Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

No wroom wroom for Ad Mech edition

>Graia is put into the spotlight, but Mars is a hard act to follow.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/forge-world-focus-graia-sep-12gw-homepage-post-4/

>After weeks of a rigged campaign, Imperials win it.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Slaanesh

First for tau learning melee

Third for Lion.

Hail Sigismund, champion of champions!.

You failed.

Guesses for the other Forge World dogmas?

First for respectable imperial citizens who should not be judged for the number of arms they think they emperor should have.

Or succeeded in a very understated joke.

Initiative 10
Initiative 2

still initiative 2 tho

Your forgeworld is +1 to wound against buildings.

Have any of you ever fluffed your own location, event, or army in 40k as part of a group project with your friends?

Was planning to talk to my friends about possibly fluffing our own "Badab War" or something along those lines, in order to reinvigorate our interest in 40k.

Thoughts on Plagueburst cralwer? Not as good as initially hyped due to Bs4 but still very tough and quite cheap.

Base cost is 110, mortar cannon is 0. It has 2 'mini gun' things which are 6/12 points. And it has two sponsons, which are 34pts or 40pts. (Spitters are 34, entropy are 40). So at most its 162 pts.

Which would you take in any case? 24", Heavy 3, S6, Ap-2, D1 (For 12 pts) or 36", Heavy 4, S5, Ap-1, D1 (For 6 pts). I think the second one wins out honestly.

From GWs site. The three armies they gave they most importance in terms of drawing in new players - Primaris Marines, Chaos Marines, Tyranids.

Looks like nids are going to be the posterboys of the Xenos factions this edition.

Psyker powers

Amongst xenos their range is the most complete and plastic, right?

We've seen all these.

Plague Wind still meh.

Gift of Contagion still meh.

Rest are good in many situations/all.

I figured most of it wasn't anything new, but took a picture to share for anyone behind

Mars or Graia?

Stop putting cocks on the Daemonettes,

Either them or Tau, I think.

yes, though interesting news for the rumor mill:

called GW about when they're restocking eldar rangers, as they've been out of stock on the webstore for almost 2 months, date the guy gave me was October ~14th, which lines up exactly with when the Craftworld codex is supposed to drop. Could be nothing, could be plastic ranger kit.

Yes.
And they have very little Webstore Exclisive.

Almost wish i hadn't sold my 8k points of nids on 7E because I hated only flyrant spam being viable.

But nah, they're still a shit tier monobuild army.

Havent done the Math for the Weapons, but I'm pretty sure a Predator is just plain better and Cheaper.

its obviously tougher by having (on avg) 3 more wounds and a 5++,

so bland

Mars for Cawl, so far, but we've yet to see the Relics and Graia's strat.

Nids are so overplayed here I haven't touched mine in about 4 years because I was sick of bug vs bug games. Probably a good decision on GWs part to be honest.

I bet they'll also get a gigantic new expensive model.

They're top of mid-tier and have a Codex coming soon.

That isn't how you spell Eldar
In any case, the choose your faction page has Orks on the Xenos label.

Out of curiosity what is the monobuild this edition? Still flyrants? I haven't played mine in 8th yet

Predators are 30 points more expensive.

156~ vs 190~.

30 pts is a big deal for something that is much tougher and has a good amount of dakka on its own.

That'd be very cool. I just started painting some eldar last night. Would love a foot-warlock character or any aspect units redone.

I still think its going to be CWE with plastics, Tyranids with nothing and then IG with plastics.

I'd love for Nids to get plastic Lictors but Im not expecting them to get plastic when the other 2 factions need it more and new Lictor models could be released with the GSC codex now that GW is willing to update models without their respective codex.

>top of mid-tier
I'd say Nids are bit beyond that.

Cawl's abilities synergize so incredibly well with Mars dogma and WL trait. Also their Stratagem is siiiick.

Graia only looks decent but we didn't get their Stratagem.

Uhh no?

Any guesses?

why would daemonettes not have cocks? Given their proclivities and all

Then you should probably pay more attention to tourney results.

Why did you even notice that you faggot lol

I don't think Tau has anything finecast aside from named character models?

Looks like a feather/quill thing. Aside from that, dunno

Give Metalica a chance user.

>I still think its going to be CWE with plastics, Tyranids with nothing and then IG with plastics.
It's going to be all three of those with nothing at all.

Anyone have an idea of the shipment time from forgeworld to Texas area?

looks like something that would sprout from the loins of a Keeper of Secrets

I kinda miss chinaman

Which part of the state?

It's so sad that Slaanesh has all potential wasted by the appeal to faggots.

I like it. I'd take it just for the entropy cannons and rothail/slugger gun, if the mortar kills anything that's a bonus. I guess predators are more accurate and can pack more lascannons, but the crawler is tough as hell with an invulnerable save and disgustingly resilient.

