Confessions

Veeky Forums confessional. You know what it is.
>Right or wrong, I engage in lengthy arguments I know will go nowhere because I'm too stubborn to quit
>Sometimes I just want to walk away from my games and never look back, despite how much I enjoy them

Other urls found in this thread:

f-list.net/
exhentai.org/s/4320b2bdf9/882638-28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I become known as one of my groups best DMs after we kicked the first one.
I'm known for planning out the session and events.
>I make most of it up on the spot. I just know how to push my players into making it work out and be badass while doing it.

Just so it don't seem like I'm bragging, I'm not the best, just known as the best who is willing to DM. After our first DAM said he needs a break a retard became DM. Then I took over cuz he sucked.

I cannot into long term campaigns: if I try to go further than 3 or 4 sessions, I lose interest and stop planning the skeleton of the game and everything stops.

For the first time, I actually stopped replying to a group chat completely after I lost interest in the game. I feel bad that I didn't even justify my stopping responding. Then again, the guys didn't contact me per PM so I suppose they weren't too concerned about me stopping showing up.

Lastly, I am the cause of most of the drama in another group. I was very cross that the other players all seemed to be so connected to the goings-on that I threw a mild tantrum and briefly shat all over the game. Not proud of that moment at all.

I continue to return back to this message board over and over again in order to argue pointlessly about the same topics as nauseum despite it rather demonstrably exacerbating my existing mental health problems and causing my actual life to deteriorate as a result.

Last year I was in a long term relationship, living in a penthouse in another country, working full time in law and studying a CS degree, had a hugely active social life and was 140 lbs, had cut out drink and drugs, had 15 k savings.

Then I started going on tg a lot.

Now I'm unemployed, penniless, 180 lbs , single, drink a lot, living with my parents and the only time I go out is to play warhammer.

I don't like games, tabletop, roleplaying, board or video games, I don't enjoy playing. But I like reading the stories here and fap to elves.

Being forever-DM is suffering, so we elected to have a player take a turn GMing

His progress has basically stopped, and its been months. Everytime I ask he pulls it out and works on it for like 15 minutes to get me off his back then stops when I leave

I don't wanna act like a fuckin mom and constantly watch over his shoulder but I do wanna play so its kinda a fucked either way situation

Damn man I hope you are just fishing (You)s.
I have a hard time imagining how someone can go from that successful and
in order to that messed up because of a mongolian basket weaving board about
make believe table games

I don't think I was happy , the lifestyle I was leading was good on paper but exhausting, I had no time for things like gaming i actually enjoyed because of constant parties and events, work and girlfriend duties etc, I was tired all of the time, I was miserable in my job and didn't enjoy what I was studying just doing it for future $$$ so I dived into comfort of the board as a way to deal with it rather than actually face the issues , it wasn't booze but it was a slippery slope as it were . I actually made a few shit posts here about it and everyone told me to leave my girlfriend...so I kinda did.

I'm probably more content now than I ever have been though honestly.

I constantly feel like the best DM/Player there could be.
I look at people like Colville and Mercer, I have played with many different IRL DMs and watch D&D on twitch all the time, and it always feels
like such a bad and stupid way to play D&D.
The thing is that these last few years being ridiculously anti-social has prohibited me from DMing and playing. My spaghetti levels have gone off the chart.

Other people's games and way of playing always feel so weak and wrong. How the fuck does anyone find 5es wild sorcerer's
wild magic table so "le fun haha xD". 95% of items in D&D have always been these stupid meme shits you see
in cartoons for 5 year olds; the ones where wizards have pointy hats and blue robes, and every barbarian is Schwarzenegger.
How can someone unironically enjoy playing or leading these kinds of adventures?

The confession is that I'm doubting myself as a human being because of this. It's much more likely there something really wrong with me
rather than that I am truly the top1% of DMs/Players but just can't seem to play atm because of aforementioned anti-social stuff.

