EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Kamigawa Appreciation Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What do you use out of this much-maligned block? Hardmode: No Jitte or Top. Supreme Hardmode: Nonlegendary.

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?type= [spirit]||subtype= [spirit]&color= @([G])
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kodama's Reach.
Nourishing Shoal in Modern.

Thread Question: Desperate Ritual

Kokusho, the Evening Star
Ryusei, the Falling Star
Kodama's Reach

building reki legendary tribal and trying to find a place for this thing.

Seems pretty spicy for Gonti!

i am always amazed when I see a card I have never seen before.

This thing is fucking great.

Floodbringer has been useful to me in the past and there are some neat build-around cards.

It has a functional reprint. I run it in Gonti, actually. Alongside Spine of Ish Sah.

Are there enough good Green spirits to make a Kodama deck?

>Thread Question: What do you use out of this much-maligned block? Hardmode: No Jitte or Top. Supreme Hardmode: Nonlegendary.
Kokusho
Kodama's Reach
Jitte

>Blazing Shoal pitching Angry Akroma
Easiest Kalemne kill of my life

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?type= [spirit]||subtype= [spirit]&color= @([G])

user, i did that right after I asked.

I was just hoping someone could say, nah its not good, or its worth trying.

>What do you use out of this much-maligned block?
Easy mode: Fucking Top in every deck I'll ever make again except Gaddock Teeg.
Hard mode: Hokori and Kokusho, the latter as a commander.
user Must Die mode: Kodama's Reach, Footsteps of the Goryo, Ghostly Prison :^)
Hell, maybe more, but those are off the top of my head. I kinda dig Kamigawa.

>much-maligned block
Kalitas

Oh wait not that block
Ghostly prison and hall of the bandit lord

>ayo gurl
>want sum fuk

>Ghostly Prison :^)
whats wrong with prison?

Holy shit I want that spicy latino dancing pirate

My Reki deck has a solid spirit subtheme. It isn't as bad as you'd think.

Hana Onna does work. I'd give it a shot.

>repeateble Act of Treason
I like this card

Wow. That is the most straight forward and cheapest repeatable act of treason I've ever seen. I could easily see this being good in EDH.

Not a damn thing, I was just seeing if anyone forgot it was originally a Kamigawa card. Kamigawa Prison is best art to boot.

You're a madman but I like it

The sorcery thing is a big drawback but this would become a total staple otherwise.

Best commander for storm?

>What do you use out of this much-maligned block? Hardmode: No Jitte or Top. Supreme Hardmode: Nonlegendary.
thanks to some user from like 50 threads ago
this card does so much work in group hug

>Best commander for storm?
kess
jeleva
zur

ive seen jund and bug storm work well too

Does this work the way I think it does?

Should I build

Beckett Brass thieving agro pirates

Or

Akiri clue/treasure/gold spam with tons of mana rocks and MLD

its not in the yard as its being discarded
you would need two salvages

Dralnu is OG style
Kess is easy mode
Mairsil is maximum fun

youdontgetthedivintitycounter/10
otherwise id build the blue one

What? Where is it then? Still in your hand? There is no zone inbetween.

Jund lands.dec general when

i'll practice a bit with Kess and then build Dralnu and Mairsil when i get the hang of the mechanic, thanks buds

building isamaru because fuck your shit

Very few kamigawa cards, kodama's reach and glimpse of nature in karametra. Graceful adept and azami in azami.

And then I have 2 decks with no kamigawa cards at all. I own a sensei's top but I don't like playing with the card, it's tedious. Don't own a jitte but I probably wouldn't play it cuz I don't attack much with creatures

I wasn't talking about the myojin

>Still in your hand
either that or in limbo as the ability is being resolved
you cant target sharuum with herself aterall

There is no fucking limbo. Sharuum can't target herself because she's on the battlefield when her ETB ability triggers and you have to declare targets as the ability goes on the stack.

Yasova already wants him in her harem.

What are commanders that need to exist but don't already?

