Veeky Forums, I ask a noble advice here...

Veeky Forums, I ask a noble advice here, my character lost a lot of people dear to him and he is already mentally unstable for the rest of the campaign (He still works as a Paladin despite this, and still can hold his oath), the guy who killed the people he cared is a another player on the party that plays as a thief.
My character is not that kind of guy that would get over her death, and he wants revenge, what would be the most painful and humiliating death he can deal to his fellow party member?

Give the thief a hug and forgive him.

More context is required.

Ok, where do I start here...

>My paladin alongside the thief, a warrior and a cleric were in the same party.
>The thief wasn't exactly the most social guy ever but I guess that was expected from his line of work so I ignore it.
>We went on some missions for the church
>Basically we were doing the crusades, but the objective wasn't to purge the greater evil, only helping people on the way if they needed.
>Some several missions later, our party returns to the city, my character went to greet his friends and family before reporting to the church
>Warrior decides to go drinking in some pub
>Cleric decides to follow me, only to get sidetracked by some people that needed her medical attention
>So I went alone to the church, Bishop speaks greatly about our party deeds to the Pope and the same thinks about giving us some rewards.
>Bishop later warns me about a powerful necromancer going around destroying minor cities
>The thief however, decided while I gave in my report, he decided to walk around the graveyard.
>He mets the necromancer, that promises him great fortune and eternal life, if he could find a way to get him inside the city.
>He agrees to help the necromancer
>Later that night, the warrior passed out in the bar and the cleric was trying to help him get his ass out of there
>My character meanwhile was at the church, getting a new blessing for his armor and confessing his sins to the Bishop.
>Meanwhile the thief was looking for a way to enter the town with the necromancer.
>They find a way to enter through the sewers and get in the main city, before unleashing hell on earth, the necromancer asks the thief if he wants to spare someone in the city.
>He says "Quite the contrary, I have someone I want you to kill and raise"
>Necromancer laughs
>He guides the necromancer to the house that was my character family, he kills each and single one in cold blood and asks the necromancer to revive them as mindless beast.
Text limit, I'll continue on the next

>what would be the most painful and humiliating death he can deal to his fellow party member?
Hungry rat in a cold pot applied to his warm butt. It's not my morbid imagination, it was execution method in Asia.

>A carpet merchant that is my childhood friend happens to see what happens, and runs to the church to tell me
>He gets there after a hour, and warns me what was happening.
>My character at first didn't believe him, but went to check regardless, he asks the bishop to take of his friend.
>City is in a complete chaos already, undead walking everywhere and some hellish beast, but they prove no match for him.
>Gets on home, see the bloated bloody corpses of his family.
>Seeing them in that state, he tries to fight but his feeling didn't let him kill a single one of them, instead he locks them inside the house.
>He takes some minutes to compose himself after what he just saw and lies to himself "It will be fine, I'll take them to the bishop and our cleric later, they will know what to do"
>He starts searching around town for survivors, with no sucess, the only thing he can find is his former friends and allies dead
>He arrives on the bar for a comic moment where the warrior wrestled every single beast and undead that came there, thinking he was in a arena.
>Cleric has passed out because she has some undead phobia or something
>Seeing that they were okay, he leaves to the church to get the bishop and the pope to safety.
>On the way there, he finds his carpet merchant friend as a undead, he traps his friend inside the confession booth and leaves to find someone else.
>He gets to the altar, Necromancer is smiling quite satisfied with his work.
>Both bishop and pope are dead
>He starts villain speech 101.
>The paladin having none of that, decided to try to attack him.
>Plot wall cuz DM
>He keeps me away with a alarming number of undead swarming the church.
>He tells in detail how the thief killed his family and how he tracked the rest of his comrades, and how they are already dead so the only thing I could ever do for them is release their souls.
>Angry Paladin Screams
>Can't get to him
>Thief fucker shows up the smugiest smile he can muster.

>Can't get to him, neither the thief.
>Thief gives me a notthing perssonel kid
>Try to kill everything on his way to that thief
>They simple walk away while my character struggles to keep up with the hoards of undead.
>Have to run away
>Runs to the pub where the warrior and the cleric are.
>Spends the day there fending off some undead, and drinking heavily between kills.
>My character pass out in the wine cellar
>Nightmares about the events
>Wakes up, the cleric and warrior are back to their "normal" selfs
>Walk around the town seeing as it was empty, cleric says that the necromancer is right, she can't reverse this in any way possible.
>Paladin has a mental breakdown, asks for some time by himself
>Cleric wants to go with him, but the Warrior stops her
>After killing his undead family and friends, he decides to bury everyone he killed.
>Warrior n Cleric don't help him, since they are looking for clues or something that could tell them where the necromancer is going next
>Paladin spends four days to make a grave for each person he killed there.
>Get back with the party, they haven't found him yet, but they might have a clue for where he is going next, since we are next to the desert and he took the entire undead legion, the only logical place he could be is a city some miles away from here.
>So it begins a cat and mouse segment, where our party chases them but they can't get either the thief or the necromancer
>Some days later
>Last time the we meet the necromancer inside a old prison.
>Thief gets separated from him, and ends up in a arena inside the prison where prisioners can fight for their freedom.
>Paladin manages to track him down there by some miracle.
>Warrior sees the thief, and locks him inside the arena, and screams "Take care of the loose end, we'll meet up later"
>Thief with only a dinky dagger vs my full plated paladin with a greatsword.
>Paladin won the duel with some trouble due to his speed.

