Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tidy Edition

>Mars
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/forge-world-focus-mars-sep-11gw-homepage-post-4/
>Graia
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/12/forge-world-focus-graia-sep-12gw-homepage-post-4/
>Metalica
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/13/forge-world-focus-metalica-sep13gw-homepage-post-4/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Last Thread (also reveals if pasta is up-to-date)

Ferst fer da Orks.

First for I cant wait to field this fucker in 8th.

Something's coming.

Guard hopes and dreams?

>'Ard boyz
Hope the codex gives us these back.

So now monsters and vehicles and other big stuff works much the same way, how do you refer to different tiers of power now? My group has taken to using ship classes like in Uber, where something huge like a Primarch or a Knight is a Battleship, something merely big like a Leviathan Dread or Land Raider is a Cruiser and light/medium stuff like Preds, Dreads and Carnifexes are Destroyers.

Mostly because saying "Anti-armour/monster" for units is a little clunky and it's a good way to roughly estimate list power without actually telling your opponent your stuff. You have three Cruisers? OK, I'll bring Cawl along.

Fires of Cyraxus can't come soon enough.

Nearly finished with this conversion of the venerable Doomrider.
Just waiting on one more bit, and gonna do more work on the left leg and hand once its dried up a bit.
Intend to run him as a Demon Prince with wings to lead my hard rock themed Emperor's Children. Not quite as tall as the official model, but anyone who accuses me of modelling for advantage is welcome to line of sight.

woops, forgot to add a pic

Apparently not till after Codex Tau
So not anytime soon

>Given that orks are good with the Index theres no way they'll be getting worse.

The only part of the Ork codex that's good is Boyz spam. If that gets nerfed, which is looking pretty likely given the word on conscripts, and the rest of the massive issues in the codex don't get addressed, Orks are very much going to get worse.

that's actually sorta cool

Well, early to mid 2018 with any luck. After waiting this long it could be worse.

DONT GET RID OF SHOTGUN VETERANS, PLEASE, I BET YOU.
YES I KNOW GW DOESN'T PUT THAT OPTION IN THE KIT BUT PLEASE.

Grinding Advance for the Baneblade family, some Mech/Armoured Regiment rules and/or buffs for pic related.

Give Vets 4+ armor. Justify the Elite slot with something.

I have want to paint something in a gaudy chrome finish. Necrons and Grey Knights are overdone, so what should I paint?

Thinking that maybe a Custodes or Sisters of Silence might look amazingly awful in chrome, but what else is there?

Necron Codex and plastic Flayed Ones when???

So who makes the best video battle reports?

>It could be worse
Please don't tempt fate any further, user.

I painted my bananamen silver-chrome, with blue gems and black accents. Looks pretty good.

Searching chrome 40k stuff on google yields
GKs, Necrons, Tau, daemon

Necron Codex not anytime soon

>ork and tyranid players enjoying an intense back and forth game where no one seems to be winning
>suddenly a khornefag shows up with the cheesiest WAAC list you can imagine and interrupts the match, claiming he just steamrolled every other opponent he faced
>ork and tyranid players accept challenge and face this insufferable faggot while still fighting each other
>khornefag grows increasingly frustrated as his cheeselist gets stalemated
>suddenly packs up all of his models and claims his mom is here and he has to leave
>counts all the slain models in his army as victory points for him since "le blood for de blud God!"
>khornefag claims he won despite both orks and tyranid armies still being on the table while he is nowhere to be seen
>ork and tyranid players gentlemanly agree to call it a draw
>NUH-UH YOU FAGGOTS DIDNT WIPE OUT MY WHOLE ARMY AND I KNOW I LEFT AND FAILED TO WIPE OUT YOUR ARMIES EITHER BUT YOU LOST!

This is why chaosfags are the worst

How's the First Strike starter set?

I like Winters SEO desu, he gives a calm voiceover throwing in some dramatics to give a bit of flair over just dry dicerolls and generally gets some alright dudes on to play against.

FLG guys are right
Death Guard is a funny name. Sounds like a slow emo was asked to name it.
Hmm :thinking:

Not even a IG player but yes.

Doctrines and multiple Demo charges would be nice, otherwise I hope they have the option to be Troops again. It is hard for me to justify using Veterans when Scions are troops and command squads are also Elites.

what a faggot

Any way to deal with flyers as space marines? (Without just running 13 storm ravens)

I keep getting shat all over by flyers I can do nothing about.

Chaos has always been like that, even in "official" shit. They show up, win a few battles, lose the war, declare victory and bounce.
When was the last time a campaign had the Imperium truly on the offensive? It's always set up so when Chaos gets made airtight by the gorillion Marine players the chaosfags can still go "well we invaded and got a foothold on the planet durr hurr, the fighting continues."

Shoot them

You have been replied to in the previous thread. Chaos won. Orks too and Tyranids straight out lost.

You could not debunk this. You are a loser and a salty bitch as I said in the other thread.

Baneblades don't need Grinding Advance though.

Forge World still sells the Shotgun Kit, so GW has no reason to dump Shotgun Vets.

