What setting unironically has the deepest lore? Lord of the Rings? Elder Scrolls? Star Trek?

What setting unironically has the deepest lore? Lord of the Rings? Elder Scrolls? Star Trek?

Other urls found in this thread:

pandorapedia.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LOTR by miles. Not even a competition.

It was written by a guy who actually knew shit.

>LOTR
>Elder Scrolls
>Star Trek

Mario Lore

Submachine

LotR, hands down

None of them. Rifts has the deepest Lore.

This. The only thing that even rivals Mario Lore is Splatoon Lore

you might have explain to me the pic and you might as well post any cool Mario Lore here as well user.

My own donut steel setting, of course.

of those 3 LOTR then probably star trek but their are lots of settings with deeper lore than those 3

I wouldn't call TES "deep" but it's certainly "occult." The answers are there if you look for them, but all of the revelations are either run-of-the-mill gnostic ideas or science fantasy ideas that never got to live up to their potential. If the only way you can get deep with TES is through out of game texts, then there's a problem with the approach.
I love TES lore and especially the OOG texts, it's what got me into writing, but Morrowind was the only one with world building worth a darn. Skyrim got close, but it was missing that element of the truly bizarre and alien that Morrowind had in spades.

XDXDXDXD FNAF LOLOLOLOLOL
One a more serious note, fantasy or overall? If fantasy i'd say LOTR because it's the only one that is actually based on myths of other cultures and done by a guy who knew his shit. If overall i'd say the CoC or delta green world

Bionicle.

Hasn't Star Trek become a self-contradicting mess simply because of the scale?

Is there really that much LOTR material? Surely stuff like Star Wars, D&D or other comic book universes with hundreds of writers and decades of history has manged to become more expansive (even at the cost of quality).

Tekumel.

Dark souls

avatar (the movie not the series mentioned earlier)

Stargate

I still think that TES is much greater in content. That may be because I take acid before I expose myself to Kirkbride

In Bob-Omb Battlefield Mario fights King Bob-Omb, who is depicted there. As you can see, he is pretty much the epitome of a gluttonous, selfish monarch, crowned in gold with a massive moustache. He's also really fat.

Now, when you take into account Mario's red clothing and his traditional origins as a plumber, a classic working-class trade, it all becomes clear. Indeed, one could even say Miyamoto and co. were overstating the narrative with the red bob-ombs, whom Mario aids in their fight again the black bob-ombs' tyranny. Pretty clear symbolism, if you know what I mean.

Truest, deepest lore.

You really need to divide BSG into two entries: A high tier for seasons 1 and 2, and a garbage tier for everything after that.

ahahahahahahaha

pandorapedia.com/

start reading between the lines son. And don't skip any article

Cameron's green jizz doesn't count as 'deep' lore.

this

Of those three LotR has a few fully functional languages, on top of the LotR (and history) detailing how they evolved.
So I'd have to say LotR followed by TES then Trek. Star wars might have been in the running before legacy getting axed if only for the sheer amount of EU wankery. I'm also looking at it from a perspective of deep as in how much lore there is to dive into and not necessarily quality.

That's an in-depth ecology, not DEEP LORE, and it's not even the most in-depth fictional ecology I've ever seen

So just because he is a Bob-Omb he's fat?
That's racist.

Was hoping someone would say this

If Michael Kirkbride was still running it, Elder Scrolls lore would be complicated as shit.

But LotR is ultimately superior.

My problem with the Elder Scrolls series is that according to lore the most interesting races and peoples are actually outside of Tamriel, so character choices are just "man, black man, elf, yellow elf" while there are actually snake and frog people around.

The global revolution will not stop on Earth. We cannot rest until Tsarina Toadstool is dead and the red flag flies over the Mushroom Kingdom.

The expanse was pure garbage- at least as a show. The setting was decent I suppose, but the actors were barely able to emote and the writing was bland as hell.

Real life

>over 10,000 years of rich documented history worldwide
>more factions than any fantasy setting
>better mythology than any fantasy setting
>bigger wars and conflicts than any fantasy setting
>sexier waifus
>believable weapons (because they were real)

Real life is the ultimate fantasy game

>sexier waifus
Hey now.

All your points are true except
>Real life is the ultimate fantasy game
It can't be fantasy by definition because it really happened

>sexier waifus
lol, 3dpd is limited. fantasy will always prevail as the ideal

yes

I don't know about better. There's definitely more, but a lot of it is pretty trash.

I meant more a fantasy game based on our own history. It would be similar to conan I imagine, could include "magic" and mythical beasts if done properly

What kind of ending is "heat death," user? You can't care about any of the characters, even the ones the authors hype up, because nothing they do is going to matter. We already know everyone dies.

>sexier waifus
What is this delusion

>The global revolution will not stop on Earth.
It does, by definition.

To the gulag with this counter-revolutionary!

That's a surprisingly accurate chart you got there. I'd rank Babylon 5 in God Tier, but at those high of levels the shows are so objectively good that it all comes down to preference.

>Red Dwarf

mah smeghead

>devs retconned the big crunch
Please don't remind me that the authors don't even understand the themes of their own setting.

Big Crunch was just an excuse so they can Big Bang again and reset everything. I guess they didn't want to seen like copycats after GW did AoS.

>remove communism

As it was meant to be played.

