Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Stinky Robots Edition

>old thread
>Mars faction focus. Pack it up lads, this one can't be topped. Burn your Ryza's.

>After weeks of a rigged campaign, Imperials win it.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kg230t9gavQ&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

space wolves arooooo

Wolves don't go aroooo

rolling stinkbots are better than flying stinkbots

So is more stratagem and DG-character related than loadout dependant?
Are melee Plagues possible?

>Are melee Plagues possible?
Theoretically, but you're better off taking blightlords if you want melee in your DG, because BL with flail are OP as fuck

Are ogryns good now?
Scout sentinels with heavy flamers and chainsaws?

So if DG=Tentacles, 1Ksons=Space Egypt/hard edges and WE=Skulls/chains, what will the EC visual motif be? Mono-tits? Tubes? I hope its tubes.

What?

Tyranid raveners and red terror are bloody God like eat a dick imperial guard pussies

you can certainly make Bullgryns work, but Ogryns with Ripper guns aren't that good.
From what ive heard and seen scout sentinels with chainsaws are pretty good.

Plumes, leather, trims, gems ( think Eldar ), some spikes, hair and top knots, grills (for the "sound" theme)

[childish shooting noises]

Ogryns are ok, the main problem is that Bullgryms are better at just about everything. You save a lot of points by taking Ogryns, so maybe if you just loaded them into a transport and threw them into combat they'd be more cost effective, but Bullgryns with their save are far better damage sponges.

Scout sentinels are ok, but again armored sentinels are better. The scout move hardly ever matters, but maybe if you are trying for a melee tarpit unit instead of a cheap turret unit they would be fine.

So I bought an Ork half of Stormclaw box and gonna get a start collecting box. What should be my next purchase? I want to play 1000pts games and don't need a waacfag list - just something slightly better than casual would be fine

First for if you criticize genestealers you're a racist bigot. We're loyal citizens so don't stereotype.
#notallgenestealers #coexist #fourarmsarebetterthantwo

the onomatopoeic spelling of a howl is "aroo"

>t. Games Workshop designer

Ogryns need a melee weapon, point for point they currently suck at everything but getting shot.

Boys for sure, try for 30 atleast. Lootas in trukks are great. Dreads too maybe.

That's not how you spell awoo awoo is fucking cancer though. worst girl, would not even post

Could I get some critique on this list?

I wanted to do something with Devastators since they can move and shoot now, and Ravenwing is fucking cool. Only problem I have is, since I'm playing a successor chapter, DA is kinda lean on HQ's suited for biking, but at least Libby gets me mortal wounds.

Was it autism?

seems squishy

Sternguard is good just with their bolters, right?

Is there any better Chapter Master gear than hammer + shield eternal? I dont want a bike

Half the reason the original unedited picture is funny is because of the guy's face and how great his reaction is but the full helmet blocks that element and hence makes this photo a lot less funnier than it could have been. A guardsman helmet, not obscuring his face would of been a better choice imo.

Not until he gets written by ADB.

Flayed Skin, Ornate Armor/Shoulderpads, Speakers, Shoulderpads with WIngs like BA.

Good conversion bits to go with BaC and maybe Tartaros Termies to make them look more Black Legion? Want a Chaos Warriors look to them.

>implying tubes arent the sickest shit ever

Terrible taste user, just terrible.

>That one fucking Ork

Every time.

I want this set so much

I keep seeing bits of custodes background saying they were assassins and infiltrators as well as bodyguards and Master of Mankind starts with Valdor sneaking his way into some warlord's compound in full banana armour. How is this even possible? It doesn't make much sense when regular astartes like the Raven Guard are capable of feats of special forces ninja shit, but how is something as ostentatious and near-primarch sized as a custodes supposed to get anywhere undetected?

How shit is my first go at painting flames?

No, no, the joke was- Christ, I really have to explain this to you, do I? The joke was that they don't seem to know what the fuck to do with the EC either.

What the fuck did you just say, kid?

