Grand Alliance Death
>mega.nz/#!tuZgzAxA!ojKhBr9LXuyrENb3a2WdLRZbUrudSUSu7yE1aWla530

Grand Alliance Chaos
>mega.nz/#!0jo3QKpS!BW0rOwEW-BcBp3pUmM9zIRZxWxf3rMxXza1k9ZH9rfU

Grand Alliance Destruction
>mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

Previously on /aosg/:

I see, thanks for sharing.

Will probably just run them as 2 units of 10 unless I really want that bonus, but wouldn't be hard to just give the extra command team some spears.

Well, I took a look at it myself (I still have 2 high elf Spire of Dawn/Island of Blood boxes) and converting the command groups looks kinda hard desu. Lot of sculted details molded into the arms.

Then again, I think me or my brother bought fuckloads of other Spireguard so I think I can make 1. 30 man unit.

You should probably read up on some lore my dude, so you understand who the factions are and what they fight for. Seraphon alongside Chaos makes zero sense.

How varied are the mechanics of Age of Sigmar/40k, across armies? I really expected something like Nurgle to be paired with an infection mechanic; build up plague tokens for a unit, rolls to determine results, etc;
>Opponent kills his own men to avoid the result
>Sends infected in reckless attacks to do some good and be rid of them at the same time

All of that seems absent, though. Something as obvious as Khorne summoning additional troops based on enemies killed or damage done. Orks starting amid enemy armies, thrown by meks or catapults; comical straying arcs, etc.

You can not pick units from different grand alliances

Still haven't decided which god to dedicate my Slaves to Darkness to.

Don't do it. Paint them generic or white and just pick whatever is better against your current opponent

That's retarded, the answer is obviously tzlaanurglechorne

Reminder that 1 isn't Kharadron related and 4 isn't Blood Bowl Skaven

I know is pretty obvious, but I'll say 8 is clearly Stormcast

The "II" on it it's suspicious, maybe some new chamber?

So, about Nagash....

He created his Mortrarchs from his memories. Arkhan, Neferata and Mannfred are just a projection of what he remembered of them. He can recreate them all the time, right? Is it possible that he created more than one of each? Maybe different versions from different times?

Also we know that Ushoran is around. Was he also created by Nagash? What about ones such as Vlad or Abhorash? Are they around?

>He created his Mortrarchs from his memories.

Did he though?

All effects like this are included in battleplans rather than main army lists.

Is there any way to make a Herald of Slaanesh on foot with a Start Collecting box and still have an Exalted Seeker Chariot? I want to buy this box just for skirmish so I really need a Herald on foot

>Implying anyone actually uses Battleplans that aren't the 6 Pitched Battle options in the GHB.

Nurgle gives access to Blightkings, which gives an AoE damage effect that heals Nurgle models within the same range.

I see it less as a II and more as an anvil with a single drop of blood? in the middle.

>Something as obvious as Khorne summoning additional troops based on enemies killed or damage done

>What is Blood Tithe?

40K is better then AoS in this regard IMHO.

Gift of Chaos: Deal damage to an model. If it was a hero and it dies, it turns into a chaos spawn under your control.

Orks have several weapons that may explode and kill the user. Their medics (Painboyz) can operate on wounded units which will either heal them, or kill them.

(technically 30K, but whatever) Angron (Khorniest Primarch) gets +1A for each unit he kills.

>comical straying arcs
Pic related used to be a thing.

>white
Good taste.

Yeah looking it closer looks like that

I don't know. I've read it somewhere.

What armies are okay for 2x start collecting box build? My friends want to start playing AoS and we decided that we will start with a limited budget to prevent the arms race and because one of our friends just can not spend more on a hobby for now.
For now I noticed that Seraphon SC is good because it grants you a free unit of knights if you buy two SC boxes.
Nurgle SC has exactly 500pts and its units have some pretty nice synergy so the army is great for casual games.
Ironjawz also seem to be fine a fine option - at least you can build the ironfist with two boxes

Anything else?

Get the spire of dawn, plus 10 spireguard and a slave assassin. Boom $112 for 2 full 1000 point lists. Same with the big box of stormcasts and chaos.

demons of nurgle are good because everything in the box is something you're going to want more of in a larger army. however in my personal experience, i have great difficulty winning any games with them.

Man, the only thing really keeping me from going on an all-mounted Saurus army is how bad the scupts are. Like, the Dark Elf ones are great, but the Seraphon ones are dated as hell and look terrible all around.

