/swg/ - Tarantino Directs Episode IX Edition

Previous Thread: Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega:#F!blI01Jga!6uL6fLHF2rJFKDN57E14WQ!69Z3HZzT

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/63ieUn7g
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

we speculate about a universe where David Lynch actually accepted the offer to direct Return of the Jedi, or the fictional future where Tarantino was offered the chance to direct Episode IX

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jyte9Lizcpw
youtube.com/watch?v=agcc7w8YmHo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there a sign in my yard that says dead jedi storage?

Do you know what a love letter is? It's a blast from a fuckin' death star, fucker.
If you receive a love letter from me, you are fucked forever.

Do you understand, fuck? I'll send ya straight to Hell, fucker!

WHAT DOES MACELLUS WINDU LOOK LIKE?

Imma get Old Republic on your ass

I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately I don't have Sheev, Kylo, Vader, or Captive yet. I'll be sure to integrate them as soon as I get them though

I modified the list slightly, taking title off and putting Isard on instead of Kallus. I kept Redline as is, and I want to test it as is with the Ordanance, but I'll also experiment with other wingmen

What would be your recommended wingman btw?

VT-49 Decimator: · Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
TIE Punisher: · "Redline" (27)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Fire Control System (2)
Guidance Chips (0)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

I'm getting really impatient for Heart of the Empire to be released for Imperial Assault. Jabba's Realm was released last December, and all we've gotten since then are three little figure packs, which have, if anything, reinforced scum's strength in skirmish.

I never pass up a chance to use pic related.

I'm only half joking when I say I'd like to see what Wes Anderson would do directing a Star Wars movie.

Which expansions for the Star Wars LCG are actually worth getting?

Rey would be barefoot for the majority of the film but it'd still be less disgusting than what Abrams's plot treatment will be.

same guy, quick rules question
Can Ysanne Isard be used on Epic ships to perform the free evade?

No, epic ships can't take tokens at all IIRC

Or at least not Focus/Evade

So, for the FFG Star Wars RPG system, if I'm going to GM for a group that knows only DnD 5e, it'd be best to run one of the beginner sets then?

It might help them get to grips with it to use premade characters.
But honestly, I wouldnt say it'll make that much difference.
If you have it, then hell, you might as well run that as a taster session sorta jam.

It's

>Epic Ships cannot perform free actions
>Epic ships discard focus/evade tokens that they recieve.

So that means on an epic ship, Ysanne does nothing twice.

Is Fel or Inquisitor better as wingman for RAC? Don't have Raider yet so can't use Vader

The issue here is that

>RAC's wingman needs to be survivable
>The punisher is the worst ship in the game.
>Your punisher is overloaded with upgrades.

Like look at your Cruise missiles- They don't interact with Redline's ability at all, and his fastest move is a 3-straight (besides his K-turn)

So a Cruise missile caps at 4 dice for him, can only be used sometimes, and costs as much as a plasma torp.

Then, you have 2 and EM- How many games do you expect to actually live long enough to shoot 6 munitions off without dying?

The only munitions Redline should carry are Concs, Plasma, Proton, or Ion torps. He only needs 4 shots at most.

Then, 1 agility and 2 agility is not a good idea. Your list has 25 health with what is effectively 1 agility. If you hit any sort of TLT or 4+ ship list, that's game before you deploy.

Wingmen that work are

Soontir, Carnor, Inquisitor, Vader, Whisper, /x7 defenders, Quickdraw and maybe backdraft.

Rather ironic considering she's a fleet commander of sorts

In other news, is Captain Oicunn with Intimidation/IP or APL/Boshek/Mara/Title worth it?

It depends on what your RAC is carrying.

What's the loadout on the RAC?

I like Intel agent+Boshek+Recruit+Engine+Daredevil+Dauntless.

Ram someone twice, and then boshek them if it would be bad for them.

Intimidation depends on your wingmen.

It's VI, Gunner, Kylo, and either HotCops or Vader with EU.