Also, in the original picture there are Termagants not Hormagaunts.

youtube.com/watch?v=kg230t9gavQ&feature=youtu.be

Got the first of my audio bits put together for AoP

Editing audio is a pain in the ass

E-Emperor's Children will soon have their own codex with a model for Fulgrim and plastic Noise marines, r-right guys?

Is it possible to base my army on dreads and kans? I love orks mechs and I'm also on budget so I'm not sure if I can afford to play with boyz mobs

I said you were a talentless cunt.

I'm an EC player and I hope it's tubes.
Our Sonic Weaponry already uses tubes and I customised a plasma gun Chosen by using a helbrute tube to connect it to his armor once.
If we're lucky it'll start being teased next year

Boyz are cheap as chips on ebay, you could easily get them less than .50p a pop in bundles someplace. Full mech lists can suffer badly versus high damage weapons but a good way to counter this is have a Big Mek with a KFF covering all of your valuable walkers.

>looking at add more units to my deldar army
>see razorwing flocks
>4 wounds, 8 attacks, 7 points

anyone ever play with a big flock of birds? they actually look good.

Not sure about now, but it used to have an entire separate army based around that calles the Dred Mob. I know Deff Dreds are a bit overcosted, but there's certainly lore and game precedent. Also, you have the cheapest Titan in the game in the form of the plastic Stompa to cap off a big list.

>Emperor's Children and World Eater players thinking they're due their own books

The fact that they had to errata in Berserkers and Noise Marines remaining troops for you show how little they give a shit.

They have stealth field bullshit that can hide their armor and physique and/or disguise them as regular humans. Sufficiently advanced science, etc.

It's a cheap answer, I know.

Well he is talented, and good writer, but his chaos wank, abby fanboyism and daddy issues make his book bad.
Such a waste of good writer :(.

Not anymore. Boyz have gotten way more expensive on ebay compared to in 7th. Mainly due to them not being utter shit so people actually want them.

were...you not around for razorwing meta? They were so powerful they got a point hike and a squad size limit.

>abby fanboyism

I think that's GW mandate more than anything. Talos shittalks the guy and makes him look like a bitch in the first Night Lords book before apparently getting sent the "Abaddon = cool dude and totally a competent threat to the Imperium; please write accordingly" memo.

That's probably why people are so upset about the flaws. You don't hear constant complaining about a completely talent less shitheap like Kyme.

>every faction and subfaction is getting a codex
Pretty sure this is to replace supplements.
Plus the cult legions do kind of have unique units, Sonic Dreadnought was pulled from Forge World, but the Index FAQ produces rules for running one and it's basically a Sonic Helbrute, so I think we'll getting it in the future, not the near future but it'll probably be teased sometime next year.

No bully momiji

Momiji is cute. I can kind of understand you though, awoo brought a lot of secondaries.

If you want to optimize Plague Marines take five with three special weapons. Either 1 Plasma Gun, 2 Blight Launchers or 3 Plasma Guns. If you Plan to have a Chaos Lord around the Plasma is solid, otherwise favor more Blight Launchers.

Touhou is 95% secondaries.

He's you common deviant-art fanfic writer.

It annoys me to no end that the Chaos Lord has no DR 5+.
Fuck Chapterhouse paranoia.

>he is talented except for this attributes which make him a talentless hack
stop defending him.

Yes, but usually the majority of them flock to characters like Cirno or Flan, but the awoo and MAGA shit made Momiji a secondary magnet now too.

Source for this?

Is it right?

>fucking third parties
>using generic stuff that looks like our generic stuff
>they kind of fit in our kit
>clearly it is move to rob us!
>what do you mean we don't make this stuff?!

The amount of triggering GW has right now would be like apple threw a tantrum about some third party company making a phone case.

How can I make it more durable?

Termies kinda ruin the "mobility and long range support" thing.

Not until after all the Index factions get their codex.

>still no Dark Mechanicum

I think most people just try to forget Kyme's books exist, apart from the one good line he managed.

