Why do folks not summon angels for companionship? Wouldn't it be a lot less risk than summoning a demon?

Why do folks not summon angels for companionship? Wouldn't it be a lot less risk than summoning a demon?

Angels are not slaves

I'd rather not piss off the creator of the universe.

Because they are so much worse.

Angels are dicks.

you can summon angels just fine in MtG

besides that, demons tend to accept any job if you pay them enough, the probability of getting eaten is a risk most people assume is worth it or they somehow think they can outsmart a demon into getting a freebie

angels however, tend to be more likely to just outright reject your offer or refuse to be summoned in the first place since they already have a day job serving [insert deity]

angels tend to be depicted as the "dont call us, we will call you" type of people, and attempting to summon one might just get the divine answering machine

more importantly depends on the setting since some settings are less picky about what the angels do

>Why don't folks summon the crazy religious nut instead of the crazy slut.

Pretty much.

What if i summon angel and succubus to do alot of accounting work. How did this end up?

even if you summoned one, they won't help you, probably just give you very minimal guidance and a shitload of riddles.

You're better off just summoning Jews then ain't you?

Lets say i am busy archmage from magic university and inspection comes tommorow. Jews probably know this and price will be unacceptable.

Demons can be bargained with like any other sentient, angels and higher beings tend to look down on the notion of being summoned. Their masters outright bar or forbid it or at a more simple level. There is no Known method for containing and compelling obedience from divine or celestial beings

Angels are busy doing their deities' work with supernatural devotion and singlemindedness. Demons are acting independently on their own impulses or just twiddling their thumbs, with no direct orders from their superiors.
>Idle hands are the Devil's tools.

Your building destroyed because angels and demons get along like cats and dogs.

They generally enforce the will of their creator, so just dicking around with summoners won't fly. They could maybe work with you if you have the same ideals and objectives though. The Boris Legion is led by angels, for example.

It would put bikers out of business.

depends on your goal. they both can help you equally, but angels dont mix with objectives motivated by greed, anger, hate, etc.

Usually, they have better things to do. However, getting an angel gf isn't entirely unheard of.

>Wouldn't it be a lot less risk than summoning a demon?
It would be even riskier. You know where you stand with evil. You don't know what good thinks of you. Few mortals are without sin and if the angel decides you have one too great then you are done for. Angels can be terrifying. Fear not and all that.

arent angels supposed to be comforting and understanding?

have you heard of a little book called the Bible?

every first born child being killed, humans being warded from paradise by an angel with a flaming sword, cities being razed in pillars of fire

shit is terrifying

Depends on the setting(tm), but usually I find they are depicted as soldiers of their god(s). Soldiers are comforting because they kill the bad guys not because they want to be your friend. You could have friendlier angels if you want, but I like this variant the most. I like the idea of angels being more concerned with fighting evil than helping the innocent (especially since if you have sin then no one is innocent in your setting). If an angel shows up, you don't want to be around because someone or something is about to feel the wrath of god, etc, etc.

>companionship
But user, I wanted to fuck succubus. Can you do lewds with angels and saints? I wouldn't mind getting a wingjob.

i grew up in a very catholic country, and everyone really emphasized that angels are decidedly not the avenging angel from the bible but are supposed to be caring, nurturing, and good
they are meant to be warm and caring, with such swift acts reserved for the truly evil, and certainly not on humans

the catholic church really wants to distance itself from the "holy wrath of god" stereotype that is always spread around

i guess i have no problem with militant angels, but it always strikes me as odd that other people instantly imagine that

Did you fire your Bursar or something?

Angels don't offer companionship. Why would you even need it if God is always with you? Is it because you're a sinner? I would think then that summoning a punisher of sins isn't a good idea.

I don't mean to present my concept of an angel as the end all be all. If you prefer angels that focus on providing comfort to their flock in your setting then go on ahead. I like the soldier interpretation for my setting, but there is no right answer. I mainly go for the militant type because it makes more sense for the purpose they serve in my games rather than any belief I have outside of those games. Play them how you like.

