/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

The Few Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mega.nz/#!vwMngZbR!91OrqgI5u2imvHC6h-8IgHkHyHmXZ997crB9O6tXhqw
mediafire.com/file/y2cvxqns9h082a2/Bag The Hun.pdf
mediafire.com/file/bp0b32x3lcga3rb/Featherstone's Air War Games (Revised).pdf
mediafire.com/file/scp9prd148dzaf5/Squadron Forward (TFL).pdf
mediafire.com/file/7hy6o2jacw96wa9/Osprey - DUE 005 - Spitfire vs Bf109.pdf
mediafire.com/download/pi96hvy27y3f66g/Osprey - MAA 225 - The Royal Air Force 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/53h023yatbq19be/Osprey - MAA 377 - Luftwaffe Air & Ground Crew 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/s23uc6jszxibxdp/Osprey - WAR 099 - Kampfflieger Bomber Crewman of the Luftwaffe 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/0v0x2acu0zlduoa/Osprey - WAR 122 - Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1nkc01fcmqb06dk/Osprey - WAR 164 - RAF Fighter Command Pilot 1939-42.pdf
mega.nz/#F!cfgmxY5b!lWUMXOX8gUbB6isMBFCvUg
mediafire.com/file/5yzw2k9gv0zxqtb/Osprey - OWG - Poseidons Warriors - Classical Naval Warfare 480-31 BC.pdf
ibiblio.org/hyperwar/Japan/IJA/HB/HB-3.html
spudnick080.blogspot.co.nz/2017/09/aar-wings-of-glory-ww1-blue-bomber-run.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riesenflugzeug
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ELVJlNy9hpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead

September the 15th in military history:

994 – Major Fatimid victory over the Byzantine Empire at the Battle of the Orontes.
1762 – Seven Years' War: Battle of Signal Hill.
1776 – American Revolutionary War: British forces land at Kip's Bay during the New York Campaign.
1812 – The French army under Napoleon reaches the Kremlin in Moscow.
1812 – War of 1812: A second supply train sent to relieve Fort Harrison is ambushed in the Attack at the Narrows.
1816 – HMS Whiting runs aground on the Doom Bar
1820 – Constitutionalist revolution in Lisbon, Portugal.
1821 – Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica jointly declare independence from Spain.
1862 – American Civil War: Confederate forces capture Harpers Ferry, Virginia.
1873 – Franco-Prussian War: The last German troops leave France upon completion of payment of indemnity.
1894 – First Sino-Japanese War: Japan defeats Qing dynasty China in the Battle of Pyongyang.
1916 – World War I: Tanks are used for the first time in battle, at the Battle of the Somme.
1918 – World War I:The Battle of Dobro Pole is fought, Entente troops break through the Bulgarian defenses on the Macedonian Front eventually liberating Vardar Macedonia and forcing Bulgaria to sign the Armistice of Salonica.
1940 – World War II: The climax of the Battle of Britain, when the Royal Air Force shoots down large numbers of Luftwaffe aircraft.
1942 – World War II: U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Wasp is sunk by a Japanese torpedo at Guadalcanal.
1944 – Battle of Peleliu begins as the United States Marine Corps' 1st Marine Division and the United States Army's 81st Infantry Division hit White and Orange beaches under heavy fire from Japanese infantry and artillery.
1948 – The F-86 Sabre sets the world aircraft speed record at 671 miles per hour (1,080 km/h).
1950 – Korean War: United States forces land at Inchon.
1990 – France announces it will send 4,000 troops to the Persian Gulf.

Today is Battle of Britain Day, marking 77 years since the high-water mark of the Luftwaffe's air offensive on Britain.

In July 1940, the Luftwaffe started by closing the English Channel to merchant shipping. In August, Operation Adlerangriff (Eagle Attack) was launched against RAF airfields in southern England. By the first week of September, the Luftwaffe had not gained the results desired by Hitler. Frustrated, the Germans turned towards the strategic bombing of cities, an offensive which was aimed at British military and civil industries, but also civilian morale. The attacks began on 7 September 1940, but were to reach their daylight climax on the 15th.

