Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

3 Duncan vids on one day edition

Previous Daily Duncan: youtube.com/watch?v=jmR4rPeRCZs

Another daily Duncan: youtube.com/watch?v=Ougd6l1FnLQ

More daily Duncan: youtube.com/watch?v=mMI88yOPGzs

>Graia
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/forge-world-focus-graia-sep-12gw-homepage-post-4/

>Mars
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/forge-world-focus-mars-sep-11gw-homepage-post-4/

>Metalica
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/forge-world-focus-metalica-sep13gw-homepage-post-4/

>After weeks of a rigged campaign, Imperials win it.
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>top 5 catastrophes(especially for Carnac)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-catastrophesgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Tau

Waiter, this edition is bland. It's the Jeb Bush of editions. I'm sending it back to the kitchen. Tell the chef that I would like some spice.

Nth for someone remove konor from the OP next time the make a thread since it's a dead meme

Fuck you guy, with your obscene OP.

>shits on plate.
7th eddition, on the house.

You got about half a thread where we pretty much solely discussed that
Give it a rest, you got enough (you)'s

Ohh yum Indian food

Just enjoy this glorious excess in the name of Dark Prince.

Not sur ewhat you're talking about, man. The open war cards are miles ahead of maelstrom shit.

Fight me and my vegetable korma, Indian is top tier lunch-food.

Throw me a paint scheme.

>Indian is top tier lunch food
You misspelled Turkish

hey guys, can you please post the pic of brother johnny though the years?

White cloak with yellow undergarments

That one.

All white with back trim and detailing.

Why does it matter? Mars is the only FW worth playing since it has Cawl.

The thread edition.
Y'know, incorrectly punctuate subject, spam, old squid links and forgeworld links not even in fucking order of release.

A floppy 2/10 thread quality.

S-s-so how 'bout that Necromunda?

oh

I've just accepted that 40k threads on Veeky Forums will always be shit.

What should a 1850 pt Admech shooty army have?
like "must-have" units to weather against most enemies
right now, I got
1 Neutron laser
1 icarus array
2 kastelans
6 plasma calivers
2 arc rifles

still got 500 pts to spend, mind you. Thinking about sniper rangers or vindicare for character killing.

is there any general rule to how much firepower is needed/recommended?

I broke 8th edition. This is the premiere list. It will destroy tournaments. at all points levels.

Replace the Batallion detachment with Poxwalkers out the ass.

>meet 6.7/10 grill
>we hit it off
>she knows I'm a nerd, cool with it even though she's not one
>steady for about two weeks
>one day she wants to hang out
>tell her I can after my game of 40k
>she asks what that is and I have to explain that about once a week I go to a smelly game store and roll dice and move models around with neckbeards
>she says cool but I can tell it's not
>that night when we do hang out she says she was okay with it this time but if I'm turning her down for hours to go play board games it would be a problem
>becomes a big fight because that's super controlling and I called her out
>next day she wants to fight again over text and this time getting a lot more belligerent and serious about certain things
>haven't talked in 3 days
Well Veeky Forums, I did it, I picked 40k over a girl, hope you're happy...
God dammit...

Is there a Veeky Forums 40k Discord?

Also - thoughts on my tournament GSC list:

+++ GSC Tourney (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [121 PL, 2000pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment (Tyranids) [15 PL, 247pts] ++

+ HQ +

Malanthropes [5 PL, 90pts]: Malanthrope
. Rules: Shadow in the Warp, Synapse

Primus [4 PL, 76pts]: Bonesword
. Rules: Cult Ambush, Unquestioning Loyalty

+ Troops +

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 64pts]
. 7x Neophyte Hybrid (Shotgun)
. Neophyte Hybrid (Special Weapon): Flamer
. Neophyte Leader: Autopistol, Chainsword

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 57pts]: 8x Neophyte Hybrid (Lasgun)

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 50pts]: 9x Neophyte Hybrid (Lasgun)

Neophyte Hybrids [5 PL, 50pts]: 9x Neophyte Hybrid (Lasgun)

+ Heavy Support +

Biovores [4 PL, 72pts]:
. 2x Biovore: 2x Spore Mine Launcher

Biovores [2 PL, 36pts]
. Biovore: Spore Mine Launcher

Biovores [4 PL, 72pts]
. 2x Biovore: 2x Spore Mine Launcher

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [27 PL, 548pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Shadowsword [27 PL, 548pts]: Heavy Stubber, Twin heavy bolter
. 2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Flamer Sponsons: 2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy flamer