Stuff like
>Jund Lands
>Jund -1/-1
>Mardu knights/warriors/samurai
>Izzet artifacts
>Sultai Oozes/Snakeish things
>Selesnya/Bant Enchantress
>Gruul Werewolves

Sharuum can target herself if she dies to state based effects you fucking goon. Also dakmor salvage is in the graveyard and triggers the frogs draw before any damage is dealt

Read a book nigger.

derp

>Read a book nigger.
you cant make me

BUG Elves. I kinda wanted to do it with Leovold but he got banned before I could really figure the list out. I also want a not-Blackbeard pirate commander. Admiral Granny just doesn't do it for me.

kodama's reach is in all my decks with green
Reki and Honor-Worn Shaku are in my Atraxa
with oath of nissa + shaku my planeswalkers are 5c mana rocks
also jitte and top
I used to really like the other art but looking at this more you're right

Step it up, nigga

Wrong.

>What do you use out of this much-maligned block?

Supreme Hardmode: Sakura-tribe Elder. I have a misprinted one with red/pink splotch on it that looks like falling cherry blossoms. It's just so perfect, and one of my favorite cards I own, something I would never trade.

Hardmode: Prerelease Ryusei the Falling Star. Makes a pretty good boardwipe in my Intet Dragon Tribal deck.

Easymode: No-Dachi makes an appearance in any deck that uses equipment, because I am a shameless Japanophile.

Quick question, anyone have that Kami of the Crescent Moon pic from a while back? Something like ARCANE LAB STASIS ARCANE LAB STASIS PLEASE MAKE IT STOP or something similar. I need it for a friend.

When in mean mode, Yosei + Gift of Immortality + Sac outlet. Target the next opponent in line on each player's turn.

8.5 tails in a swords paint everything white deck.

Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang is a borderline Equipment tutor target for decks with Godo/SFM that can cheat it onto the battlefield.

SDT is personally limited to decks like Azusa+Oracle of Mul Daya decks that can use it for obviously beneficial plays.

Not in EDH, but Eiganjo Freeriders in a white ETB deck. Recasting SFM/Lone Missionary/Wall of Omens/Kor Cartographer/etc. Similarly, Sosuke's Summons/Sakura-Tribe dorks/Seshiro in a Snake deck with Beastmaster's Ascension. Loam Dweller/Elder Pine of Jukai/Kodama of the South Tree/Traproot Kami in a Mono Green spirits deck with Nissa, Vital Force and Primal Bellow. I also want to make a Jeskai Arcane Heroic deck using multitarget Arcane cards like Unearthly Blizzard and cheap targeting Splice cards with Battlefield Thaumaturge/other heroic creatures, but I haven't put a list together yet.

>an interesting Boros commander that isn't Brion

Basandra is interesting, just not good.

>Jund land guy
>Whenever a forest ETBs, get 1 mana
>Whenever a mountain ETBs, deal 2 damage
>Whenever a swamp ETBs, everyone loses 1 life

My dream

2 damage to any target is pure BS unless it is uncastably bad.

Found it myself, I almost forgot about the archive. Arcane Lab + Forbid makes much more sense.

Make the mountain landfall hit only creatures and we're good.

One pirate wench, is that too much to ask? It wasn't that long ago we had Crossway Vampire.

That said this is a pretty great card. True, have to have all the mana to make it an insurrection but... heck with it, that's good enough.

Also, Flavor text must always be read in a Jamaican accent.

>People remember me singing the praises of Moonring Mirror

I am so glad to see that. As fragile CA engines go, it really has its place.

That is incorrect, sharuum can target herself because abilities are put onto the stack after state based actions are checked

>draw 3 cards per turn
>exile cards
>get all my wincons every game
needs to stick around at least a few turns though
people have gotten wise to it and destroy it on sight now :(

it's been six years since crosswsy vampire tho, I'm certain if they had printed her in one of the recent sets she would have been "yelling vampire".

1BGR
extra land per turn
once per turn you can play a land from your yard
you can sacrifice a land to destroy target nonbasic land
3/3

what are some cards that let me sac creatures for value

I am really fucking glad you morons don't have a say in card design.

That busted my bootyhole something fierce. They made him too abusable which is sad. He had some cool decklist that weren't just raping hands.

But what would it be? Red and white have such little overlap beyond weenies aggro and equipment? I know a lot of people say spellslinger but I don't see it. Best I can think of is some sort of HateBears/punisher effect or stax.

That seems really rough to actually make work. You'd want him out early to get the most out of him but those seem super strong. So I guess RBG1 for those abilities stapled to a 0/1.

