Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

40kg DAKKA Edition

crossthread: >>daily duncan (hes back!): youtube.com/watch?v=2CkdCVD-0lg

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for big guy.

BMW M-lite

Nice. I wouldn't mind an M3 but can't afford one and the newer ones are too heavy for my taste.

Are bullgryn even good in the new meta?

You can summon after disembarking.

>post my list
>one guy calls me WAAC
>another guy tells me it's an unoptimized mess
I just don't know anymore.

I wouldn't say good, but they're way more playable than they used to be.

Yes, they're really powerful melee troops.
Slab shields give them a 2+ save so they're basically like IG assault terminators.

Where to post lists?

How are banners in small units?

What does /40kg/ think about the new It movie? I liked it.

>How do any if you other BA players continue to endure this Deluge of neglect and bullshit?
I stopped playing them after the entire 5th Company fell to the black rage in Angel's Blade. I have my own chapter now and GW can't hurt them.

E46 or E9x? E46 is a good shout if you find one without subframe issues. Their engines are pretty much bulletproof. E9x again have decent engines if you get one with the bearing and actuator fix.

What are you driving right now? I couldn't afford the M-tax so I went for the lite.

Working on my Sisters of Silence Celestine Count-As. She won't be running with Geminae.

Really happy with how it's coming along. Cleaning moldlines in a bit.

like most films it can easily take place in the 40k universe, It being a rogue psyker, daemon, or just weird alien on a civilized world.

Except instead of banging it with baseball bats the Grey Knights come with blue fire and bolter shells.

post necron conversions.

>Cleaning moldlines in a bit.
You have your work cut out for you, but I will say I love how you've posed her.

I say /40kg/ but people have been trying to start a separate list thread.

The list thread died for a reason, people only went there to post lists but never review them and there's no reason /40kg/ can't have lists. It's selfish Tory and have two 24h 40k threads.

I've had good use with them every game. Even in more competitive games, Bullgryn in Valkyries getting a turn 1 charge is pretty strong.

Sorry of it's been answered before but I don't often use plasma weaponry and I'm about to play a game with hellblasters and want to be sure before I begin -

Are the "on a hit roll of 1 the model is slain" rules affected by modifiers? For example, with a +1 to hit a 1 would become a 2 and it would be impossible for a plasma weapon to backfire. In that situation though what about having a -1 to hit? Does this mean you are slain on a dice result of 1 and 2 or does a 1 become a 0 as you no longer have a hit roll of 1?

"You'll Waaagh too."

Could easily fit in to the 40k lore.

That said I didn't watch it, saw the trailer and it didn't look good. Old IT was unsettling horror, pennywise just uncanny until he revealed his melevolent side. In the trailers the characters react to him like a slasher villain, no hint of subtlety.

Are the Chad squads just getting put into chapters on a 1:1 basis?

Are UltraChads a thing?

Q: When making a hit roll with a supercharged plasma weapon, do you determine whether a ‘1’ was rolled before or after applying re-rolls and modifiers?

A: You apply all re-rolls and modifiers first.

>Are the "on a hit roll of 1 the model is slain" rules affected by modifiers? For example, with a +1 to hit a 1 would become a 2 and it would be impossible for a plasma weapon to backfire. In that situation though what about having a -1 to hit? Does this mean you are slain on a dice result of 1 and 2 or does a 1 become a 0 as you no longer have a hit roll of 1?

Yes to all of the above.

Is a fully Primaris army even viable?

The trailers don't do it justice really, I thought the same thing, I thought Pennywise looked too scary and that it followed too many modern horror tropes but it ended being pretty good. Of course Tim Curry was a classic but the new Pennywise has a lot to be appreciated in as well.

Do we know what an all-Primaris chapter looks like? Five and three man squads seem to be the norm but I don't know how many make up a company.

Yes, it's after modifers. A +1 modified means you can't overheat.
You can modify rolls over 6 but not below 1 so
6+1=7
2-1=1
1-1=1

Rulebook says 1 always fails even if you mod it to 2.

Will I get made fun of if I paint my Word Bearers with the black heresy-era shoulder pad style?

I think it looks cooler, and I wanna lose in style.

Thanks!

Define viable. It's not competitive if that's what you mean.

Good job not understanding shit, faggot.

If you like it, paint it.

>instead of moving
>instead
>moving
disembarking counts as moving. You're not 'giving up your move', you're summoning 'instead of moving'.

The rules for both are CLEARLY written in the rules. Just for clarity, here's the definition of 'instead'.

Because disembarking IS a move, even if the unit can move effectively twice, the unit DID MOVE, which means that it cannot summon, because the summon only functions INSTEAD of a move.

not 'if the character did not make its normal move'.

not 'if the character disembarked from a vehicle'

INSTEAD of choosing to move. With disembarking, it DID move.