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Tyranids - Genestealer Cults) [55 PL, 885pts] ++

+ HQ +

Patriarch [7 PL, 150pts]: Power: Mass Hypnosis

+ Elites +

Purestrain Genestealers [16 PL, 255pts]: 17x Purestrain Genestealer, 17x Purestrain Talons

Purestrain Genestealers [16 PL, 255pts]: 17x Purestrain Genestealer, 17x Purestrain Talons

Purestrain Genestealers [16 PL, 225pts]: 15x Purestrain Genestealer, 15x Purestrain Talons

Battleship
Warcraft
Emoji

Yet no WH40K movie

Explain and also pitch your movie and casting choices

I always used to clean up and update links, do a proper cover and shit.

...And then go to work and not see the thread until it's 312 posts in, people are /pol/ fagging while it dies and two shitheads have made new threads with 4Ohkay in the subject and the title in the namefield.

500 pts of ratlings

You picked freedom over a girl. It doesn't matter what your hobby is, she can't expect you to give it up because she needs attention 24/7.

>steady for about two weeks
>Big fight over a board game
Hate to break it to you Don Juan but that want going to turn into a lifelong marriage

No, you put your hobby over getting your wicky sticky.

Every time someone removes squig links I put them back up in the next thread if I'm around
I will make it a Permanent thing for the OP

>6.7/10
>Does not share interests

Ditch her.

>Yet no WH40K movie
LOL what are Ultramarines?

You know abandoning your passion for a 6.7 wouldn't have been worth it.

>stifling yourself and what you enjoy for sex
never worth

women are a meme, don't change your lifestyle to adapt to them

also you can do better than 6'7/10 user, be the best version of yourself and you'll be apples

What if one of the things you enjoy is sex?

LOL Until you run up against someone who runs super heavies and blasts you with 50 heavy bolter shots, 9 lascannon shots, two autocannon shots, a volley from conscripts, 4 heavy flammer shots, cannons from the super heavies, ect.

Good at taking out some things, but lacking in a lot of others.

Any suggestions for making a Thousand Son/Tzeentch Daemon army? I kind of want it to be fluffy "your dudes," so I would prefer to avoid named characters other than Changeling.

is that kit harrington and aquaman?

All true, we knew eachother for about 3 months before we started the whole dating thing, she was one of those people who totally was different to her date than just her friends, and in a bad way, clearly not as good a catch as I thought
At least now I'll be able to say I broke up with someone because of 40k and get some nerd street cred around the shop

aquaman is played by the same actor that played khal drogo in the first season, so yes

>avoid named characters other than my one exception
Here we go again

Find an outlet for it that doesn't compromise your other interests.

>admech forgeworlds so far are pretty decent, and doctrina imperatives are back
prettywellpleased.jpg
Here's hoping Ryza will be good or I'll kill myself

Listen, you want to be actually fluffy? Don't spam Brimstones. Take some motherfucking Pink Horrors with the full reserve points set aside for the corresponding Blue and Brimstone splits.

>ignores cover

Legit not trying to shitpost, sorry. Changeling is just a relatively minor character, and I think its justifiable for an Exalted Sorcerer to summon and bind it.

QUICKLY Veeky Forums, YOU NEED TO TELL ME THE MOST BORING FACTION TO PAINT AND/OR PLAY

Hard mode: no Necrons

Ultramarines

If they're running knights or something, just don't stuff the malefics in the valkyrie. Knights fold to smite spam.

>most boring to play
Tau
>most boring to paint
Grey knights

That is pretty much what I was planning to do. Not familiar with the Chaos metagame, but are Brimstones as meme tier as conscripts for the Guard or something?

I can recommend prostitutes

>tfw go to boardgames and wargames nights with gf and have fun

you realise you can play count-as for named characters

Loyalist Space Marines. No exceptions.

Necrons, sorry but it is the most boring faction with the most boring players. Last time I went up against some playing necrons he fielded about 100 necron warriors and the worst part is they didn't even have the same color scheme.

Cadians, enjoy painting the same model x1000 times and basically the same tanks over and over again.

Chaosfags are OBSESSED, why is that?

Guard is pretty boring to play and paint.

Lots of dice for shit that always misses.

I was in the same situation, chose the girl. I bitterly regret the decision even ten years after I made it.

It's not about a hobby. Even if you collected vintage dildos, its about your fucking hobby and about being a man. And not putting your foot down because some girl throws a tantrum is a relationship death sentence and a HUGE red flag.
Write her: Hey, sorry it's not working out.

