Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Week of the admech edition

>Graia is put into the spotlight, but Mars is a hard act to follow.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/forge-world-focus-graia-sep-12gw-homepage-post-4/

>After weeks of a rigged campaign, Imperials win it.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

3plusplus.net/2017/08/stormhawk-interceptor-vs-stormtalon-gunship/
youtube.com/watch?v=xuC5U7JU3qw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

huh the graia focus seems pretty good, i guess gw isnt just jerking off mars as much as i thought

I guess Veeky Forums is going through a slow period.

Bump

FUCK the imperium

how does the stormhawk perform in a ground attack role? Does the extra dakka make up for the 4+ shooting?

Daemon codex when?

Or all the factionwank is the threads complaining about Konor, where I hope it stays.

Also, how the fuck do you transport a horde army like, say, nids? My nearest place with game tables is located in a mall, and my bugs are in a bunch of plastic boxes from Walmart. Hell, I don't even have a box for my flyrant yet.

On the contrary, I think they made Mars one of the weaker traits because they have access to cawl.

Wait a sec, will Admech Knights get traits too?

The extra survivability and more firepower ar equal or lower cost is worth it. This is a good comparison: 3plusplus.net/2017/08/stormhawk-interceptor-vs-stormtalon-gunship/

Of the two newest full armies in 40k, Adeptus Mechanicus and Genestealer Cults, which do you prefer? Who do you think has the better model range? Who has the better rules?

I'm curious how the newest armies are faring amongst the fandom.

Better than Talons honestly. It's close to it in most targets and has the added bonus of fucking the shit out of things with fly.

Graia seems kinda shit, whilst Mars seems specifically catered to buffing Cawl but not great if you don't take him.

Reminder that Slaanesh is now incarnated inside a mortal psyker and enjoying the vices of the flesh!

>After a long and bitter struggle, a squad of Grey Knights managed to reach the Damnation Cache and close the Warp portal. Starved of their daemonic allies, the Traitor Legions were forced onto the defensive and finally into retreat. Abaddon's forces left Pythos, escaping the vengeance of the Imperium, but the world had been irrevocably tainted by the touch of the Warp, its once proud cities and vast wilds twisted into a nightmarish landscape. Before the portal was closed, however, Abaddon took with him a psyker, rumoured to be of prodigious strength and the bearer of a unique gift that would aid the Warmaster in his forthcoming Black Crusade.

>From Fulgrim, Primarch of the Emperor's Children, the Despoiler was gifted with the favour of Slaanesh in exchange for the Pythosian psyker, offered as an unblemished vessel to contain the avatar of Fulgrim's god. Ancient hatreds were set aside as the Emperor's Children aligned themselves with the Black Legion.

Avatar of Slaanesh vs Yncarne when?

Depends on exactly which tags they give the AdMech Knights.

Xth for Harkon

>Graia seems kinda shit,

How? How in any way is it shit?

Mars is fine with or without Cawl. It's great with him, but fine without.

cults are a couple of unique models with just guard entires, and they're a smorgasbord of design since they're mutating. The trucks are good.
The admech are just boring though so I don't care about either of them

user, an Avatar of Slaanesh, is not Slaanesh, but an .....guess what....Avatar.

Rank and discuss the Legions

Iron Warriors seem decent and i might be biased. The Stratagem is garbage tier as a 6+ fnp isn't worth shit, but the relic on a DP is insanely strong, as is the warlord trait when surrounded by cultists and marines. Ignoring cover is a nice little thing to have, better than some passive rules.

World eaters get a lot of mileage out of their relics and things like possessed or spawn become much stronger on the charge, and the snowball warlord trait is potentially very strong.

Admech is the best by far, not only in models but lore hands down. Aside from cawl, and even then they still got it, Admech is the one and only faction that sticks with the funny dark over-the-topmess of 40k.

Daemons are like a parody of themselves, marines are too noblebright (generally), guard is muh humanity. Only Admech does the right thing and forgers humanity and rights in an archaic pursuit of false hopes. Fuck yeah 40k

Cults. Hands down. They got me back into 40k after eight or so years away from it. To me, they fit the setting better than any other alien faction bar none.

