Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Does your character have a cute little sister/daughter? What's she like?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/PjmCrwJR
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y_rOy8nqvWqhezriURxNtFXRrRTRlGvY2WHodPpjlmY/edit?usp=sharing
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/
twitter.com/JasonBulmahn/status/908031058897076224
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do single target blastign spells suck so much ass? The only relatively decent one is hidden away in a random tiny source book that some GMs might not even allow

Hey so I got somewhat of a dilemma

I'm playing a level 2 Duskblade in 3.5, but my DM just approved me for a Stalker from the path of war from pathfinder. Now I can either begin crossclass into it, or just redo my character and go for 3 levels of the stalker

And I was the one asking about recreating Baiken
>
>
and I'm gonna be doing this >The DM said I could remake my character using this if I came in with the new character sheet to support it and proper source material which is the east part, but I'm just wondering if I should dip into it, or say fuck my duckblade and go full Bushi Stalker

Because the game is balanced around you being a blaster and doing hp damage like a retard.

She's actually the cute younger sister! Not younger by much, though.

I don't want no shitty fireballs. I want precision killing magic. Some fucker looks at me funny? I want him dead, without the entire street exploding

use phantasmal killer then.

Save or die is for plebs

make a magus and forget about weaboo fightan bullcrap

Battering blast him into the ground and drop a deadfall on him

Well I only asked him about the stalker so I'm not even sure he would approve it since he wants to keep it to 3.5 material and he decided on a 1-20 dice roll if he would even allow me to use this

GM doesn't allow Battering Blast. If he doesn't own the book, apparently it doesn't exist. Otherwise I wouldn't be complaining about the lack of decent single target spells

Send him the PDF or just trawl the books he does own.

my bad, i thought you were converting to PF
your DM is a madman for allowing anything from that book (unless other players are already using the similar one for 3.5)

He's allowing the Arcane Archer to use to spell progression of a PF Arcane Archer, but other then that he would like to keep it to 3.5 content. I managed to convince him that I wanted to use this class cause it's similar to swordsage, but I've already played swordsage and warblade and these Pathfinder classes like the stalker I want to use are just the PF versions of the tome of battle and they would be a much better fit for my inspired build from that video game character so he let it slide

But he was curious if I was gonna dip into for multiclassing or just go all in with this and make a new character sheet

AH, yes. My Wizard's daughter. After he finally manned up and married his rival from mage academy (she started off as an antagonist, but eventually joined the party for....reasons.), in the epilogue we had everyone say what their characters were doing. Naturally, the two ended up having a daughter....though she ended up being a bit spoiled, considering she was the only child of two high level wizards. Happens sometimes.

In another game my wizard had a daughter with a sphinx in the epilogue, she'll be showing up as an NPC in my current campaign eventually.

So Disintegrate?

I see 2hu isn't banned again.

No, your grace, I did not know they were topless dancers. Well, they certainly helped raise a lot of money for the church.

It dont know, they were all sold due the excessive superplus of children.

In a less-optimized campaign, is it better to avoid "great" options and intentionally gimp yourself, or to go for more flavorful things, playing a real character?

You can massage blast spells into being effective, but it does take a lot of work.

Well he has a daughter buuuut... She's not cute.

>daughter
Confirmed cute.

I am playing a Mystic in a game, 1st level going into our third session. I have been swamped and not read the class as well as I should before choosing it right before the first session. As of session 2 I have fully understood the randomized maneuver mechanic, but at the same time I realized I fucked up how the animus pool works. Just to make sure I have it down.

So with my 14 Wisdom I would enter combat with 3 animus points (1+2) and every time I use a maneuver it goes up by 1. There is no maximum value for this pool.

At 1st level I can spend at most 1 animus point.

Maneuvers that allow augmentation with animus points state how many can be used for the effect.

I can use 1 point per maneuver to boost the DC or increase a d20 roll. I can augment a maneuver and use a second point to give the class feature bonus on the same maneuver.

When I use blade meditation, I spend 1 animus point and then gain all readied maneuvers left at once then expend them. I then choose two new readied maneuvers of my choice at the end of my turn. If I had 3 points in my pool, I would spend 1 animus point and deal 2d6 damage of my chosen energy type to attackers until my next turn.

Bait.jpeg

Yes, two daughters in fact and since one of those daughters is also my character in a separate campaign it's a yes to having a sister too.

Though I'd call her more pretty than cute

Holy fuck that picture is CUTE.