Usually people tend to shit on people they're jealous of, could be that tbqh famalam

I constantly fear that my friends don't like my games when I gm and they just do it to shut me up despite the fact they keep volunteering for the games.

I also feel I'm the best DM/player out there.

Although I unironically like the wild magic table.

I think this means we have to fight to the death.

I really want to start an online gaming group as a DM, but I change what systems and rules I like on the fly constantly in my head, can't decide on good setting details, and am overly picky with player characters.

It's almost like I want to be a forever gameless DM.

How is this a confessional? Are you actually the DM in this story?

I suggested that the DM geld one of the PCs for attempted rape of a princess. The DM then did it, but gelded all of the PCs except mine. (Was playing this dirty bounty hunter)

To this day none of them know it was me that suggested it.

>I am Brax, Master of Eunches. Look on my works, ye mighty and despair.

I'm starting to think that my inability to find a game that lasts reflects more on me than anything else.

steven you fuck

Come on, this is obvious bullshit.

try running 1 shot campaigns. Get little short ones online or buy a few books. Something you can beat in 1 or 2 sessions. 2 or 3 if your push it. 4 if you dick around.

4e is still my favorite edition of d&d and is the only one I will run because it's the only one I feel comfortable enough to dm for. I haven't been dm in a long time because no one I know wants to play 4e.

I know exactly what die I have to roll, but I keep asking my DM which one because I know it irks him

I wish it was... Though I suppose we live in a cynical age where anything vaguely sincere isn't to be believed.

I like devils in sundresses.

Fuck you Kevin

I actually want to play a fetish oriented campaign.

I want to play tabletop games with meatspace strangers as a way to meet and make friends with people around me. (I have none.)

Instead I keep running games for my college friends online, who are great players and fun to talk to and always an IM away, but aren't meatspace friends nearby, and aren't new.

have you tried f-list?

I don't like RNG, including dice, and it drives me to min-max to reduce (or if possible, eliminate) the effect the roll has on the outcome.

You poor unfortunate soul.

I'm a talentless hack who can't into creativity for years now and have based vast amounts of the current sci-fi campaign on Trials in Tainted Space.

And by "based" and "vast amounts" I actually mean copied and majority.

And like a retard I forgot to spoiler the image.

I flirt with other characters because it's cute/funny to see the players get all hot and bothered.

So is this like a Magical Realm sort of deal or what?

Hey man, usually I'm just happy to have a table to play at. I'm sure you're fine.

The campaign or the source material?

Campaign.

No.

wew

I love crunch, I think it's fun as long as it serves a purpose and works well for you at the table.

I also primarily play for "the story" in the sense of finding out what happens through "sim" play. I play for the characters, their drama, and their struggles.

The combination of the above two things means almost none of my posts on the subject goes unattacked.

Having varied interests is apparently anathema to RPG forums.

I simply cannot play a game without having regrets later of how it went, and the small amount of times this not happens I can't but think that it was partially thanks to luck and/or others, not me.

You're the ugly one. The reason the act the way they do is because they don't want to hurt your feelings by telling you the truth: you're awkward and weird and just being around you is unpleasant.

Whenever there's an option for an 'alternative class progression' or 'prestige class' or even 'substitute levels' I always take it. I like feeling special.

I get into lore discussions and sometimes even shitpost about rules on games I don't actually play.

>I get into lore discussions and sometimes even shitpost about rules on games I don't actually play.
PROTIP: That describes a majority of Veeky Forums

Wow. That is either balls of steel or desperation.

Correlation is not causation, mate

Sticks and stones, user.

Isn't the story the main reason to play? An RPG with an awful story isn't very fun.

I put magical realm stuff into every one of my characters regardless of it will ever actually come up.

>I have many connected daydreams with a plot, have felt deep feels with them and have ruined the whole thing with a resurrection arc
>for my post-apocalyptic campaign, I base a lot of the scenery and locations off of Garrys Mod maps

I have zero confidence in my ability to roleplay or be a useful part of the team, and I'm also certain my lack of confidence only worsens things.

