Have you ever got in a fight over Risk?

Have you ever got in a fight over Risk?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/VMjXQ7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, only made people rage because rng was not on their side and my 1 army murderfucked armies 15 big

Playing with siblings is a surefire way to start a fight.

Can't say I ever even finished a game with my friends and we've played it a lot.

No, because it's a pile of shit.

What kind of person even gets in a fight over a board game? Don't get me wrong, I've been salty -- to be honest, being a sore loser is one of my weakest points -- but you don't blame other people for your own losing. It's the whole point. They're meant to make you lose.

No. Everyone I know recognizes it for the pleb game it is.

No, only Scrabble.

Every game of Risk I've ever played has always ended in "Nuclear Strike from the Moon" which means the person who is losing flips the board and we do something else.

To be honest, the only fun we really had was seeing how creative the person losing would do it.

Yes.
A bit too many times.

Once it got up to the point we almost burnt the cottage we were in, in the middle of the mountain, down.

If anyone plays Risk on Veeky Forums there is a new discord ran by some of the old school Veeky Forums Risk fags. Here is the invite
discord.gg/VMjXQ7

No, just a relationship.

Are we talking Veeky Forums risk or actual risk?

Anons, what A E S T H E T I C is best in risk? My go-to is always napoleonic, like in OP's pic. Infantry, Calvary, and Cannons.

It has more or less ruined a friendship.

>Play Risk
>I am the guy that typically wins these games, so it's not uncommon for people to work together to take me down
>Two other friends basically trading territories for cards with minimal losses. Invade, then pull all troops back out for the other person to invade it back.
>One person has Australia, the other basically has Asia while I'm in Africa and South America
>The Aussie says "Okay, let me out, I want to take over Africa."
>Asia pulls all it's troops to the side
>MASSIVE army in Australia moves into Asia
>Backstabs the ever living shit out of Asia
>Pretty much takes over the entirety of Asia, leaving the other guy with three territories
>Asia is obviously pissed and bitter
>Australia shrugs and says "Well, It's literally the name of the game."
>These two friends don't hardly talk to each other the rest of the night
>And the next couple parties they hardly interact
>Party at Australia's house
>Asia, drunk as fuck, pisses on Australia's tower fan in his room
>Australia pissed, of course, and accuses Asia that he did it because of the risk game
>Asia denies it
>They never talk anymore

I really don't know if the fan pissing was because of the game or not, but that game of Risk was definitely the beginning of the end for those two. Pretty much after that game any time they got drunk together they started arguing about that Risk game and it always ended with them being more bitter at each other.

>Asia pissed on Australia's tower fan
just like real life

Not a fight but I once threatened a girl that I would erase her from history if she stepped foot into my North and South America empire and violate our non- aggression pact. The look in her eyes when I shouted I would erase her was pretty great.

Spoiler: She did and I did.

blobs

1d4chan explains it elegantly.

>A terrible, terrible board game of Napoleonic world conquest where you move around tiny plastic soldiers and cannons and pretend you're making any sort of strategic choices. Even though the pieces are different, every unit is exactly the same. All your fate depends on dice rolls and how soon you manage to hog the best territories. It is the World War I of board games, and about as much fun as actual trench warfare.

>It is the World War I of board games
How fucking dare they.

I don't think I've ever gotten into anything more than regular banter over a game. Last time I played Risk though I lost every single dice roll in the first turn which meant I was out of the game in like two or three turns. I was a little salty but it was just a game between friends so it's nothing to get mad about.

Risk? Never. Got in many arguments about who has to play Russia in Axis and Allies though.

I had a buddy storm out of a risk game. When we came put in the morning we found out he slashed my other friends tires before he left. Good times.

Actually, now that I think about it, most fights that would've potentially started in Risk have been averted by deciding to play AaA, in which the Russia argument is renewed. So, plenty.

I never play that game. It's too Risky.

Solid pun. Good work user.

I once made a player super fucking pissed because I formed an alliance with another player to take them out when there were three players left and then surrendered immediately after to end the game. The territory was like a 70%/30% split between the other player and me and while I could've won I thought a peaceful, quick resolution would be more fun than dragging it out, and the salt from that player made it indeed more fun.

Both petty faggots who don't want a solution, just their own stupidity to mix in a pool

Nope, because it's all vs all game.
But, boardgames with all vs the game itself?
Fuck yes, it happened. Like Arkham Horror or other similar games.