Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1738: The Real Spark Was The Friends We Made Along The Way Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

turtledove.wikia.com/wiki/Atlantis_(series)
youtube.com/watch?v=EEI-NCTsiPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been doing a jump based on the Turtledove Atlantis series. I just want to make sure no one else is doing that so that if they are I can back off.

I don't think I've heard anything about that ever, so you should be good to go.

Generic Isekei. How come there's no body options? Like having washboard abs, Captain America level body?

turtledove.wikia.com/wiki/Atlantis_(series)

apparently it is a thing

That's what upgrade is for

Most isekai MCs are skinny japanese boys?

Take the "you have the self-discipline to train" perk and get your own beach body.

How bad of an idea is to permanently fuse my Overlord NPCs to my Third Circle Souls?

Depends on the NPCs I would say.

They're Overlord NPCs, they would be OK with anything, really.

Not what I meant, nor is it anything to do with the question being asked.

I thought it's an even split between skinny japanese boys, and average japanese salarymen?

My mistake. Somehow I warped the words into "Depends on what the NPCs would say".

Some reincarnation histories include super-human bodies.

How well do your Companions from sci-fi and modern settings handle going to medieval and/or fantasy Jumps?

I dont have any.

Anyone doing an Ugly Americans jump?

It's not really a problem. That's what background memories are for.
I rarely take drop-in as an origin anyway even if i know a setting - reading a book or watching an anime will hardly prepare you for actually living there - unless it's a setting i absolutely do not want to have memories of or a history in and yet want to jump anyway for whatever reason (none come to mind).

And the same applies to my companions, at least most of the time.
Especially in cases like "totally different world/society" everyone could see the benefit of getting the background memories, because i like to companion sensible people.

>a jump based on the Turtledove
Vilcabamba will be fun, be a Krolp and kill the humans

>How well do your Companions from sci-fi and modern settings handle going to medieval and/or fantasy Jumps?

My robot pals are always interested to mingle with constructs

WHY?! Do you want a chest spike? Because that's how you get chest spikes.

Not really a problem. Adapting to sci-fi tech is just a matter of time, and going back is not a problem when you can handle out symbiotes and have your own dimension to retreat.

Post your Teen Titans builds!

Well, you're fusing aspects of your soul/mind to unrelated beings. Might cause some side-effects.

Also, why would you want that?

But third holes are cool

I want to use my Item creation EX, my desolate era formations mastery, and my naruto fuinjutsu together to make a bow along with marvel magic smithing and uru for the heads and other metal bits.

How powerful/awesome of a bow could one achive with this level of crafting?

How do I alter other peoples transformation sequences? I want to make vegeta do a magical girl TS in order to go ssgss.

Soubds like something a curse with disney magic could do.

well what do you want the bow to do? any particular magical effect or just raw piercing power?

I was looking to give the bow extended range, high penetration, and possibly enhance the properties of arrows shot from it, maybe multiply arrows shot if I wanted.

Then make a bunch of different arrows like exploding and such.

You could probably pound out something similar to archer in fate only with much longer range and damage. Depending on how you do it you also may have arrows conceptually enhanced with the dao you have. So shooting an arrow when you have certain dao infused via the formations makes you have hundreds of arrows with all those elemental properties/domains.

As to the fuinjutsu IDK maybe a super big quiver?

Drawbacks:
Portal and Empathetic Empowerment (+0cp)
Coveted (+200cp)
Overheating (+300cp)

Species: Half-Demon
Powers, Abilities and Skills:
Cambion Physiology

Items and Companions:
Costume
Theme Song
Admissions Paper
Built-In Communicator and Self-diagnostic System
Allowance
Library

You know what? I regret not posting this image

Human
Mystery
Jump City
Empathy 950
Aerokinesis 850
Electrokinesis 750
Geokinesis 650
Hydrokinesis 550
Ionikinesis 450
Pyrokinesis 350
Telekinesis 250
Martial-Arts 150
Rogue 50
Costume free
Theme Song free
Library -250
Holographic Disguise Rings -300

Nemesis 0

At first I went all out with the Half Demon origin + Telekinesis to manipulate subatomic matter, but there are more than enough ways to get that elsewhere. So I just grabbed every kind of Kinesis, Empathy, some neat skills, and a useful Library.

Here you go?

Tamaranean (800)
Nerd (100)
Location: Jump City... I'm guessing I got here as a fellow prisoner aboard the same ship as Starfire?
>perks:
Tamaranean Physiology (free)
Empathy (100)
Engineering (free)
Genius (300)
>items:
Costume (Free)
Theme Song (Free)
Library (300)
>drawbacks:
Annoying Super-Team (+100)
Coveted (+200)
Overheating (+300)

Kinda debating if I want to swap the Library for Ionikinesis (and something else) now that it combines with Tamaranean?