Thank you anons, I have a feeling there might be some rule that states a to hit roll can't be less than 1, but if not that still leaves the case of rolling a 0 (for example with the strategem that allows you to shoot at a unit teleporting in within 12" with a -1 to hit). I'll have them by a chapter master to reroll misses hopefully I just wonder if I REEE-out at Obliterators dropping into my backline is it safe to overcharge or is a 1/3 chance of killing yourself too great?

>disembarking counts as moving
You can move a unit after disembarking it from a vehicle.

Template weapons will be missed, they aren't really anti-horde anymore.
Flamer-style weapons are assault d6 auto hits instead of however many you can fit under the template, which means at range you have a chance to hit 5 even though only the first guy in barely in range, but at the same time you could hit only 1 even though they're right in front of you and bunched up. But you can hit the same target more than once.
Small blast for example became something like Heavy d3 in most cases, I remember being able to reliably hit 4-5 dudes in a horde with my Blastmaster, and I would still sometimes aim it at big things because it had a High AP and I exploded more than one vehicle with a Blastmaster. Now I exclusively aim it at big things because d3 hits against a horde just isn't as reliable, though the assault d6 shots (not auto-hit) is okay at wounding a horde, the d3 shots against a single big thing with d3 damage is awesome.
If I focus fire 3d3 shots from my 3 Noise Marine squads plus another 2d3 from my Sonic Helbrute, along with an additional Helbrute Plasma Cannon d3, into a single target on the field, I can reliably pop most vehicles in a single turn, usually before going through all my shots.
So we've got so much anti-monster/vehicle stuff, but virtually no anti-horde stuff.
Either hordes need a nerf or every army needs to be given some anti-horde stuff, because what we have just isn't reliable.
Also while giving everyone actual anti-horde stuff, give Chaos some fucking snipers outside of a badly proofread Forge World army that can't even be allied in when the store doesn't allow Forge World at tournaments.

Thanks.

Ah, thought that might be the case, thanks.

Related: the Techmarines look statline-equivalent with Chads, is anyone going to act like a bitch if I build a Techmarine with a Primaris?

Fuck off dickhead you did this all yesterday too, the rules for disembarking clearly state you count as having moved for the purposes of any rules, being allowed to move on top of disembarking is a caveat of disembarking, it's like saying you can cast Warp Time on yourself and summon daemons during the psychic phase, it doesn't work, you're wrong, stop shitposting you low energy troll.

You can still move your movement but disembarking counts as moving, for example where you might gain a bonus for moving or not moving in the movement phase in another phase.

Yeah it still fails but it's not an explodey fail anymore.

If anyone gave you shit for that I'd just laugh at them.

Go for it.

Just base it on whatever a techmarine is based on, that's usually the only thing that matters imo

If you can move, you can summon.

Which of the Command Rhinos are better: Damocles or Primaris?

How viable is a Scout-based list rather than a 3+-based list?

Until a Primaris Techmarine comes out I don't see the problem.

>what is basic reading comprehension

fuck off

No fuck off.
Disembarking means you count as having moved, stop it.
t. A Daemon Player who is sick of you making Chaos look bad

Post exact wording please

Forgefiends, Maulerfiends, Heldrakes, and probably a few other things I'm missing all have the Vehicle keyword and the Daemon keyword. They can take marks of chaos, which lets them get the nurgle keyword.

Most of these have the daemonic restoration rule, which lets them get a wound back each turn.

Since they're vehicles, you can heal them with the evil tech priest guy. That's 2.

And with a daemon nurgle psyker, you can restore d3 wounds to them a turn.

That's on average 4 wounds a turn.

What can I do with this?

meh. I miss the flame template, but I don't miss my opponent autistically spacing everything exactly 2 inches apart.

templates don't work when your opponent plans for them, and that usually meant he slowed down the game.

Problems with 40k:
>Obvious power unit choices
>power creep
>poor internal and external balance across many factions
>disproportionate win % for going first
>primarchs were a mistake.
>moral is still largely unimportant for varying reasons
>price creep is worse than before
>there is no efficient way to deal with cheap infantry

These are some of the things that have been bothering me about 40k. The sad part is that its still better than the shithole called 7th.

>people falling for obvious bait
No wonder people call Veeky Forums the easier board to troll.

Let's talk about Crimson Slaughter instead. Like how they wiped out half of the dark angels 5th company effortlessly.

What even is anti horde stuff if Templates arent?

Bring a second Fiend and be really fucking annoying to the other player.

>may summon instead of moving
>disembarking counts as moving
>therefore you cannot summon

see
now fuck off with your straight up denial gaslighting bullshit.

>Primary warband wiped out literally who subcompany

5th Company are nearly benchwarmer level.

>Khorne Word Bearers
meh

Yeah, there's some good and bad to the change.
But my point was we need some fucking anti-horde. I feel like morale was SUPPOSED to be the main method of dealing with hordes, then Nids, Orks, and Guard got ways to ignore it.
If my Daemons want to ignore it they can only slightly deal with it by spending 25 points on a Daemonic Icon to have a 1 in 6 chance of getting d6 models returned to the battlefield. If my Chaos Marines want to deal with it they can suck it up and spend two command points and I can just run MSU because fuck me right?

sir, you seem to have put too much bait on that hook, it appears to be falling off.

