/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Still the Good Guys edition
Old

>daily duncan (hes back!): youtube.com/watch?v=2CkdCVD-0lg
>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shameless auto bump cause i guess people don't like 40k.

I am going to start converting mt CSM into Alpha legion.

I want my dudes to have some nice, theme related, baroque armor. What would be some good suggestions for conversion bits that have proper Alpha legion/ Hydra/ Reptile motif?

*plays CS:GO for seven hours straight*
*polishes collection of airsoft guns*
*listens to Skrillex at full volume*
*faves TortureDevice deviantart drawings*
*gets mad at liberals on the internet*
*speaks Estonian*

The DV Chosen allways looked very AL to me. Just proxy their strange boltguns as combibolters maybe? The raptor special weapons are baroque i think.

>just want to read a bit of 40kg after work
>another thread fuck-up

I hate and love all of you at the same time

Bumping cause other thread is garbage.

Emperor's true sons saving the day, as usual.

That mini just screams "my name is not important, what's important is what I'm going to do"

Why does FW have such varied quality for their models?

not really, I'm getting a Zardonic vibe from him, not an Iperyt vibe.

Truth lies in the shadows of war my friends.

Here's your Snake armor and Stalker bolter.

Pic is me, looking at the other thread.

You can summon after disembarking.

I'm brainstorming a force of catachans that ran out of spare parts on a death world and, being the badass montherfuckers they are, decided to bolt armor and guns to the local wildlife and use them as substitutes for their borked vehicles. So a bunch of monsters with 40k gear stuck to them that are counts-as for my armor.

I'm thinking an AoS bastiladon with all the shit on top replaced by an armored compartment with the cannon as a Leman Russ, that kind of thing. Some kinda flying dragon or big-ass bird for valkyries, ground-bound dragons for hellhounds because of fire breath.

What would be a good replacement for sentinels? They're such an odd size to find a proxy for. It doesn't need to be exact since you measure from the base on sentinels.

>replying to bait

Step it up tg

>mods keep /pol/ thread, delete one with discussion

Classic Veeky Forums

this needs an faq.

Fuck you for nuking the proper thread with your autism.

Anyway.

Ideas for a homebrew renegades warband for Chaos Space Marines? In terms of fluff, gods, tactics? I'm open to a lot.

Yeah, the other thread was actually promising after a rocky start.

>mods delete more active thread

Cold Ones?

Today is gonna suck for generals, huh?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

Have fun.

Mods need to start banning these faggots.

How'd I do

Rolled 57 (1d100)

Ty senpai.
Renegades then.

Why did they fall? (Renegades only) (d100)

Tech cult of morons funded and taught by the alpha legion/cia. Yay/nay?

>People reply to shit thread
>People ingore proper, well linked and archive ready thread
>People bitch that troll thread is scraped

Imperial players detected.

Please stop.

Not them but, why are we banning people when they have a disagreement over the rules?

Rolled 11 (1d100)

>The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.

Who was the Warband's Progenitor? (Renegade non-Legion Descendants only)(d100)

>autistic op detected

Because we have to ban all people that disagree with my esl interpretation of words.

Because resin models are cast essentially by hand in rubber molds. Errors are a lot easier because humans are more involved in the process. The Plastic injection molding in normal GW stuff is almost entirely mechanized, so errors are much rarer. Plus the materials are less tempermental.

Very yay.

No reason to not have something along that line.

Alpha Leg. needs tanks too.

So I've decided I'm going to use circular movement trays for my Orcs next game. There's nothing in the rules that says you can't use movement trays as long as I use the bases for the models and it will make it quicker to move my 150+ boyz , allows them to more easily squeeze into cover and it's not like templates, LOS or even have the actual models matters in 8E lol.

Gud/10

Why keep the dead end thread? Oh well

Rolled 1 (1d10)

>The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.
>Ultramarines

Devotion to the Ruinous Powers (d10)

They'd be better for Rough Riders

The Stormcast DemiDragons jump out to me. Pic related.

I am grabbing my popcorn now, user. I look forward to watching your legions fall in front of my eyes.

