Who are some legitimate competitors to ETH?

Who are some legitimate competitors to ETH?

ETC is the retarded little brother (like LTC to BTC), ELLA the retarded virgin sister, Enigma is Jews, UBIQ is LOL, EOS and ADA are both blatant vaporware scams.

The two remaining worthy competitors are ByteBall and NEO. Am I wrong?

NEO is not only worthy one, its a better one.

NEO and hopefully ICX (We'll have to wait a month to see if this one delivers)

QTUM also does smart contracts

what makes you say EOS is a scam?

ByteBall is cooler than NEO though. I'm just trying to litmus test how much Veeky Forums dislikes ETH. I was almost an ETH maximalist for awhile, but it seems there's simply better tech out there and the ETH development solutions are too far away on the horizon.

Plus it's overbought HARD for something with potentially infinite supply. Any reason not to jump ship to a diff smart contract platform?

Never heard of ICX but I'll check that out.

DragonChain.

The coin is nothing but a collectible item. Read the white paper.

Tezos - never coming to mainnet
Wanchain - good
Can't think of anything else.

Zen Protocol could be a buy. Decentralized oracle and functional smart contract platform, but it's still very early in development.

How is NEO better than LISK?

>better tech
like?

Ethos?
Also F T J

ICX, NEO

ETH (and ETC), NEO and EOS already have working smart contract platforms.

Lisk and Ark is behind it. ADA plans it, but seems far off.

Can't say about others.

All those platforms are quite different, except maybe ADA, which is by the ETH guys and I suppse they also want a shit spammed system.

There are none.
It's easy to make something that's technically better than ethereum, in large parts thanks to the existence of ethereum and its problems.
It's very hard to create adoption.

At this point almost all coins are better than btc at payments. Yet they aren't used while btc is, people are even willing to pay $30 in fees.

Ethereum is the only coin with adoption except btc, yet it's actually great for payments and best for smart contracts. Regarding them remember to compare existing solutions and not promises. Trying to dethrone ethereum is going to be damn near impossible.

If not for the idiocy of blockstream bitcoin would have millions of transactions and icos running on the counterparty protocol, while ethereum would be barely used, just as other alts today.

I don't think Vitalik is going to suddenly morph into Gregory Maxwell once eth becomes the first coin, so instead of an artificially hampered king (btc) new competitors would have to win with a moving innovating target.

THIS

read the thread

ByteBall also works. Ella and Ubiq might work idk.

NEO STRAT and BITB

I get your reasoning, but I think you overestimate the adoption advantage that Ethereum has. Fact of the matter is that (effectively equal ERC20) coins on the one hand, and then Etherdelta on the other hand, are the only dApps currently being used.

this guy gets it. there are a million eth knockoffs just like there are a million btc knockoffs. having "better tech" doesnt matter. the tech can be approved. getting shit loads of developers and enterprises using your product is the hard part.

all that said, ICX looks like the most legitimate competitor at this point. lisk is the shittiest of them all. dont touch that javascript (lol) faggot coin with a 10ft pole

Adoption can come with time, especially since ETH clogs up so easily. I don't the market will patiently wait for it's solutions to arrive (read: I'm placing my money elsewhere hoping competing platforms get some hype until ETH is a bit better).

ICX will destroy ETH in the coming years

Bitcoin actually was the best public currency tech until blockstream though and scaling politics (thanks to blockstream).

If BCH had the mining power of BTC it'd be the best coin.