/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
This is the last thing you will see before I CT Rear your ass, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-09-11 - Still getting worked on & now has 16868 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2017-08-30!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

d15yciz5bluc83.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/BattleTechQuick-Start-Rules.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech#ywu2oukhl8gww
megamek.org/downloads
solarisskunkwerks.com/
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page
vladimir3d.deviantart.com/art/Crimson-Hell-Kite-46925587
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Clan ghostbear holds this butte

Does anyone have the stats for the Gemini?

>Looking at mechs and power armors after some years outside the fandom.
>All those Clan furry bait armors and Protomechs.
The hell. I get that they love they spirit animal or whatever but he Hell Horses go one with armor called buraq than its a fucking horse suit.
I dread what MPL fags have done with those mechs.

The hmg version is fucking tits....im noy allowed to use those in a urban environment anymore for some reason...

Girlfriend made this in a coloring app..told her you never go full xing shen.

I bet it's extra humiliating to be offed be a clanner in a fursuit.

Nah, its when this thing chases down slow lights they get embraced.

>I sometimes wonder if people would like them more if they have more fire power due to some lighter chassis option and such.

You have NO idea what you can do with a protomech.

>And a stealth armor option protomech at 60 kg per point and eat up a slot too.

As another user stated, proto's are hard enough to hit as-is, so while I agree that should exist they are nimble and hard enough to hit as-is.

she seems like a dumb bitch

Wow, that 15 ton protomech atcually look damn fine.

Really wish there's protomech builder in megameklab for ease of build.

Aww thanks, she hasn't got into battletech yet and i found it funny when she showed me this. Glad you liked it!

tell her to make art for and like factions that /btg/ approves of

So..fedcom? Gyakakakaka

Factions /btg/ approves of:

>any bird faction. the less mainstream the better.
>the tranny faction. we like our whores piloting capellan mechs in regiments that came out of nowhere.
>word of blake/comstar/fochtstar. they're all fucking evil but we don't care.
>small mercenary companies. so we can argue whether mercs having mechs at all makes us them mary sues.

Got it? Don't waste my time again.

So..whay your really TRYING to say is,start with the clans then work her way up the periphary factions that dont start with T.

That thing is hilarious and they rek shit pretty hard.

Also the second MLP mech and the third horse-named mech Hell Horses field.

you should have realized that. every female player starts with the clans because of some pretty animal they like, makes a mary sue character, possibly puts fanfiction out about said character, and spends more time drawing bad art or talking about her character than actually playing the game

come on man, you've been dating her a while right? you should know this stuff by now.

He is just butt hurt that the Fed Suns are the best Faction. I mean who does not love autocannons to the point your piloting a walking bomb. Fed Suns are orky and on a quest for finding the most Dakka

Question, is there any good way to find some good art for infantry in battletech? 3085 only wetted my appetite for PBI's

Kek 7/10. Tho i do plan to point her twords the bears. *plugs ears for reee*

Let's just be glad that Clan Trashpanda and Clan Death Otter never happened.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There, you got your (You)

fucking Bears.

Have anyone posted the Succesion Wars TRO pdf?

Not true. The one and only serious female BT player i've ever met and/or played with went MoC FIRST and Falcons a distant second.

Made sense since MoC is all about stronk wemnz gettin what they want. And now the Falcons have got the only bitch who can out bitch Katrina.

See the girl who is really into battletech on my end is a steiner player, but she is sort of off... She likes piloting atlas' and kicking people with them.

Honestly the best looking protomechs are from the society, at least artwork wise. They actually look like mechs instead of these weird stylized animals/people.

It is actually these proto's that made me really like protomechs, before I was insanly turned off by how they looked

yeah the society protomechs are pretty dope.

Was playing at a Con and we had a Sailor Venus sit down with us and learn to play. She took a sort of perverse pleasure in just rolling dice. I had a feeling she spent a bit too much time at a craps table or something.

Made a pretty hot Venus though. AND she actually expressed interest in playing beyond the con.

And dude...there is NOTHING wrong with liking fucking mechs up with Atlas kicks. My second favorite Atlas of all time is the TSM equipped 8D.

I like them (and those soldiers rock too).
As I said, I'm totally off beat with the lore, be society you mean a faction or Battletech fans? Also it's war of reaving an interesting read to get pieces of the new lore? To see some clans ended rightly it's a bit bittersweet, even when I never liked them much.