Be ready to take the loss. That's what a man is about, user. Fuck her

because they got IMPERIUM'D on Konor even after all the fudging

Grey knights
>paint silver, boom, you're done!
>very few options in list building
>every army does the same thing with no variety

Friendly reminder GW actually had two special rules called jump pack and jet pack that were totally different and everyone got confused the first time they played the one they weren't familiar with, and we were okay with this

I'm a sisters player actually. But loyalist space marines are just super boring.

i doubt the other guys at your store will care, but sure good on you user for getting out a bad situation before it grew to monstrous proportions and you can't get out.

if your waifu is shit i don't think you should disassemble yourself or explore the inside of a woodchipper

That is a good idea actually. I haven't bought the model and have a Herald of Tzeentch model that should fit the job.

Take an exalted as your leader or something. Also, decent amount of rubrics, be a bit more sparing with termis though. Maybe a bit of tzaangors.
In terms of daemons, no brimstone spam. Actually use splitting horrors, or maybe some of the other ones. Variety is fitting for Tzeentch.
I dunno.

Guys, I'm painting my Devastator ammo fetus and I don't know what color I should be painting the skin.

My chapter is one of the pale/grey skinned Raven Guard types, so I want to paint the baby grey. But then again, cherubs don't have geneseed, so it should be the color of a regular baby. But then you'd get into the "why is your whole chapter grey skinned and then you have one blindingly bright tan/flesh baby in the whole army?". But then on the OTHER other hand, I don't think I even have any unhelmeted miniatures. I might have like one, two at most, but even those guys I'm thinking of throwing on helmets.

TL:DR - Should Devastator armorium cherub be human colored or chapter's skin color?

Good job bro, you're in the elite now.

Pff, that's why Orks were the best army to start with, you had every unit type and they were all shit, so you'd be ready for and appreciative of any other army in the game.

Digits speak truth
>"tap the center of the street sign"
>tap the one street sign
>"tap the car"
>no car move on
>"tap the mail box"
>no mailbox move on
>"please try again"
Has anyone successfully done that captchas?

Why the fuck do you have so many embeds

>No named characters!
>except the best one!

i've actually never played against Necrons, I can't tell whether they just don't exist in Leeds or if I've just been lucky

Better yet, look wt it as a gain. He's only losing a problem.

I have an Exalted Sorcerer that I'm basing the army around. Is dramatically RPing your character considered poor form (ie ranting about technology's inferiority compared to the splendor of the warp while smiting a tank)?

Only if you Cadian.

Paint it green, like a cute little Ork baby.
Or give it blue skin like a cute little ultramarine baby!

It should be the color of a abortion with half a toaster plugged into it's skull.

Unlikely to be very healthy looking, grey with purplish undertones and feverish red around the connections.

I dunno. Maybe? People might consider it a bit strange.

Thanks guys, I love you anons

>Or give it blue skin like a cute little ultramarine baby!

Or the luckiest little ork baby.

How to fix word bearers:
>faction trait
Whenever a word bearers character attempts to summon a daemon, if successful, the summoned unit can be placed within 18 inches of the word bearer's character, and more than 7 inches away from any enemy units, instead of the normal restrictions.

Templars or Dark Angles I think qualify as exceptions if you pimp them out with accessories.

I'd recommend going with a Rakarth Flesh-ish muted flesh tone, but not an identical pale one to your RG guys.

Stop trying to fuck with deep strike distances user, it doesn't add depth to the game, it's just dumb

>6.7/10

Unless you're a 2/10, it's not worth taking a woman like that unless she's like 10/10, or at least 9/10 or something. Basically, she's gotta be hot enough that you're willing to sacrifice all your joy to shack up with a complete bitch.

Alright everyone here's a fun game
Describe your faction with
>muh [blank]
I'll start
>muh basic humanity

>Alright everyone here's a fun game

Ok, where is it?

>muh zerg ripoff

Imagine all of the things we could discuss instead.

>muh bayonet charges

Could you like, make a separate thread with your "game" so we might like maybe have a thread for more than 5 hours and that's not 90% "dubs names my shit", "same shit we did last thread but noone replied to me so here we go again".

> muh glorious rot
> muh bad fw index

It's going to draw a lot of stares and will have a negative effect on getting people to play you.

Do you think we'll get -one- good forge world trait?

I mean, besides Cawl is good and Mars makes Cawl better at being Cawl, obviously.

I've got a custom forge world, so can just pick whatever trait I like, so 5 shit ones doesn't bother me in the slightest, just gimme one I can actually get a meaningful buff from without falling back on Gulliman's tech priest buddy.