Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Talk about 40k you fucks edition

Old >>daily duncan (hes back!): youtube.com/watch?v=2CkdCVD-0lg

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Orks and fuck Rand.

1st for Forge World Metalica! Search and Destroy!

3rd for the old school

But user 40k is clearly an endorsement for ancaps, look how all the factions utilize the state to oppress!

STOP

fuck off

Mea culpa. I'll keep it out of this thread.

Thank you, user.

Reminder that you can summon after disembarking from a transport, and this will help to keep daemons competitive without resorting to magnus spam.

Has the DG codex leaked?

there are video reviews out, but not a full scan.

Was the game balanced back then?

Man those Fire Dragon paintjobs are as bad as Veeky Forums stuff.

Define balanced.

Where my tactical marines aren't useless.

>be me
>live in Germany under Mommy Merkel (peace be upon her name)
>play TSons
>best friend plays Grey Knights
>he loves to homebrew
>one day he comes to me with some new psychic powers based off of old ones from back in 3e
>one of them is called Holocaust
>awkward but ok
>we play
>he tries to cast the power while we're in combat
>I roll to deny the witch with one of my sorcerers
>success
>hear a knock on the door
>open it
>get tackled by large burly brown men in uniform who handcuff me
>get sent to jail under Holocaust denial laws
I-it wasn't supposed to end up like this Veeky Forums......

Lets talk terminators, you know them, you love them

What's your favorite type to use? What weapons do you equip them with?

Deep strike or land raider?

Tactical Marines have never been good except for in 7th edition thanks to battle company.

Tac marines were not useless.

Share lore please
>hope that the T'au represent and bring to the galaxy
lel
Tau is nobledark now

LC Tartaros, deep strike. I like all three types, but Cataphractii is too slow to actually use their rules.

Having enjoyed 8th more than 7th, I feel like now that the new toy syndrome has worn off, I'm having trouble believing that the game is actually good or fun. Tell me TG, is the game actually good/fun? Why or why not?

>TG
stop
>is the game actually good/fun?
It's better than it was, that's for sure.

THIS MAN GETS IT

Indomitus for life. I play Deathwing and Grey Knights so I give my Deathwing sergeants hammers and the rest of them an assortment of a heavy weapon, lightning claws and power fist. Grey Knights take falchions and halberds because those are the only two weapons worth taking. Paladin squad Paragons get hammers.

Fuck the gay ass new marks of Terminator armor 2bh

>Play Night Lords in HH
>run terror assault
>Have 30 Volkite dudes
>HH is kill
>time for 40k
>Still have 30 Volkite dudes
What the fuck do I do with 30 Volkite dudes in 40k?

I've been having fun with it, everyone else I've played with is having fun with it

Every match I've played so far has been very close which tells me that balance has been improved immensely, yeah sure theres always those WAAC dipshits trying to play broken lists for the sake of winning, but you shouldn't be playing them anyways

8E is a bit too bland to be as fun as 7E. The problem is 7E was too broken to be fun period. So once the new toy factor has worn off, 8E seems a bit boring and the units less unique. This is why you sometimes get random faggots saying 7E was better, because they had a specific group of people they were close with to play 7E in a way that was actually fun. Most normal people couldn't have fun in 7E because the average 40k player is a complete faggot.

Bulldog helmets are the way to go, though the other two marks have their charm

Magnetized my termies so I can use them for multiple strategies, glad I stuck with using space wolves rules for my custom chapter, the flexibility in their terminators makes them a very fun unit to use

I'm probably going to pick up more to possibly run a terminator heavy list once I get tired of playing dreadnought lists (if ever)

How are spartans nowadays for hauling around 10+ terminators

8e has a better rules framework than 7e. However, it isn't doing anything interesting with those rules. Everything is homogenized into roughly the same stats, so all the factions start to feel very samey.

It isn't a fatal blow to 8th. GW could still fix it with the codex releases. But of the codexes released so far, nothing has been particularly stand-out interesting. They're virtual copy/pastes of the indexes, with 4 pages of rules tacked on.

So most people don't have high hopes for the factions being fun. 8th edition is the league of legends of wargaming, and we could have gotten dota instead.

I see you also have the cool HK CML conversion. Why is it always the SW players who do it though

No, don't post spoilers. My codex haven't arrived yet.

Are you ready for your faction to get to ignore cover and reroll wounds to buildings?

>Wolf dick out of nowhere

Most of the big flavor seems to be in stratagems. Though the problem with that is that you're using those only a fairly limited amount of times per match.

because the space wolves terminator set comes with every weapon they can equip except the cyclone

and combi weapons but at the time no kits outside of the standard captain set had them

Man, I miss the old carnifex.

I knew there had to be a reason it was such a specific thing. I bet a lot of old BT terminator models had converted launchers too when they could take more than 1 per 5 but the box only came with 1.

that and a lot of the stratagems are being repeated, or given to new factions with very minor variations.

Today's lucius reveal has me even more scared that we're going to get a subfaction with +1 defensive bonus and a stratagem that lets them deploy units 9 inches away from the enemies in every codex.

So far, AL, RG, and Lucius have gotten that pattern.

Other stratagems also seem samey. It looks like we're going to get a shoot twice or fight twice stratagem in every codex. A 3 tanks unite for a super shot in every codex. etc, etc.

fuck a spartan, go full viking longboat with a mastodon

you could fit TWENTY terminators in the damn thing

Guy at my LGS has one of these with a bunch of viking shields lined up along that angled bit of the hull on the sides like a longship. Good shit.