>HELLO user.
>YOU HAVE SUMMONED ME FORTH FROM THE THRONE OF GOD.
>LET ME GUESS, YOU NEEDED SOME WHEELS.
>HAHA.

no, but he's been overdoing the frog pills lately

Because summoning an extradimensional entity to be your waifu instead of getting a real wife, having kids and being prosperous, the thing god commands you do, is not something an agent of god would approve of.

People can understand Demons, and are less scary and easier to understand as they are extremes of emotions humans like. No one likes angels whom are extremes of rigid strict law, and sharing shit. TL:DR Angels are communists, no one likes communists.

acktchualily They were created as servants of God, so yes they are "slaves".

Main reason that Angel summoning isnt a thing in general fantasy settings, is that it is implied that they are protected by God from such things, while demons aren't.

Oh yes, they are obedient, just not to humans...yet1 Corinthians 6:3

It is commanded by God. Angels dont operate by their own will. they Are compassionate and good, but they are primarily servants and soldiers, unlike humans, therefore, they are first and foremost ready to execute commands of God.

You know what they say? You have to beg god, you only have to hint devil.

>Go to summon angel for "companionship"
>have to marry it as part of the ritual
>pretty serious shit but think pretty angel waifu will be worth it
>End up married to a fucking burning ball of wheels and eyes
>basically eldritch ideal gf but with added holiness and no human form
>It prevents you from getting into relationships for the rest of your life
I wouldn't want that myself, but I'm stealing this premise for the sake of cute. And that pun.

Also, "until death do apart" wont work (since one partner cant die) in this case and you are stuck with her for eternity.

>thinking the divine being is equal to domesticated beast like a dog.
nigga what

succubus suck your dick, while the angel report you to the authority for disclosing last year tax you purposely hide from the IFRS, you dirty nigger Jew

>Why do folks not summon angels for companionship?
isnt that basically story in Supernatural series since season 4?

>Why do folks not summon angels for companionship? Wouldn't it be a lot less risk than summoning a demon?

Angels can't fall in love. They're too obtuse.

Demons CAN fall in love. Demons can even make friends if you're just looking for something platonic, the point is chaos breeds emotionally complex beings.

>Demons CAN fall in love.
Depends on setting
If it is purely Christian setting, then they are just hateful savages that purely hate God and Humans, without proper reasons (if we don't count Satan being a whiny bitch in some settings as a reason).

If you go with Christian setting then both angels and demons are the same - because they are the same.

Also reminder based on bibble Satan is a dragon that will go off and chat with god, as god likes his advices.

angels aren't for waifu

agels are for kills

unfortunately, in this situation, you would receive the divine variant of neutering in regards to her so.....yeah no.

>If you go with Christian setting then both angels and demons are the same - because they are the same.
Angel that disobeys God is not Angel anymore, it becomes twisted and degenerate. Its like saying that Undead is Human.

>Also reminder based on bibble Satan is a dragon that will go off and chat with god, as god likes his advices.
Your assumption is based on false information and wrong understandings of bible parts that are distinct.

First of all, Angels and demons are immaterial and dont have any form. We give it to them for sake of symbolism and iconography. As for the Dragon in Revelations, it is to describe him as abomination and monstrosity, not that he literally is some kind of Alduin that swung his tail and took stars with him.
As for the story of Job, some parts are fables and interpretation from mans perspective, besides the fact that you missed entire point of that book in general.

>that pic
why tho?

eh, i prefer this type of setting
>demons are always the choice in summoning because to them, humans/mortals are very easy to manipulate/bargain/persuade
>they either have no rules or make their own
>most demons are fallen angels who simple didn't like being obedient, therefore breaking the rules and falling
>angels don't bother much with humans/mortals since they are always good on their own, and the All-Mighty rules suggest that they are not allowed to interfere.
>the only exception is that they would help certain individuals to handle certain threats that are either too much of the mortals or something that they're never meant to encounter, therefore they would provide help with exorcising demons

I can imagine some urban fantasy setting where King Solomon received instructions directly from heaven to get rid of genies, which then was past on over the years and then falls in the hands of the PCs.

user, he already asked you about summoning a demon.

demon make you fall in the illusion that it fell in love with you. and at a moment later, it will suck your soul.

an agent sent from place where all wicked men sent to in afterlife wont be that much of a naive human, as conman and adulterers would have tried to seduce the demons since time eternal.