In today's high-shield meta, I'd put in Hotcops.

Also, I'd probably put in Vader or something, but of those 2, Inquisitor is the better option since Bomblet spam is everywhere as he has shields.

Inquis with Cruise or procket.

I want Vader eventually but just don't have enough for the Raider right now.

Could Homing Missiles work for Inquis? I have the points

>she's a fleet commander of sorts

I mean, that's a pretty tenuous link.
It IS kinda odd to me that half the officers for big ships dont work on B I G ships.

So the original looked like this:
VT-49 Decimator: · Captain Oicunn (42)
Intimidation (2)
Ion Projector (2)
· BoShek (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
Intelligence Agent (1)
· Dauntless (2)
TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/D (0)
-- TOTAL ------- 96p. --

The idea was ram and get in a position where they'll bump me again and trigger intimidation, and then either trigger IP, get Ion'd by Vessery, or Both.

I like the idea of Daredevil + EU though

>youtube.com/watch?v=Jyte9Lizcpw
It appears that the latest abomination only needs a few tweaks (i.e. a dorsal ridge) to not look like utter crap and properly convey its insane size...

I've seen a lot of lists using Kylo Ren as damage-dealing crew. What's the deal with him? If you ask me he looks like a waste of points.

I mean, sure it's fun to blind someone or give them PS0 but it all depends on nailing a crit to them, which means having to burn through tokens,deplete shields and roll a damn crit result.

Am i missing something here? Some OP combo that auto-applies a crit through shields or what?

nah it still looks like shit

RAC has an ability to change a focus to a crit at range 1-2
As long as the CRIT RESULT goes through, he can deal the faceup damage card. Since crits go through last, if RAC's attack hits and Kylo is crew, then you can deal the faceup (through shields)

Yeah, Kylo goes through shields, and not only that, but he's absolutely essential for sniping aces. Whether that's Fenn Rau, Rey, whoever, it gives you a LOT of control to make your choice a PS0

Oh if he ignores shields then i can see why he's so highly thought of.

So many lists either regen shields, have a dependance on their PS, or rely on few attacks.

Kylo on Rac skullfucks all of those. Corran+Nym vs Rac+Ace is the most one-sided game possible with top tier lists.

Is there any ST material for the FFG RPG?

This, the main reason that guy won GenCon with Corran+Nym was because the only RAC+Ace list there got bumped out at the top 8 and never faced him.

The S+V Podcast had a guy who was running RAC+Vader (which personally feels like SUCH a strong combo right now, even in objective terms, not just Imperial meta terms) who literally just lucked out by getting the two lists that pretty much autokill him still and not making the top 16.

Just The Force Awakens Core Game iirc

No, not really. I could give you stats for most of the VII ships if you wanted, and there's the TFA beginner game, but there's just so much copypasta that you could just copy most everything over wholesale

Have there been any scans of the new Counselor book for FaD? I keep checking the pastebin but no dice.

Those mentor rules looked really useful.

On one hand I love thematically that kylo is a bully in-game.

On the other hand, It's really not fun to get bullied by Kylo, especially if you are running a 2-ship build.

Love it.

The one with the dice that a few people actually play.

>Rey goes to learn Vaapad from Mace Windu, who after order 66 became the biggest dick. Also grew a long ass beard for some reason.

The guy who got his arm cut off and then was electrocuted before being force blasted out of an open balcony into a drop thousands of meters long?

Part of why he became a huge dick, obviously.
I'd be ok with watching Ep. IX if the cruel tutelage of Mace Windu was a thing.

Inb4 Mace is Snoke.

It's that or Snoke is Carnor Jax or TRIOCULUS

>The exquisite art of the Jedi lightsaber? Don't make me laugh. Your so-called exquisite art is only fit for Jedi fatheads.

I'd be fine if Snoke was Carnor, as long as we got a crew with his pilot ability

Apparently leaked dialouge indicates that snoke saw the fight between vader, luke, and the emperor.

