Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Red Corsairs, stealing the OP edition

>Old thread had shitty OP, so ignore it. It doesn't exist.

>Metalica preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/forge-world-focus-metalica-sep13gw-homepage-post-4/

>top 5 squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/rhAaJpP
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/09/08/death-guard-8th-edition-codex-leak-compilation/
youtube.com/watch?v=Xcz-Oho0tlU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is probably the most likely scenario.
>inb4 B-but muh Rountree

The colors are so dull, and bland. Could you spice this painting up and make it vivid?

Hot opinions on this list pls?

I'm not a dark angels player, but I've heard good things about the advice given out in this discord.

discordapp.com/rhAaJpP

>sisters get buffs
>WAACfags buy overpriced metal models
>gw sees the boost in sister sales
>plastic sisters announced 2 months after buffs

A man can dream

Discord servers are the new "try my mixed tape"

Hey guys, I'm out of the loop and haven't played 40k for a while...

Are Orks still the best race?

>Are Orks still the best race?

Ye, dey still da best.

9th for what book should I start in the 40k lore?

Everywhere but the rules.

Green iz best!

So Orkz, Necrons, and IG are all the best.

Read anything previously?

Ciphas Cain, you need to appreciate the less serious side of 40k.

No batrep this week, since my opponent had to respond to an emergency call and take off after 1 turn. Just dumping some pictures instead.

My theme this game was "on foot" - I wanted to field all the painted infantry models I had, plus my knight which still hadn't seen a game in 8th. I ended up squeezing 12 infantry squads, 2 special weapons squads, 4 kasrkin squads, and a smattering of officers and attaches into 1950 points.

DEY IZ GREEN AIN'T DEY?
ORKZ IZ BEST BY DEFAULT!

>Everywhere but the rules.
Oddly enough, I'm still doing just fine against pretty much everything with only the Index, so I don't know what you're on about here.

Nope nothing 40k related

What is your battle plan?

A shame, infantry IG armies are cool to see, despite the conscript meme. I would love to play against your army there with my Melee centered Necrons

where are the DG leaks.coming from? I keep seeing people talk about new rules but I haven't seen a link to leaks

bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/09/08/death-guard-8th-edition-codex-leak-compilation/

Go to this site for leak compilations.

Rolled 6, 1, 6, 1, 5, 3 = 22 (6d6)

Rolling for my future Slaaneshi warlord.

I too would like hot opinions on the feasibility of this list.

Might turn the ironstrider into a dragoon, but the clean 750points pleases my autism.
Also might swap the vanguards for more rangers. The extra shots are nice, but the rangers get two shots at 15" anyway.

Post the list, I'm always interested in seeing slaaneshi cults.

This is why I will never play horde armies. You did a great job painting all of those but I have a hard enough time painting up the small amount of CSM I have already. I couldn't imagine having to paint dozens like that.

>hell march
>nazis
Why?
not that it doesn't fit the Wehrmacht

What factions do you like?

Tank and Cyclopes focused IG armies are the only ones ive played against.

But most definitely. Anrakyr, Zendrehk, Obyron, 2 Overlords and a Cryptek with 10 Lychguard 10 Praetorians 5 Immortals, a Triarch Stalker a Ghost Ark and 40 warriors AND my Monolith if I could squeeze it in. It would be a stupendously fun match.

>A shame, infantry IG armies are cool to see

I've always thought so, too, which is why I got tired of seeing so many tank spam IG lists in previous editions. IG looks best, imo, when there are a lot of bodies marching around in uniform. Link and pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xcz-Oho0tlU

(let's try that again with the picture fixed)

What are you working on Veeky Forums???

I've been working on pic related for the last couple of days. After some finishing touches he will be my new HQ.

Damn that sums up discord pretty well. Is it fire?

Oh I dont have one yet, my current project is GSC but now Im just fluffing my future Chaos project. So far I only have the Nurgle group which will be painted in corroded Dusk Raider colors and they will be made into a group of loyalists that were consumed by their need for vengeance and followed the Death Guard too deep into the eye, they fought too long and their festering wounds in their souls let Nurgle into their ranks so now they are infested by his gifts just as the enemy that they chase, now they are a rogue group of Nurgle marines hunting down Mortarion

I havent thought anything about the Slaaneshi group that will be their allies, maybe a younger chapter that fell to Slaanesh.

Nids deathwatch and furries

How Should I kit out my Vulkan Hestan entourage?

Ive been going 3 ss and meltagun and then two Axe Flamers

All in a heavy flamer razorback

Haven't you heard of Venom spam?

how did you afford this much Armageddon
also
>armageddon
>on foot
>pic related
I'm doing mine up in the style of the Fallschirmjager style because my historical autism (literally the same webbing)

With a side of gay traitors on bikes

Your name is greatly disturbing. Change it before you summon them

looks great, maybe darken the area beneath the sternum.

The Necron Lord passed all 5 of his fucking saves in this combat.

Working on converting some AOS Blood Warriors into berzerkers for my CSM warband. The greenstuff work isn't the best I'll admit but it's the first time I've ever used it and it's good enough for me. Still need to finish the legs on the rest of them then I'll mount the backpacks and wait for my chainspears to come in from Anvil before I finish them up.

>chainspear user
Oh man, make sure to post those when you're done. Kinda interested in how it'll look.

I know who you are.

The big hurdle for me is getting the damn things shipped here. USPS likes to pretend my apartment doesn't exist and not mail my shit, meaning I'll have to drive to whatever post office they leave it at and get it myself most likely. Fingers crossed that they won't do that.