OK, I have a plan and I'd like to hear what you guys think:
First, I'm going to jump Naruto, and I'm going to cut a lock of Sasuke's hair while he's asleep, so I can make two clones using the perks from Jurassic Park.

Then, I'm going to torture clone one until it unlocks the three-tomoe sharingan, and I'm going to harvest them while keeping it hostage and pacifying it with hallucinogens.

After that, I'm going to wake up the second clone, befriend it using social fu perks, then artificially induce his sharingan to ulock, lie to him about feeling remorseful, then engineer a situation where he thinks he killed me, but I only fake my death, then knock him out with more drugs.

Third step, switch each clone's sharingans with the other's, since they have the exact same genetic structure, it's guaranteed to be compatible.

Now, since I plan on taking the Senju bloodline, I'm going to make a hybrid using my and sasuke's genes, implant the eternal mangekyos into his arms, cause him to unlock his own sharingan, social-fu him to friendship, fake my death while making it look like his fault, he unlocks his own rinnegan, and now I steal his six rinnegans, implant myself with uchiha DNA, and implant the rinnegans into my arms, so I can channel every path at once.

Sorry if it sounds edgy, I just wanted the free eyes of hax.

>Sorry if it sounds edgy
It is.

Human
Thief

Rogue
Elasticity
Self Duplication

Costume
Allowance

Companion Import x8

You know the saying "if you want something done right do it yourself."? That's why i'm here.
Yep, Self Duplication is the only reason i'm jumping Teen Titans, because it's one of the best clone perks in the chain.
Well, that and the monthly cash is a very nice bonus.

A 1:1 copy of yourself alone would be worth the points, but even a half- or quarter-power clone will pack some serious punch later on.
And then there's all the mundane uses where "normal human" is more than sufficient.
Sent a clone if you don't want to go to highschool for the 50th time, crew a ship with people you KNOW are competent (because they're you), there's tons of uses for infinite clones.
My companions naturally all get Self Duplication as well, because everything else in the jump can be gotten elsewhere.

Ow.

Well shit.
OK, new plan, make a Sasuke clone, implant it with a caring, charming personality, sell it to Sakura, sound better?

I was a half-demon.
... that's about it. It costs a thousand CP.
It'd take more characters to post the build than I'm currently wasting explaining it.

Actually, back when the jump was new, there were a bunch of people who would debate that it was the OTB, that or Tamaranian, because they're so much more overtly powerful than the other options.
But personally I just picked it because it has soul magic, and at the time I was really, really into soul research. Actually, I still am. And also, y'know, I get to say that Raven is my sister, so that's pretty neat.

I didn't do a whole lot. Wandered aimlessly around Jump City. Hung out with the Hive Five. Argued with Control Freak. A lot. Videogames ARE the superior passtime you neanderthal.
Occasionally helped fight off other, more serious villains. Which, actually, made hanging out with the Hive Five initially difficult. I had to build up my "villain cred" first. It's kinda weird, straddling the line between hero and villain in a world that's so traditionally black and white.
Also had to fight off Slade and Madame Rouge.

We did this whole, like... I guess you'd call it an "episode", where I met the Titans and was initially charming and Raven got jealous because I was better at emoting, and then later it became obvious that I'm really ambivalent about crimes and doing them, and also I'm a total phony, and everyone decided they liked Raven better because she's more "genuine".

Assholes.

S'bout it, really.

Seems like too much work honestly. I can live with edge, Im just lazy. But you do you. Also why not just clone activated mangos?

Much.

I mean, I´m not saying you shouldnt do it, just that it is very edgy. Like something the Urobutcher would write.

I don't know if I can clone the activated eyes, I was under the impression they'd just be "normal" uchiha eyes.

Show me your demon form.

It doesnt sound out of character in the setting. Just edgy.

Black Crusade never.

The solution is to be a shoggoth. Or use empress of jumper eyes from mushoku tensei to make everyone an uchiha.

I choose to believe in red. She will be back! My faith will hold me until then!

Dude.

Just. Steal someones.

Fanwank yourself as sasuke's sibling, let him and itachi go mango and swap, then steal em.

Blue walk tomorrow

>Sorry if it sounds edgy,

You dont need to go that extreme to push a child into suicidal depression

Just do the Emergence stuff

Demon, for you

If you buy uchiha you are related, him killing his big bro could probably pop your eye into mango anyway. Or do you have to do it?

This, sometimes the best solution is the simplest one.