Same here. I really like seraphon lore and aesthetic but mein Gott - I'm so fuckin tired with old sculpts

Reposting because ive only gotten memes

++ Pitched Battle (2,000) (Alliance: Sylvaneth) [2000pts] ++

+ Leader/Behemoth +

Drycha Hamadreth [280pts]

Deepwood Spell: The reaping

Spirit of Durthu [400pts]

Warlord trait: realm walker

Treelord Ancient [300pts]
Deepwood spell: renewal
Artifact: moonstone
+ Battleline +

2x10 Dryads [200pts]

5 Tree-Revenants [80pts]

5 Tree-Revenants [80pts]

+ Other +

3 Kurnoth Hunters: bows [220pts]

3 Kurnoth Hunters: bows [220pts]

3 Kurnoth Hunters: scythes [220pts]

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

My first Acolyte is 'finished' just need to finish up the base and do some cleanup where necessary. Bit shitty pic, but any thoughts?

What the fuck.

Looks like shit and you should kill yourself.

I really tried to like them but it's probably not my cup of tea
Oh my, great job user. How many of these dudes you want to make?

Looks pretty cool, I like it

>square bases

REEEEEEEEEEE

SQUUUUUAAAAARRREEEE?????

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know you CAN do some kitbashing but I just wish they'd actually give Seraphon some love.

>plague monk looks like shit
Thanks

he has dirty wittle paws owo

Don't ever reply to me again.

Got 5 built and would like to make a 10 man / 2 5 man units at least. Will playtest them and see if they perform, might need to cook up an easier conversion to make 30 or start recasting the heads which are super rare.

My whole Skaven army is on squares since I started it in 8th. Might rebase my Skryre army if I feel like it but I'm not gonna rebase my slottabase clanrats...

Well, he is a Skaven after all...

>just need to finish up the base

You're right, it needs to be way rounder

Fuck you, you're not my dad

>Is there any way to make a Herald of Slaanesh on foot with a Start Collecting box and still have an Exalted Seeker Chariot?
Yes. It's literally in the manual of the chariot.
If you don't put an herald on the chariot, you can make 2 Heralds on foot.

I mean, that's your problem? They are quite fun if you're not stuck in "balance=2 hills and 2 woods exactly symmetrically on the map" autistic mode.

I was looking at the SC Seraph box, and they didn't even bother retooling the saurus sprues to remove the tabs off their feet.

>Saw a demo of Shadespire
>Looks like a cool little fun game
>Not a single faction I like

What factions do you like?

I'm sort of dismayed at the lack of any 3rd party options too.

Slaves to Darkness
Brayherd
Host of Slaanesh
Free People
Dispossessed
Kharadron
Almost all Aelves

I don't feel like I have very close taste.

Well, fuck me running but I'm actually lost in a jungle of slaanesh chariots. There are 4 different units using same kit tho - feels like BCR or Carnosaur all over again

>Slaves to Darkness
>Host of Slaanesh
>Kharadron
I'm sure we will see these expansions soon so don't worry

Ok, let me make a table.

An exalted chariot can be assembled as:

>Herald on Exalted Chariot + 1 Herald on foot + 1 Daemonette
>Exalted Chariot + 2 Heralds on foot
>Herald on Seeker Chariot + 1 Herald on Steed + 1 Seeker + 2 Daemonettes
>Seeker Chariot + 2 Heralds on Steed + 2 Daemonettes
>2 Heralds on Seeker Chariot
>2 Seeker Chariot + 2 Heralds on foot
>2 Hellflayers + 2 Heralds on foot
>1 Hellflayer + 2 Heralds on Steed + 3 Daemonettes

I hope I got everything

Alright, this is what I was toying with. Not sure if there are any ways to really tweak it.

what kits did you use to build it?

Quite bad luck then lol

But as said, some of those might see expansions because they are popular factions

I like this list

Saved, thank you user
Why would I put 2 heralds on a single chariot? Or is it actually possible to make 2 chariots out of one kit?

>Doomwheel Driver head
>Stormvermin body
>Stormvermin arms
>Flaggelant hands
>Cannonballs/Greenstuff balls
>Maxmini Backpacks.