>30k coloured rubrics
>ahriman
>a bunch of prospero-themed bases
>a Wyvern
>Cadian Command Squad
>vindicare

>no reflection
Shit, he's a Nazi AND a vampire? AND he plays 40k? Seems pretty chill to me.

Hello austrailia

Pick an Eldar name and make an anagram with it.
Pleasure yourself at the rage of spess elves when they notice.

Also good on you user, names are very imporotant. Pic related.

˙uou∀ 'pooƃ ,uiʞoo˥

>Nazi
fine
>Vampire
fine
>Guardfag
it's on like donkey kong

Try the Space Wolf Omnibus by William King and the Deathwatch novel by Steve Parker.

You had the right idea, now turn your phone to the LEFT

Where I can, use the bikes to take the fight where I want it to be. Even if that means in close. And support with long range Devastators. The Sergeant, bolter marines, and plasma guns on the Razorbacks should discourage enemies from rushing them. The Company Masters are obviously there to let me supercharge safely, and the Outrider HQ is going to deep strike ahead of the bikers so he can meet them at the end of movement. I thought a Darkshroud would be more valuable than the Vengeance because hopefully it and the Apothecaries can keep my bikers on the field longer.

Rolled 6, 35, 17 = 58 (3d66)

pls work, dumb phone posting app

Need help with my death guard list lads:

Already have the dark imperium DG set x 2

Getting morty and mortarion

Thinking of just getting more plague marines, the grenade guys and 3 of the new mortar tanks.

Will this work??

My nigga

Let's stake some of these faggot tankwalkers

Does somebody can estimate the size of the Myphitic Blight-Hauler?
I want to convert one from some boxy thing and some bits, I like the bloat drone but I dislike the land version and i want variety.
I was thinking about an heavily converted dunecrawler. Too big?

Its 6d66

Jesus Christ unbelievable.
Yet another guardfag.

I'd change the plasma guns on the bike squad to meltas, you already got plasma guns on the knights

Any good nid stories in there?

>not accepting his gift of eternal life and ushering the dark eternal fourth reich
Playing guard's a small price to pay for the power he probably wields.

Rolled 5, 4, 1, 6, 4, 5 = 25 (6d6)

fug, redo

>daemons can now be precision summoned turn 1, with nearly no limitations
>you can summon entire armies this way, not consuming FOC slots

>Morty twice?
Plague marines aren't great.
If you want to spam Nurgle deamon engines Epidimus will help accuracy.
Typhus and tallyman are required for pox blobs.

Still have to pay the points

I'm loving the reactions to this

Not that much Nid stuff hknestly. One of the Ultramarines books is about a nid invasion, there's some in Ciaphas Cain, there are no books from the nid perspective though.

Too big.

Yeah, that's not a problem. The thing I'm getting at is that you can have well over 2/3rds of your points reserved and deep strike them. You can get nearly null deployments. You can tailor your list on the fly to your enemy army. Daemons are pretty good.

Hey guys. So I started building Skitarii a little bit before 8th edition hit, and subsequently stopped til I knew what was going on. As far as I know, the Adeptus book hasn't dropped yet? Or has it? I'm pretty keen on all the new rules so far, for the most part, but the list building seems entirely different than what I was working with in the past. So far I have

20x Skitarii Rangers/Vanguard (I haven't glued weapons or heads on them since I'm not sure what I should give them)
2x Dominus Tech Priests
2x Onagers

I figured I wanna work around 1000 points or so just to get a feel for the game again, since its been a while. Any tips on what weapons are good in this edition? It seems like they buffed Plasma Calivers and the Transaurinic sniper rifle. And rumors of the Electropriests being really good?
Pic related, the color scheme I'm working with.

>deamons are a good supplement to CSM or a monobuild with horrors.
Fify

It's about to drop.

Nids are supposed to get their own book sometime this year, we'll see what secrets they 've got. I hope they fucked into a warp hole and came out slaaneshi so they're even more like Starcraft now.

I should. At 3 they're pretty much a suicide squad anyway.

Even though >muh fluff.

The Nazi IGfag actually predates the current wave of shitty guard spam. I know RGG does as well, but he's actually involved in the current wave unlike Nazi guy. I remember seeing the Nazi guy first post like 2+ years ago and people freaking out due to his Nazi paraphernalia.

>>yfw ADB creates a mary sue tyranid waifu who's perspective is the basis for a new series expounding on Tyranid lore
>>Edited by Robin Cruddace

Did they change how summoning works or do you still need characters to do it?

I wouldn't call reserving 1500 points a "supplement".

Thanks user. Is the smaller category of base, like the Sentinel?
The Sentinel should be the same size of the bloat drone - are they all the same?
Sadly, the new size of the marines threw me off balance, I used to be able to get the base size on the spot.

You still need characters, but that's not an issue with FW helpfully giving us 30 point characters.

Kerrigan 40k eddition.

No, you'd call it a shit list.

As long as they don't go full anime like blizz did with SC2, I'd be okay with it. Brood War was pretty good story wise.

Sentinel would be great afaik.

Is there a downside to taking your existing units and putting them into as many detachments as possible for the CP?

nice

Question for you guys
I'm incredibly fucking indecisive and am looking to build a SM army, but can't decide between an established chapter or making my own, any advice? besides not playing spess mahreens

A unit can only be in one detachment user.

But there is no downside to maximizing detachments.

I will mix several bits and lots of exhausts but I needed the size.
I start the bit hunt. Thank you.