>Unearthed Arcana: Eladrin and Gith
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Eladrin-Gith.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed) (embed)

Those with Tomb of Annihilation, how far along are you? Do you plan on running it soon? What do you like and dislike?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/iglMj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guys, I'm running LMoP, and my newbie friends are having fun, but I want to present them with a real moral conundrum, or at least challenge them a bit. They just cleared the Redbrand hideout and will probably do Cragmaw Castle next. Instead of the typical go-kill-stuff, I'd love to introduce some dark ritual and go a bit more gothic. I think the group would love it, and I want to present an uncomfortable situation.

Do you guys have any ideas? Sacrificing children, no-good-outcome sort of situations so they really have to face some serious consequences. LMoP is not very morally ambiguous unfortunately (though it's a great adventure overall!).

Psionics are comming! Psionics are comming!
Also, why play spring eladrin?

(Yawn). Oh, you fags are still here? I'm surprised you keep trying to plug your shitty game.

This thread was dying out in favor of the other thread, you fucking moron.

Oh. Whoops.

Do you love us now that we're elves?

tenth for hobgoblin armies killing high level parties

I can't fucking believe how funny it is that this idiot intending to troll D&D players accidentally revived a D&D thread.

So in your personal opinions what would be flavorful for a sailor barbarian to multiclass into?

ToA ETA Bump

Does tashas hideous laughter disarm the victim?

Do you feel like there are enough or too many schools of magic? Anything blatantly missing or are there some that are overlapping and could be condensed?

Also do you think some classes are redundant and should be lumped together with others?

> Ranger / Druid
> Paladin / Cleric
> Fighter / Rogue

Swashbuckler

All right, /5eg/ I need your help with my next session.

>Party is traveling cross-country to get to an established town before winter locks them in
>After taking a shortcut through some corrupted woodland they pop out on the other side two days later
>Shave a week off their time
>Next hurdle is something called, "The Tankard".
>A massive rupture in the earth caused by the continent's former inhabitant's mad experiments
>A water volcano practically powered by an open portal to the Plane of Water that has a Mereid's coral palace blocking the exit
>Shifts infrequently causing water to surge up and out and exploding for miles in every direction
>Party has to make "The Tankard Run" quickly or be left to be eaten by the awakened plants the water has caused to grow over centuries of these eruptions

But I have no idea how to run it. I'm thinking of having it be a real slog with them being harried by these awakened things along the way. Resting increasing the likelihood of them being attacked the longer they do so. It just sort of looks like it would be the cart driver's session on no one else outside of combat. I know this is a lot to ask but is there anything you think I could do to make this better?

I'm also running LMoP with a newbie group

Honestly it's futile imo, they're going to stomp all over whatever you have planned and there's just no place for subtlety in a beginner generic forgotten realms intro campaign

Been reading it here and there the last few days. Overall I'm really impressed. There's enough material here for several campaigns, and yet the open structure allows for a lot of DM freedom.

My friend and I were talking about co-DMing: the players make two parties, one evil, one good, and we DM one group or the other, taking turns each week. The other DM helps manage notes and plays the party guide. At the end of the campaign the parties will merge and take on the final dungeon together. Has anybody tried something like this? Could it work?

when you say water volcano, do you mean a geyser?

How do I make the character that can control the most creatures? Necromancer right? What about animals?

How can my character start a cult in 2 months? My Bard/Warlock needs followers to gain more power.

Ask your DM

Technically you can buy and own as many mastiffs as you want...

>Fire genasi stone sorcerer with a pike
>relaxed surfer dude from a volcanic island
>scoop searing smite and various elemental spells
>my pike's a fucking red-hot igneous spear and i'm digdugging to slap shit with stone aegis while my body broils like lava and i'm flingin all these fire bolts and i'm molding all this earth into giant hands and spikes and whatnot

his name is Bob Magmarley and despite being essentially literally on fire all the time he's super chill

Any tips for persuading your 3.5e power-gaming/war-tactician friends to play 5e?
What should I highlight as the pros that will appeal to these people?

I'm sick of sitting down to play and spending hours of the session on chain skill checks (muh 100 skills)
and listening to the "what i'm going to do the next 5 levels it's gonna be so good" talks

added to ToA leaks album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

Dragonbait's in this module?
Holy shit.