And I'd probably go for the cheaper slugger, blight launchers and heavy blight launcher can do the rothail volley gun's job and more.

Anyone got a list that can beat imperial soup aka mortar & conscript spam yet?

Dallas

Because virgin neckbeards who arent gay get upset at their fapping material being taken by the ones who are gay.

Vespid and kroot hounds/ox, sniper drones, and commander.

So if I'm understanding the winters vidoe right, blightlords can take all flails, correct?
Because if so, then fucking christ, a 10 man unit with VotLW will be fucking ungodly good, esspecially if you stick a tallyman with them

Sadly we miss him for the same reason he left.

Are you sold on the heavy blight launcher?

It seems a bit meh to me. Its essentially 3 blight launchers with 12" more range... but at Bs4.

I think that plaguespitters are your best bet still, considering how well they synergy with Mortarion's -1 toughness aura against T4.

Dallasite here. Where do you play?

Well then around 2 week is how long it ussually takes.
what are you ordering my fellow dallasanon?

none of the factions really like feathers. possibly human (whfb empire feather hats) or high elves

Releases confirmed so far:
>Space Marines NEW STUFF
>Chaos Space Marines
>Grey Knights
>Death Guard NEW STUFF
>AdMech
------------ if the pattern continues --------
>Craftworld Eldar
>Tyranids NEW STUFF
>Imperial Guard
>???
>??? NEW STUFF

I was thinking Tzeentch (looks like a scroll or tapestry behind it) but you're probably right

but no-one's taking anything away

Tzeentch (could be a few updates to the Thousand Sons line to bring them up to par with Death Guard) and Dark Angels (Lion is rumoured to be coming soon) both use feathers.

you mixed it up mate

>SM new stuff
>GK/CSM nothing
>DG new stuff
>CM nothing
>CWE new stuff??
> TYR nothing
> AM new stuff??
>???
>??? new stuff??

dual release weekends make things seem odd.

I'll be honest, I am a bit biased because tri-barrelled guns are my wargaming fetish. But it seems pretty good, not Heavy so no movement penalty, and effective against a range of targets. Was also thinking the drone's high speed (for death guard) would allow it to get at stuff hiding out of LOS in the backline, which DG may otherwise struggle to get to short of teleporting.

Also one of those ??? books will 100% be Thousand Sons.

Probably AoS, but I could see it on some kind of Inquisitorial or Ministorum functionary. Something like this.

Putting a penis on a purple skinned boob demon makes it too outlandish for the straight virgins to fap to.

Oh right, I keep forgetting the auxiliaries even exist

CSM and GKs were the buffers. AM and Eldar probably will be too. The former is pretty new plus got Cawl and the latter got that whole new faction so they probably won't get anything this year. I think it has been a while since nid/IG had anything so they'll probably get something. Especially IG, what with nothing new coming with fall of cadia

how did i forget about the dark angels? hell i'm even turning 2 dark vengeance terms into a chaos lord and libby

Any chaos with brimstones and -1hit aura.

SM Rowboat blob with twin linked assault cannons, devastators and/or Leviathan Dreadnought

Anything ""Eldar"" that plays with the Ynnari rules.

Necron snipers

Ork boys

Sister of battle Dominon double dominion+Repressor Storm Bolter spam

Not playing the vanilla eternal war "missions"

SM Half-flyer armies with a Leviathan dreadn without going full retard with only fliers.

I could go on, too easy.

Yeah it has its uses, it is not affected at all by degradation except in terms of movement, unlike the melee and flamer ones which lose strength and attacks.

Not sure, it might work.

The fleshmower one looks like a noob-trap to me. 9 attacks at WS4? Meh.

Cab covered Ork trukks. Starting an Ork army, and while Trukks aren't the best, it lets me get 3 troop choices on the board with out having to paint 90 Orks. Which I plan to do, but I want to start getting games in sooner rather than later.

Well by that logic your list doesn't work either because GW will probably do another dual-release weekend.

So we could get CWE with new stuff, and then Tyranids/IG simultaneously with nothing and then the first unknown Codex with new stuff and the last book of the year with nothing.

Or the entire pattern could be off because GW doesn't strictly adhere to any particular release schedule or pattern.

reposting because i always get to the thread when it's about to end, please rate my army before I go play first game tonight

Pedro Kantor [9 PL, 170pts]

Primaris Lieutenants [10 PL, 150pts]
. 2x Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [6 PL, 90pts]: 5x Camo cloak
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Sniper rifle
. 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Sniper rifle

Scout Squad [6 PL, 57pts]
. Scout Sergeant: Chainsword, Storm bolter
. 4x Scout w/Boltgun

Tactical Squad [9 PL, 93pts]
. 4x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Storm bolter
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

+ Elites +

Apothecary [3 PL, 55pts]

Company Veterans [8 PL, 105pts]
. 2x Space Marine Veteran: Plasma gun, Storm shield
. Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

Sternguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 144pts]
. 7x Space Marine Veteran: Special issue boltgun
. Veteran Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Special issue boltgun

+ Heavy Support +

Centurion Devastator Squad [19 PL, 465pts]
. 2x Centurion: Centurion missile launcher, Two Lascannons
. Centurion Sergeant: Centurion missile launcher, Two Lascannons

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 102pts]: Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

Just like Slaanesh I think Daemonettes are a big enough concept for both cocks and no-cocks.