There isn't.
Basically the only way to deal with hordes at the moment is to put a shit load of bullets into them.

Going first is always total bullshit. I run a spirithost so I only have like 5 units to deploy at 2k points and I always offer an even roll on the dice for first turn.

Cheap infantry can still be dealt with via sufficient volume of fire, the problem is then you have a big chunk of points tied up in low str low ap weapons.

Okay, so what will the next "I'm too stupid to read" troll ruling be? How many have we gone through lately? Has every dex so far had one, or has it actually only been chaos players?

If it wasnt for the new DG shit coming out I'd be building a CS army right now.
Their fluff is cheesy as hell, but in a way I like

You forgot
>factions are extremely bland.

Neat warband on paper but their paint scheme's already taken by a better legion and even GW doesn't know what to do with them. Are they undivided or Khornate? It changes depending on which book or supplement you read.

Is death guard grenade spam an actual tactic or just a meme?

Yeah, and they can move after disembarking so they can give that up to summon. That's how you can summon when disembarking.

>model can still move and act normally
>summoning is something you can do if you move, and something you do that's normal

Have you even read their fluff? They aren't Khornates. Neither do they follow Chaos religiously.

Xenosfags absolutely BTFO, when will they learn they are NPC and chaos is the only threat that actually matters? At this point khorne uses octarius as his personal playground

I would like to see all armies get access to better snipers to deal with the morale problem.

I use a banner for my melta squads in my salamander army

We'll find out soon, my bubonic brother.

They're Tzeentch

Why would Chaos troll with bad rules intentions to make themselves look bad?

Fuck off, namefag.

Because:

... Just as planned?

Snipers doesn't really deal with the Orks morale method.
Orks just have a shit load of leadership, if you can beat them in a war of attrition you MIGHT start whittling into their leadership enough that they start losing boyz to battleshock by round 5.
Better snipers would help deal with nids and guards hordes though.
Having a plan to sabotage your own reputation in the eyes of the community isn't a plan, and if it is it's a shit plan, there's no long game to be had there.

They got cursed by Tzeentch to be haunted by the "spirits" of those they kill. In order to stop the constant voices they need to kill more.
They don't kill out of devotion for khorne.

Other than the originals, which Chapters would be most likely to have a Mastodon?

Aurora Chapter are tread-heads, maybe them? Storm Wardens are tread-heads with fukhueg swords, maybe them even more-so?

That's exactly the problem with shit like conscripts. They're 150pts, and you have to devote several times as many points for get through them while also getting chewed up in the process

They're undivided but are allied with some world eater beserkers who needed a new warband.

They joined up with abbadon and got gifted loads of ships and troops so they can call up any cult troops they like.

Not really, they're more like world eaters but with loads of sorcerers in the fluff.
They're all about possessed, sorcerers and khorne berserkers, they're not know for apostles.

I thought, the regeneration rule disallows other sources of healing?

>Having a plan to sabotage your own reputation in the eyes of the community isn't a plan, and if it is it's a shit plan, there's no long game to be had there.
The same could be said about the first twelve Black Crusades, but that got retconned into a masterplan just a bit ago. You're just not thinking long term enough.

Their backstory is retarded. If a Chaos god can just curse an entire chapter unilaterally and make them all insane why wouldn't they do it more often?

Goddamn dude, nice.

Eldar, nid and guard codexes next.

Any rules with weird wording in there?

The warpsmith rule doesn't allow you to repair the model with more than one warpsmith, but doesn't say anything about other sources of regeneration.

Also, I just realized that it's actually d3 wounds repaired. So minimum of 2 wounds repaired a turn, average is just a little lower than 5 (because of the chance of the psychic power not manifesting).

Throw in that stratagem that lets you have a unit of cultists regenerate itself, and you can have a pretty immortal army.

In the case of the Black Crusade it makes some sense.
Abaddon's personal goal, kill the Emperor. Chaos God's goal, spread the warp into the materium, exist, thrive.
Abaddon may be failing his personal goal but his attempts still further the will of Chaos.
The fact he somehow managed to destroy the pylons holding the warp out of real space is the equivalent of throwing him a bone at this point.

>Other than the originals, which Chapters would be most likely to have a Mastodon?

Minotaurs: because they have tons of old relics they bought with High Lord good boy points

Any Iron Hands successor: because they're tight with the Mechanicum and/or have the technical ability to keep one running for 10k years

I'll assume some nid stuff involving synapse or guard morale stuff will be tons of troll debates. Even if GW completely fixes the conscript stuff people talk about, there will be at least one user arguing that things still work in a way that would take two seconds to disprove. Just for the hell of it.

Is that the Sigmarine chick?