Maybe I should get into pathfinder.

You also get 1 animus at the start of each turn after the first, meaning you can gain up to 2 animus/turn.

Not a d20 roll, every d20 associated with that maneuver. Granted most only need one roll, unless you're making multiple attacks.

No, you cannot combine augmentations. You either use the maneuvers built in augment, or your mystic augment.

You don't choose the two new readied maneuvers after Blade Meditation, you just get the two that are always readied.

Also useful for dealing with swarms and DR. You can spend an animus point to convert all damage done by maneuver into energy damage of your active energy type.

If that's the daughter, she's pretty damn cute. Would go deus vult with.

No dottir yet. She's on the way. Twinned summoner eidolon + some weird magic makes for fun.

She was abandoned into the forest to die of starbation ot eaten by wolves.

Just getting into Pathfinder. People tell me that it's a lot more customizable and, if you know the rules well enough, will allow you to make almost any character.

How does one make a good-aligned Undead wielder?

Essentially, my character is a being that wants to make an army of light by reviving all of the greatest heroes from across the lands. However, I can't find a non-evil way of using undead? Best I can find is Neutral who specializes in evil magics.

Anyone help a newb out?

Suggest to me the most powerful healer/buffer battery build possible at 4th level, assuming 28 point buy (ridiculous), third-party materials, and any race available.

It's that thing I told you I was gonna make a while ago! Yes, I know it's not Soulforger PT2 - I'm working on that. But in the meantime: time for CURSES THAT MAKE YOU STRONGER.

>Curse Break spell v1 (SSDK Materials)
pastebin.com/PjmCrwJR

This is a short little cutie of a spell that, for the price of disabling either your Revelations or your Spellcasting, temporarily removes the negative effects of your Oracle's Curse and replaces them with a nice benefit. You can either gain a buff similar in power to the penalties you could inflict with Bestow Curse (such as +6 to an ability score, or +4 to a fuckton of rolls), or you can take one of the new options that turn your Oracle's Curse into something absolutely fucking horrifying to behold. Thought Haunted was the most boring curse in the world? Wrong. Are you a masochist who's suffered through being Deaf or mostly blind all he campaign? Now you get to share that with everyone else instead. All the APG curses, and some others, have been turned into neat options for you to unleash horror upon your enemies with. Check it out!

Thanks!

reposting:

Sup /pfg/, two threads ago I was talking about making an antimage sort and someone mentioned the overwatch style feats - well, I made characters who use it - basically the same character, but one as a Slayer and the other, a Fighter. I know this isn't the absolute 100% best I could do (probably wanna be a human for that, not to mention the needlessly high int) but I made a few RP choices as well; also, it goes without saying, the item purchases are just preliminary for now - the whole thing is,really. You can see the concentration checks required near the items,in the "story notes" section.Any suggestions?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y_rOy8nqvWqhezriURxNtFXRrRTRlGvY2WHodPpjlmY/edit?usp=sharing
>the Slayer build

>the Fighter build

yes, the god's name is lifted straight from Warhammer Fantasy - Skaven are apparently the only fleshed out ratmen in fantasy.

Use spheres of power as your magic system. Focus in the Death sphere. Done.

Ask your GM to make Necromancy not have the [Evil] descriptor?

Which class is that?

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/
Spheres of Power is a magic system, not a class (although, you can convert nearly any spellcasting class you want to use spheres of power).
If you want to use a class that is built for spherecasting and is Death sphere oriented, I would recommend the Soul Weaver.

Spheres of Power is a 3rd party Magic System, general considered more balanced than default PF Magic. He's kind of a dumbass for sugesting that to someone who is clearly new and whom he isn't sure is even using SoP.

SoP generalizes magic into spheres of various effects such as Destruction for Offensive abilties, Death for necromancy, etc. There are also several classes that specialize in each sphere. The fluff is mutable and you're encouraged to work with your GM on defining what you magic exactly is via a system of traits and drawbacks (I'm "Psionic" so I need to concentrate really hard, I'm "Divine" so I need a deity, etc).

Zombies/Undead created through the Death Sphere as written are the same alignment as who created them. Your GM can overthrow this though and say "Undead and the Death Sphere are still evil, fuck you.".

Note: SoP blasters can get rediculously powerful in combat, but are all but are situational to useless outside of combat, depending on how creative you are with your fluff and your application of your blasts

Or you can just cast Protection vs Evil (or any other spell with the [Good] descriptor X number of times to counter every spell you cast with the [Evil] descriptor. Last time I checked this worked in Pathfinder.