The Society was a network/secret society of Clan Scientist caste members, who decided to kick Warrior caste supremacy to the kerb. Sarna ought to have a precis on them.

Society is the faction. Basically clan scientists are tired of being put down by the warriors and develope a ton of tech and try to put themselves on top. It is actually a fairly interesting read to be honest.

They get a good send off. Tho the mandrills.ends how you expected

Is there a reason, apart of some incompetent suits? Why would you do that.

It's kind of funny how quick they are to start cannibalizing themselves at the first hint of weakness. Those who break faith with the Unity indeed...

Nice, I didn't expect the clans to end interesting, that was a fun read. Also some potential interesting stuff with the mini empires some carved out, like the Goliath Scorpions (than I'm sure it will amount to nothing).

So, of the dark age stuff, is that something really good or at least bearable? I'm ending some pulpy books and I'm searching some good old Mech stomping and maiming.
If there is anything involving protomechs would be cool, I know it would sound like heresy but Mechs in Battletech are too big,
protomechs look like something a lot more sensible and "fun", being cheaper to produce and thus you can field more humanoids death machines. Anything with power armors it's cool too.

To be honest a lot of the clans ended up living on by forming new factions as well.

Only four clans were completly destroyed, heck a new one came into being as well from the wars of reaving. Turns out even the smoke jaguars were still around as well.

Blood Spirit
Burrock
Fire Mandrill:
Ice Hellion
Steel Viper

These four got defeated/annihilated.

is that the concept art for what the protomechs eventually became? Because a shame if so.

No that's FD's take with the original Chaffee art below.

No idea desu, I found it in the pastebin lino to the battletech booru.
I think the artist was nearly blind be the artist directo when he had to make the mechs, saying he had to make them monsters or something, and with names like gorgon, minotaurs etc as all inspiration.
Tough I would want to know who did the upper protomechs ones, I like them.

Dang. I think part of the problem with how the proto mechs look is the artist who orginally did them. The artist who did the society mechs did an amazing job at it. Such as the minotaur here looks a lot better than what we orginally got.

Last society Protomech artwork. Generally they just did a lot better job by making them look like mechs in general.

So how fucked where the majority of clans after they hunted down the society? Because anhilating nearly all your scientist caste doesn't sounds like a healthy thing to do.

Well there was a huge lack for awhile, but there was some who did not betray. Some clans eliminated their entire scientist caste just to be sure, then went and got some from other clans.

The fact of the matter is we do not really know the true effects longterm on the homeworld clans because of a lack of stuff written about them after the war of reavings. Innersphere clans were a bit better off but still had their own society uprisings. They have the benefit though of potential captured scientists being brought up to snuff from the innersphere less widespread society issues.

Now if the ilclan book is going to be canon, which I hope to god it does not because it is god awful, the homeworld clans eventually recover to a point where they will sort of outtech the inner sphere clans.

Chaffee got told "make them look like monsters" so he took it literally.

Chaffee IMO didn't necessarily do angles and machinery well, but did an amazing job of placing the object in a background and giving it a sense of scale (even his proto art does this better than everyone else's. Pic related) I've also noticed his hardcore 80s scifi look is somewhat make or break with some fans.

The big issue I think however is that he was given poor direction (make a unit that's in-between a BA and a Mech, and a real "monster") and little feedback on his work. Which was typical FASA shenanigans.

Guys, seriously, favorite clan mech, or inner sphere mech using clan parts. I always had a soft spot for the Vulture / Mad Dog, and of course the Timbie, but the Ryoken is an ugly bastard to me and I yet like it after I am done being a pissant with a Nova.

It's amazing how few cutaway and schematic views of mechs actually show myomer. Or even have room to fit it.

Or space for missile bins, for that matter.

>Ryoken is an ugly bastard
Fite me, Surat. Vulture and Timberwolf have the best all around aesthetics though. I've also always been a fan of humanoid designs so special shoutout to Incubus and not!zaku horned owl

>two metric tons of LRM ammo
>240 individual missiles
>existing in netherworld space inside this mech
How to art?

How about pure Inner sphere goodness then huh? Why does it have to have clan tech. Filthy clanner.

The Word would like to have a chat.

Lets not forget the rearming mechanism for the LRMs. how are missiles that big supposed to go back into the tube?

You test tube baby. The original art and the 3050U is good art, but LOOK AT THAT PIC! My soul hurts looking at that monstrosity. it should be in a survival horror game like Silent Mech or something.
Test tube baby.