Ranger isn't redundant with druid but it could be a fighter archetype and would be better desu.

Paladin/cleric, nah fuck you. Wrong again.

Fighter/rogue. Do you even think before posting?

>first question
I nearly forgot. Why does it matter how many schools there are? They literally exist namely for categorization. There are some grievances I have thinking certain spells could perhaps fit better as labeled in other schools, but outside of two subclasses and the whole discount on copying spells for wizards, they don't really matter much more than name or for when identifying magic with detect magic. I'd say they're pretty well covered. If anything you could perhaps argue restoration/healing magic should be its own thing.

Just finished my home made DM screen. The whiteboards are magnetic and everything on them is magnetized paper. I have a rules reference on the left as well

looks good, if maybe too tall. Got stuff on the other side or just plain wood?

Front of it. First time woodburning, I think it turned out pretty good

1/8, for poisonous snake. But regardless, it is still your familiar and can't use attacks as per rules.

Hello Australia

I have no fucking idea why it does this. I uploaded the picture the exact same way as the first one but NOPE upside down. And technically I'm Canadian

>Too many schools of magic
Not really, maybe evocation+conjuration could be combined but it's fine as is.

>Classes are redundant
As others have said, Ranger might work better as a Fighter subclass. The rest are fine.

but how do you control them, mechanically?

ayy not bad.
I kinda agree it seems a little tall, but if you're tall yourself, or have a tall chair, shouldn't be a problem.
Personally I wouldn't be able to make use of the whiteboard though. I'd probably irritate myself too much because I know every time I tried to use it, pushing against it with a marker I'd probably move the damn thing.

Invocation should be a spell school. Healing should be it's own spell school. Add Psionics, and one spell school for each element as well.
Then remove martial classes.

>one spell school for each element as well.
Why bother when you have dragon sorcs? They just need to have a more even number of spells per damage type.

Don't forget my boi CHRONOMANCY

Book user, please take a picture of the other side where it's all blank, and a hexcrawl. I don't have the book myself, but I've seen it.

That was my problem. But I don't use them as an actual whiteboard, they are eaentially just magnet boards. Everything on them is magnetic paper so I can take shit off, write on it and then slap it back on. Like this, I make my players fill it out before we start so I don't have to ask them about AC or spell saves or anything

And Biomancy, Ferrokinesis, Voidmancy, Technomancy, and Meme Magic.

very nice

>mfw I figure out after 6 months of adventuring that mage armor in 5e doesn't work like mage armor in 3.5

oops

Got you senpai

Any other requests from ToA before I go to bed?

read the book black man

Stats on that doggo in the back

page 210. Why does it matter that that dwarf is albino?

Take it apart and run it through a scanner so I can make it into a readable pdf :3

I still want to know if there's any spell scrolls in the various loot tables.

Nope, fuck that. There was no reason to change it.

What change are you referring to?

A few throughout but nothing super special

added to the ToA leaks album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

If it hadn't changed it would stack with unarmored defense which would be ridiculous
A variant human monk with magic initiate could have an AC of 20 at level 1 with point buy

An invisible but tangible field of force surrounds the subject of a mage armor spell, providing a +4 armor bonus to AC.

Turns into

You touch a willing creature who isn’t wearing armor, and a protective magical force surrounds it until the spell ends. The target’s base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.

It's not that big a deal if you're not wearing armor. Basically changed from +4 to +3

Are you literally just complaining that the AC bonus is smaller by 1?

>It's not that big a deal if you're not wearing armor
See

I think it's more likely he was stacking it with something and the DM caught him, now he's upset.

I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining. I found the error and told on myself, DM didn't care much. I have to shield every time I get swung at anyway so it hasn't made a difference.

I actually like the new armor system a lot.

So in other words you didn't understand the whole AC system for the first 6 months of playing the game?
Props for finally figuring it out (and realizing it's good), but I'm feeling inclined to agree with . There might be other things you've been getting wrong.

What's the lowest level for a party of 5 with two full casters to take on a dracolich in command of devils? How would you devil-ify a dracolich?

