Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sickle Rick edition. "We are sickles now Morty!"

Or shitty meme edition....

>Mars somehow not copy pasted rules warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/forge-world-focus-mars-sep-11gw-homepage-post-4/

>Imperium win Konor, surprising no one
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Deathwatch.

First for fun is the cancer killing this game

From the last thread,

What's a good price to pay for a Knight Warden if it's assembled but not primed/painted? It's got the box and all of the bits. I'm thinking about picking one up and running it with my Guard and there are a couple people selling them in my area (I think they just bought them for konor's LOW week).

You mother fucker

Does anyone have the stats for the plague go-cart?

Fail.

Has anyone ever actually managed to get any Electropriests to go Super Saiyan for the 3++? Seems like that won't really happen much thanks to not many of them living to charge something, but then again melee fights are really swingy in 8e. Very rarely have I seen a melee actually go on to a second combat round, something's either dead or pulled back by then.
Still, if they're countercharging you might get to pull a huge blob of 20 3++ 5+++ lunatics for 320 points, which isn't half had.

All I've been seeing is people say "spam boyz/conscripts" lately. If the meta changes (due to, for example, a FAQ), I got the feeling at least a few new players will feel fucked over by Veeky Forums. Hopefully any anons who want to run a less that optimal army just do it, especially if their army's codex isn't out yet.

knights are shit in 8th, i wouldn't pay more than 40 dollars for one

It's true, but damn does that statement make me cringe over power creep

Anyone who just buys the most broken thing tg is talking about deserves what they get. Razorwing flocks for example.

>power creep
More like power pogo-sticking.

If they're shit now, and you want one, maybe you can get a good deal. Sometimes shit turns to gold after a FAQ or new edition.

thoughts on the better anti-armor options for eldar? local meta is going very landraider/equivalent heavy since there are less large hordes present, and my current eldar lists are having some difficulties with cracking T8 (can only doom 1 target).

fire prisms are lackluster in practice, and of the platforms for brightlances none of them are low enough cost to be taken in quantity or robust enough to handle return fire with limited numbers. what do? I already run 2 hemlocks, and while they help I don't want to sink any further points into flyers.

>listening to Veeky Forums
>ever
Lmao. It's even worse in 8th where the meta can get fucked up on a whim. The butthurt when GW fucked Flyers was palpable.

What's a good deal? I sure as shit don't want to pay $140 or whatever GW is charging for them now.

when were razorwing flocks OP?

From last thread, posting my appreciation and a few questions.

#
So paint and play orks then??

#
Awesome job user, pic saved for later ref. Thanks!

#
My inspiration for Pallid hand was just grimier 30k legion colours so your on point user, and that simplicity of that flesh paint scheme is prime!

#
This is kinda what i was looking for user, in terms of darker colours relating to the lighter scheme as you said. As well, the suggestion on the skin colours are on point. Definitely a few ideas there that I would have totally overlooked. By necrosis though, did you mean like grayish-dark purpleish decayed flesh or more fleshy decay"ing" coloured rot that comes from gangrene?

Thanks for all responses anons!!! I am a much stronger converter then painter so when i get this gooey army going, you will all be the first to see them!!! And sorry for coming back to the party late...

Hey kiddos
Suppose you want some custodes to fight next to your guardsmen
I'm thinking sort of "tactical custodian squad lost for a couple of millenia revered as gods by the planet they ended up on, levying a retinue of admittedly shit but zealous guardsmen" meme.
How lore friendly is this? Is it allowed by the indexes? Am I just high on some shit?

Before they got boosted to double points. 7 points a flock before Fax. came out. 84 points for max unit, not 168.......

Nope!!!!!!!

>What's a good deal?
One that fits what you ARE willing to spend.

Second hand rule of thumb
100+% for paintjobs you love
80% for boxed/on sprue unpainted
60% for assembled unpainted, just primed or paintjob that you like
50% for passable paintjob you can live/work with
40% for a stripjob

Followers of the Changer of Ways, whether it be for daemons or children of dust, what would you like to see in the codex rules-wise? This of course meaning outside of new models, given that's not likely and such. I'm also more interested in discussion on the rules at the moment.

Do they have Imperium keyword? Then yes, you can take them in a different detachment.

>namefag
Stop.

Auxiliary detachment @ -1 CP will let you run anything with anything if you share a faction keyword, so yes you can. Lore friendly is another matter. Yes, it's fluffy in 8th since Girlyman made them leave the Imp Palace but not everyone is happy with how GW handled getting Custodes to participate in shit.

Back when they were 7 points each with no restrictions

Custodes do not get lost, squads are as valuable as full Space Marine companies.
Index allows it rues wise.

Literally an unconfirmed rumor

Op of this here.

At, what is it, 3-4 wounds each for a 40mm based unit; 84 points for a massive wall of 36-48 wounds for under 100 points is crazy... even as a DE player.

But double was to much, should be 10-11 points each but w/e.... Everything i got has flying almost so, falling back is nice.

So I am aware that they don't "get lost"
I mean more like "big golden throne man said go here and stand around cuz its important"
Captcha: free mexico

Sweet esus you woke up on the wrong side of bed

So... do these get Death to the False Emperor? Because I think if they do, they could actually rack up some damage.

There should be more than 6 psychic powers or certain units should have a special psychic power if their own. Ahriman should have a special rule where he can talk to an enemy psyker on the table and make them fuck up spells or some shit, even if he's in reserve.

IG get a super unit not baneblade when?

>Does a unmanned, daemon possessed, plague throwing, lawn-mower have a rule meant for marines that served in the times before daemonic-corruption

What ya think user??

Other then me thinking of VotLW, my reasoning is the same.

they get like 7, and then 6 or so lesser super heavies you moron

Oh boy! Demonic Lawnmower!