The Word has some of the best looking stuff I swear. I like to imagine this is how the majority of their militia troops looked like, so fucking bad ass.

We need a color version of this as well.

Best unit insignias too.

Favorite clan ride? Ho lord...

Well I love the original Horned Owl for that Zaku styling and pulse boat action.

There are a whole bunch more that I enjoy for various different reasons but the
Horned Owl is probably my favorite. Considering I have gone out of my way to
acquire three of the original model, more than any other metal clan mech in my
collection, i'd say yeah...Horned Owl.

Noob here.
What mech?

The entire mess with the missiles being stored in some Missile Dimension could have been avoided if they had done some sketching.

Or have the launchers resemble something like an aircraft rocking pod. The Matra 155 pod for eighteen 68mm SNEB rockets is a bit over 2 metres in length, less than half a metre in diameter and weighs 185kg loaded. The rockets are 68mm in diameter, a bit over a metre in length and weigh around 7kg each.

Shove one of these bastards in each of the six-hatch shoulder launchers of a Wolverine, Warhammer or Battlemaster, for example, and you'll have 108 missiles at a little over 1t weight, have a single "shot" be a six shot salvo from one pod, and disregard the mystery missile loading mechanisms and bins altogether.

I am partial to the hellbringer [loki] But there are several other clan mechs that I do enjoy.

Favorite Clan 'Mech? Say whatever you want about the actual giant robot, I've always liked the way the Hellbringer looks. It has the Warhammer look and I can't not like that.

It is in a lot of ways a clan whammy. Great mech, if paper thin armor.

What did they mean by this?

It makes sense to me that Area effect weapons might do x2 damage, but why not write it as x2, or 0.5?
.5 makes it look like someone made a typo, is there any clarification on this? should it be x2 or /5?

> The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky

From the BT forums

it's in the OP man, but here, I'll give you my Pasta

Quickstart rules
d15yciz5bluc83.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/BattleTechQuick-Start-Rules.pdf (The basics of the game, simplifies a few things like shooting and physical phase are tied together)

: mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech#ywu2oukhl8gww

Look for >Battletech>Rulebooks and Sourcebooks
(Tabletop Wargame)
CAT 35001 Total Warfare (The Main Rules)
CAT 35003 Tactical Operations (Expanded Tabletop Rules)
CAT 35004 Strategic Operations (Expanded Campaign rules)
CAT 3500A Boxed Set Tables (Quick reference tables)
FPR 35103 TechManual (Expanded Info on Equipment, Vehicle Construction Rules)
FPR 10977 Field Manual Mercenaries Revised (Useful document for Running Merc Campaigns, *Note: Maintenance Rules P148)

(The RPGs (to add confusion)(Not really necesssary if we're just playing the wargame))
FPR 35030 Classic Battletech RPG
>>Lifepaths Master Document
CAT 35005 A Time of War

Also also
megamek.org/downloads (MegaMek, a fan-made Battletech Simulator, also see MekHQ, a fan-made battletech Campaign simulator)
solarisskunkwerks.com/ (Solaris Skunkwerks and Solaris Armor Werks, A fan made program to make battlemech and combat vehicle construction way easier)
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page (The Battletech Wikia, has general info about most mechs, but doesn't have their record sheets because copyright, has full information about most weapons and equipment though)

Mein crackah, love.the mad dog in all its forms. Something about that srm vatiant and tandem charge srms that screams warcrimes in the morning..also napalm..because sometimes you gotta kill it with fire.
I find it pairs up nicely with karhus. Its definitely a mech that easy to learn a lifetime to master. Plop it on a covered hill and let it live up to its spheroid name. Im also a huge fan of the mad dog III with jump jets, fucken surprises the shit out of ppl who aren't used to seeing a mad dog do a catapault impression.

Agree completely. This is how it should be.

I mean what mech is in the OP's image; I like it's style.

That is a good question. I have no fucking idea. The torso looks like a Nova, the weapons on the arms look like a Dragonfly, but it lacks the shoulderlegs of both.

Or it could just be someone taking artistic liberties.

>Paper thin armor
...So essentially a Clan Warhammer then as 6R does not have all that much armor either. Atleast not the levels you would expect from a 70 ton mech.

vladimir3d.deviantart.com/art/Crimson-Hell-Kite-46925587

That's all there is, Artist didn't provide any further info

Who else would be hyped for Jihad 2? I kind of like the idea that the WoB flees to were they know clan wolverine has set up, joining forces together and preparing to conquer the inner sphere.