Is it just me or is Great-Weapon fighting Eldritch Knight kinda schizo?

Give it horns and a tail

>give a dragon a tail
user, I...

>a dracolich in command of devils
How old is the dragon? What kind of devils does it command?

Oh, no. I understood the AC system, I just assumed Mage Armor was a flat +4.

Give it a second, smaller tail growing off of the first one

Tips on making my world feel more alive instead of a ton of video game npcs that need help with quests?

Even in 3.5, Mage Armor didn't stack with other forms of armor. I'm not sure why you'd make that assumption.

>dracolich and devils

How many paladins. Also, give the dragon a thin moustache, a french accent, and have them walk in on it just after it gets done raping a princess to death.

I want to remake classes for my low-magic setting, well aware 5E is for high-magic heroic fantasy, but I don't want to have to teach my players a new system, 5E is complex enough. Here is a list of classes and their archetypes I want to add, note Archetypes are going to change the way class plays more than in the core game, as I will add shit to them.

Alchemist [ - Probably gonna steal Pathfinder shit - ]
Rouge [ Assasin / Bard / Swashbuckler / Thief ]
Ranger [ Beastmaster / Slayer / Hunter / Tracker ]
Fighter [ Battle Master / Champion / Knight / Magus ]
Sorcerer [ Storm / Dragonblood / Wild Magic / Favored Soul ]
Warlock [ Old One / Fey / Demon / Hexblade ]

Edgy.

>Even in 3.5, Mage Armor didn't stack with other forms of armor.

WELP, guess I've been cheating for a very long time then. Wonder why I've never been called on it.

Does Tomb of Annihilation say how many people it's made for? I'm the forever GM, and I've got 3 frequent players and I'm wondering if that's enough of if I'd have to tone it down.

Little nothings. A woman crying outside her shop because it's not making enough money. Actual poker games in the tavern, sometimes it gets loud but it's usually just there. Different accents for different characters, that sort of thing. At least that's what I do.

In 3.PF, bonuses of the same type don't stack (except dodge bonuses). Mage Armor gave an Armor bonus, same as wearing armor. So it stacked with literally everything EXCEPT worn armor.

Do you have a question?

Zero paladins, and the wizard is a burgeoning necromancer.

Yes, asking for tips if someone tried to do it as well, cant be the only faggot.

I think it's 4-6. It's supposed to be deadly. Any time I'm prepared to kill my players I tell them to make a backup character, so they don't get stuck in the immortality thought process.

>low magic
>two full casters, one half-caster and a Pathfinder armored mage homebrew
Uh....
>Alchemist [ - Probably gonna steal Pathfinder shit - ]
Well your setting's already pretty magic-y so why not just use the 5E Unearthed Arcana Artificer Alchemist?

"Don't" and "Play a different system."

Ban all casting classes and subclasses, get rid of cantrips, and let characters with int 11-15 take up to 5 levels of wizard. The only damage spell they can take is fireball.

>two full casters, one half-caster and a Pathfinder armored mage homebrew
Don't forget a color!

Honestly, for a low magic setting, the only kind of magic that should be allowed is a warlock. Since magic's not floating around waiting for anyone to use it, the only place it should be coming from is the devil himself.

Oh, and no fucking eldritch blast, please.

Elaborate pls?

Now does this sound fun or not for Storm Kings Thunder

Jarl Storvald, with the help of the Zhentarim wizard, crafts a ritual using the blood sacrifice of Arctus Cimber's descendants, to summon and bind him to a magic circle.

Storvald takes control of the Ring of Winter, but is rendered insane by its evil power. Thus my players must battle an insane evil frost giant with ice powers

Y/N?

How is a giant going to wear a ring made for people-sized people?

Worn magic items typically adjust their size to fit the wearer

To the point of being the hula hoop of winter?

Were I to run low-magic it'd be very Conan-esque Sword & Sorcery-style, which has its light ties to Lovecraftian horror... so I'd probably allow Wild Magic Sorcerers too, just because maybe some people are born tainted by this magic, and just do not know how to controll it very well.

Oh he also creates ice beast minions and I'm thinking crazy ice explosions everywhere
Magic items resize