EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: There is no question, only the reminder that the reserve list is not a legally binding contract.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIJN8IiDse0
youtube.com/watch?v=JaXp7VBkThI
youtube.com/watch?v=xXpZj_hqEAA
youtube.com/watch?v=IswnGaGxvRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fYkpwp9fFjM
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/lorans-smile-2014-10-27
youtu.be/gZA-m6u29rI
youtube.com/watch?v=YGV6bCTMM5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no title
>lame thread question
>/edhg/ in the subject line instead of the pasta
You get a 6/10, but only because you didn't include that which shall not be named.

Anyone got a scalable deck? Like a deck that can go from casual to pretty competitive by swapping out a few cards?

>Thread Question
Our horrifying reality.

There's a title in the OP. You're confusing it with the name field ya goof

are you the fag who tries to force the "xxx" edition meme? your jokes suck just so you know. literally no one finds them funny aside from you

Well, maybe title was the wrong word, I meant edition. I now solemnly decree this: Pedantic Bullshit Edition.

It's a /sp/ thing, back where actual generals come from.

He used the right pasta, that's really what matters.

Well, since "there is no thread question" it's time for songposting: post the song that most aptly fits your deck.

>songposting
dear god please no. NO.

They're not supposed to be funny, they're supposed to give anyone delving the archives an extra divergence point to tell two of these suckers apart at a glance. As lines in the op go, that makes "edition" infinitely more useful than "Haha, OP"

youtube.com/watch?v=qIJN8IiDse0

although every time i play magic i have eye of the tiger in my head idk it just pumps me up

>There is no question, only the reminder that the reserve list is not a legally binding contract.
My favorite black/white card is anguished unmaking, hitting lands is really useful but instant speed makes anguished better than vindicate in my opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=JaXp7VBkThI

user, you glorious bastard. Time for songs theme songs. This always reminds me of my Kira deck because it's repetitive, inevitable, and ruthlessly catchy when it gets going.

it takes forever and everyone else thinks its boring as fuck
jeskai paradox
youtube.com/watch?v=IswnGaGxvRQ

>can't tell the difference by the images

Must be hard being that stupid.

Sakashima Clones. The most scalable thing you can do in this game is play someone else's deck, but better. Lazav is fun for that too.

Here's a thread question.
If you could take any one or two color commander and add an additional color to them, which commander would you pick and what color?

5c removal.deck

Hapatra or Gitrog, make them jund.

Oh you don't even fucking know. This is the theme for my Edgar deck. I just imagine him playing a giant organ with some sweet purple plastic shades.

>says the user who has literally never looked in the archive
The worst is when people don't link the previous thread. You've basically killed all generals before you when you do that.

>If you could take any one or two color commander and add an additional color to them, which commander would you pick and what color?
Hokori + blue

Angry Omnath + Blue
I want to kick a Rite of Replication on him just once.

Add Green.

>Augustin IV stax player gets hated out immediately by the other 3 people at he table
>Complains

If OG Olivia could have U, she would be the perfect vampire commander.

>I want to kick a Rite of Replication on him just once.

oh god this so much. I'm currently building angry omnath and I wish i had blue

that's because it is boring as fuck

>I want to kick a Rite of Replication on him just once

Gwafa and add black or neheb the eternal and give him back black

I'd make Feldon Rakdos and run a train on people. I can just imagine it now:
>slapping tainted strike on Malignus
>reanimating Massacre Wurm every singe turn
>fucking Geth eating entire people's libraries
>cauldron dance out of nowhere for that sweet double duty booty blasting
>throwing down wound reflection, where ancients tread, and warstorm surge, then reanimating Bane of Bala Ged
>skittles out of left field stealing games
>reanimating phyrexian obliterator

add blue to daretti. become unstopable

>being this much of a pleb

I would have loved to watch that unfold.

Also what is it with these fucks? If you're gonna play an obnoxious stax deck, at least have the guts to play archenemy.

Add White. Then we'd have an interesting Boros Commander!

is pretty good, possibly the best call here (though Hokori as Jeskai would be even better, the question was one color) but since that's already been called I'm gonna say Kentaro + Red (with Mardu Kentaro being the ideal)

Alright /edhg/, do you guys think I could build a rakdos deck, and ask people to let me use feldon as the commander? I'd even settle for bathor. Of course I'd make sure I have an actual rakdos general just in case, but either of those decks would be too sweet to ignore.

Add Blue. Then people would shut up about an Izzet Artificer Commander!

Boros Kazuul would be dank as fuck.

Yeah, if you play a monster strategy like GAAIV Stax, and bring it to a table where that tier of deck isn't the norm, you need to be prepared to take a whole table of hate. Which isn't impossible

This. I want an actually good Samurai commander along the lines of what was talked about a few threads ago. Kentaro would be sweet with an extra color or two. It's too bad that one of the best samurai is green (as well as being the only green samurai).

How do I stop dragon shields from getting these waves on top of the sleeves? Barely 2 games played and some of them go loose and the top part where you inset the card goes all "wavey". Fuck dragon shields.

are you using matte or regular?

I'd make Kruphix BUG so I can urborg, coffers, doubling cube, then chunk a player with 9000+ mana.