Or maybe instead of ETB you could make it a sac trigger and have can play extra land on turn?

Do you really need us for this? Just go on EDHrec for Brion or Yasova. I'm gonna just suggest jank.

Depending on what else you need...

Ashnod's Altar
Phyrexian Altar
Goblin Bombardment
Attrition
Malevolent Awakening
Viscera Seer

ashnods altar, phyrexian altar, vampiric rites, burnt offering, birthing pod.

Really, it does it's job? Seems like it would be too fragile, something to autotarget. I was considering using, but passed it off as an auto target, but maybe I'll reconsider it.

1BGR

Legendary Creature - Elemental Shaman

Haste

>Tap, sacrifice a land: add two mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool.

>BGR, tap: return target land card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

2/3

hi

Reminder that magic christmasland of him + inalla + panharmonicon + flameshadow will kill everyone who has under 46 life.

If Ramos is out with a Corpsejack Menace and a Winding Constrictor while I cast Jund Charm, the max Ramos could get from it is 14 +1/+1s, right?

Jund charm is 3 colors, 3 + 1 is 4, double that is 8, where are you getting 14?

Kodama's Reach
Crack the Earth
Akki Blizzard-Herder
Ashes of the Fallen
Blood Clock
Budoka Gardener
Commune with Nature
Death of a Thousand Stings
Final Judgment
Freed from the Real
Ghost-Lit Redeemer
Ghost-Lit Stalker
Ghost-Lit Warder
Ghostly Prison
Hair-Strung Koto
Hinder
Honor-Worn Shaku
Imi Statue
Mark of Sakiko
Mirror Gallery
Mistblade Shinobi
Nature's Will
Neko-Te
Night Dealings
Ninja of the Deep Hours
Orb of Dreams
Ornate Kanzashi
Otherworldly Journey
Reduce to Dreams
Reverence
Ronin Warclub
Sosuke's Summons
Soulblast
Splinter
Squelch
Swirl the Mists
Thoughts of Ruin
Time Stop
Twincast
Uba Mask
Shoals
Epic spells
Arcane splice engine in copy-heavy decks

Reading Jund Charm?

>throwing this guy through a sac outlet with Mike and Cauldron of Souls
My group's fucking face when

Just gotta make sure you don't kill yourself first

Ghost-lit redeemer? Seriously? That card is not edh playable

Jund Charm itself adds 2. Charm +1, then doubled, is Six. Ramos ability +1, then doubled, is Eight. Six and Eight is fourteen, seems correct.

If I have a Vedalken Orrery can I activate sorcery speed abilities at any time, or is "your turn, you have priority, stack is empty," rather than "You theoretically have a sorcery in your hand and could theoretically play it."

Oh lol, I forgot about that mode, only ever used the gy exile and pyroclasm

Yeah so 14

>Not wanting to become known internationally as the "Invincible Loser"
Why play at all?

>cauldron dance
>dirtcowl wurm
Somebody stop me

Vedalken orrery and leyline of anticipation do not affect abilities

Stop.

>Cue complaining about how expensive it is to build his manabase because you're ODing on duals.

Don't need that many tokens of him being produced, and after the 3rd trigger the amount of life he removes on ETB will be miniscule.

I use it in decks with lifegain triggers as an extra way to trigger them.

What, you don't like the most busted jund legendary in forever?

forbidden orchard
sakura tribe elder
kokusho
kodama's reach

46 life
-16=30
-10=21
-7=14
-5=9
-3=6
-2=4
-2=2
-1=1
-1=0

So from 46 life you need 9 triggers to kill somebody

From 40 life
-14=26
-9=17
-6=11
-4=7
-3=4
-2=2
-1=1
-1=0

From 40 life you need 8 triggers

Whoops my math is bad on the first one

46-16=30
-10=20
-7=13
-5=8
-3=5
-2=3
-1=2
-1=1
-1=0

Still 9 triggers

You mean storm cauldron? I'm not seeing a synergy with cauldron dance

Coming back with a zombie tribal question from yesterday. Anyone playing it? How's it going? Any tips? Considering the Wondertwins as commander

Can any combo fags fill me in on if there's an infinite combo that makes infinite artifact tokens? Infinite myr, infinite servo, infinite clues, infinite thopters, etc anything like that.

Only color I don't have access to is green.