While Plagueclaw heads are easier to acquire, clanrats have molded-on shield arms. And plagueclaw heads and stormvermin are in a drastically different scale in my opinion. Good thing about doomwheel heads is that they fit super flush into a stormvermin body. Same socket and connecter. Also, I started building these in WHFB times, when Poison Wind Globadiers still had armor.

seems like a pain in the arse to get all those bits but i know that the skryre acolytes are like £7 for one. keep up the good work

You saying you don't like Stormcast? Oh too bad then, it seems that it's all we are getting

2 different Chariots.

The Exalted Seeker Chariot is literally 2 Seeker Chariot kits in a box.

You'll need extra bases for a lot of that stuff though, they don't put them in the boxes.

If you want to buy some Exalted Chariot in the future, just take 2 Seeker Chariots instead. They cost the same and you'll get an extra base, so there is no reason not to.
Unless you are buying the SC again, of course. Then take that one.

Really, the Chariots of Slaanesh are a great kit. Too bad not many people knows its potential.

>Was thinking of selling my Spire of Dawn Skaven.
>No longer available in the UK.

Guess I better hang on for now....

All except the heads are super easy to get in general. You for most of it you could just buy a box of Stormvermin.

The heads are impossible to acquire however. Took me years to get this many, no joke. But initially I just wanted something flavorful for my Skryre Themed WHFB army. Now they are a battleline unit for Skryre, but getting 30 of these puppies is not possible...

not a lot of slaanesh players across the games. also from experience it's a pain to assemble and paint , looks good when finished though

Hey guys, friend of mine has been painting up his boardgame miniatures a bunch and saw the Nighthaunt Tormented Spirits box and wants to get into AoS with it, I also kinda want to start a Brayherd army so was thinking of picking up a shaman and a box of gors or bestigors and getting him into AoS with skirmish, just wondering if you guys have any advice or can offer an alternative path besides me just grabbing some rape-goats and going to hang out with him as we both build a skirmish warband

Also, on the note of getting Brayherd stuff, should I put things that came with 25mm square bases on 25mm round bases, or should I put them on 32mm rounds in case they'll be hanging off the edge (and 20mm square onto 25mm round)

What Command Traits are people liking on Freeguild now? Inspiring is hilarious, but the army has enough in-built ability to nullify battleshock tests already between the Battalion, the General's war banner, other banners, etc. Shrewd Commander could be interesting, and if you end up with Inspired that could really turn the tide on that one magnificent attack. But damn if I don't think I'm learning towards Indomitable just to pump out the durability of Guard and gunlines alike.

As far as Artifacts go, I usually always went with the Phoenix Stone just to make the General more survivable, but the Writ of Dominion and Flag of the Conquerors both look like they could be a lot of fun.

Quick rules question as well. Running a battalion gives you a second artifact. Does this second artifact have to be on different hero than the first? Because if so, you're sort of boned by the Freeguild Regiment since you only are going to end up with the solitary Hero.

yeah was considering getting a unit of 30 acolytes but now might just get another unit of stormfieds

Or you could just used reusable bluestuff and make as many copies you wanted with milliput/or whatever you like to use.

>Something as obvious as Khorne summoning additional troops based on enemies killed

If you actually read the rules, Bloodletters can summon in more dudes on the Morale check and Blood Tithe points are accrued through destroyed units and can be spent on bonuses, one said bonus being the ability to put a daemon unit down.

You really should read more into Allegiance abilities, and even individual unit abilities, because there are a ton of neat mechanics.

Gotta pay for those additional dudes from the moment you make your list, though. Which makes those dudes feel a lot less like a bonus.

And suddenly were back to the point of "summoning is fucking retarded"

You don't have to if you don't play matched. Summoning is a terrible mechanic in any sort of competitive game, because you don't balance the army for what the player will have, but for the potential upper limit that the ymight never reach in-game.

>playing anything but matched
lel

I just picked up the old ise of blood on the cheap and I found the same thing. Trying to convert the elves to Dark elves to start a darkling coven. I threw on some spikes to them and might grab an executioner set and change the swords.

Making dreadspears was easy though. Just throw a skaven spear top onto the sea guard and bam done

Not the Bloodletters, but the Blood Tithe summon unfortunately yes. Which to be fair, probably better to have your Bloodthirster just on the table to begin with.

Fuck, that's plenty of stuff. I'm surprised GW is not giving Slaanesh more love - with a single new mortal followers kit and a battletome/warscroll cards they could make a nice small release and grab a lot of money just by selling mostly old kits. I'm not gonna run a full slaanesh army - just want to try something new in skirmish - but I see a lot of potential here

Also, at least it isn't quite as dark as I thought. Had assumed the loss of Volkmar meant we didn't have any Devoted of Sigmar left that were capable of interacting with non-Devoted of Sigmar, but the Excelsior Warpriest can. Still find it mindnumbingly stupid that all of the Devoted of Sigmar stuff is basically useless since you are locked into running a faction whose only non-leader unit is Flagellants.