I forgot to choose a file it seems, here's the related demon form

OK, trying to go full Orochimaru is too edgy, got it.
So, new plan, use Hybrid from Jurassic Park to make an army of bloodline limit hybrids, guarantee their loyalty by also using my own DNA and Genetic Imprinting from Factorio, is an army of Kaguya/Senju/Hyuga hybrids edgy?

Not torturing anyone this time, sound better?

Jumper Empress of Jumper Eyes just bestows severely weakened version of your eye powers to people. It wouldn't actually make them uchicha. It also only works on magical eyes, which Chakra is.

I mean, that assumes you care about itachi?

Which, apparently sasuke did. Just checked. Didn't realize that.

Anyways, sure. As long as you helped.

Orochimaru is going to be insanely jealous.

Spooky

My edges are unmatched.

Edgy is fine but thats not real edgy.

Naruto is an edgy setting.

Fear my heevil power!

>bestows severely weakened version of your eye powers to people.

Source that please?

>which chakra is

Ok?

I think this is the closest I got and technically is my infernal exalted form,demonic stuff never really had the same appeal to me

Which means he's going to steal one of the hybrid's bodies, so he's going to have the bullshit durability of the Kaguya, Rinnegan or Sharingan, and Senju level reserves and talent.
Which means I should actually social-fu Orochimaru into being an ally, then pod him.

Honestly, new plan sounds a lot better.

>not real edgy
Sorry, I don't really get it, what do you mean with "real edgy"?

I mean it is not very edgy.

Mine was pretty simple for Restarted!Chain

Half-Demon, Pyrokinesis, Geokinesis, and Weakness (Holy Cross)

The combination ended up pushing the Half-Demon bit to the forefront, so I accidentally made myself look a little bit more like "Dad" than I intended. Which did not help first impressions when the Titans found me in the woods desperately trying to control my powers on my own with only hints of how to do that.

But a decade of being a solid good guy and helping defeat "Dad" brought Raven around. Even if that turned into a clusterfuck after I incinerate Slade beyond usefulness by Trigon so he picks a new champion. Dr. Light. If you've ever see the Teen Titans Comic where Dr. Light unlocks his powers and intellect entirely, you probably understand how bad that whole situation got.

After defeating Trigon, Raven and I separated from the Titans to go study under John Constantine. Because if you want to know about magic and dealing with demons, there really is only one person to teach you. At least in this universe he wasn't /quite/ as much of a Constantine as usual.

We eventually headed back to the Tower, but most of the others had moved on to the bigger leagues. Cyborg eventually accepted the offer to run Titans East. Beast Boy got out of the crime fighting gig to run animal rehabilitation shelters and became a vocal animal rights activist. Robin and Starfire ended up back in Gotham for a while, but moved on to the big leagues once Batman started slowing down.

That was a fun ten years to write about.

I can be pretty darn intimidating when I want to be.

The question is, what do you want with an army that can't follow you when you leave anyway?
I mean, conquering the elemental nations is a lot of effort when you're leaving in 10 years, and it's a feudal-era shithole with no redeeming qualities anyway.
Otherwise canon sorted things out just fine on its own unless you want to save a specific character that died.
There's really no need to interfere that i can see, especially not if it costs you tons of effort you could spend collecting/creating cool jutsu, studying fuinjutsu or waifuing hot kunoichi.

Do you want to force a different ending that somehow requires that much manpower?
Or ared you doing it just because you can?

>to go study under John Constantine.
...This seems like a really, really bad idea.

Did you fug Raven?

It's Teen Titans Constantine, not Comics Constantine. I figured he would be more toned down than usual. Which was true, to a point. At least he was a little more heroic than what I expected him to be and he took having a pair of apprentices pretty seriously.

We did have to rescue him from his own bad decisions more than once, but he never tried to pawn off our souls or anything.

Honestly it's the latter, it's Jumpchain, if I want power then I have a possibly literal eternity to get it, so if I'm going to stay in the feudal era shithole of Naruto, then I might as well make an army that can pose a threat to the Juubi itself while Naruto is still in the Land of Waves, conquer a chunk of the elemental nations, then watch as they try to deal with a superpower that came out of nowhere.

who wouldn't?

even the GO version user?

Lewd lewd lewd! Entirely lewd!
But yes. Two empaths locked in a tower with teenage hormones running wild tends to have just about the affect on them you'd expect.

>Two empaths locked in a tower with teenage hormones running wild tends to have just about the affect on them you'd expect.
That's a bit of a non sequitur to my Jumper. He's never felt even the slightest amount of empathy, you see.

didn't it bother you that you were sort of half siblings?

Demonic halfsiblings. Its almost a requirement to have sex.

Gurren Lagann update done.