Next year

Let's discuss rumors.
Fucking Confirmed Tier:
Fulgrim, Lion El'Jonson, Plastic SoB
Could be, pilgrim Tier:
Chaos Primaris, Fabius Bile, Noise Marines, Lucius the Eternal
Heresy Tier:
New boxed game with SoBs and AdMech
Marneus Calgar / Tigurius double-kit
Huron Blackheart / Valthex double-kit
Dumb Shit Tier:
Doomrider

holy shit, it's the first faction ability with a downside. So they ARE using that design space. Noice.

I can imagine it being situationally amazing against some folks. Like, Eldar running lots of warlocks, maybe IG with lots of support folks that are easy to blast. It's getting there that's an issue.

o-okay

So uh... new plastic IG regiments when?

>£85

Plastic SoB are a thing they want to do, but not on the horizon.

Iron hands if iron hands did very little for Dreadnoughts.

Their stratagem is the generic far too expensive to actually use attack twice one too.

Warlord trait seems sort of handy but does require T3 infantry to last long enough in combat to make the most of it.

I don't play either but if I were to choose I'd absolutely say AdMech. They got me into 40k all those years ago when I was a kid. Those disturbing cyborgs with engines strapped to their backs, the trails of tubing, circuitry and cog-axes, the giant fucking mechs. It's all beautiful.

Sure. Which regiment do you want them to ruin?

Don't buy it then :^)

>noone cares: the post

>Iron hands if iron hands did very little for Dreadnoughts.

Except they don't HAVE dreadnoughts. It's as good as IH for single wounds units, and those without morale rerolls. Which is precisely why the Warlord trait is good, because it gives those T3 infantry, particularly ones those invuln saves.

It gives an option, for sure.

Well if they do say steel legion like their new sculpts I'll be happy.

That's not "their stratagem". That's just a standard AdMech one.

AdMech, easy. Great aesthetic and flavor. GSC is pretty one note.

You summoned the Ddddoomrider?

I do Cocain

AdMech is beautiful and is the reason I'm playing 40k.

yeah, no. if they really wanted to do plastic SoB they'd do it. look at all the random releases we got for the factions that weren't part of their codex or campaign update

Is this seriously another "NYAAHHAHAHA, you may have beaten me THIS TIME mortals, but I was only here to retrieve this incredibly powerful [Insert thing] that will aid the great crusade"

Abaddon has literally one plot line that just gets repeated time and time again.

Funny you should mention that. I was so happy to see both of those new factions that I bought the collector's edition codexes out of love even though I don't collect either. So with that said, I pick Genestealer Cults. Ad Mech got a bigger release than GSC, and that's fine, I can understand why, but I think that all things considered GSC wins out because of that amazing organic/industrial aesthetic that they have, the potential that they have to ally with both nids and guard, the amazing infiltration abilities... and the miniature ranges are neck and neck for me. The Goliath is my favorite vehicle in 40k while the Tech Priest Dominus is my favorite overall miniature in 40k. So Ad Mech wins out by hair on that one.

So to summarize:

Aesthetics? Genestealer Cult

Rules? Genestealer Cult

Miniatures? Ad Mech

Genestealers win 2-1 but this wasn't easy for me.

Im having a girl over tonight

Should I take down the 7' space marine cutout above my bed?

I am playing GSC, a friend has AdMech.
Both have very nice models but I would say the AdMech range is better. More unique, interesting models. Rules wise both are pretty bad atm. There is good stuff within but playing pure Index GSC or AdMech is pretty bad.

No, test her loyalty

>the dess lord

youtube.com/watch?v=xuC5U7JU3qw

So, I know using Stormcast for terminators (assault termis, in this instance) is old hat at this point, but I wanted to vary up my Minotaur's a bit. Pic related is what I have in mind so far - I'm just trying to figure out the shoulders. They're a prominent part of the model, so they need to be easily recognizable as a space marine, but I am unsure if standard terminator pauldrons would fit properly.