You know there's a way to bring people back from the dead without making them an undead abomination, right? If your character doesn't know that, then he's an idiot and is just the sort of person who'd convince himself that necromancy isn't evil when it really is.

The usual method is - make him neutral, play him good, and say the reason he's neutral is his focus on negative energy and his willingness to desecrate bodies of the dead.

>GM not working with the player.
Well then find yourself a new GM, because if the GM isn't willing to work within the rules to allow you to build your character, maybe he isn't the gamemaster for you.

hmm, don't (directly) do necromancy then?
gather the bones as relic, maybe do some divination bs to bring out "muscle memory" and stick all that in golems or animated armors?

If the GM rules that the Death sphere is evil, use the Enhancement sphere instead and use Animate Objects to animate the dead corpses (or parts of the dead bodies if low level).

if your GM allows 3.5 stuff, look into the Deathless thing from eberron CS

What do you do while waiting for the games you've applied to to finally finish recruitment, but before you realize that they're either bamboozles or that you're not gonna get accepted?

Flesh out my character. Write a diary for them. Tweak mechanics. Make more characters using the chargen. Go to work. Talk to others about their characters if they seemed interesting.

It's always a bambie, so there's never really a moment of realization. Just have fun making a character.

Dunno, I always get accepted.

Tell us your secrets.

>game recruitment
>not just playing with your friends
Incomprehensible

>me
>having friends
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I'll be your friend, user.

twitter.com/JasonBulmahn/status/908031058897076224

kekistan-inspired politics.

are game finder threads pretty much dead for PF? i haven't seen a QM post there in the last few days

Write a good character that resonates with people, and has a personality that meshes with other front runners, while still being flexible enough to provide good interactions with everyone else.

>mfw no reprints of shitty archetypes that buff them to be remotely useable, or at least less of a direct downgrade
>mfw instead we get shit like the Lore Warden reprint to destroy previously decent archetypes

Refinement of existing rules as opposed to addition of new rules.

>Ensoulment of the Flower Court [RUNNING]
Did we ever get word on who was being used as guest appearance characters?

==/pfg/ RotJR era game statuses

Rise of the Jade Regent [RUNNING: TWO GAMES]
>Fluffy Tail 1 [DEAD]
>Fluffy Tail 2 [DEAD]
>Helnar [RETIRED]
>The Amber Fields of Molthune [DEAD (1 session)]
>Misadventures of a Lazy Princess [DEAD]
/pfg/ Hell's Vengeance (Argentum ver) [RUNNING]
>Hell's Vengeance B [DEAD (3 sessions)]
>Evil Lewd Game [RETIRED]
Of Dragons and Yet More Dragons [RUNNING]
Rise of the Jade Regent: PbP [RUNNING: GAME 1] [DEAD: GAME 2 (some sessions)]
The Pendragon Institute [RUNNING: TWO GAMES]
>The Sleeping Goddess [DEAD]
>The Wrath of the Righteous [DEAD]
Wrath of the Raunchy [RUNNING]
Romance of the Righteous Kingdom [RUNNING]
>Sky Pirates [DEAD]
>Bathe Yourself in Blood [DEAD (? sessions)]
Volorexis: Streets of Cantha [=COMPLETE=]
>Sultanas and Raisins [DEAD]
Of Dragons and Men... and more Dragons [RUNNING]
Curse of the Lazy Throne [RUNNING]
Legends of Dragonsfjord [RUNNING]
>Taldor Ascendant [DEAD]
Legacy of Blood and Flame [RUNNING]
>The Celestial Tournament [DEAD]
The Great Bamboozling [RUNNING]
Shardwalkers [RUNNING: TWO GAMES]
Hell's Rebels: Literally Can't Even Edition [RUNNING: TWO GAMES]
Puella Librum Daemonium [RUNNING]
>A Generic Pathfinder Adventure (Eberron E8) [DEAD (1 session)]
Wild Weird West [RUNNING]
Blingmaker [RUNNING]
>Blood in the Fangwood [DEAD]
Rhusae [RUNNING]
Overlewd [RUNNING: TWO GAMES]
Dimensional Ark Abyssia [RUNNING]
>Raining Oil and Blood [DEAD]
>Mighty Quest for Epic Loot [???]
>Trouser Serpent's Skull [DEAD]
Ironfang Invasion [RUNNING]
>Pilgrimage to the Demonlands [DEAD]
Ensoulment of the Flower Court [RUNNING]