Squatted and replaced with a more interesting army

>be me
>live in Germany under Mommy Merkel (peace be upon her name)
>play TSons
>best friend plays Grey Knights
>he loves to homebrew
>one day he comes to me with some new psychic powers based off of old ones from back in 3e
>one of them is called Holocaust
>awkward but ok
>we play
>he tries to cast the power while we're in combat
>I roll to deny the witch with one of my sorcerers
>success
>hear a knock on the door
>open it
>get tackled by large burly muslim men in uniform who handcuff me
>get sent to jail under Holocaust denial laws
I-it wasn't supposed to end up like this Veeky Forums......

I just realized that since Enginseers are now HQs I can easily make a detachment of basilisks or other arty for an Ordo Reductor list.

But how are you going to model all the COCAAAAAAAAIIIIIINE?

>Doctrines
You're dreaming. You'll get cookie cutter regiments and you'll like it!

>Horus completely obliterated, all chaos forces routed from terra and mars, traitors asses kicked all the way back to the eye of terror
>chaos claims this as a victory because they ruined the imperium and condemned it to a slow decline

>Fagnus BTFO by a dreadnought
>chaosfags claim victory because they ruined the space wolves chance as successor chapters

>Fagnus brings his whole legion to fenris, has 7 year old kid level forecefield spell that makes him immune to all imperial weapons, still gets rekt by a chapter master with a khorne axe and grey knights, fenris cleared of taint in years and space wolves come back even stronger after primaris marines
>chaos claims this was a victory because they teleported their planet into real space

I bet DG fags are gonna claim Morty won at ultramar because they spread a bunch of disease, even though he ran away like a bitch under the cover of virus bombs when he faced guilliman

>non-monopose flayed ones with customizable corpse attachments and stuffs
GW please

I doubt doctrines will be a thing from the way the other codexes have looked. They might get expanded wargear options and a couple of stratagems to represent doctrines.

He could probably use Valhallan blizzard to create a trail of it or something along those lines

During the Konor campaign I ran into a few chaosfags that argued that chaos shouldn't have to get to 50% to control an area because "they just want to watch the galaxy burn, all they have to do is cause damage to win".

It was a draw. This whole chaos won, orks and tyranids lost shit was debunked months ago. You are the salty faggot who can't even accept a draw when 99.9% of them mood crusades battles were crushing victories. You've said literally nothing that would convince anyone that chaos or tyranids outright lost the battle. Nothing.

What do you think all the mounds on the base are for user? It's not snow flock....

>>chaos claims this as a victory because they ruined the imperium and condemned it to a slow decline

Actually, the Chaos Gods claimed victory by destroying the Webway and defeating the Emperor. It's outright said that they don't care for Horus's little war. He was but a distraction.

They meant for another to usher in the End Times and his name is Abaddon.

>Magnus

He sucked always did but we see here that you lied. You should be punished for that.

>fenris cleared of taint in years and space wolves come back even stronger after primaris marines

Magnus tainted the populations of Fenris with taint of mutation and madness. The taint will never go away as long as the people of Fenris live. It's an evil seed that will spread into the ranks of the Space Wolves and doom them eventually as their ranks are filled with madmen and true ticking bomb mutants.

What? They sound like a bunch of idiots. Why do I have to be associated with so many WAACfags and autists just to play cool looking dudes?

So you met ADB?

>t. Carnac

I am willing to accept a draw, idiot. I am arguing against the idiot that's saying that the Blood Crusade lost.

>You've said

Go back to the old thread.

How angery would you bois be if someone showed up with a fully painted angry marines army and said "up for a quick game?"

Cuz I am actually going to do this. No jokes.

You mean GW. You want me to copypasta the lore from Wrath of Magnus or the text from MoM?

*orks or tyranids. Literally nowhere in the fluff does it say the Xenos lost, or even imply they lost. You have a very retarded definition of loss if you think a force completely leaving the battlefield counts as a win while the 2 forces who were originally there, and their commanders, are both left standing to continue the octarius war but somehow lost. Accept it was a draw or stay assblasted. It really makes no difference to me what you chose as headcanon

Hey guys. I recently started playing warhammer and I painted my first figure today. What do you guys think?

is the other way Carnac

As long as they're well painted and didn't look like their flesh was sloughing off then I wouldn't give a shit.

Of course it's Carnac, user. Just by saying "you're a liar so you need to be punished" or anything close to an accusation of lying followed by a desire for "justice" it becomes clear that it's him.

Its the "usher in the End Times" nonsense that makes it clear it's Carnac

The helmet is a bit boring with just a solid color. At least do some highlights or something with the eyes.

Looks fairly decent, though the eyes seem unpainted and the base could also use some painting. Can't really tell if there are mold-lines.

decent

But he is a liar. Are you willing to take up the burden of his lies? Because I am gonna copypasta the text in a few minutes.

I am not welcome there after the trap wars.

I did the eyes in gold but its not really visible with this lighting

Better than my first miniature/10

So how do you do a ylw scheme? Because I understand that this is a legitimate thing that happens, and I want my guys to be somewhat appreciable

>the trap wars
I uhhh.... what?
>carnac is so prolific of a shitposter that Veeky Forums isn't the only board that hates him

>I am not welcome there after the trap wars.
Why would Traps be on /lgbt/ anyway?