Shapeways has a slew of different types available, but I'm hesitant to pay their prices if the damn things dont fit. Any suggestions? I've got other bits and such I plan to glue/sculpt on to give the impression of powered armor, but those fucking shoulders are throwing me off.

So another thing for Guillman/Draigo/Calgar to slap like a bitch.

Yes. Make sure to replace it with a 'nid cutout though. Bitches love 'nids.

It seems this Ork is a part of the stick figure chapter, what's the deal with this pad?

Put a picture of her face over it's helmet

It'll make you charming

>Slaanesh's symbol is a stick figure

No, I mean they literally said in a Q and A that they wanted to do it but it wasn't on the horizon.

>pretty bad
GSC seem like they're in an okay position. They are a pseudo horde army, and the Genestealer is the best assault unit in the game.

That's the Mark of Slaanesh.

Do these blood effects look alright? I think I went overboard on it and I don't think I'll use blood paint again to be honest.

well, crazier shit has happened (my city keeps breaking heat and flood records) but i'll believe it when it happens.

I like this art a lot.

The Wrack is doing some retarded stance while the aberrant is just 'I'm gonna smack you with this hammer'

>Genestealer is the best assault unit in the game.

They're good, but no, Khorne Berzerkers take that title.

Even after GSC get the inevitable fight twice strategem, KB will be able to do it three times.

Oh cool, then they might still have a good unique stratagem and relics.

>They don't have Dreadnoughts

Punchcard beep-boops.

Thoughts?

Bear in mind that Enginseers can only repair vehicles, have no buff aura or utility options and aren't great combatants.

You really painted it on, it works better in streaks and droplets.

Alpha Legion Obliterators drop seems too good. Send down 9 of them with a lord or fly a dp over to them, one group gets prescience and uses cacophony, that's about 42 turn one hits. Then you use Demonforge on a shooty defiler and pop fire frenzy on a butcher cannon Deredeo. You can still make the warlord DP with s8 and 9 attacks too.

A WE khorne berzerker champion with lightning claws alone has 10 attacks when charging for 98 points. The same as an entire unit of warp talons which is pretty funny.

when

GW Officially Stated SoB relaunch is on their maybe-wishlist just like introducing a new Faction. That means there isnt even anything planned for them in the feature yet

I always heard that Genestealers vs. Khorne Berzerkers came down entirely to who charged whom, and Genestealers are considered slightly better due to being cheaper so you can have more of them.

Yeah, but it's not for the big guys, it's for the little guys. It works on bigger guys but is better on the little ones.

They're hard to see. You have blood on red paint. Does it show up better in real life?

In the Index.

We don't know if they got changed in this.

Ironically, this helps out Armored IG too though, for filling up spearheads or the like.

That looks more like they've painted their weapons a gloss red than random splatters of blood thrown around by chainsaw and circle saw.

For Blood just do it on wher it would hit someone. So just the edge of the blade and toward the bottom

Not Playing Mars is already shit-tier because Cawl is pretty much required

Doesn't really work for all the little guys either: Sicarians have two wounds and could really use a buff to get back to where they were.

>Bear in mind that Enginseers can only repair vehicles, have no buff aura or utility options and aren't great combatants.

They could've changed that in the codex for AdMech and that is just for you to have more than one HQ choice to spam so you can use other detachments, its basically your Magos and his 3 apprentices in the form of Engineseers. Its not bad, perhaps underwhelming but not bad.

January at the earliest, December at the latest.

Nice point discount on the HQ for Skitarii armoured detachment: 1 enginseer, 6 Dunecrawlers, maybe stick one or two Dragoons in if you have spare points.

my guess is that admech knights will be able to take forgeworld keywords so they can benefit from buffs like rerolls and be able to be repaired. hopefully they also get a few new weapons or something.

regular imperial knights will likely have warlord traits, relics and the ability to have characters.

They would be in an okay position if the cult ambush would be a more viable option. The way it is now your units will most likely be wiped out before they do significant damage.
They lack the layered buffs of a horde army and don't have any elite units to soak up damage or deal enough to be worth it.
They are glass cannons without the mobility. Like playing harlequins without transporters.