Is it worth it to have some Equipment like Slagwurm Armor or Ensouled Scimitar for protection for Feldon against my own stuff like Ryusei the Falling Star?

Melek
youtube.com/watch?v=fYkpwp9fFjM

Depends on what your endgame is. My Feldon deck is a midrange aggro deck, and while I run things that can kill feldon, it's rarely an issue. Nim Deathmantle is a champ for keeping him alive, and if you're feeling crazy, eldrazi monument will win you games. Really, you shouldn't cast feldon unless you have something like Urabrask out with enough mana to tap him the turn he comes in, or if your opponent is tapped out, because everyone knows his schtick.

Now, if you want secret tech, run this. The first time you use it people will be confused. The second time you use it, they shit their pants.

It's been a while since I last played, my Gisa deck got dismantled for various reasons and I recently got G&G... how do they compare? What are the main differences and common points betwen them? And most important, which one if more fun to play with, and against?

Is there any lore for this guy?

Matte

Why would they shit their pants over a bounce ETB? I'm clearly missing something here

do you doublesleeve? I've noticed that dragonshields perfect fit wave a little bit, atleast some of them do.

I guess that's because it becomes repeatable thanks to Feldon, and in mono-R.

Yeah he has a cane

>feldon's cane works in opposition of what feldon wants to do

Oh, you poor soul.
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/lorans-smile-2014-10-27

His wife got war crimed on by Ashnod and died some while after the wars.
He spent a while making golems of her and after he those stopped satisfying him he went on a magic quest.

The cane saves his reanimation suite if some Bojuka Bog looks at him.

You could use it to save your gy from being exiled I guess but it's a Pyrrhic victory.

Deck is so expensive so ofc I do. Is there a way to stop the curling?

try using kmc perfect fits instead of dragonshield perfect fits.

what is the best myco'd planeswalker to bash someones face in?

Gideon. Using him as a beatstick is the best he can hope for.

nicol bolas equpipped with nicol bolas planeswalker, nicol bolas the deceiver and nicol bolas god-pharaoh or kytheon equipped with all the gideons.

with the new planeswalker rules I can finally equip a gideon with a gideon and bash someones face in for gideon amounts of damage

I got you

>not Nicol Bolas equipped with Gideon so he can play ball with him

Who would win- a bolas holding a gideon or a gideon holding a bolas.

Can Gideon swing a Nicol Bolas faster than Nicol Bolas can throw a Gideon?

Pia Nalaar equipped with Chandra

Pia with all of the chandras.

>Honey let's equip our daughters and get rid of them when its advantageous

I mean, best case scenario, the Bolas is a 12/12 but Gideon could arbitrarily large+8 or a 13/13 at least. Also, Gideon's Bolas could destroy Bolas' Gideon or take control of Bolas, but Bolas' Gideon can't destroy Gideon because he won't be a creature during Bolas' turn.

Just pilot the Pia, Chandra!

Thanks, I just realized I've been assembling the cards with no grand strategy in mind, just a pile of cards that work well with Feldon and Artifacts in general. I'm gonna have to look over what I have and rethink what's I'm doing.

>kytheon equipped with all the gideons.
now that makes the least sense of all

Hey Magic fans, let's play some trivia! First question! What color are Gideon Jura's eyes?

Got your answers?

I'm sorry, that's wrong. The answer is blellow!

is he worth playing tribal or should it be a goodstuff junk deck?

Just build THICC.dec already and fuck off

>that reminder for when the game is over

How nice of them.

Nobody's willing to give me a quick rundown?

Get a scarab god and start building with him, he's much mor fun

twincest lets you play that enchantment that makes your zombies free, also you get access to those dimir and blue zombies you could not get with monoblack, so go with G&G

This is back when ante was still technically a thing. Stuff was weird.

>20$ for the commander alone
He does look like fun, but no thanks, I'm a poorfag.

Thanks m8

youtu.be/gZA-m6u29rI

>no I gained control of your mox ruby, it's mine now.

Anyone have a Sydri Eggs list? Alternatively, anyone have fun wincons for a Jund lands deck?

>There is no question, only the reminder that the reserve list is not a legally binding contract.

If that's the case why don't we get functional reprints of reserve list cards with different stats?
>A card is considered functionally identical to another card if it has the same card type, subtypes, abilities, mana cost, power, and toughness.
Just reprint a new enchantment or some creature that's word-for-word a copy of something like Copy Artifact but just make it cost 4 mana or something.

Make him Boros and give him lifelink, watch the fun roll in

>Sun O)))
my dude

Should have been Naya.

Make him Boros.

There is nothing Green about this card at all.
Mono red has a better claim to it than Nya/Selesnya

I've been modifying the new wizards deck trying to make it good.
youtube.com/watch?v=YGV6bCTMM5w

They're a'ight and if you are on the cheap, they're powerful enough.

He's literally a Naya Blacksmith storywise.

But yeah, RW would have been a better choice, but then he couldn't have been in the Cats deck.

They do sometimes, like Day's Undoing. Reiterate pissed people off because the only difference was that Fork made it red.

Guy is literally a blacksmith from naya.

>If that's the case why don't we get functional reprints of reserve list cards with different stats?

It happens.