(1/2)

Chronicles of the Golden Chalice [RUNNING]
>Essentia: Forgotten Home [DEAD/REBOOTED]
Essentia: Our Last Days [RUNNING?]
>Hells Saboteurs [DEAD]
>Journey to the West [RETIRED]
>Depths of Darkness [DEAD]
Nodachi of the Righteous [RUNNING]
Volo: Fluffy Tails 9 [RUNNING]
A Ruse by Any Other Name [RECRUITING]
>Iron Gods [DEAD]
>Gestalt Toad Meme Game [DEAD]
King's Gambit [RUNNING]
>From the Other End of Heaven [DEAD]
>You're the Village Now [DEAD]
Dominions of Vice: An Osirion Tale [RUNNING]
>Carnal Crown [DEAD]
The Fiends and Intrigues of House Karvane [RUNNING]
Bones and Bedshackles [DEAD]
Mint Rebels: Double Treason [STARTING]
Starstone Academy of the Deific Arts [RECRUITING]
Assault on the Black Ship [STARTING]
The Duke's Coin [RECRUITING]
Schrödinger's Goddess [RECRUITING]
Iron Gods and Flesh Desires [RECRUITING]

Dead: 27
Retired (dead but ran for a while): 3
Active: 34
Recruiting: 4
Starting soon: 2
Completed: 1

What is your favorite setting, and why is it Varisia?

>implying I know what RotJR is
>implying I know what any of these games are

Rhusae died a while ago

He had a sister, a cute little button. She wanted to be a paladin like the older brothers, not a stinky wizard like he was going to be. But like any brother he loved her all the same.

He wonders from time to time how great of a paladin she could of been.

Goodbye, Jenae.

How strong should the party be before running them through the Dungeons of Doom? I was thinking only up to the Castle, no Valley of the Dead and onward

;~;

Somebody tried to claim Alexander was being used without permission, but that was shot down pretty quickly.

lol just cast true resurrection, idiot

>Journey to the West [RETIRED]
When did this happen?

Lately due to player hemorrhage I think. It's why Iron Gods and Flesh Desires got started up.

Ah, okay. I was wondering how Argentum was squeezing in another game since JttW was so limited by their timeslots.
>RIP Foxtits

You can play a good-aligned arcane caster and still use necromancy. The undead you create will just always detect as evil.

I've seen weird ways around it though, like making Taxidermy constructs.

What's this Goddess game?

>A Ruse by Any Other Name [RECRUITING]

Given its place in the list, how is this possible?

>arcane necromancer
c'mon now, mate

The ruse cruise and ruse cruise 2 were both given incredibly long application times due to their nature as mockeries of the flaws of /pfg/ games.

Why do I even bother apping to /pfg/ games when I never get in them anyway? I've apped to so many games and I literally never get in.

Have you tried making better characters and getting chummy with the folks who run games?

Maybe you make shitty characters? Maybe you're bad at "selling" your character? Maybe your availability sucks? Maybe you make characters that don't fit the game's tone, level of optimization, or the GM's fancy?

what are your characters?
inb4 all of them are half-fae catboys

DHB game status:

Completed: 1
Running: 2

LoBaF is apparently the farthest along its adventure of any AP game. Intrigue is also going strong. How does DHB do it?

>Assault on the Black Ship [STARTING]
Dope, I honestly expected this to be the most bamboozle game out of all the running apps at the time yet it actually pulled through.

Did art carried get in?

>How does DHB do it?
No RP, just autistically pushing the plot forward so he can get to the next roll.

What games did you app for? A little critique never hurt.

And his ability to end every encounter by himself before anyone needs to even roll. He wins initiative and ends the encounter. Of course they go quickly.

He also reads ahead in the AP so he can maximize his effectiveness by metagaming.

>ridiculously
They lose a shit ton of steam after like level 5, Sphere blasting even at it's most autistically optimal is still pretty weak unless you abuse the living fuck out of the time sphere which I say says more about Time than Destruction.

Seriously, Devs just need to stop making Time related abilities. It does not fucking work. I'm looking at you Riven Hourglass.

t. people who have never played with DHB

I wonder if you can make whine out of these sour grapes.

How do you define shitty and good character?

Which game are you in DHB with? I'm actually really curious about his character in the campaign he was in that actually ran to completion.

It's very subjective, which sucks. There are some obvious ones like don't make flat, static characters.

This

DHB is very fun to play with