If he was there, that only leaves royal guards.

Snoke is Carnor Jax confirmed.

>take Kill them with Kindness to remove a negative circumstance die from my pool when charming/negotiating
>from then on, everyone is mysteriously "inclined against negotiating on this topic" so they just have an extra negative circumstance die
>everything is exactly the same
Feels badman. I wonder if everyone would still be "inclined against negotiating on that matter" if I hadn't taken that skill.

Snoke is luke's puppet, luke is the head of the First Order.

>Episode IX
>Rey kills Snoke
>Luke tells her "there must always be an Empire led by a Sith lord"
>Rey puts on his golden bathrobe and leads the First Order away from the Resistance
>Episode X: Cataclysm
>Ressurected Django Fett in a ship shaped like a dragon shows up and fucks up all the planets we all know and love so they can have scenes on them and have them feel fresh again

>Snoke lies dead in his throne room
>Rey turns to see Luke sitting in Snoke's throne and giggling like a madman
>This scene happens: youtube.com/watch?v=agcc7w8YmHo

I hate you, and I hate this.

Arthas did nothing wrong.

You need double stress and integrated astromechs if you're using rebels. So Stresshog/mule or the upcoming Stressbug, integrated can be used at a pinch to negate Kylo's effect, and if we're talking about Kylo's pilot ability then you cna use Biggs to protect the afflicted ship as well.

For Scum, most of your ships have more hull than shields so are a bit more robust against Kylo than other factions. You don't have quite the same amount of lockdown gimmicks as rebels, your most reliable way of dealing stress would be Assaj Ventriss though, and that ship still works as a great lynchpin in an Attanni network.
Even without, with PTL and a few mods it still works great.

As for Imperials... yeah I got nothing. Tactician Snapshot Rhymer? With your own Kylo Ren inside? Imperials do not have the greatest amount of action economy control. Carnor and Omega Leader allow you to invalidate combat mods but it's not really the same thing.

Wondering what an XJ X-wing flying off against a T-70 X-wing would be like? How they would compare, what quirks and contrasts they'd have specifically? Also looks wise... were there any differences between the XJ and a T-65 apart from the extra launcher?

Was thinking about it for a fanfic.

Some of the later block XJs would certainly outfly unupgraded -70s, with the early runs being roughly comparable
As for visual appearance, the XJs would look basically identical to the 65A, the engines would look slightly different, being upgraded models, but that's about it

Fucking hate when gms do that.

Hell, when my pilot player got a skill to remove setbacks from pilot checks, I started adding setbacks to rolls that wouldnt have them so he'd get to remove them again and feel like a genius for grabbing the skill.

As in, the rolls would never have a setback in the first place? In that case, you are a good man.

Yeah, exactly.

He was pretty new to tabletop so I wanted to encourage him a bit.

Nice to see someone out there knows how to use setback die...

Played in a Roll20 game (first mistake); the GM *never* used setback. All checks were at minimum two purple, and he'd throw additional difficulty all the time. Apparently, being an Analyst trying to provide the group with boosts on how to small Imperial outpost (not a BBEG headquarters or anything) requires a Four Purple check due to the time of day and weather...

It might be a stupid question but is it possible to run pic related just for two people?
Me and my gf want to give it a try - we are both fans of the SW and find the FFG SW stuff look fancy as fuck (already playing x-wing and thinking about buying a legion core set) but we really have noone to play with irl so it's just the two of us.

It's entirely possible to run a game with only one player, though that one might not be best balanced around just one person.

If you're comfortable with reading the rules and adjusting difficulty of stuff on the fly so she doesnt get btfo, then it should work just fine.

I worry for this franchise. They raped it hard in EP7 enough.

I ran it for 3 without problem, just remember that you need at least one person who's good in a fight, and at least one person who's good at piloting.