>Implying

How about that Demons are evil degenerate savages but once they can feel love, the slowly become Angels again?

Well sorry, I just you know, read the book. It's in my shelf you see, one of the oldest translations, straight from Greek (As these are oldest versions that were written down)

But that doesn't matter, in my games angels are just a corrupted and twisted version of some winged folk (Same for demons).
But I do have some devils, they are based on Baltic mythology ones - kindhearted creatures with tendencies to help the poor, unfortunated and betrayed. Also they come in handy when you want to revive some poor sod or kill some trickster.

angel tool god

god kill

doesn't make any sense, they're not meant to be that way, unless your setting is from some shitty doujin/vn.

>Well sorry, I just you know, read the book. It's in my shelf you see, one of the oldest translations, straight from Greek (As these are oldest versions that were written down)
Well, what a coincidence, I did the same, as well as other sources, such as works of Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite and John the Damascene.

>But that doesn't matter, in my games angels are just a corrupted and twisted version of some winged folk (Same for demons).
So they are Just another race like Aedra and Daedra? Well, thats boring...

>But I do have some devils, they are based on Baltic mythology ones - kindhearted creatures with tendencies to help the poor, unfortunated and betrayed. Also they come in handy when you want to revive some poor sod or kill some trickster.
But devil means "who deceives", whats the point of having a devil, that is good? Wouldn't it just be a helping spirit or basically just an angel?

Those pics made me sad

> tfw classical Russian and European authors had the motive of a demon striving to become an angel again by falling in love in multiple pieces of art
> tfw you're just some shitty doujin

meant this
Also, I want to know a backstory of these

It's because in the Bible angels normally show up to fuck shit up. Not to mention the fact the Bible says not to try and summon one.

In many ways angels are far more terrifying than demons.

W-what happens if I don't laugh at the joke?

>Not to mention the fact the Bible says not to try and summon one.
Well, it prohibits to summon anyone or anything from another world in general, be it Angel (including fallen of course) or Human (including damned).

Solomon fucked that up. Bitch just couldn't leave shit alone and now nobody's allowed to contact any thing. The ultimate "don't call us, we'll call you."
Feels bad man.

I've got you, senpai,

> My Cumdump is a Vacuous Angel

>Can you do lewds with angels and saints?

Ever heard of aasimar?

That projecting...

It will be sad. It's just trying to help.

Do you really think you'll have the choice not to?

Everything is scary that you summon from other world. Be it Demon or Undead.
Like witch of Endor was shocked and startled when she saw Actual Samuel standing before her and Saul. (talk about a "necromancer" btw)

>It
ANGELS ARE NOT OBJECTS, REEEEEE

Well it's not devil, just a horned human like creature in the mithology under then name "Velinas" - word derived from soul, sometimes called soul of kind hearted people, so word devil might be translation to the similar creature, it's not good one.

As for reason why, because it's depiction of this entity much older then cathalic one and thus one players don't expect.

As for another race, no, devils and angels are not another race they are result a disease, one that causes madness in the ones contracting it, leading them to act like the "usual" depictions and might infect almost any race.

Reason for all that is simple - my world has laws of science applying to it as well as magic which comes after the creatures that evolved in it (And irony is that my campaigns have very few humans, so such races are more common quite often)

>he won't fuck his waifu if she's a burning ball of wheels and eyes
Sinner, please.

>Wouldn't it be a lot less risk than summoning a demon?
That's funny. Some daemonologists wrote on this topic and came to conclusion that if such ritual would work summoned angel immediately take your soul for the judgement. Basically summoners are calling police to send them booze, hookers and drugs because they have no cocaine and alcohol left and now get realy horny.

Oh, so they are sort of a satyres. my bad, terminology just confused me, should've seen that comming.