That day - a Sunday - the Luftwaffe launched its largest and most concentrated attack against London in the hope of drawing out the RAF into a battle of annihilation. Around 1,500 aircraft took part in the air battles which lasted until dusk. The Luftwaffe formations were dispersed by a large cloud base and failed to inflict severe damage on the city of London. In the aftermath of the raid, Hitler postponed Operation Sea Lion, the proposed invasion of Britain. Having been defeated in daylight, the Luftwaffe turned its attention to The Blitz night campaign which lasted until May 1941.

Prime Minister Winston Churchill visited RAF Uxbridge, the headquarters of No. 11 Group, Fighter Command, on the day of the battle and remained there throughout. This group was led by the New Zealander Air Vice-Marshal Keith Park and was responsible for the defence of London and the south-east of England. On this day, it was the beating heart of the battle.

The first wave of about 250 bombers came over the Channel at 1100hrs and whilst many Luftwaffe planes were intercepted by the RAF, around half managed to make it to London and drop their loads. A second wave of about the same number returned at 1400hrs believed to be aiming for South London and the railways out to Kent. The raids continued into the night.

Churchill later described what he saw at 11 Group: "Presently the red bulbs showed that the majority of our squadrons were engaged. In a little while, all our squadrons were fighting and some had already begun to return for fuel. All were in the air. The lower line of bulbs was out. There was not one squadron left in reserve".

During both of the raids that day, the RAF managed to scatter many of the German bomber formations. This meant that when the surviving bombers did drop their loads, they fell over a wide area and were less harmful. Thousands of Londoners stood in the streets below watching the battle rage over their heads.

The RAF claimed to have shot down 185 German planes; in fact, it was 61, but these were the highest losses the Luftwaffe had suffered for over a month. The RAF lost 31 planes.

The campaign's ultimate limitation was the poor formulation of military strategy. The types of targets selected from one operation to the next differed radically and no sustained pressure was put on any one type of British target. The Luftwaffe's strategy became increasingly aimless. Disputes among Luftwaffe staff revolved more around tactics than strategy. This method condemned the offensive over Britain to failure before it had begun.

Although fighting continued in the air for several more weeks, and British cities were bombed sporadically for the rest of the war, German tactics to achieve air superiority ahead of an invasion failed. This marked a clear and decisive defeat for the Luftwaffe. They abandoned the daylight bombing of London on 30 September, although night-time bombing continued into May 1941. Battle of Britain Day is now an annual commemoration of the battle in the United Kingdom. In Canada, the commemoration takes place on the third Sunday of September.

There are a multitude of games covering air combat in WW2, with the summer of 1940 receiving a lot of attention. You can play at a number of levels, but the real appeal of a Battle of Britain game is in the campaign element, with players making the big strategic decisions that shape its outcome. It has always been a popular subject for solitaire games played from the British side, revolving around the player having to judge the right response to the German onslaught.

Check Your 6!: mega.nz/#!vwMngZbR!91OrqgI5u2imvHC6h-8IgHkHyHmXZ997crB9O6tXhqw
mediafire.com/file/y2cvxqns9h082a2/Bag The Hun.pdf
mediafire.com/file/bp0b32x3lcga3rb/Featherstone's Air War Games (Revised).pdf
mediafire.com/file/scp9prd148dzaf5/Squadron Forward (TFL).pdf

mediafire.com/file/7hy6o2jacw96wa9/Osprey - DUE 005 - Spitfire vs Bf109.pdf
mediafire.com/download/pi96hvy27y3f66g/Osprey - MAA 225 - The Royal Air Force 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/53h023yatbq19be/Osprey - MAA 377 - Luftwaffe Air & Ground Crew 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/s23uc6jszxibxdp/Osprey - WAR 099 - Kampfflieger Bomber Crewman of the Luftwaffe 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/0v0x2acu0zlduoa/Osprey - WAR 122 - Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot 1939-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/1nkc01fcmqb06dk/Osprey - WAR 164 - RAF Fighter Command Pilot 1939-42.pdf

The new community project is for a Garrison, Milita, or Second-Line-type unit

Anyone know a good ancients naval battle system that is easy to pick up? If so, I would like a PDF.