>Lucius drowned in an ocean
>blown up by land mines
>thrown into space
>deaths with no clear killer
>Lucius always comes back

So basically Lucius is unkillable except for the condition that Slaanesh placed on his gift/curse. Lucuis can only be killed by a being whose heart is filled with nothing but mercy and compassion.

Can you guys give me guesses who can that be?

Some of the best tournament armies all had a large core of tactical marines and Razorbacks/rhinos.

It was a far more balanced game back then. No stupid Lord of War units, no horde of special characters, even the ones that existed needed express permission to use. A smaller, tighter and more well balanced selection of units with little in the way of anything totally game dominating. No real broken combos. No flyers. No broken psychic phase. You had to actually use a mixed arms approach when building lists and running more than 1 basilisk was seen as kinda cheesy because that's about as powerful it got.

Better days. Sadly GW realised the community has no self control and would jump onto any obviously overpowered crap to win games even if this wasn't in the spirit of the game and now here we are where running a primarch , a near titan and a gunship with a million shots is seen as a normal game.

Ignore this fool

My FLGS is run by some asians. I like to ask questions about 40k because it's funny to see the guy shill with his accent.

>yes da new edition is verry baranced
>space-a marine verry popurar
>brud angers

I, CATO SICARIUS

believe me the thought has crossed my mind, damn though the thing is expensive and theres no way you could make any list with that thing AND terminators that would do well so you'd have to get one with the sole intention of playing things like apocalypse

If you could get pictures of it that would be greatly appreciated, I'm walking into a tournament this Sunday and if by the miracle of modern dice rolling I win, the prize money would allow me to afford one and I could use some inspiration

>multiple Emperor's children short stories and novels that have been released or will be released

EC confirmed for getting a new codex?

Doesn't matter
Muh Chaos can't lose in any manner or shape

I don't fucking get why chinks don't learn how to speak with proper accents. Is it really that hard, learning how to switch accents based on social context?
t. chink

Ihope so. Slaanesh needs some love.

Maybe because speech pathology is a little more complex than "git gud faggot"

They literally don't have an L sound in their language, and its all muscle memory.

You ABC or what.

Yes they do you dumbass gwai lo. It's the Japanese who don't have R and V sounds in their language.

>THE UNDYING: I am the Undying, I am doom incarnate...

>He towered over me, this monster of living metal. He wore a crown with a red gemstone, torcs banded his mechanised arms and an azure pectoral hung around his neck. These were royal trappings. Here I fought a king of the dead, a robotic anachronism of an old and conceited cultured, full of darkest anima. Necrons they were called. His regal status only spurred me on.

>SICARIUS: We are the slayers of kings!

>I spat the words in anger at the gilded monster before me.

>He and I, we fought alone. None interfered. I had drawn only my sword, and would engage it thusly. For my victory to have any meaning, this was how it had to be. Even terms, his crackling war-scythe matched against my venerable Tempest Blade. But in the end, it was not my sword that was found wanting...

>After a savage duel, he cut me deeply. No foe had ever done that before. And with blood filling my mouth, I fell. I, Cato Sicarius, Master of the Watch, Knight Champion of Macragge, Grand Duke of Talassar and High Suzerain of Ultramar, fell. And as the veil of darkness wrapped around me like a funerary shroud, I heard the monster’s words again...

>THE UNDYING: I am doom

-Veil of Darkness

>mfw "I, CATO SICARIUS" is actually canon

That's what I did though.
Nah. I was born and raised in Asia, only been to America two times. The fact that I can speak in clear english and chinese without really trying makes me wonder why others can't though.

Slaanesh is the god thats least likely to abide to any restriction set by itself, Lucius will always come back to life as long as he pleases Slaanesh.

>There will never be a slaanesh codex with a heavy theme of leadership penalties, full of unique debuffs and ways to punish low leadership
>If we do get anything it will be bog standard noise weapons on everything and nothing truly cool.

Not that guy, but it's just learning to move your lips and tongue appropriately. You just have to know the mechanics that produce the sound.

That's objectively false. You're confusing us with nip nong japs.

I can speak foreign languages without the stereotypical American accent just by copying the way native speakers make their inflections. I always figured it was because English was just more varied of a language or something but I don't know, maybe most people are just fucking reatrds.

Why doesn't he clone himself a new head of hair?

>tfw can't roll my R's

Love Tartaros the most, especially the scarab occult. Haven't finished painting mine yet so I haven't used them on tabletop though. Also not quite sure how exactly I should kit out the squad yet, though it's relatively fine since I paint the parts before full assembly.
Speaking of which, I kinda want to equip my scarab occult squad with one hellfyre missile rack and a heavy warpflamer, is that a decent loadout? Is equipping both onto one guy just a meme, and should I do it or not? Which way looks cooler?

Same. I pretty much just learnt my american accent from copying TV.

Maybe it's autism. Would explain your inability to understand different people have different ability to learn and utilize langauge.

Well no shit different people have different capabilities with language. But that doesn't mean you can't try to not sound like a dumbass first generation immigrant does it?

In America people are, generally speaking, more accepting of people having foreign accents than in most other countries. Or at least that's what I've found. I think they hear English spoken by so many non-native speakers that they've just gotten used to it.

Hearty kek user.

>those dick cannon
Gork bless

That coupled with the fact that there aremany regional dialects and accents has kind of created a national culture where if you're the kind of person who cares too much about "proper English" you kind of come off as a cunt

>hey git, wanna see me snapper?

>For der Führer

>those dildo bayonet
Kek