bite you, especially with the white and green legendary enchantments going around.
However this is some prime EDH tech.

This seems clunky. Its a ramp card that requires you to have an evasive beater or tons of spot removal in hand to turn it on, when a dedicated ramp deck is probably having none of that outside of their finishers. EDH card for sure.

You'll get Elves and you'll like it

>UB Treasure Control with that Enchantment win by 10 treasures
I-Is it possible g-guys?!
lol probably not because aggro will be strong like the last few metas

youtu.be/nWDkvRSkF00

23:00

They took inspiration from featgered dinos, but werent beholden to them.

In the same way the merfolk are Beta Fish but not actually Beta Fish, or how Kamigawa isnt actially Japan, or Theros isnt actially Greece

>aggro will be strong like always
The key to making a good control deck is to have the ability to curve out to counter aggro.
Have some board presence the first few turns.

Well UB control took a grand prix recently, you would just be making the wincon (3 gearhulks, 3 scarab gods) worse.
mtgtop8.com/event?e=16739&d=303512&f=ST

>Featgered dinosaurs were a thing, but the particular look of them and which dinosaurs had then wasnt our main concern.

So Angrath is going to be a BR walker, right?
I've been waiting for a decent Rakdos walker.

Man, what a dumb fucking thing to say. Like super dumb. "Like in science!"

Should have just gone with "We went for the feathered Dino look because of the Aztec angle."

Eggcellent
If the Red one makes you discard in order to flip I'm going to have a cow

Sarkhan the Mad is good and I won't hear any arguments to the contrary

That's nice dear.

It has it's place, but not in any deck that I want to play.

I'm the duck poster, I was just being an ass. I do concur with the feathers being unnecessary with a Not!Spinosaurs. The feathers used for water fowl have oils that keep the bird warm and not wet, but the dinosaur doesn't need to be kept warm if it has a fan that regulates body temperature, plus the dinosaur would need glans to produce said oils and I doubt it does since there's no use for said feathers. It's not the feathers are used for mating, since the sail is also suppose to play that role. Sorry, for the wall of text, I sometimes do that.

Seeing these designs for Vampires make me hype, but also disappointed we so far have few playable ones.

They're dinosaurs, they're early on in their evolutions

Boros Dinos? I can dig it. This combined with some of the other small drops might be enough to make dino aggro.

That's a good looking duck.

Which is hilarious considering an article prior to that there was a dude harping on and on that the feathers were there because ScIEnCe!!!

uhm

>wizard pirates slinging counterspells
FUCKIN TIGHT

also, this is what mana drain has to be in 2017

user they are literally reprinting mana drain in 2017

He means for a standard-legal set in 2017

mana drain was not created in the year 2017 senpai. dont be so pedantic

There arent that many revealed. But a lot of ones we do have are genuinely good cards. Both the duskwalker and the transformer are fine one drops (i hope we get another though, preferably a 2/1, just because the enchantment is anti synergy with Mavrin Fein who I believe along with Sanctum seeker makes up the top end). Were still missing a strong two drop (the paladin is ok but not really a two drop) but I think we know literally only one so.

This is bonker. Too bad Abrade is still around.

Abrade.

The better way is to spam as many treasures as you can for the 10 boxes win.

I don't know about flipping it to get a Lotus Vale, doesn't seem feasible nor worth it

EDH aside, this card might enable combos that require your opponent to have creatures in 1v1 formats with cards such Oath of Druids or even Defense of the Heart.
I'm personally going to try some jank with this and Avatar of Might.

well there's already gifted aetherborn for a 2 drop vampire atm, so really there only needs to be one or two playable two drops printed and vampires might have a shot

I forgot kaladesh had vampires. Was assuming all cycled out with innistrad. I think there needs to be one more and Idk if the deck can handle white one drops into double black 2 drop curve but gifted is definitely a real card I forgot about.

is it possible to play MonoU Flying/Pirates now?

This is a strange one.

what work? it's so easy to flip it, vamps are all about spamming creatures.

To engage your Enrage creatures

I mean, I may have been incorrect when I said they feel weak. The correct option should have bee: they don't feel strong. As far as good vampires in my book go, we have:
-Mavren Fein;
-Vona;
-Bloodcrazed Paladin;
-Sanctum Seeker;
-Duskborne Skywalker;
Sanctum feels like the best of them, and even him is a more limited Brutal Hordechief for the extra point in toughness.

As a note, I'm talking as an EDH player looking for more Vampires to Edgar, not a standard player, so my point may come as a petty remark.

One way to end a board stall

we'll also have the kld fast lands so concealed courtyard can help with the mana base issues

I agree it remains to be seen, even with the ones spoiled its hard for me to imagine a full vampire list. maybe some uncommons or commons will actually be fuckin good?

You've got unstable mutation and the red shifted version in modern now so you could be slamming for 7 on t2

The Treasure tokens are artifacts. Mechanized production acts as Revel in Riches 5-8.
Also, what does Abrade have to do with anything?

>if we ever get a fungusaur reprint with new art it will have fucking feathers
In Ixalan, yes. Not necessarily on other planes.

It will presumably kill whatever you target with the aura

Looks strong. Feels like the land should be legendary, though.

>Too bad Abrade is still around.
I'll admit I don't play Standard but does anyone actually say this? Last I heard, Standard players wanted answers and vehicles were fucking up the format.

Maybe you meant "too bad for this one artifact that Abrade is around", rather than in general. I get that Abrade makes artifacts less playable but that doesn't mean nobody plays any artifacts at all, right?

Oh, of course.

It's probably not too good, but I like the design!

Make it RUB, so that you have access to things like Star of Extinction, Lightning Strike and Lannery Storm.

Thats almost all of the vampires we know man. I actually think the Bloodcrazed Paladin is better in commander than it will be in standard even.

>The Treasure tokens are artifacts. Mechanized production acts as Revel in Riches 5-8.

In theory you could run both, but I prefer Revel in general specifically because it rewards board control, which is what a deck like that should be doing anyway. Mechanized Production just needs you to stall, but that seems to be harder than blowing stuff up.

>Lightning Strike
That's a weird way to spell Abrade

>Maybe you meant "too bad for this one artifact that Abrade is around", rather than in general.
Clearly. Abrade is one of the best removal spells in recent memory, it sees play across all constructed formats.

jeez, is this bait?

Just some moron who is worried his braindead mono red deck won't be tier 1 anymore once falkenrath gorger rotates

without a U or B lord, i dont think so.

That Vampire commander deck is getting so many new toys this set.

We already have a blue lord, user.

Should have been 3 mana.

Why not both?

It only gets rid of one artifact though. If your Revel in Riches/Mechanised Production deck is any good, it won't slow you down that much.

It's no push, and I'm not seeing it in any format where bolt is legal, but it's real solid in standard

>Why not both?
Because you have 60 cards in your deck, and ~25 of them will be lands. Slot economy is a real thing, and there's only so many removal spells you can run that don't interact with glory bringer or big dinos or whatever.

it does see play across all formats though. it shows up in Modern, Legacy and even Vintage sideboards. sure it's not as widespread as push or bolt, but it's there.

My comment was meant to be partially facetious but you have a legitimate point there.

Nice, a new toy for my Kazuul EDH.