>Thief is on the ground, not mortally wounded.
>He is trying to crawl to any hole he can find calling me a monster
>Asks me about my oaths, if I kill him the church won't forgive me
>Reminds him that no one will know what happened there.
>There is just him and me, a thief that tried to get a hand in eternal life against a paladin that was honor bound by his duty.
>He realizes there is no way he can get away and throws a tantrum.
>DM decides to stop there.
>Friend that is playing the friend is kinda mad my character caught up with him and is going to kill his special snowflake thief.
>He says he doesn't care about where he lives or dies, but you can see clearly he cares about that a little too much.

And that's it basically, he did some things thinking he would kill the entire party and get his eternal life, but got caught in the act and now is angry about his life choices.

>most painful and humiliating death he can deal to his fellow party member
My fellow paladin, let me introduce you to the torture method known as "Human Pig".

Basically, you cut off all of his limbs. Then gouge out his eyes. Then, you cut off his nose and tongue, poison his throat (so that he can't scream).

Pour liquid copper into his ears, then pluck out every single hair from his body. Poison his skin so that those hair will never grow back.

Find a way to prevent him from ever magically growing those parts back, but otherwise heal him of those wounds.

Now that you have your human pig, you can
1) Leave him in a public toilet.
2) Leave him in a pig pen.
3) Submerge him inside a large jar of wine (take care so he doesn't drown).
4) Put on public display.

Just for kicks, find a way to grant him the eternal life he wished.

Smite. No point dragging it out.

Imprison him for life.
Or push him off from the roof of a castle.
> batman.jpg

Wound him with a dagger soaked in the undead blood and leave him locked and barricaded in a small cell. With a limited supply of water and food. And make sure no-one ever will find the cell, anyone who knows where it is is unable to open it.

Step 1: Skin him alive.
Step 2: If you have it, pour alcohol or something similar on his flayed body.
Step 3: Use healing spells/lay-on-hands.
Step 4: Repeat.

Once you've expended all your healing abilities, keep skinning and cutting bits off until he dies from it.

Talk shit, get hit.

Act a clown, get smacked around.

Be an evil blight? Get the purge and smite.

Succintly put, I don't think this ever happened, but devils advocate as a paladin you NEED to kill this man. Ideally without malice or hatred, but you're only human. But if it ends without you murdering him then your character is a complete failure and versimilitude has been destroyed. Your friend needs to stop being a cocksucking faggot and take what he gets for splitting the party and being the bad guy.

Don't drag it out or make it a spectacle. Just kill him. Let god sort the punishment. Anything else would be lowering yourself to his level and besides, it's not going to bring your family back.

This is where you become a Grey Guard and understand you don't challenge the wicked to duels, you smite evil them in their sleep.

Depending on how torn up your pally is about this whole ordeal, i'd say you have two options
>Give him a speech about how much of a dick he was, then kill him on the spot
Or
>Knock him out, tie him up, bring him to a cell of this prison, possibly in a cell that lets him see outside and suspend him by arms and legs so that he can't do more than struggle against the restraints
>Ask the fighter and cleric to give you a few days alone in there, possibly bring food and water if you need them every few days
>The next day, once you're both awake, you go in there, give him food (enough to feed a man, you need him healthy), stay silent unless you have to give orders, and if you do have them be single words
>Spend the day whipping him while telling him the story of one of the people dear to you that he killed. If you go a little overboard, heal him back to conciousness and continue narrating, but maybe go a little easier or change method of punishment
>Do this for as many days as the people he's killed. This is only partly for your revenge, this is justice for those killed for no reason other than to wound someone else
>Make sure he can perfectly see outside and that your bindings are incredibly secure, he's a thief so you never know
>On the day after you're done, you bring him outside (still tied up), let him see the sun for one last time, and ask him
Either
>Was it worth it?
Or
>Do you repent?
Depending on how you feel it should go. Option B gives your friend one last chance at redeeming himself, but i wouldn't trust his honesty. Either way, you're free to kill him or bring him with yourself in your journey against the necromancer

I'm a sucker for redemption stories, so it's kinda obvious what my choice would be, but this is just a suggestion after all

Remove his leg, bandagehim up, and lock him in a side room. Then, bring him to justice for his crimes.

There is nothing worse for a thief than to face justice, and that justice could very well be being tortured to death by Medieval standards.

Ask your god. If you are so devout, check what rules and punishments your god has set for murder. Carry out the will of your god.

You participated in this Crusade because of your devotion to your god, I assume. Stay pius.

Give a short speech detailing his crimes of killing family members, causing the deaths of hundreds in he city and for aiding in the murder of the Pope. Tell him he is sentenced to death, then behead him. Quick and just. Then burn the corpse since there is a necromancer about.

Dude.
>"What about your oaths?"
>"What about them, monster?"
>"Aren't you supposed to take me to the proper authorities?"
>"I am the proper authorities. By the powers granted to me by **Deity** I sentence you to death for ...**List of horrors commited".
>Slash

Paladin is the right authority.

Take Option B,
>Ironic Punishment? Check.
>Effective use of Prison and Confinement? Check.
>Stern, Watchful Admonishment for past transgressions? Check.
>Clincher Line? Check.
>Final Appeal to Repentance? Check.
Great Justice. Top Tier Paladining.