Eh I'm not a big fan of the wolverine-boogeyman thing. I'd like to see whispers and minor actions implying the WoB is still influencing things, and propping up the RotS

My favorite theory is that they just went off and set up their own inner sphere, with black jack and hookers.

Recycling eras doesn't lead to no good. Look at Dark Age.

I like to think that there is some super secret long lived cabal that has been influencing people and countries sphere wide(clan space too)...we're talking outfoxed Comstar when Comstar was manipulating the IS during the SWars.

And each time some power is on the brink of destruction or has to flee for their lives (Amaris, Wolverines, Jags, WoB, Society, etc) this cabal kicks off missions to pull those remnants off into the outer rim somewhere to consolidate and combine them. Hell the WoB hidden worlds were probably IS bastions of this sphere spanning group. All this led by some long hidden branch line of the Camerons from back before even Amaris came to be to ensure that things would continue as planned...except they didn't and they had to adjust.

Well if the incest love child of the camerons is a true thing it could be said the line continues with the coyotes now

Here is something I never got. Why would the inner sphere have their battle armor squads number 4 suits when the clans have 5 and comstar 6. Battle armor was new enough that it did not need to follow the four pattern of the SLDF and seeing as the clan tech advantage with their battle armor, may have made more sense to have more suits in a squad, maybe even have it mimic an infantry squad of 7

Yeah I never got that either. Whenever ive gotten BA as a merc in some campaign or another i'll either use however many BA I got (if its 4 or less) or random roll to see if my unit decides to use them in 4/5/6 trooper squads. With this method i've yet to use them 6 trooper squads but thats merely due to bad rolls.

To ensure that they're less efficient than the clan counterparts, of course.

It's x2. Possibly they wanted to be consistent with the other values, using / instead of *, or possibly they were copying the equations out of a spreadsheet (where it needs to be consistent for calculations to work right).

Who fields only one lance against a Clan star?

BA question:

Armored gloves allow for a BA trooper to carry an infantry support weapon correct? As long as its a 1/1E weapon yes?

I am just talking numbers wise. A single squad of BA is 4, but a clan star is 5 Elmentals. It is just an orginization thing, you would think that the IA would have their guys work in a squad of 7 that infantry would be used to.

Especially since clan PBI squads follow the rule of 5 as well.

They probably figure each battlesuit as being organizationally equal to a squad. Infantry deploy 4 squads per maneuver unit, so battlesuits deploy 4 suits per maneuver unit.

I have pile of salvage that I want to turn into a 4th mech for my merc lance. Since the pile is mostly the mortal remains of 3 Enforcers and a Demolisher sans power train, I'm thinking babby Victor ( 4/6/4 20-cannon, SRM-2/Flammer, and a laser or two ) since in-town and in close are where we've had problems. What sort of build will have my techs still speaking to me after it's done?

Here's what you can do with what you have laying around from just that scrap alone. Techs tear out the LAA on the RA, replace the AC/10 with an AC/20. Three rounds of ammo increases endurance, and the three Small Lasers left over get strapped to it, two on the LA where the Large Laser was, and the LT one remains in the same spot as it was.

Now with image.

How does Veeky Forums view the roughneck on the tabletop? I personally really like the concept and build they went with, a good cheap heavy

I'd consider getting one when Warhansa finally gets around to it. They've been slow updating lately. It's not a tabletop-canon unit (as far as I know, maybe they canonized it?) but it's still constructed legally so you could easily spec it out and run it on the TT. I think it looks good, and it has decent stats. Looks like what more of the MODs should have looked like in MW:DA.

Fat non jumping ammo hungry shad.
Not a fan, doesn't even feel very merc like to me honestly.

I *love* the fluff!

It's nice to *FINALLY* have a story with a girl being a mechwarrior, you know?

You mean like that chick from the Gray Death Legion, or like..half of Clanners?

Or Hillary Clin..er..Nondi Steiner? Took one too many facials that one did.

Basically a thud?

Dude, he's trolling. Are you retarded or something and forget where you are for a second there?

Did you forget where you are that I can't troll back?

Not him, but... was that even trolling? Seemed pretty weak to me, though you got him to respond. And me... hm. Maybe you're not so bad at this after all, kid.

When has trolling back ever been a good idea? Argue not with retards, lest you too become retarded.