Honestly, they really just need to un-split a lot of these factions that were cut apart. Devoted of Sigmar, Collegiate Arcane, Ironweld, and Free Peoples belong together. Though then I guess you run into issues since they've deleted all of the artillery pieces from Freeguild and Dispossessed, so Ironweld would have to be in both.

Seriously considering that. Did some research in my holiday. Any personal experience? At that point I can build them with a box of Stormvermin. Just need to cast heads, and some open hands (will use Blood Bowl Skaven for that).

Those also look like a decent starting point, Bloodbowl Skaven.

If dubs then you go Nurgle

Still waiting

The great horned rat.

Have an army of insane mortals dedicated to someone else's god. Could even go with his great corruptor aspect and to the nurgle traits

slanny

New rats soon maybe? Also, where'd the pic of the GUO come from?

Thanks. Seems like it would be amusing. Was tempted to try to fit in like a priest or something. Wish they could get Horned Ones.

Actually coulsnt you squeeze in a bastilidon? It would ruin the theme but you still have room for ine if you cut some stuff.

Hmm, possibly, though I have to have, at minimum, five heros, which is where a lot of the cost is.

To that end, do you have any suggestions? I need 6 units of Knights, and 5 heroes, so it'll be cutting one unit of knights and downgrading a hero I think. Not sure that's worth it.

>$500 of dino cavalry
I like the look, I like the feel, I hate the price.

Tell me guys, is there any daemon faction that actually benefits from mixing with Slaves to Darkness?
I want to buy a StD start collecting and any Daemons start collecting (really like them all) that would work fine with the slaves but I'm worried about the lack of synergy.
Now all chaos daemons and StD have their own allegiance abilities so it seems like there is no point in playing mixed chaos. I know that's great for mono-armies but it feels like GW gave the final stroke to the daemons-mortals mixed armies.

Thankfully, I make good enough money that it'll be ok, and I'd likely actually go over that on bits to make them ride Dark Elf Cold Ones.

I like the idea of integrating a Bastilidon, but just not sure where. I want the multiple Carnosaurs, but I can't fit them all.

I'm pretty sure that most Khorne demon items stipulate Khorne as the keyword. Have a look at Slaanesh in the GHB2017, might activate those almonds.

Iirc, the Slaanesh generals have good Mortal Slaanesh buffing powers, and any StD with the mark would benefit. Plus you can run the allegiance that lets you have 3 generals. Lotsa buffs

If you pull off having the saurus ride the Dark Elf cold ones, post it user. I was looking at doing that myself and the cost isn't a problem, I just don't want to spend the money and fuck it all up with my zero experience at kitbashing.
Still trying to find a paint scheme that I like for these dudes.

>building up Blood Warriors
>have the snapfit dudes from the starter sitting here as well
>regular kit dudes tend to be shorter
>smaller helmets
>less detail in the armour
>poses just aren't as animated

GW need to stop this shit.

>the snapfit champion looks better than my kit champion with a mutated stomach and teeth axe
>but I can't use the snapfit one as champ since I have two of him
>meanwhile the Bloodreaver champ has extra bitz that allow you to make a regular dude so multiples of his body don't go to waste

Can't merge any of those units? Minimum size units tend to be a bad idea and any Khorne army will love that list.

With all the buffs that army is getting, those Knights are basically heat-seeking dino-missiles. He probably isn't expecting many of them to live for long, but they should be able to punch through damn near anything with one or two salvos. With all of the buffs that they're receiving, those Knights are gonna easily be Demigryph-tier if not just under Skullcrusher-tier.

Paint on the metal is a tad thick

Needs some more highlights, especially on his helmet

Excellent job on that orb!

What non-model release you wish to see in the near future?

I would be pleased with old battletomes like Seraphon and Ironjawz updated with their GHB17 allegiance abilities and errata.
Also warscroll cards for each faction that has allegiance abilities would be great.

>Hero Phase
>right, you've killed a hero and a blob of my Reavers
>I've killed two units of your Knights and a Carnosaur so...
>see these Bloodcrushers? yeah those will pile in and immediately attack now, 5 Blood Tithe
>oh look there's the other Carnosaur gone...