Okay, that's fine.
I wish there was a way to run this game both as a player and GM like some kind of CYOA/gamebook

If you guys have X-Wing stuff already, check out the OP for Heroes of the Aturi Cluster which is a co-op campaign for X-Wing, with 'ai' for enemy units and shit.
Definitely worth a try if you guys have that and want to play something together.

Other than that, I suppose you could always try look around your local area, see if there's any tabletop groups who play FFG SW.
Failing that, you could try online but chances are often high that'll be a shitshow.

my recommendation is to let her make whatever character she wants, and then you control one as a sort of psuedo player character that fills in either combat or piloting, whichever she doesn't take for her character.

So one of you runs the game while the other is a player, then whoever is running the game has a skill monkey or fighter type that they make basic decisions with.

The game is great and what you're doing sounds cute, good luck to the both of you.

What are some good EPT'S for Rexler Brath?

Also it's my birthday /swg/, what should I do?

>what should I do
Bitches and tabletop I think

Expertise, VI, Predator, Lone Wolf, etc

I heard that starfighter combat is really bad in the FFG Star Wars RPG. Aside from Shipfag's combat fix in the OP, are there any other homebrew rules that are worth a look?

>Also it's my birthday /swg/, what should I do?
Liquor and whores

Rexler is starved for focus tokens.

As a result, his best EPT is Expertise. the Rexpert is always funny if it works, and that at least makes it work somewhat consistently.

Our man Chumbalaya below flew the Rexpert to win the Coruscant Invitational.

His other suggestions work well if you can't afford Expertise, and VI if you really need the PS for some reason.

What is the rest of your squad?

Speaking of the invitational, how goes Triocuculs? Did you get the mat that I sent?

How shit is this? I usually run a similar list but with PTL on both.

Firespray-31: · Boba Fett (39)
Adaptability (Increase) (0)
Cruise Missiles (3)
Autoblaster (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Dengar (3)
· Slave I (0)
Firespray-31: · Kath Scarlet (38)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Tail Gunner (2)
-- TOTAL ------- 99p. --

Why is Slave one there? Is it akin to Guidance chips and bomb loadout on a thug (for the memes)?

Not sure how needed the Autoblaster is, as with the cruise.

Dampeners are great on Firesprays.

Slave I for flavour. Autoblaster because when I took it off Boba due to lack of use, I ended up using his front arc a lot more (I've been flying double FS lists a lot, trying to git gud with them). CM because I faced a list with 3 lots of them and they're fucking scary; I tend to lose a FS if it gets hit by all 3 salvoes.

Oh and dampners are my usual illicit go-to.

Second this

I'm not super sure about the cruise and the autoblaster together.

Swapping one out to give both ships Dampeners would be my go-to. Maybe some actual EPT's too?

Probably the cruise, since you don't have chips.

Dark Greetings!

Design stuff I'm NDA'd on, but I hope y'all will be happy with the end result. Haven't got the mat yet, been busy these past few days and the office was closed this morning. When I get it I'll dump pics all over /swg/

My major issue with my current double FS build is the defensive capabilities; 2 greens and an evade often doesn't cut it, especially against high reds/evade cancelling stuff. That, and Kath really needs a target lock minimum.

The partner is a ramming Oicunn

How does this look? Should I replace Rexler

I might change the Decimator to RAC when I get Kylo

VT-49 Decimator: · Captain Oicunn (42)
Daredevil (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· BoShek (2)
Inspiring Recruit (1)
Intelligence Agent (1)
· Dauntless (2)
TIE Defender: · Rexler Brath (37)
Expertise (4)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)
-- TOTAL ------- 95p. --

Just ran RAC/Kylo/HotCops/Gunner against a poor unsuspecting player today. He quickly discovered his B-Wing with torpedoes was useless as I shut off his ability to shoot and Kylo'd him three times in a row to kill. His rage was so satisfying

Which is a better system for Star Wars rpgs, SAGA or the Fantasy Flight range.

So is this just the X-Wing general or do people actually talk about other games?

