Ixlan/ XLN Spoilers

Rigging Runner R

Creature - Goblin Pirate (Uncommon)

First strike

Raid — ~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it if you attacked with a creature this turn.

1/1

BLACK

>1/1 for 1 with keyword
I won't lie, this makes my dick hard

post dinos

That's pretty good

was already posted, bruh

really needed an enrage ability

>For each of those cards, put that card into your hand...
>Then exile the rest.
wut

Reading the card explains the card.

Perhaps there's text between those two excerpts that explain what you're supposed to do.

help

1.) YOU draw 3 cards.
2.) Enemy can say at each of those cards: " ME NO LIKE!". (he pays 3 life and the cards gets exiled)
3.) You put the rest of those (that he didn't exile) into your hand.

Worst case. He pays 9 and you exile all 3. Best case he doesnt pay anything and your draw 3.

If an opponent pays 3 life, you get that card exiled instead. They may do this for each card.

>For each of those cards,
I don't know, we might need to find gA for this one. Or maybe go ask MaRo on his tumblr.

>For each of those cards
Good lord, for each day that passes NWO becomes more and more justified.

That's interesting. It'll be some combination of draw and damage, but your opponent can selectively deny you specific cards which may have been useful.

It's not going to be very good, just like most other cards that let your opponent choose things.
The problem is that the cards are revealed, which means your opponent gets to sculpt your draw, which is really terrible.

I'd consider this to be worse than Live Fast.

I could see it being good in a more aggressive deck maybe, as if you've got enough pressure on your opponents it's a bit more pressure on the clock/ It just depeneds on if there's enough of a an aggressive one to put this in.

I think there are probably more suitable 3 drops than this.

It's aggressively costed where it is right now.

I'm just looking at it compared to Glorybringer.

Bringer has lower stats and RR casting cost. Bringer is pretty pushed too.

That aside, I'd fucking hate to draft a set with Uncommon Glorybringers.

Makes me smile to see these big dino's

so basically black is better at being blue and red than blue and red

What? Other people losing life and card draw tied to life loss have been black things forever.

Of Course! Black is not a meme color.
Black get shit done.

>it's a 5 mana 5/5 with upsides in red
wut
power creep is real

i would love a more burn verison of ramunap red with this. Probablystill not good enough even there, but there are definitely situations where both choices are bad enough that this card works there.

That's not how best case/worst case works
Best case: Enemy loses 9 life and is lethal on board or has sub-3 life and you draw something to finish him off
Worst case: You get 1 land, 1 card that is okay and the opponent loses 3 life

It also depends on what the matchup is, it's absolutely awful if you're playing control as the enemy can probably safely lose 9 life making it a wasted card, and in something like a midrange deck you'll just get lands and a burn which you really didn't want or need for a 3 mana sorcery.

Honestly the only place I could see this is a B/R or B/R/W burn deck as it turns every card (except for lands) into a lightning bolt.

>T: Add C to your mana pool
>T, Sacrifice Field of Ruin: destroy target nonbasic land an opponent controls. Each player searches his or her library for a basic land card, puts it onto the battlefield, then shuffles his or her library.
Can someone confirm the translation?

can confirm

>reveal
Why do they do this? What's the point if you reveal them?

this card is essentially Draw Three or Deal 9 Damage To Target Opponent, or some compromise of the two

Ah, I forget the cost of 2. Seemed strange to me to have a strictly better ghost quarter (in 1vs1 game).

It's basically a card your opponent could play: pay 3 life to exile a card from opponent's hand.

Lmao why would I want to play something like that?

Standard players who bought a playset of Growing Rites of Itlimoc at $20 a piece are on suicide watch now.

>people that don't get red Gearhulk

You're still getting 2 for 1 because of the creature fetch.

You got it wrong, it's 2, T, sacrifice field of ruin: blahablah
2 in German is 2

The card is pretty efficient at all levels but the problem is its never what it needs to be. Draw 3 for 3 is probably the weakest mode ironically enough, though black usually loses some life for that so its still better than average. 3 drop can tripping 6 damage lava axe is a pretty above rate card for example but unlike a 5 drop lava axe its never going to kill an opponent. Read the bones that bolts the opponent is also a decent mode. 9 to the face for 3 mana is a pretty nice rate off one card but that probably won't happen. I dont think even control decks are willing to take 9 to the face on turn 3 before attacks but maybe im wrong.

this card is kinda weird...and for some reason I like it more than Tectonic Edge

>transform better lavaspikes into lavaspikes and draw dead cards
I luv it is best!!!!
- Veeky Forums

When a card gives your opponent the choice you have to always evaluate it based on its worst case scenario
Faster decks should have better to do with 3 mana than draw dead cards and maybe deal 3 damage
Slower decks that don't care about the damage can't afford to gamble on their card advantage with this

I wouldn't rule out this card of seeing competitive play yet, maybe it's the kind of card you can only evaluate after having played with extensively.