So stormhammer?

You have to be a seriously special kind of cretinous autist to do this and not realise you just defeated the purpose of the whole hobby. How can anyone possible think this is fun from a modelling, game playing or fluff perspective. Its like kiddies who use exploits and cheat codes to win a game for that hollow victory on technicality.

What I'm hoping for is pretty much the same as the AoS Disciples of Tzeentch got, so a psychic discipline for Thousand Sons and another one for Tzeentch Daemons and the ability to either take daemons without screwing up your legion rules or just better summoning, to represent how the numerically disadvantaged Thousand Sons summon daemons to get some more bodies onto the battlefield.

Oh shit, that could be really interesting actually.
For things like exalted sorcs, they could even have different powers depending on the warlord trait you choose so that you have a tad bit more to think about.

How well did I do anons?

post ending in 7 renames my Lord

New units for Necrons when?

PoxMcGoo

Mr Poop

Not sure how exactly the keywords work for Death Guard but if I remember correctly I heard daemons are in their codex, not sure if they can be ran under the Death Guard keyword though. It'd be great if we'd be able to run them without breaking rules.

Slimer

Dumpmaster Q

Im the first and last and was literally speaking out against buying the most op thing being talked about. Go to bed user you are tired.

Chinky Pete with the Stinky Feet

Poopface

The Great Clean One

I wasn't attack you on this point just adding commentary to that discussion,

His name is Fatty Bo Batty and you know it, this was decided a few days ago.

Deal with it, damn good name.

Daemon player needs to pick up a fucking brush

PooPuddle McGee

Take off the name jamal

CCG player

Who knows
If tau and orks are getting models then necrons might too

Nah senpai

Yay

I know user, I don't know what else I expected here

It just hurts

New IG unit ideas?
Sly maybe?
Fortress of Arrogance?

Stinky Pete with the DInky Feet

I like this.

Dude we get it you're muslim you don't have to tell us like that

how about fixing valks to be less useless and making russes able to shoot after falling back first?

Buddy I live 5 minutes away from Warhammer World. There's no nightclub in Nottingham called The Rock. Closest thing is Rock City which is a music venue.

But user, the resale value is better if they're unpainted after they get nerfed. Don't you even know 40k economics?

the only daemon I see is the Yncarne
the rest are razorwing flocks and drones

I really like Russes shooting at -1 when falling back. The turrets hit on 5s and the other guns fire at 6s. Seems fair.

It'll make units far more interesting and tactical. Some units are usually kept away from the thick of the fighting as buffers to augment units. What if they have a really powerful spell that only worked within a very close range? Do you risk potentially losing that unit to a charge next turn so you can hopefully get off your spell this turn to fuck shit up?

Things to think about. Shit for your enemy to think about, too.

Shit, sorry. I'm being a degenerate phone poster and it looked like a horde of pink horrors

>was
>"there isn't"
>was
>was

Meme :DDD

Well damn. That would have been funny as hell

Who else is excited to hear about Admech's exciting new Forgeworld rules, like rerolling damage against buildings?

Stop replying or it won't go away.

WHAT THIS BUTCHBULSHIT IS? TÜRK STRONG NO TO MAKED FUN
WHO SAY TÜRK NOT GRETEST I TÜRK WIL SMESH
JENSÜSG GHRIST WAS TÜRK MOHAMMAD TÜRK, HANÏBAL TÜRK. TRÖY TÜRK.
KARL FRAN TÜRK NOT GERMANIC Y'ALLAH CA INFIDEL SAY GERMANIC BUT CA IS GERMANIC CONSPIRACY
CÄESAR TÜRK TÜRKTÜÜÜRK
INFIDEL I SHOW TÜRK TO YOU I SHOW HERCULES MY TÜRK GÖRKÜN
ATILA HUN TÜRK ARKON TÜRK GENGIS KAN TÜRK
TÜRK STRONK SHOW GERMANIC HOW IS AAHAHH HAHAH

Which is why no images or phonebook listings of any bar in the area ever existing have surfaced. Come on man what do you get out of forcing dead 1d4chan memes?

I refuse all games with FW models or rules in them, so it wont bother me at all.

Nightclubs in Nottingham don't close often. Oceana closed down last year and that was the first one in decades, then it reopened as Prism. I'm all for homoeroticism in the Dark Angels (I play fists) but at least post the poem they get their name from, not lies.

No, in an exceptionally brilliant move, the chapter tactics of Adeptus Mechanicus are called Forgeworld rules, so as to not confuse them with rules from Forgeworld.

Kek
Nice meme

Alpha CT for styg

there is only one god allah and muhammed is his prophet

Poem? Color me interested. What's it called?

eh if its cumulative -1s then if its got damage its secondary guns cant shoot at all.

Thoughts on what the next army will be?

Will probably still be a while away, but what is the most likely faction to pop up that isn't affiliated with any current faction? Meaning brand new, not another chapter, not an offshoot like Ynnari/Genestealers.

Dark Angel by Lionel Johnson

Bubonic Billy

Lionel Johnson, The Dark Angel.

Won't be
Offshoots are likelier

It's literally just called Dark Angel by Lionel Johnson. There are a bunch of theories on what it's about since it's not clear but most just go with the theory that it's resisting homo lust.

What are you even talking about??

Literally 40k was a game first with shit models, then it became a hobby.

Refelecting autism is, in itself, autism friendo.

If dubs you will play Speedfreaks Orks

Squats or Sisters. GW wants to make a big impression in this edition and this is the easiest and most effective way to do it.

Thanks user, I love learning weird stuff about 40k

Orks were based on football hooligans and Nazi skinheads. One of their language runes was a swastika.