I'd like to talk about lore and the rpgs, but x-wing really dominates the discussion

If you read the thread there's significant film and FFG RPG talk

We just happen to be on a RAC streak right now

Sometimes people talk about Imperial Assault and we get infrequent (but lengthly) bursts of Armada

We'll talk about Armada if it ever gets and attention from FFG, and we'll discuss how to bamboozle our players in the RPG games from time to time.

If you've got any lore questions, fire away.

Ever notice how despite the vast majority of threads being maybe 5-10% X-wing discussion, the instant there's any more than that people like these start acting like it's smothering the thread?

>do you really buy into darth vong anal implants in the legends comic legacy about obiwan being the reason everything sucks?
>did you agree or like with the buildup to the mortis monument episode lore that the fate of the jedi and crucible EU was working at? specifically as a overarching super plot for the continuing of starwars?.
>do you think the new force tree/paragons exist stuff about anakin and possibly rey is better or worse?

these are my lore questions.

I'm not buying any of the rumors about VIII untill I see it on screen. There is a long history of rumors being complete horseshit and that trend will likely continue.

>>mdo you really buy into darth vong anal implants in the legends comic legacy about obiwan being the reason everything sucks?
Nah, Krayt was full of shit.
>did you agree or like with the buildup to the mortis monument episode lore that the fate of the jedi and crucible EU was working at? specifically as a overarching super plot for the continuing of starwars?
I like it in theory but I thought the execution was pretty abysmal.
>do you think the new force tree/paragons exist stuff about anakin and possibly rey is better or worse?
Meh, haven't actually seen how it's done yet so i cant really have an opinion on it.

You need to be able to arc-dodge with both of them. Engine and Dampeners(for the mind games, or the 1/game god shots/escapes)

The question then is what to do with the remaining 2 points.

God Damn, that double ram. build is goofy.

Not sure Oicunn can go with just a single wingman, and a 5 point bid is massive for a non-tier-0 list.

I'd swap the wingman down to a pair of something that costs 22, or a Phantom.

The Silencer would go there nicely as well once it comes out.

It's brutal, but please, don't bring it to casual games without informing your opponent. When I was practicing, I would state that I have 2 lists, one for a hardcore tournament-prep game (RAClo) and one for fun (Triple striker+Lambda).

Don't be a dick, it's not fun to be on the other end of Kylo. Nothing wrong with using him in a competitive environment though.

I can't want to see Trioculus/Sienar.

We talk about IA and Armada as well, and Legion in spurts based on announcments.

I also see a shitload of lore discussion, and people talking about the FFG RPG system as well.

Oh I usually don't bring RAC Kylo at all, this was the first time running it. Last game he ran a Z-95 with homing missiles and scavenger crane and absolutely brutalized Soontir so I took some revenge. He knew all along what I was bringing and how it worked

Personally I'd take out BoShek and put in Mara Jade to stress the ship you ram twice, but it's up to you

Sup /swg/, I have some questions.

I am in the process of re-buying my X-wing collection since it got stolen, and as I buy ships back, I'm re-re-painting them.

Does anyone know someone that doesn't like the Veterans/aces pack paintjobs for Bombers, Defenders, and Interceptors? It would save me a shitload of time repainting if i didn't have to make the blue interceptors and defenders into red ones, or the bomber into a grey/white gamma vet.

Also, anyone here want some rebel/scum expansions? I've got a set of stuff that I've picked up coincidentally that I don't really want in my collection (Most Wanted, etc) that I'm looking to trade for other expansions and upgrade cards.

Lastly, thoughts on having all of my FO stuff have this type of paintjob? Pic related on my TIE/SF, and on TIE/FO just the top and bottom triangles like this? I'll be royal-guarding most of my non-first-order stuff, and my Scum will be painted as mercs with a similar scheme of black and red. Rebels I'll just be doing Red Squadron. It's because red and black are easier to paint

>painting solar panals
>long long ago
>sihygddt