And thanks in advance.

Poseidon's Warriors from Osprey?

Warning, it's so barebones it could be a good skeleton encounter for a level 1 party.

It should be in the archives.

Still might check it out. If it is still basic but entertaining enough I might go with it.

Am I getting rules in Tercios for shooting correct? The average Pike and Shot unit gets 3/4 dice for shooting. Against another Pike and Shot unit they normally need 4+ to hit. Then the defending Pike and Shot unit rolls their courage value of dice which is usually 4 and need 4+ to save a hit.

Doesn't that make shooting rather ineffective?

If that is the way it's supposed to be, shooting being ineffective is pretty fitting for the era. Best you can hope for in most systems is to disorder the target unit.

I don't think we have Poseidon's Warriors (/awg/ probably does though) but I could track it down and add it tonight
Here's an incredibly simple set of four-page rules you could look at

This trove doesn't seem to work now:
mega.nz/#F!cfgmxY5b!lWUMXOX8gUbB6isMBFCvUg

Is there an update to take its place?

After some relatively entry level operational or strategic hex and chit or similar style boardgames. Don't want to go full analogue computer game but something more deep than most common board games.

User name on main folder was shoppe1987 if I remember correctly.

Hey lads, can someone help me with a platoon organization for IJA paratroopers? The relevant Osprey only said the platoon has 34 men (my guess is either 3x11 men+platoon commander or 3x10 men and platoon HQ), but I'd like to know an exact number. My Google-fu failed me, and information about them is a bit scarce - in English, at least.

You have to just man up and play Advanced Squad Leader.

It will put hair on your chest.

mediafire.com/file/5yzw2k9gv0zxqtb/Osprey - OWG - Poseidons Warriors - Classical Naval Warfare 480-31 BC.pdf

go full eastfront ii, you won't regret it. glorious blocks.

Oh man, that sucks
It wasn't updated I think but it was a great backup
Actually my guess is the folder was closed down by Mega for inactivity

You should try and track down a period field manual on them user, something produced by the US Army during the war; stuff like that is on Scribd
This link might help I hope
ibiblio.org/hyperwar/Japan/IJA/HB/HB-3.html

See Battle for Germany and the other WW3 titles in the GDW folder in the OP

Thanks user!

Which is a better system for historical war-gaming at 28mm? Hail Caesar or the Kings of War historical?

What about 6mm?

moved to snip dot li /GS1987

Depends on the period and the level of complexity you want.

28mm suits smaller skirmish games, while 15mm or 6mm suit much larger scale games.

KoW historical is just KoW. If you like KoW, it will do what you want. It cuts off at late medieval though iirc.

Pretty sure KoW Historicals is just army lists for Kings of War, so anything that needs special formations will have to be houseruled in. My club in Hobart that I miss desperately uses Hail Caesar with various degrees of modification for everything up to the Sudan, I feel you really need a big table for the rules to shine

Normally was 1 HQ with officier, platoon seargent and two orderly.
2 squads with on corporal, 9 foot, 1 with LMG and 1 with knee-mortar.
1 support with 1 corporal, 5 foot ,1 with a/t rifle, 1 servant for a/t.
It's like OoB. On the field can vary.

To disorder the enemy with shooting they have to fail all their saves. I think that is even harder than getting an unsaved hit through.

Who does the best youtube bolt action batreps?

>hyperwar
oh sweet!

>/Japan/IJA
oh :( not the one I'm into.

Does anyone have a PDF of Miniature Wargames issue 373? Or a giant archive of the whole history of the magazine, but mostly just that one.

Played a wargame with a battle between the Sudan natives and the Brits. The Brits got fucking slaughtered due to the Natives going first all the time, outnumbering us, and flooding the wall with units.

Impetus

Although US manuals tend to be somewhat moot on this (and I've already checked one that did not go into platoon composition), thanks nonetheless! The cool new Strelets paras just arrived this week, and they'll make nice company to the Ultima Ratio figs. Think I could make two platoons if I really want to, and convert some heavy weapons from the other new IJA box or some older figs...