Changelog
>Made the age and gender options free.
>Expanded the description of Spiral Energy.
>Slightly changed the end game rewards.
>Made it so you can do the endgame scenario but keep jumping.
>Added pre-spark rewards.
>Uncapped Spiral Energy. See notes for details.
>Until you get your Spark Spiral Energy can now trigger the Spiral Nemesis, however it would take Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann levels of matter and energy to do so.
>More details on Spiral Energy in the notes.

I have no response to that.
Your next line is: "They never do."

I mean, I didn't really dig into that with my writing. I tend to glaze over those kinds of details unless I'm writing the lewdness directly into the story. I usually keep that separate barring some vague allusion to them. I would have to imagine it would be a little weird on both sides of the fence afterwords.

Neat!

Regarding the Spiral Nemesis, is that fiat-enforced or just a natural consequence? The latter would mean we could handle it with perks or whatnot, and I'd generally be okay with that.

>Your next line is: "They never do."
Hahahaha, I'm not that much of an edge lord. Definitely old enough to post on this site

Not sure if I like the notes about the Spiral Nemesis. Was it ever shown that rampant use of Spiral Energy would create such a being? Because irrc, it was just a race that existed and combined themselves in combat agaisnt Spiral Energy, not something born through its use.

Oh, it's not supposed to be an edge lord comment. It's a reference to Archer.

I think the Spiral Nemesis isn't so much a being as it is a snowball effect caused by the overused of Spiral Energy that basically makes the entire universe explode.

It's been years for me too, but I'm like eighty percent sure it was more a phenomenon thing an actual entity.

spiral nemesis is a natural consequence of using spiral power. it is the end result of excess use. i'm pretty sure, according to the show at least, that all spiral users no instinctively that the spiral nemesis can/will happen.
you're thinking of the anti spirals. the spiral nemesis is a super massive universe destroying black hole

Read the perk. It explicitly says it bestows "lesser" versions of your eye powers; which in line with canon, is reducing something like the All-Seeing Eye into separate Clairvoyant and X-ray Eyes.

>you're thinking of the anti spirals. the spiral nemesis is a super massive universe destroying black hole
Huh. Looks like I mixed those up. Here's some explanation of it from the wiki:

>As the Anti-Spiral itself explains it, the Spiral Nemesis's catalyst is Spiral Power's ability to defy the laws of physics, such as creating matter from nothing, from Giga Drill Breaks to the transformation of the higher levels of Gunmen. If enough Spiral Power was to be generated, all Spiral lifeforms in the universe would eventually start evolving into full-sized galaxies. The sudden imbalance of mass in the universe would lead to these mega-galaxies devouring each other, forming a black hole which would consume all of existence. The Anti-Spiral's actions throughout the series are intended to destroy all Spiral Power in the universe, thereby keeping the Spiral Nemesis from ever happening.

>In The Lights in the Sky are Stars, it is shown that the Spiral Nemesis is more than just a theory. When Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Super Granzeboma's Giga Drill Breaks collide, the entire Anti-Spiral space (a multiverse consisting of thousands of universes) begins to collapse into itself. Of course, this was on an order of magnitude far greater than the Anti-Spiral thought the Spiral races were capable of. This shows that the Spiral Nemesis, while still theoretically possible, requires a great deal more mass and Spiral Power than even the Anti-Spiral had initially surmised.

Spiral Nemesis isn't a being, it's a supermassive blackhole that's accidentally created when too many Spiral Energy users get to galaxy or greater level size and strength.

Kinda both. It will have a chance of happening until you get your spark, but if you can figure out some crazy ass perk or power combination that can surpass it and basically allow you to no sell a universe sized black hole I'll allow you to use it.

Cool!

...Just so I'm clear, the Pre-Spark Reward for You Are Someone Who Ought To Survive gives you one of the two other Pre-Spark Rewards, right?

Also this; >When Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Super Granzeboma's Giga Drill Breaks collide, the entire Anti-Spiral space (a multiverse consisting of thousands of universes) begins to collapse into itself.
And like I wrote in the notes it's extremely unlikely you'll be using that amount of power unless you're fighting the Chaos Gods in the Warp or something similarly crazy.
youtube.com/watch?v=EEI-NCTsiPE

Just a thought but if a person wanted to learn elemental dao like water or fire what would be a good jump to do it in?

i do have a question about the jump. in your notes you said that an attack much bigger than needed is unlikely to succeed. i know of no such limitation in the show, and it almost seems to go against the very nature of Spiral power to regress when faced with a weaker foe.
I was just wondering why you put that in there? it does seem like an unnecessary limitation, to me at least.

Avatar. You are already learning martial arts that embody the elements so it should be much easier to study up.

Desolate Era or another xianxia that make a thing about dao.

Bancho are you here?

Fuckin' WHY?
Go and get the attention of something less harmful to your sanity; like a Lovecraftian Great Old one.