Your chapter name's fucking sick, I'll give you that.

no, I wasn't. was it recently?

they seem viable, since S2 can wound any toughness on 6s now.

Thank you, it took a long time to come up with.

>implying SoB will get anything
>implying if they get anything won't be nothing but nerfs
user stop. Please it still hurts.

Come on, some 3rd party is shameless.
I still think GW is retarded and this is one of the three things that made me less enamored of the release (the second is yet another fuck-your-dudes-primarch, and the third is the cheapshot move of the Plague Brethren).

kyme has flashes of brilliance, which is what makes the entire rest of his novels seem so incredibly disappointing

>the one good line he managed
Wait what?
user explain!

Twin Ass Cannons are favored on Razorbacks at the moment. Plasma Guns are particularly dicey on vehicles since you can rarely afford to overcharge them. If you can, try another loadout.

Along those lines taking lots of Plasma without a Captain is kind of a no-no. Either switch out some or all of your plasma of fit a Captain in there.

the FAQ for the razorwings was because of razorwing meta, where people would field around 150 razorwings, yvraine, and a couple beastmasters.

Anyone got that pic of just a massive blob of razorwings vs a massive blob of drones?

Twin las works pretty well for me

I basically chose razor weapon to complement what the rest of the army is missing, either anti-infantry or anti-tank

If you count 9th as "soon"

Pretty sure they are gonna dish out 1 primarch per side each edition.

I have a 6 man sniper scout squad and 8 points I can't spend, is it worth dropping a sniper rifle for a heavy bolter? Or just have the points floating around doing nothing and keep the sniper?

We can't really call third party shameless with a straight face after the stuff GW has done.

One in particular stands out as a dick move towards their consumers.
#NeverForgetCarnifex

Lets not even talk about their colossal incompetence regarding shipments.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me.
Calling 3rd party dicks is not meant to understate how much of a bunch of assholes GW is.

There's a short HH story about the a game the custodes play to see how far into the Imperial Palace they can infiltrate. They go without armor for the he entirety of it but there such lethal combatants that apparently armor doesn't really end up mattering.

Chapterhouse went way, way beyond that.

Advice on a BT or BA Primaris army?

genestealers are essential to replace a constantly conscripted population. Genestealers have large, hard working families.

>Advice

Don't

Can you tell some of GW sins?
I'm just curious.

Well, for BT, don't.

All their cool bits are for regular marines. You can't even take Land Raider Crusaders with Primaris Marines.

>goystealers

I don't really recall anything that require this level of tantrums.
It was all made by using generic names and symbols.
Is not like you can trademark a generic hydra or a generic Omega

Honestly a lot of the power of BT is in the excellent Crusader sqaud, which isn't Primaris. Likewise BA don't do much for Primaris at this point either. You're better off running Primaris under Ultras, Scars, or RG at the moment.

Honestly you get more options and variety from doing basic marines.

Primaris marines aren't exactly the most interesting pieces, tactically. They also don't have access to most transports, heavy weapons, jump packs, special units like sanguinary guard/death company, and so on.

How does romance work on hive worlds?

is there forced breeding? I can't imagine the sparks really can fly when you're poor, starving, living in squalor, and/or packed into residences like sardines.

And if there is romance, do they have to worry about slaaneshi influence? I mean, all drugs and alcohol are strongly controlled except in the underhives, I can't see sex allowed freely.

Is a banner necessary for a Death Korps command squad? I bought the High Command unit to get the Marshal, but the banner brass rod came all fucked upand doesn't much want ro stay fized. I don't care for banners aesthetically, but I guess +1 Ld and A is kind of important.

If you're gonna have a shooty squad, I'd at least recommend Hellblasters

People will always want to fuck, especially in places with high infant mortality. Look at the birth rate in shit world countries user.

An all Reiver force might be good for BT, right now the Primaris range is just too limited in terms of assault stuff to make anything interesting or particularly good.