My fantasy world is quite simple, actually. Its heavily Christian one. It just appears as post-day-of-Judgement. As if new world was created by Humans and mortal races are living in it with different characteristics.
In general, setting is like Angels and Saints (that act like demiurges and sort of the divines) VS Demons and Damned. While Demons appear as monstrous abominations and Eldritch horrors, Damned appear as Basic, Decaying Skeletal creatures engulfed with flames. Appearance of latter is actually somewhat inspired by Appearance of Mephisto in Diablo II. While setting in general was also somewhat infleunced by wakfu pls no bully ;_;

Those aren't in the bible numbnuts.
That's the old testament and the Jewish Kabbalah.

"In the last heaven Moses saw two angels, each five hundred parasangs in height, forged out of chains of black fire and red fire, the angels Af, "Anger," and Hemah, "Wrath," whom God created at the beginning of the world, to execute His will. Moses was disquieted when he looked upon them, but Metatron embraced him, and said, "Moses, Moses, thou favorite of God, fear not, and be not terrified," and Moses became calm. There was another angel in the seventh heaven, different in appearance from all the others, and of frightful mien. His height was so great, it would have taken five hundred years to cover a distance equal to it, and from the crown of his head to the soles of his feet he was studded with glaring eyes. "This one," said Metatron, addressing Moses, "is Samael, who takes the soul away from man." "Whither goes he now?" asked Moses, and Metatron replied, "To fetch the soul of Job the pious." Thereupon Moses prayed to God in these words, "O may it be Thy will, my God and the God of my fathers, not to let me fall into the hands of this angel."

Catholics colored angels in familiar lights so they can liken them to pagan mythical figures. In writings angels are either messengers or destroyers.

>Old testament is not a Bible
Marcion, pls go away

>summon angels for companionship

I mean, if you're not forcing anyone and just want a friend or someone to help you become a better person, I think that's okay.

>Metatron
>Making apocrypha part of the bible

>>>/oven/

Also, you can read book of Tobit for example. They are not just destroying AI robots.

Its not fuckwit. The bible is the gathered writings of the apostles and several other religious writers during and after Jesus's lifetime. It has passages removed and added throughout the centuries that its not even the same book every version.

Okay, call him Alan Rickman

Your book is a jewish book from jewish writers Christ-fag.

Less satyr, more benevolent god of underworld, charity and blacksmithing, because before christianity's propaganda, such gods were rarely if ever evil.

No they are not. But most times they are portrayed as unsympathetic and cold, as they still have their pride as the only thing that makes them interact with humans is their devotion to the creator.

the church is aware of what the bible says
they deliberately steer away from it because they want to focus on mercy and compassion, and angels based around gentleness and guidance are closer to that

Well fuck their doctoring of the text, it gave a lot of Christians wrong ideas for centuries.

>T. Ultramarines
the codex astartes is not the end all be all

Im talking about pseudoepigraphics and noncanonical, extrabiblical sources, you little shit. Those """mentions""" of Angels and to apply it to the Bible is same as to apply Myths in Rigveda to it.

Source or gtfo
Also:
>as they still have their pride
And God despises proud as it is said in the Bible. So this is clearly extrabiblical and uncannonical.

angels are sticks in the mud

demons while potentially ranging from "evil" to EVIL- arent

She eventually cut that shit out

>Those """mentions""" of Angels and to apply it to the Bible is same as to apply Myths in Rigveda to it.
More like to apply book of Mormons and ENDLESSCELESTIALSEX

I think the problem is more how do you fuck it?
Where do you put benis?

She probably doesn't really need all those eyes, right?

>Where do you put benis?
between the eyeballs, rub it in the crevasse of those moist squishy balls

Hey man, don't you be making fun of the Book of Mormon. The Jospeh Smith translations help the Bible be more readable, and I'd rather be having endless celestial sex than playing a harp for entirety

>I'd rather be having endless celestial sex than playing a harp for entirety
your Imagen heaven to be that like in looney tunes?

Angels aren't as easy to summon, and the power given by magic kind of makes people lean towards evil.

That said I do summon angels for company, just NG ones that don't bust me for missing a digit on my taxes or jaywalking.

Do Angels have free will?