What are y'all working on? Just finished some ww2 Germans. Now I'm working on soviets (in the background).

Finished a First to Fight 75mm infantry gun, started working on a secondhand KV-1 from Esci.

We've lately been getting into Muskets and Tomahawks, but I can't find a copy of the rulebook anywhere for myself (let alone the cards). Anyone have a scan?

Really nice looking minis user.

I like the mix between the really old late war infantry and the grenadiers.

It's literally on the Horse and Musket folder of the OP

Well fuck. Guess I need to stop sucking so much cock, all the jizz if obscuring my vision.

bit of an overreaction mate, suck all the cocks you want.

Working on getting stuff ready to paint for community project. Shitton of botes that I've been putting off for a while, plus a few I had put off buying until now. Not going to post pics, I prefer (at least as far as my stuff goes) to post finished pics only, unless there's a good reason.

Quite a good looking force you've got going, btw.

Just get yourself some goggles, it's what I do.

Looking good. I really like how you did the basing.

Thanks! I thought the late war infantry had little in the way of variation so I got some grenadiers to throw in for some variety.

I assume there's no PDF of the cards. Guess I'll have to whip something up myself.

The goggles, they do nothing!

Looks a bit like a game of it I played. Good fun.

Merely at the basecoating stage for the company. Apparently some units were marked with the commander's initial, so in a fit of Your Dudes mine is going on all of them. As for the book, I find it surprisingly good. Author has a little commentary from a few vets on how they actually fought at the end.

Working on 17 century Polish. The Wallachian horse is ready for basing, the Cossack cavalry are halfway painted and I've yet to start painting the Pancerni.

kl but I demand 4k full sound webms of that NOW

Working on setting up another game.

What are the best Cold War Gone Hot rulesets for small miniatures? Fistful of Condescending Anti-Piracy Messages?

Trying to track down those really good peg fighters, can only find fairly rubbish ones.

Yep.

Really is the best. According to me anyway. But I have actually played it multiple times. It does a lot of things better than Cold War Commander and even more better than Micro Armor Modern. Different scale though to Modern Spearhead so not really comparable.

Wondering where you lads would place a razee like Inde?

I'd put it in 4th rate, tbqh.
Razee's were 'made' by sawing off the upper (3rd) deck of a 3rd rate - leaving only the first two - the ones with the bigger guns.
So, not only would they have nearly the same number of guns (i.e.were on the lower end of the scale) as the 'proper' 4th rates - they'd also have a major advantage in pounds-per-gun average over 'proper' 4th rates - let alone 'proper' 5th rates.

That's what I was thinking, cheers.

Has anyone here tried Blood Red Skies by Warlord?

its not out yet

What is going on there?

Looks like Wings of Glory. Though why there's not one, but two Zeppelin-Staaken, and that close to each other, I have no idea.

spudnick080.blogspot.co.nz/2017/09/aar-wings-of-glory-ww1-blue-bomber-run.html

Cheers, had no idea there were such large bombers in the war.

Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI, utterly insane (its wingspan is 0,86 meter shorter than a B-29)

The Germans were working on an even bigger one at war's end, six engines, and it would have had a wider wingspan than a B-29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riesenflugzeug

Slowly continuing work on my vehicles. Thats a Blitzkrieg miniatures sdkfz 250 in 1/48 i got during one of their 50%-discount-mondays.
I think i'll build one or two crew miniatures from the grenadier sprue for this one later today since i'm not in the mood to do any chipping/weathering right now.

Bump

> angry_fairy_attacks_peaceful_AFV.webm

I'm thinking about commander exposed that don't see the missile arriving. What the hell is doing??

you realize that the missle is tiny and the glowing side is only visible from behind.

Eastenders intro innit'.

Oh right, you can get the starter rules free from them though so we have an idea of what the game will actually play like.

>mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
The folders at the top of the list have some of the more popular rulesets and lists.
The trouble is finding a set everyone likes. Good luck with that - 40 years of ancient gaming and I have seldom seen concurrence.