I really hope GSC will get some more units

true enough, I'm just hoping for something for CWE that might help make anything other than jetbikes less of a pain in the ass.

currently eldar are hard to convert or model in interesting ways because of the amount of infantry that is still resin. even just making half of the aspects plastic would go a fucking huge way to giving us more conversion opportunities like our spiky cousins.

>Deathguard have sevral detailed longform reviews
>STILL NOT CONFIRMED IF I CAN TAKE 5 FLAILS ON THE BLIGHT LORD
AHHHHHHHHHHHH, ITS ONE SIMPLE QUESTION BAHHH!!!!

biovores, tervigon+gants genestealers

This Chad Marine shit is frustrating you know? It's really frustrating. They don't play well with a lot of models I have, like Drop pods and rhinos and other transports. The scale makes some of my other models look really bad next to them like the old style Marines or dreadnoughts. But if you take them by themselves they don't have a lot of options and you can't customize them very well. They don't seem exceptionally better at most things. But it's clear they're going to end up replacing the other guys over the years. And there's probably a slew of new models that they haven't revealed yet. Who knows how bad it's going to fuck up the other Marine chapters with codexes? If I was a Blood Angels, Dark Angels or Space Wolves player I would be concerned.

Horus Heresy will provably get messed up by all of this too. I feel bad for all the guys who have bought Space Marine infantry models from them, only to have father GW put out larger scale models and say 'this is the new standard!'

Should I just give up on Space Marines for now? Work on some daemons or xenos army? There has to be some armies they aren't going to fuck up with new releases.... right?

fair enough, personally I think daemonettes should be able to deal with the penis issue on an ad-hoc basis. That said, aren't the claws razor sharp extended clitoris anyway? I'm sure somewhere it says that wrecking shit with their claws is what gets them off

The winterseo video implied you can, since the only limit mentioned is only 1 in 5 can take heavy weapons. But flails are also looking to be the WAACfag option, so maybe keep that in mind

>chad vs marinelet baiting
Oh fuck off, I thought we were done with this shit

:(
What i REALLY wanted was 3 flails, and 2 lauchers/swords but thats dead.

How many flails can i have max before being accused of being a faggot, thats the real question

Daemonettes are canonically androgynous hermaphrodites. So not only do they have both sets of bits, but they're as masculine-looking as feminine. That's why they only have one tit.

Bs4 it's garbage

Not baiting I'm genuinely frustrated by it.

Upscaled Ork models wouldn't bother me, after all their fluff allows for size differences already.

That's why people hate 4th ed Daemons.

did the math out of boredom feel free to correct me if I did it wrong

Against T8/7 3+ save, Predators, 4x Lascannons 190pts, do 5,2 Wounds

Crawler, With Mortar and 2 Entropy 150 pts, does 3,4 wounds against T8 3+
Against T7 it does 4,2 Wounds.

So 1 or 1,8 (Mortal) Wounds per Turn on Average
or
40 Points +1T and more 3 Wounds (on Avg. Disgustingly Resilient Rolls)

Its definitively a good Unit, but once you lower its BS to a 5+ its pretty unimpressive .

Against Tougher stuff Id properly rather take the Predator, but I couldnt pick DG Units anyway

Orks can get away with it but its particularly egregious after all of the new updated Space Marine kits they turned out over the last few years.

They are. We're introducing a new rule that lets you ally GSC with any ONE of the following factions.

Tau
Eldar
A Non Space Marine Imperium.
A Non Chaos Space Marine Non Daemon chaos faction. (currently there aren't any factions in the official line that fit this criteria, but it could be useful for renegades and heretics, or some releases we're working on).

You can't mix and match, you have to pick one faction keyword, if you pick at all.

We'd like to encourage some interesting kitbashing, so we're adding a few new units that won't have models from an official GSC release. Instead we'll release some very useful bits packages to make things look like they're from a genestealer cult. Extra arms, heads with extra eyes, and such, for eldar, human, and tau figures.

That's not even close to being right. Exocrines, Swarmlord, Malanthropes, and Genestealers are the only good units in the codex. That's why we got second to last place at the NOVA open.

Was that Army list posted anywhere by chance?

Ok, then don't get primaris. And even then, they're roughly the same height as termies, and yet nobody complain that termies make other models look bad because of their scale

>Another playtester
Why do we have so many of you running around
Ork and Tau codex when?