Protip: Punisher mechanics and cards have always been unplayable, and this card is terrible.

There. Now it's like Fungusaur. Or Snapping Sailback, if you prefer.

Does anybody have any clues as to what the last of the fifteen Mythics will be? Given the colors represented so far, I have to imagine it'll either be White, Green or Izzet.

>protip
really? pro? how many pro tours have you won buddy?

TOKENS

All of the DFCs correspond to locations on the map. What a concept!

So your opponent can decide if they find them worth exiling or not, you idiot. It's like asking why your opponent can look at the cards for Fact or Fiction.

I want to see the jace token.

All "races" get a different treasue. here is the dino one.

Cool card. 1/1 first strike isn't bad, and dropping it and something else t2 as a 2/2 is nice.

A little mad it's a pirate and not a warrior, but I'll live, and it'll work nicely with this set's pirate support.

MALE PIRATE TOKEN!

They're won't be one because Wizards doesn't do tokens for cards that are clones of something.

maybe evaluate it like this
you reveal your top three cards, you only get to keep them if they are trash. If a card is useful it instead bolts your opponent. black aggro may actually be a thing with what we have seen in Ixalan and this can be really good.
I mean, lets say all the cards are pretty trashy: you just drew 3 for 3 and you wont draw this trash the next few turns.

>token male
Fucking WoTC

Plus it gives you fodder for any Black spells that might discard your own cards as a cost or downside.

The fact that it's only 3 mana helps a lot. If you're going aggro, the extra damage or extra gas will both be helpful either way

NEW RED COMMON

The card is shit like this, that's the point. Idiot.

ANOTHER DINO SUPPORT

WHITE

Solid enough. Bear with the potential to be larger than the average bear.

T1 this T2 red version T3 Regisaurus alpha T4 win

Naya dinosaurs gonna be dropping crazy.
Why not swing on turn three? Red reducer does the haste thing

Yeah, between this, the Red one, and the Green mana dork all of those 6 cost dinos basically cost half.

T2 1 dmg
T3 8 dmg
T4 10 dmg (if you don't cast anything)

I guess you're still missing 1 dmg

White reducer looks like 0/3

ah my bad, then you're missing 3 dmg if you don't cast anything... just bolt him or something.

Who needs 1 mana manadorks when you have sluts like this

>spitfite bastion
Sounds like a fun card.

BLACKO

Ooooh, that's cool.

BLACK (FEMALE) PIRATE

LOOKS HOT

MALE BLACK PIRATES (RED)

LOOKING GOOD

It also looks like it could be an 8/3. Let's hold out hope.

MALE AND FEMALE ASIAN BLACK PIRATES

LOOKING NOT SO GOOD

Pretty sweet combat trick.

Is there any possible excuse for "you control" and "your opponent controls" on this card?

>2/2 with haste and explore
That-
>4 mana
commons will be commons I guess

Pretty much. It has to be a nonland to be even,remotely worth it as a 3/3 with haste, since you don't need the extra lands in Red while at 4 mana.

Fantasy maps make my dick rock hard

I think the way you need to think is that instead of having a dead draw (land) next turn you get to not have the dead draw instead. It's a strictly better scry because you get to keep the land.

IT WOULD CONFUSE NOOBIES
OUR CUSTOMERS ARE DUMB

MTGO feelbads for when you click wrong

I think people are seriously underestimating this card.
Put it in a Bx aggro deck where you want to be attacking with your creatures anyways. That means even if they exile your creature it already did 3 damage. And if they let you play it, it gives you valuable information that they have an answer for it or can't afford the 3 damage.

Shit, that's what it is, isn't it? Fuck the internet.

Yeah probably. Judges really want R&D to put "you may" on a bunch of stuff to make it easier to smooth over rules infractions from missed triggers because then it's "Oh, you just chose not to do it!" and MTGO hates "you may" being a bunch of places it doesn't need to be because it makes things take forever. MTGO won out for the most part.

we did it guys! men finally one!

>Lazy judges want to restrain R&D just to make their job easier
I bet those are the same judges that are suing WotC over the little Kozilek leak incident.

On what grounds exactly?

Skulduggery is almost certainly a "this makes it easier for online play" decision.

Judges' jobs being easier also makes tournaments run quicker and more smoothly, so they're not being unreasonable.

>Rigging Runner
>type is not Rigger
meh

Damn nigga I'm brewing the shit out of Naya Dinos.

Hope you gys have fun trying to collect the foil versions of these from FNM events in stores near you.

It seems strictly worse than Temur energy so far
You have to run low impact 1 and 2 drops, to then be able to cast above average 4 and 5 drops.
Meanwhile Temur energy runs premium 2 and 3 drops, has better fixing and runs the best 4 and 5 drops available.

I've vaguely been wanting to play mono black aggrob and I would play this in that because I wouldn't really care what they choose. It's both a better, and worse, Browbeat.