Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

No fluff discussion allowed edition.

>Graia is put into the spotlight, but Mars is a hard act to follow.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/forge-world-focus-graia-sep-12gw-homepage-post-4/

>After weeks of a rigged campaign, Imperials win it.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Tumblr
>Bolter & Chainsword

nth for skitarii doing necron things

I just find it funny that GW and B&C power armour have many curious similarities

Fourth for the future kings of the Imperium.

Does anyone know the deal with Khorne Berserker's Blood for the Blood God! Rule?

If they charge does it go KB/Enemy/KB or KB/KB/Enemy?

And if they're charged I assume it goes Enemy/KB/KB

How are necrons competitively right now?

So very flavorless and bland

>filename

dats not roight

Is Graia the Forgeworld in the Space Marine video game? I thought the name seemed familiar.

Alpha Legion to fuck with my friend who plays Harlies (no invul save for you!) or Iron Warriors because they have way better colors and a 1000x better chance of actually getting updated?

Zerkers/Zerkers/Enemy on the charge, Enemy/Zerkers/Zerkers when charged. They basically get to double swing, the only time it gets odd is if the zerkers are in combat for more than a turn. You can then activate your zerkers to fight, then your opponent picks their unit, then you can either reactivate the same squad, or move to a different unit and circle back to the zerkers whenever. Kind of a rare thing though, because they cleave through units pretty quick.

It is. You would think it would be a hassle to get that shithole running again.

>That feeling when I'm gonna wait ages for angron
>That feeling when I get the best daemon primarch between now and then anyway

Who here hyped for fulgrim?

> SM don't have any HQ options that can take two pistols of any choice in 8th Ed
> Squad Sergeants can still take two pistols of any choice

I'm extremely salty that I can't use two of the three dual-wielding Inferno Pistol models in my BA army and I doubt the BA codex will be much more that a copy-paste of C:SM. Why the hell does GW hate HQ gunslingers this edition?

Why can no one get her hair color right?

>(no invul save for you!)
Explain yourself

Which codexes will release in October?

nice

I sure hope gw buffs snipers now that herohammer is in full swing.

look at his tiny hands

literally DRUMPF

What would be the easiest way to recreate this exact army on the tabletop?

How would you make a 500 point, Guard centric, list from these minis? Besides more guardsmen, what should I buy next?

1 Lord Commissar
1 Commissar
1 Priest
1 Master of Ordance
1 Company Commander
1 Platoon Commander with power fist
1 Sniper Guardsman
1 Plasma gun Guardsman
1 Medi-pack Guardsman
1 Leman Russ
1 Chimera
1 Sergeant with powersword, plasma pistol
2 Sergeants with chainswords, laspistols
2 Banners
2 Meltagun Guardsmen
2 Grenade Launcher Guardsmen
3 Guardsmen with Voxcaster
5 Scions, 1 flamer, sergeant with powersword, plasma pistol
15 Guardsmen
Dark Vengeance

It's ironic that Chaos players reflect how Chaos are in the fluff, they get cucked multiple times by the superior imperium but instead of reflecting on their mistakes and humbly learning to be better they endlessly whinge and moan that the game is rigged against them, even when they're gifted numerous shiny new toys, and as a result unsurprisingly lose over and over again.

I'm trying to make a SM army focused on infantry aura buffing, so far I am using:

Pedro Kantor
Rhino Primaris
Primaris Ancient
2x Primaris Lts
Apothecary

Along with 2 scout squads, a tac squad, and a devastator squad.

Are there any other good buffing things I should look for ?

poor. at sub 1000pts they dominate since it's all troop vs troops, but as soon as the point barrier breaks above, their slow speed becomes a major issue.

A Captain to reroll 1's or does Kantor do that?

So with new dg codex is it better to use lots of plague marines or blightlord termies as your standard unit?

chaos could have won 90% of games in konor and probably still lost

I like the sound of Orkamungus.

You are exaggerating but imp vs imp games and shit were absurd. Seriously poorly planned by gw if they believed it was a reasonable premise. Even imperium vs everyone else would barely be fair.

Just finished Blood Reaver.

Good book.

RIP: Maruc, Hound, Covenant of Blood andVandred.

In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, wars are won by teamkilling your own dudes to generate points.

The imperium is secretly run by khorne.

Pretty fuckin grim

One thing that bugged me was: The Night Lords were constantly shrugging. I just don't buy it with their massive power armour.

0/10

/40kg/
What is your faction and why do you like it?

Hard Mode: Don't shit-talk people for their faction/reason.

Any fellow europoors that have gotten chessex dice? Looking to get some custom dice but cant find a good manufacturer in yurop and chessex doesn't tell you how much the shipping is
I don't wanna end up paying 50 moneys for shipping 25 dice overseas

I just started collecting around 2-3 months ago. Went with Death Guard since they were in the start collecting set for 8th.

Always liked Chaos so DG were a cool choice.

Chaos. I like the variety, and being able to experiment with new paint schemes is nice.

Orks, you can do whatever you want with schemes and army builds and generally dont need to give a shit about anything other than fun

Why does the Path of The Incubus novel in the mega have lines missing/unfinished sentences? Does anyone have an alternate download?