They where ok when everybody had just Index rules and people still didn't figured out how good screening is.

>Avatar of Slaanesh vs Yncarne

An avatar can't fight itself, man

How does this look for a TAC list?
++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [107 PL, 1993pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaplain in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 117pts]: Storm bolter

Chaplain in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 117pts]: Storm bolter

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 105pts]: 1) Veil of Time, 6) Null Zone, Force sword, Mantle of the Stormseer

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 211pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, 9x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 211pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, 9x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Scout Squad [6 PL, 90pts]:5x Camo cloak
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Sniper rifle
. 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Sniper rifle

+ Elites +

Terminator Assault Squad [12 PL, 224pts]
. Terminator Sergeant
. . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. 4x Terminator w/x2LC: 4x Lightning Claw (Pair)

Terminator Assault Squad [12 PL, 224pts]
. Terminator Sergeant
. . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. 4x Terminator w/x2LC: 4x Lightning Claw (Pair)

+ Heavy Support +

Land Raider Redeemer [18 PL, 347pts]:2x Flamestorm cannon, Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

Land Raider Redeemer [18 PL, 347pts]] 2x Flamestorm cannon, Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

++ Total: [107 PL, 1993pts] ++

Slaanesh is a big girl, I'm sure she can project more than one avatar.

I'd still prefer a proper Skitarii Primus, but they'll do just fine as repair boys, and with 9" Cawl bubble and double Canticles that was all I was really getting out of Dominus #2 anyway. Hey, I want to eventually take a Marauder, he can toss spanners at that as it flies past. Saves 100 or 200 points in large games, which is very handy.

If I can find a good way to get a lot of Enginseers I was going to make an entourage of Lesser Magi and Alphas/Princeps Primus. In rules terms one or two Enginseers and one of each Imperial Assassin. They're quite expensive, though, so probably won't happen.

Everyone is going to have a unique stratagem and relic, GW just didn't preview Graia's for some reason. They didn't even show Mar's relic even though they confirmed in an earlier post each forge world is getting one.

but at that point its not really a fight, it's just violent masturbation.

The costs aren't as different as you'd think. Genestealers are 300 pts for GSC, 240 for Nids, 320 with Toxin Sacs vs 349 for 20 Zerkers with chainswords and chainaxes. Adding it battlefield support, a Dark Apostle would be 76 points, an Exalted Champion would be 70 (bare bones) so 146 total, a patriarch is 150, a Broodlord is 162.

You're gonna do a lot of damage on a charge with GS but you're probably not going to wipe the whole squad, though you MAY. If you don't, those Zerkers can and will fuck your face even harder.

And if Zerkers charge you, you're fucked.

It still works on the medium guys like that.

And Xhe isn't into that?

Admech a shit. Cults is ok.

So, very Slaanesh then?

I don't really know why GW is not giving AdMech an Alpha Primus unit. They could just do like they did with GK and not even give it a model but nooo, our new unit is apparently just tweaked knights.

We don't know they're not technically.

So, what's the consensus on 8th edition? Though it borrows heavily from Age of Sigmar in terms of rules I've heard that it has fixed (or at least reined in) the game balance.

>plastic sisters
>confirmed
*inhales
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHhAHAHAHAHAHAH

Better than 7th, bit simplified in some ways that maybe didn't need to be but flows pretty well. Good middle between AoS and 40k normal, I think. Getting better as Codexes get added.

GW has apparently confirmed no new units and there are people claiming to have seen the codex and it not have anything new in it. It could all just be bullshit and we actually do get one but I'm not hopeful at this point. GW doesn't seem to care about giving new models to anyone that isn't SM or DG right now.

Sanguinus us back? WTF?!

Wait, I play IG. Do I *have* to get HQ Enginseers or can I still get the Elite ones from the index?

balance was decent at launch, though the codexes have some people worried.

casual games are far more balanced, but waacfaggotry still exists.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Enginseer has his own entry in the IG codex.

Ur fucked, tech priests no longer belong to you filthy fleshy, all are admech now, you only get if you submit to omnissiah!!