Having said that Hail Caesar is popular and easy to learn - although it has lots of quirky things that are either loved or hated by gamers.

Crusader is a good set of rules that is easy to learn and fun to play with two excellent supplements and lots of free lists online.

DBA is a good game with a low-cost entry point.

I now play Swordpoint - but so far no scans available. If you have a WI subscription then they give you an iBook of the rules free.

The archives are excellent as they will allow you to download quite a number of different rules and read through them. If your brain hurts after two pages then the rules may not be for you. :-)

I also heartily recommend Clash of Empires. This was one of the first of the Warhammer Ancient successors. There are army list free online and you can find the supplement books/lists easily.

It is really about the space you want to use for your games and the number of figures you want to use. SAGA is in the archives as well - great for low cost skirmish gaming in a small space.

:-)

Does Warlord not do Paint anymore? They've been sold out for as long as I can remember at this point. Any good alternatives for buying good colors in bulk for WWII painting?

I suspect it's the annoying royal mail rules on posting liquids that might have encouraged them to stop

Who makes good 28mm samurai and related stuff?

Kinda wanna get some gameplay using this ruleset going at my FLGS.

Perry.

Weren't their paints just Vallejo sets?

Northstar do sets for Ronin that are good if you want to get a variety of equipment without having leftover models from buying blisters.

Perry are good. Warlord have WGF plastics now. Black Hat Miniatures has some scruffy looking models good for Ronin/Bandits. Steel First has expensive personality models.

LAV-75

This.

They just sold Vallejo stuff.

Fantasywelt.de if you can order from Germany without paying to much shipping cost.

Played a game of Missile Threat down at the club today, doing a bit of playtesting.
Nerfed early SAMs as they mostly didn't have proximity fuses - needed an actual impact to hit.

Pretty decent game though, US Aircraft attempting to hit a bridge in a heavily defended VC area. The F-111 with the main payload was shot down by a lucky MiG-21 cannon shot, so they had to send in the F-4s to bomb the bridge.

Ended up as a draw due to the loss of the good pilot and the F-111.

You can see a SAM being launched in the distance of this photo. Both MiGs have K-13 heat seeking missiles, but they never got a chance to fire them as they were never in the rear aspect area of a target.

Just finished a Late Roman warband on commission

Nice what rules are they using?

I like Warlords range for their new game.

not really sure desu

You mean the old Wargames Factory line that Warlord sculpted a few metal heads for, reboxed, and doubled the price, right?

I'm not still bitter about it, I swear.

Yeah those ones. If it ain't broke and all that.

See if you can find out, I want to get into more historical skirmish games since I don't have the space or time for large projects anymore.

28mm feudal japan is a tough period when it comes to miniatures ngl, the Perry bros are good sculpts but either awful QA or terrible cast quality, WGF samurai look like hot garbage, and Kingsford don't have a UK distributor

off the top of my head there's SAGA for "dark ages" skirmish, or Sharp Practice/A Song of Drums and Shakos for Napoleonic.
Not sure about other periods like Ancients tho, I'll ask the guy

>and doubled the price, right?

your bitterness gets more and more.. why is that?

The price was NOT doubled.

Concerning artwork and reenactors, late Romans tend to have large, circular shields while mini late Romans have smaller, oval shields. Does anyone have a clue as to why?

Sorry it's about 1.5x.

It went from 20USD for 25 infantry to 32USD for 20 infantry and some cards and chits.

Also, I just never liked the sculpts. I'm a Perry boy, even if what says is 100% true.

>28mm feudal japan is a tough period when it comes to miniatures ngl
At least there's a wide variety of ranges to choose from as opposed to 28mm Joseon Koreans or Ming Chinese.

New edition of Saga next year. Looks like it's going to have a much wider focus than before. It sounds like there will be a generic rulebook and then period books for Viking Age, HYW, Trojan War, etc.

I'd like to see China get a book for something. Warring States, Three Kingdoms, Tang. I won't be picky.

youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ELVJlNy9hpk

> Trojan War

Tell Agamemnon he can keep Briseis, my dick is erect enough.