Starting Advice

Hey Veeky Forums lurker here. I want to start getting into crypto but im blown away by the number of coins popping up seemingly every other day. I don't want to throw away all my cash like a mindless dumbass. I really don't know where/how to start, help me out. Anything appreciated. Merry Christmas boys.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3SwJ2iLR
coinmarketcap.com/
bletchleyindexes.com/
isthiscoinascam.com/
routerpwn.com/
exploit-db.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a bump for you user

Buy Paccoin

Dyor you retarded reddit faggot

Why that and not another coin? Im trying to get a base knowledge why to buy one versus another

Paccoin is currently under the radar since it's been dead for a long time. But it had recently been picked up by a new dev team and they actually have a plan for it. They will be doing an official announcement in the first quarter of Jan

The amount in circulation is insanely high at the moment which is something the new team doesn't like, and they will be reducing the amount by a certain amount (10x to 1000x). This shouldn't effect the value of the coins however

Despite it being practically worthless, it has had a healthly growth rate over about a month or two

Because it's so cheap, you can get a ton for only a single dollar and cash it in for 10x or 100x if it even hits a tenth of a penny

>First quarter of Jan

Meant to say first quarter of 2018

buy whatever coin mcafee shills exactly 2 mins after he posts about it

Thanks bro, appreciate it. How do i go about purchasing it tho?

ok here is a quick rundown on how crypto works:

1) You're an idiot and the first step to avoiding losses is to accept this

2) just holding is in almost any case a better strategy than day trading. This market does 1200-1600% per year without you doing fuck all. Don't gamble your safe gains away

3) bitcoin does bitcoin things. Accept it.

4) low'ish price coins for 2018: REQ, XLM, ADA, ICX, TRX

5) LINK is a meme

Currently worth 5/10,000 of a penny

What manager/portfolio app would you reccomend to newbs?

>LINK is a meme
Went downhill there tbf

it's a single dude that's supposed to be a developer that solved the oracle problem, but can't figure out how to write in GO. Should raise some red flags.

If you did your own research on LINK and think he has some merit by any means go for it, but I don't buy the hype

I got mine on Yobit. Personally I sent something like BTC or ETH over to Yobit, sold that for USA which can then be used to buy Paccoin

Keep in mind though that this is probably a high risk investment; no idea how far it'll go so I didn't put too much into it. It's recommended that you spread out your portfolio across a few different coins

Get the Delta Portfolio. It's available on iPhone and Android. Don't get Blockfolio because it spies on you

>low'ish price coins
Marketcap is the only thing that matters and every noob needs to learn that first.

How did you begin to understand cypto? What sources/sites do you use?

This user has good advice

Buying high and selling low may be a meme, but people actually do it. If you buy something and it crashes, DO NOT SELL, JUST HOLD ONTO IT

From another noob's perspective, these are pretty good advice. Points 4 and 5 are subject to discussion, but 1-3 seem essentially true.

>Don't get Blockfolio because it spies on you
Ah, crap. Well, uninstalling it I guess.

Payfair

pastebin.com/3SwJ2iLR $50~ in gibs n sheit
ask me anything if you're also a dirt poor person easing into the game

coinmarketcap.com/
bletchleyindexes.com/
isthiscoinascam.com/

All apps will have incentive to sell your data to interested parties. The only way to be sure is to make your own method for tracking, even if it's just a spreadsheet. You need to start protecting your home network and your data as if you are a financial institution, because you are trying to keep your private keys private. Go over the hardware in your house and check things like your router and other network connected devices on exploit databases like routerpwn.com/ and exploit-db.com/

Chances are you are a normie if you are reading this, and chances are you have some vulnerable piece of hardware or network connected software running in your house, I find that most people do. Just imagine how many old black and blue D-Link shitboxes are still out there. ISPs are generally not on top of this issue.

All of my understanding of crypto comes from lurking on Veeky Forums for about a month before getting into it. Whether or not that's a good thing I don't know

invest in payfair

oops I meant this linksys badboy that everyone seems to have sitting around. Don't use it unless you've installed robust new firmware that is immune to all the exploits that this clunker has.

1) disable all "Cloud" or "AI" features on your router, you probably don't need them
2) disable wireless administration or if you don't, use a secure connection to administer your router
3) disable remote services like telnet and SSH server
4) basically disable everything on your router that you don't need. Every extra service or bell or whistle is a potential vulnerability. Some of you SHOULD be sweating reading this, because I know a bunch of you fuckers have obsolete and insecure hardware, downloading sketchy wallets left and right, and are still rolling in thousands of dollars of memecoins. This won't last if you keep that up.

Got a good one for desktops? Delta's won't be out for awhile it looks like