Are chaos dwarfs the best fantasy race?

are chaos dwarfs the best fantasy race?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Dwarf
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Chaos_Dwarf
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/abyssal-dwarfs.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Mesopotamian aesthetics are criminally underrated for starters. Then take evil dwarfs and combine them with this look? Absolute winner winner chicken dinner right here.

Can you tell me more about chaos dwarves? I'm unfamiliar with their lore and themes

Cliffs: They're dwarves who worship chaos and use slave races and make daemonic war machines. They worship a god called Hashut who looks like a bull

If you have 10 minutes to spare, check out
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Dwarf

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Chaos_Dwarf

Basically, when chaos invaded the world in the early days of the warhammer timeline (before the elves made the vortex to weaken it) the eastern dwarf realms were overrun. These dwarfs became desperate and came to believe the standard dwarf gods abandoned them and made a deal with the chaos bull-god Hashut for protection in exchange for service. Overtime they became corrupted/evil.

They're the most industrial WHFB race and have all kinds of kino cannons/guns. Their Sarumand "fires of industry" motif means they need lots of slaves and there aren't many of them, so they rely a lot on slave soldiers, in particular hobgoblins (mongolian goblins).

Chaos Dwarf armies are a diverse combination of heavily armored infantry, firepower, orc/goblin/ogre slave soldiers, and weird mutated monsters like centaurs and giant flying bulls.

They're also the ones who made black orcs, seeking to breed obedience and discipline into the orc slaves. Instead they just launched an uprising that nearly wiped out the chaos dwarfs

evil dwarfs are criminally underdone

Evil Dwarves that follow the chaos god of industry, Hashut. They have a mesopotamian aesthetic and several silly hats.

Soon

>Dwarves
this is going in the book

>turn to chaos instead of holding out or dying trying like true dwarfs would have
>do literally nothing of note except build canons for chaos
>ran away like bitches in the only campaign they were ever relevant in because they couldn't stand up to the power of imperial repeater handguns
>get wiped out offscreen by Grimgors WAAAGH
Literally the worst warhammer race

>"Where was Grimnir when our warriors were dying? Where was Valaya when our children sickened? When we called out for aid in the deep places where we delved, it was not Grungni who answered our call, but mighty Hashut who delivered us in our time of need. Who are the real traitors here? Our kin who abandoned us to madness and death or we who only sought to survive against the forces of Chaos? One day there will be a reckoning and it will be the Sons of the Father of Darkness who will have the victory, not the weak willed spawn of the pathetic Ancestor Gods."

they did nothing wrong

Yes, put yourself in the book.

Warhammer pluralizes Dwarf as Dwarfs.

Knees for the Knee Throne!!!!

>b-but the gods didn't directly intervene and save us
>we had to turn to chaos!

Fucking pathetic excuse, every dwarf hold at the time was getting fucked, and the entire history of the dwarfs after that would consist of holds falling to greenies, rats and daemons. Those holds went down fighting like REAL dwarfs despite not having any ancestor gods directly helping while the bitch ass Dawi Zharr were the only ones to fully embrace chaos as a society.

So Hashut is a Chaos God, just not one of the big for like the horned rat? Does he not have daemons either?

Yes.

He doesn't have daemons because Skaven were favored by GW while Chaos Dwarfs were basically forgotten - technically the cannon is a daemon right? So I guess that.

K'daai are basically hashut daemons

I love chaos dwarfs. Love 'em.

And unlike dwarfs, playing a chaos dwarf army is usually fun because they tend to get a variety of warrior types. Hobgobs/slaves for chaff or tarpits, bull centaurs for cavalry. If you play Kings of War you even get flying units with your gargoyles.

If you are a faggot sure

More or less this. The other Dwarfs knew the land was cursed & went back but these guys were even more stubborn & continued. Turns out that disobeying obvious signs to turn back can screw you.

Not sure if it's fake or the guy who put it on ebay for 35 euros didn't know what it's worth but I managed to finally managed to get my hands on the chaos dwarf ass canon. I'm trying to spend as little as I can on forgeworld as I build my chaos dwarf army and I was wondering if anyone know if it's close enough in size to any of the their warmachines that I can use it as a subsitute

Cheap Chaos Dwarfs? Mantic Games was built for that:

manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/abyssal-dwarfs.html

Their warmachines sadly aren't even attempting to be the same size as the Forgeworld versions. I would probably just go with Chincast Forgeworld for some of the bigger and OOP pieces, and use Mantic for basic troops.

And yet by almost any metric they were more successful than the "good" dwarves.

Looks like shit though. Id have more respect putting down something from MOMminiatures or the Russian alternative even though it would require conversions or liking the "old goofy hat" edition.
No, the mantic version is just shitty models Im afraid, not only in quality but in looks as well. Jesus, just look at those guys down at the right, horrible...

>straight beards
Who would field chaos dwarf models without the ringlet beards? Do you also use round eared elves?