Replying to Carnac should be a bannable offense, it does nothing but shit up threads. No matter how
Many times he's proven wrong he'll just lie and spout his headcanon as absolute truth.

Obviously. I'm just trying to point out that with how he says things alone you can tell, even if he's not talking about "end times this, end times that"
I'm not saying anything about the substance of your statements, Carnac. Stop trying to jump onto me and cause arguments.

>implying it wouldn't be simpler to ban Carnac and be done with it.

You managed to capture the pose from that old piece of fan art perfectly...
Which is also the pose for The Chad Stride.
10/10

Prime white, yellow or tan.

You have no idea how easy it is to ban evade. I'd be unsurprised if Carnac was evading a rangeban right now.

Ah, alrighty then. I guess it would probably be better to see it in person. Again though, I'd recommend doing the base and then maybe cleaning the edge of the base. It'd really help, and make that special base not go to waste.

Pretty clever joke.
I remember the power, it was like a large blast template in combat right?
Always thought it was a bit of a risky name.

Could anyone with a Space Marine codex let me know if any special rules for Black Templar are in it, or will they be getting their own edition?

Black Templars are in the SM codex as usual.

>I am willing to accept the draw

Oh that's funny, because just a few posts earlier you said

>Chaos won. Orks too and Tyranids straight out lost

As a response to a post calling the battle a draw.

Don't even need more copypastas for this one, Carnac caught lying again despite throwing a bitchfit over other people lying. Not only is he a liar but also a hypocrite and he deserves to be punished.

Because you are a coward more willing to muddy the waters instead of engaging in proper gentlemanly discussion. Anyways....

>There were those born of Fenris, yet not taken into the ranks of the Sky Warriors, who somehow overcame the Daemon interlopers that hurled fire and damnation into their midst. Whether by fieldcraft, stealth or might of arms they had wrested victory against the odds, but they were forever changed. Veteran huscarls walked back to their kin with axes held loosely and a blank stare in their eyes. Glory-hungry youths were ravaged horribly by what they saw. Shieldmaidens slunk as stooped as crones to sleepless beds. These were the lucky ones, for they were at least sound in body if not in mind.

>So profound and powerful were the energies of change that roiled across the planet that those mortals touched directly by Tzeentch’s fires underwent terrible transformations. Gangling mutations erupted from bronzed and weather-beaten flesh, eyes bulged from armpits and backs, and crests of feathers and quills ran down shaven scalps and shoulders. Some lost their cohesion of form altogether, reshaped into horrible spawn-things that defied description and damaged the sanity of all who witnessed their transformation. Those born under the unnatural skies were monstrous. Even those who seemed clean of limb, when given the birth-axe, not only grasped the weapon – as was only right and favoured – but used it to hack away at their shocked parents’ hands. Who knows how many young Fenrisian warriors who appeared whole and sound would grow with a hidden seed of change planted inside them that would one day bear shocking fruit.

Thanks, after posting this I suddenly realised how retarded it was not checking 1d4chan first.

Better than mine.

So much for
>The taint will never go away as long as the people of Fenris live.

In response to the guy saying Blood Crusade. If they want to continue we can analyse what was gained and what was lost. Only Chaos and Orks fgained from the conflict. The Tyranids got NOZING.

And stop lying. I am in the middle of disprving your earlier lie.

>The Fenrisian tribes had been cursed. It was a calculated and deliberate bane sent upon them by Magnus the Red, for his Legion had been riddled by the flesh-change long ago; in part that was the very reason they had sought to master the arts that saw them persecuted. The rampant mutation did not go unnoticed by the agents of the Ordo Hereticus still monitoring the Fenris System for traces of Chaos taint. In the darkness of secret psykana sanctums, astropathic missives were sent screaming out across the void.

Woofs have the Flesh Change now. Hurrah for irony!

>Many times he's proven wrong he'll just lie and spout his headcanon as absolute truth.

Not as close as many times you were proven liars!

So much for being patient.

Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d6)

>just trying to point out that you usually mention certain things when trying to say others are wrong, which is most of the time, without arguing against you or anything
>get insulted for not entering an argument I wasn't trying to join
Fuck off and die, Carnac. I cast smite.

Success! D3 mortal wounds please

Rolled 2 (1d3)

Trying to decide on my next Chaos warband. dubs decide which Traitor Legion I go.

Like I said muddying the waters. A deplorable tactic. You are scum, sir!

Thousand My Wife's Sons

Start a New thread. Carnac has already shit this one up.

The Armless Legion

Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d6)

Supporting in casting Smite.

What's stopping him from jumping into the next one?

I had a guy arguing that the Imperium didnt really win because they lost three 'important' planets and chaos did because of the destruction they caused.

Better than my first figure.

Rolled 5 + 1 (1d6 + 1)

Success, d6+1 Mortal wounds due to Pandemic Staff's + 1 on Psychic tests.

So Black Legion it is.