Also, I really liked this one guy everybody else hated, and he got kicked.

>The combination of the above two things means almost none of my posts on the subject goes unattacked.
That's gay, it's literally one of the most common views on Veeky Forums. Probably you're just abrasive about it.

>Having varied interests is apparently anathema to RPG forums.
Heh. 2 of my favorite RPGs are Apocalypse World, and D&D 3.5. That should give you an idea of how schizo my interests are.

>tfw I realized that I've had more successful games on f-list than real life
Hold me.

I made a setting using influences from pol. Black people were orks and elves were jews.

:¬|

I've ruined my local game store. This week, we've finally hit 60% of the table space of the store, taken up with our various world in flames games, and I'm the one who started dragging people in at random to try to learn the game.

I haven't actually put any effort into DMing. I ran a game that I did some prep on, while we had other games that I could play in, but the rest of the group all desided to drop their games for various "reasons," and exclusively play mine. Since then, I've half assed four games simultaneously in an attempt to get my group to get off their lazy asses and let me play.

It worked. Now I can cut the fat and focus my half assery into a single game, and be PC again.

I once left and ghosted an online group i had been GMing. And it wasn't a rando-group on the third session, but a relatively long-running one, nearing its second year for me and two players and in it's third campaign.
It wasn't even that intentional: Because of some pretty BS sounding reasons i had to bail on sessions last minute two or three weeks in a row and then i didn't have the motivation to run the week after so i just didn't log into Skype, and after that the shame and embarrassment was too much to ever get back on.
I kinda hate myself for being such a coward, instead of ripping of that band-aid, saying 'Sorry Guys' and getting a bit of shit i still have regrets and feel bad years later.

I don't know if this picture is supposed to show empathy, sympathy or antipathy, but i'll take the (you) anyway...

I dislike railroading, I think it stifles creativity, and makes the player's actions moot.

That said, my confession is That I know exactly how the campaign will end, with minor room for variation in it's ending. They still have freedom on the journey, but it will lead them to the ending I have planned.

That picture hurt.

>I know exactly how the campaign will end, with minor room for variation in it's ending.
What exactly do you mean? Do you mean
>Everything, from fights to new characters to everything else is meticulously planned so that the players have no choice but to follow this exact plan with no deviations
or
>The start, major points and the ending are planned, but the ways to reach them are free for the players to choose
Because you could call both railroads, but the second one is FAR better than the first one

Vorefag her.
Never had a chance to play with other vorefags and do a bio-dungeon ala-Jabu-Jabu style.

a la you uncultured anglo

What is f-list? May have interest.

Oh, the second one. The in between is aaaaaall the players, but it will ultimately lead to the BBEG, and the ending I have planned.

i want to play warhammer at a GW store but i always feel out of place and like an unwated stranger.
I have a room and a table at my house but my roommate never seems to want to play and my brother only plays on his days off of work. even then 80% of the time my bro just stays at his house smoking pot and sleeping.
i dm for a good group that gets together every other month it seems. when i try to pickup a group at my local game store i again feel out of place. i thought that i was more social than this

f-list.net/
Online ERP community where you can make profiles with all your kinks and turn-offs, seek other people with similar interests and roleplay with them

I fudge rolls to try and make the players experience more fun

I keep posting about political shit here because I long for a discussion with someone who disagrees with me but is willing to actually engage in an well spirited argument instead of the sort of retarded shitflinging that goes on in /pol/.
I also keep getting banned for it.

t. Nazi Finn
inb4 I get banned for this

>I keep posting about political shit here
>well spirited argument instead of the sort of retarded shitflinging that goes on in /pol/.
user, are you dumb?
Do you think people willing to make well spirited arguments will argue with you? No, they will keep silent and hope you shut up.
Do you know who will reply to political shit? People that want to do retarded shitflinging

Fudging roles is fine, but if your doing it a lot I think that means your designing encounters poorly.