TES' issue is that the world you traveled in stopped being truly alien, look at the Guide to the Empire in Morrowind vs how Cyrodiil and Skyrim appeared in game.

The OOG stuff is sort of a mixed bag, I think it's good for being weird but lacks a central spine to bind all the ideas together.

You're a solid fellow.

Not really, no.

God I wanna play a Sload plaguemaster so fucking baaaaad.

I thought recorded human history only went back ~ 8000 years. What am I missing, Veeky Forumssenpai?

Dunmer are unironically purest.

>these plebs don't know about history
Step up.

Fuck the Gooks.

Aha, a man of wealth and sophistication is in our midsts.

heres to hoping, to see one of the southern provinces next game.

Post mahri ignition was shit tho

Obviously the Altmer are the most pure out of any of the Mer. Dunmer are essentially like Orsimer but Grey instead of Green and less strong.

Kirkbride was a hack who once he got axed, as any insane writer is won't to do after going off the deepend, starting a whole mini-verse where he detailed his sex dreams of the Elder Scrolls world and beyond. He has an insane fascination with the Dunmer, and the cats, and, from his own words, none of what he says matters. Everyone can create something and it has just as much weight in his mind as anyone else's.

That type of thinking is probably why his half-baked comic that was supposed to launch everything never even got off the ground.

>>over 10,000 years of rich documented history worldwide
Most of Rhode 10,000 years are in fact unrecorded. Even during the centuries where we have records of things happening, said records are incomplete and there's a ton of stuff at the time that people at the time ignored to keep track off, so even then a whole lot of guesswork goes into understanding it.

>mfw people unironically say LOTR has lore when Bionicle exists
>mfw deepest lore

I can't believe no one's mentioned bionicle yet

I can't believe jet steel cannot melt fuel beams.

Bionicle lore SOO GOOOOD

>tons of stuff at the time that people at the time ignored to keep track off,

>Amash
>Yes Shamir
>So, I'm writing this down for the high priest, and I only have so much room on the tablet
>I am at the part where we found those barbarians with the metal tools
>Should I record WHERE we found these guys?
>No, that's extraneous info. Everybody knows that the metal tools come from Hittia. Space is limited - just write down what it was and why it was important
>Okay...but where is Hittia?
>...where the Hittites are? Do they just let anybody be an acolyte these days?
>Look, it's just for record keeping purposes, there's no need for that
>Whatever. Don't treat your audience like they're idiots, or they won't read your work. That's all stuff that everybody knows, so just focus on the important stuff like what the metal tools can do for us and which god people need to worship to be blessed with it.

>tfw reading Malazan and they just revealed that the race of magic sword-handed velociraptors cursed the world with entropy
what the fuck erikson

Maybe not the deepest lore, but I was utterly blindsided when The Guru happened. LoK never had half that much IRL research.

>reboots
didn't work for marvel
didn't work for DC

Souls lore is bretty gud. The Paleblood Hunt is a great read - makes me wish there were an equivalent for Dark/Demon's Souls

t.spurdo

>DS9 higher than low-mid tier
>Andromeda, Voyager, Hitchhiker's underrated

Expanse gets points for the "space the planetborn" scene, I didn't even think they were gonna do it

Do you mean actually deep or "a shitton of fanfics covering long time and lots of topics in the universe"?

Felarya

That's what (((they))) want you to believe

This guy is bad!

Unironically.

This. Well fleshed out sci-fi, with a clever concept behind it, and the best opening scene I've ever read. Also, a clear focus on the differences in culture that a sci-fi society can bring. While Dune has a lot of lore, when you push deeper it tends to lead to Spice and house politics. This has the indepth clash of cultures and developed societies and ethos' that I enjoy.

>the quaran
>canon
>implying it isn't just fanfiction written by some autistic pedophile in the desert

No.

someone give me a rundown on bionicle lore

Shatner Trek needs bumping down at least to mid tier, it has aged like ripe garbage, Red Dwarf and Cowboy Bebop need bumping up to God tier.

Bionicle lore stopped being good in 2003 tho

Monster Hunter lore

I want /pol/ to leave.

By your logic, the bible is also fanfiction.

>unironically

/v/ermin leave

>assuming that everyone has a flag, an Ideology when they should just be taken for what they are: Retards and Trolls.
>It is disgustingly easy to bait now because everyone is in their trenches thinking that their enemy is behind every fucking shitpost.
>All anyone has to do is accuse the other of being SJW or /pol/ and then the fucking thread fills with the same 3-4 posters replying as fast they can type.
>This happens every fucking thread

The saddest part about this. Veeky Forums has become normie. Funnyjunk, certain subreddits, bodybuilding misc, even the edgier tumblr tags don't have these issues. You fags killed Veeky Forums because you stopped being individuals, stopped being anons, have fun in the ruins of rome you fucking idiots.

>stopped being individuals
>stopped being anons

spot the newfag

>>I'm better because you belong to wrong group
gg moron you proved my point

LotR is clearly at the top, but after that I'd say Elder Scrolls. It's got some lore that I think is better than LotR at times, but LotR has a much more solid core and feels more like it's a full world, while TES is close, but a bit more scattered in it's core.

>literally every western production is based on LotR
>literally every eastern production is fucking shit

I gave up on lore, unless you guys can direct me to something isn't based on Tolkien's ideas (and no, DnD is Tolkien inspired as fuck).