>chaoscucks are actually this fucking deluded
kek my sides off, even with GW rigging planets for you you couldn't win
eat shit

Another new DG player here. Always liked Nurgle and was waiting for 40k to get updated, so here we are.

are ork armies really versatile? I was thinking about building one in a few months

Do we have points for the death guard codex yet?

Kantor lets you re-roll all to hit rolls for fists. He's a based man's Girlyman.

neckburgers on here will try to tell you that the only possible build is green tide, but I've seen plenty of different ork builds do just fine in 8th
I'm working on a shooty/mechanized list myself at the moment
And even if the dice dont work out and I lose, I'll have a fun looking army

I love the plot being
>Yo Abby wabby needs our help
>No
>yes
>no
>too bad
>fuck
>fuck
>Hey let's steal that
>what could go wrong?
>FUCK
>The End

I never noticed that primaris rockin that Pulse Rifle in the back before

if it makes you feel any better daemon Angron had rules in 5th apoc. he had a bodyguard of 1-12 bloodthristers

daemons and spiky marines for conversions and straight up evil. like kicking puppies, stealing choppas from orks, and taunting loyalists for fun. eldar for haughty elves with big guns also to directly contrast to my daemons

...is it bad that i wanna sell off my eldar after completing them because i've grown bored of them, almost finished them and i want to start a skaven army

Yes, kantor is bae

Why I am trying to make an army based around him

>Space Spics

'eres yer (yoo)

What are you working on lately anons?

Any underrated units that are worth checking out for eldar?

currently playing transport heavy iyanden craftworlders (fuck that ynnari bullshit) and thinking about branching out into some aspect warriors.

stuff that can run without transports would be interesting, I have an ancient metal asurmen somewhere and don't grabbing some dire avenger boxes.

I'm hopin to get this guardsman done this month.

don't mind

McDonalds Marines?

My dauntingly large, fully assembled but unpainted army.

I wanted to play, but I didn't want to wait until everything was painted. Now it's a bitch and a half to get it done right.

where is the DG codex scans/epub
I needs it

My second set of 20 poxwalkers. Taking longer than I thought it would.

Gonna work on some Plague Marines after and Mortarion soon after.

Nigel Leviathan Dreadnought

No it's not

I'm almost done with the second member of my first GK strike squad. Holy shit the shoulderpad heraldry is a bitch to paint.

Holy shit that flash is atrocious. Chinaman?

AdMech
I generally like machine worshipers in fiction and I like their dirty, industrial aesthetic as opposed to a clean, high-tech look. I also love the way Skitarii weapons look with their "high tech black powder" look.

Orks right now, with a hope to make Adeptus Custards and use Kharadron as counts as AdMech

I am going to start an ork army soon.
Help me decide what clan my orks will be, anons

I have to very carefully make sure I have more yellow than red or else it looks REAL mcdonaldsy.

The cheapest of the chinamen,

It's all a WIP, held together with bluetack and semen

>chinkcast
>double bombard cancer
please go and stay go
I like the dome helmet

Smashing.

>double bombard
>chinkcast
>cheese guard
WAACimus maximus

Badmoons are the coolest user.

SPEEEEEED

That's not a marine you double retard.

Working on a squad of Boyz, not the greatest at painting but I try and do quick and presentable. And yes I know the choppa is messy, I don't know how to fix that really.

conscriptfags on suicide watch

Agh, man, I'd clean that the fuck up before even considering fielding it. Too obvious.

Why the fuck did morty get a model before fulgrim anyways? And why the fuck did they play up Morty as Guillimans arch nemesis when they never gave a fuck about each other back in the Horus heresy? Fulgrim already showed up in the fluff multiple times and didn't get his ass kicked by a gey knight, he deserves a model asap

god damn son, if you're gonna cheap out at least have the decency to fix that ugly shit.

he has ascended to a level beyond even that, semi-decent greenstuff work on the nurgle bits but didn't even bother to fix the obvious recast....

It's gonna be a big eyeball

Also those guns are gonna be magnetised and I'll probably run it with bombard and drill. I only have one mate I'd consider running double on.

I stopped buying (real) Forgeworld when my local GW banned it on the table.

Ty men

>cheese guard
when did that happen

>implying I own conscripts
>implying I play anything imperial
>implying I don't just dislike the most boring options available

Staring at my chaos marines, trying to find the willpower to finish the last of them before moving on.
>no games

Looks presentable, Goffs right? Next time try highlighting your base color, also paint a black dot for the barrel of the shoota.

your local GW manager can get fired for doing so. report them if you find it that troubling, but be prepared to roll the dice, you might get a shitter for the new one. (not that I advocate it, but blanket banning forgeworld is a shitty practice that takes fun away because of a few edge cases that should be handled between players)

Not down under, they're allowed to do as they see fit.

Have you not seen the new DG rules? Shit is beyond OP.

fuck black dots, drill a barrel

they're not Primaris, its fanart of an alt timeline where the ultramar seceeds and develops new tech and power armour based on tau tech.

Broken as fuck.

It's powerful but pretty situational.

NO, fuck forgeworld. Me and my friends advocated for its bannings in various stores on more than one occasion.
It's literally nothing but WAAC shit that costs too much for poorer players to pick up, it's not even GW, it's an offshoot.

time to find a less shitty LGS then that prioritizes letting people have their own fun instead of labeling "badwrongfun"