I have actually had very good political arguments here on Veeky Forums, for example the nature of parliamentary democracy and how it is a flawed system.
Far better than I have had on any other board.
Even if the discussions stay completely civil, I usually still get banned tho.

This

design your encounters/challenges/whatever so that you don't NEED fudging. If you need to fudge, do so, note what went wrong and try to incorporate it in future plans

I can't into emotions or personalities, so I've basically given up on making anything other than sheets of numbers and maybe a random picture stuck on. That's a lie I tell myself to avoid facing my own laziness. Which is also the reason I have shelves full of RPG material I haven't read and a bunch of campaign ideas that haven't gone any further than a vague outline on a bit of paper.
Sometimes I worry I've forgotten how to be creative.

Is that a thicc Tomoko?

>Is that a thicc Tomoko?
exhentai.org/s/4320b2bdf9/882638-28

Thanks! We talking about DnD, pathfinder, GURPS RP stuff, or freeform?

That fully depends on what the rest of you want to play. Basically it's a forum with multi-person chats that also gives you the ability to mark down your kinks so that like-minded people can find you

That sounds pretty cool! Final question...
Can it be done on mobile? I am rather constantly on the move, phone is pretty easy for me.

Chats? Is there an option for PbP?

I think so. My only knowledge is second-hand

I dont really plan things out and I still chastise my players for not putting enough work in preparing for a session. I pretty much just wing it and they love it anyway. I guess Ive been at this too long.

>I have actually had very good political arguments here on Veeky Forums
No you haven't. You're an idiot so you think you have, but any true intellectual would liken your arguments to a farting contest in the sewers.

I use real life issues as my venting point in tabletop. My character is a killthepoor character and i run campaigns in shadowrun where the johnson has some sort of kill the homeless job

You're a faggot and it has nothing to do with Veeky Forums. You lost all that shit because of you and your choices, dipshit. Please stab yourself a couple times in the stomach.

Most likely a tolerated creep whom everyone would wish would get his head out of his ass enough to consider how uncomfortable he makes others.

I've never actually played a tabletop RPG before.

I dislike my best friend's characters in my games and I can't tell him because he will be hurt.
He is always so excited about his characters and they suck and he always plays himself with a big quirk when he pretends to roleplay.

I don't know what to do.

I feel the same way constantly. I am doing this for 14 years and I never saw anyone coming close to my abilities. Sometimes I see potential but then it weavers.
I am stuck as forever DM and i was told countless times I am the best at it. But its getting dry for me, I want a DM good as me to run a campaign where I am the player.

I play Heroclix...

>I want a DM good as me to run a campaign where I am the player.
you want a good GM? Train one. Get one of the players you know that is enthusiastic and shows potential and teach him. Let him GM. When he makes mistakes help him. When he doesn't know what to do give him advice. Generally try to increase his ability. Maybe he won't reach your standards. Maybe he will surpass them. But in any case you now have a chance to be a player

I genuinely enjoy 1d4chan.

Mage Knight is better fgt

>he

Kinda the opposite. Started browsing Veeky Forums as a kissless virgin neet.

Now I'm in a long term relationship, and thinking about when I'm going to pop the question. I own a house and just landed my long time dream job.

I still get irrationally angry about elves though.

I still have flash backs to the first and only time I played mage knight. It took us 13 hours.

I've never hated a game so much in my life despite winning .

I think there's actually an app.

>I routinely GM drunk/high
>I put way, way more effort into creating fictional cuisines than is necessary or sane
>One time, my friend and I made a setting, a city-state roughly based on medieval Venice. Early on we had a neat idea that we both knew was magical realm but threw in anyway because it fit the tone and themes very well. As we developed the setting, we kept having more ideas for it and what started as a minor facet of the world ballooned into an important part of the setting's culture. To date, it was the best setting either of us have ever made

Good point.
As sick qs the double standard is, if a chick is doing it, she'd get away with it scott free.