(You) are him and it shouldn't even be a disagreement. You've been proven wrong and are constantly spamming for replies.
That's why you should be banned. Your constant and blatant shitposting, my friendo.

I support it. My Orkz buddy is buying some trays for the same reason.

>thread loaded with pol shit
>other thread had quads

I play chaos

>Ideas for a homebrew renegades warband for Chaos Space Marines? In terms of fluff, gods, tactics?

Here's what I wanted to do with a renegade chapter. Two tactics, more gimmicks than anything

1: Fling Helbrutes across the map. With Advance+Charge they can cover a lot of ground and with CCW+Power Scourge they can beat the hell out of most vehicles/elite infantry/characters if they get the charge. I'd run two, run them up the board, and then have a Jump Pack/Terminator Sorcerer deep strike in to Warptime one that can charge a priority target and get a 1st turn charge.

2: Chaos Lord with Jump Pack/Terminator Armor and 2 Plasma Pistols/Combi Plasma, 2 Raptor Squads each with Plasma Gun x 2 and Aspiring Champ with 2 Plasma Pistols/Combi Plasma. Pretty obvious, just drop down near a likely target and fire off 14 overcharged plasma shots with rerolled 1s to hit. Even before Slaanesh stratagem double tap thats a lot of shooting.

Rolled 14 (1d100)

>Ultramarines
>Loathed. Many of, if not all, the marines in the warband refuse to see Chaos as an ally and shun those who submit themselves to it, realizing the dangers of Chaos' ever-shifting nature.

What form do the Chapters' beliefs take? (d100)

Fuck off OP, you're a fag and this thread sucks.

Rolled 77 (1d100)

Reroll, since my Legion hates Gods

I was thinking about an undivided Decepticon themed warband a while back with lots of purple plasma guns and DinoBots. You're welcome to it.

nice

Same dude. Go do something constructive cause most of the people in this thread are over 16 and don't have time for your games.

Talk about 40k or leave.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

>Fall: The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.
>Descend from: Ultramarines
>Attitude to Chaos: Loathed. Many of, if not all, the marines in the warband refuse to see Chaos as an ally and shun those who submit themselves to it, realizing the dangers of Chaos' ever-shifting nature.
>Beliefs: Battle is Glory - To fight on the battlefield is the greatest thing in life. The best warriors are held above all others, and to fight without grandeur is pathetic.

Warband Demeanor (d10)

Literally wasn't him. The only reason people do this shit is because tg is easy to troll and they sperg out and accuse random people of being the spammer.

These dweebs work user?

Rolled 12 (1d100)

>Fall: The Marines began indulging in the heretical and eventually became consumed by it.
>Attitude to Chaos: Loathed. Many of, if not all, the marines in the warband refuse to see Chaos as an ally and shun those who submit themselves to it, realizing the dangers of Chaos' ever-shifting nature.
>Beliefs: Battle is Glory - To fight on the battlefield is the greatest thing in life. The best warriors are held above all others, and to fight without grandeur is pathetic.
>Demeanor: Honour Amongst Thieves. Despite being evil and cruel individuals, these Marines have a strong sense of brotherhood. Many would never even consider betraying their fellow warriors an option, and would even sacrifice themselves to save a friend's life.

Figure of Legend (d100)

>each Forgeworld got their own rules

A-are we going to get Prosperine cults boys?

>see you space cowboy

Let's talk about named characters, /40kg/. People have been referring to 8th as the edition for named characters, or Herohammer. Seemingly gone are the days of Smashfucker and other generics, with the big names in fluff being often irreplaceable if not outright auto-takes. Of course, it varies -- a nameless Tau Commander gives you much more bang for your buck compared to Farsight or Shadowsun, but Typhus is strictly superior to his generic counterpart and there's simply nothing that even comes close to Guilliman.

It's easy to see the underlying reasons why, of course. With this edition having a stronger narrative bent you need some faces on the fluff. Fans of the characters might prefer to take them even if they aren't the most efficient. And on a more cynical note, they do sell well and for more.

But then, this is a hobby of which a large part is /yourdudes/. WAAC players won't care, but for many having your own painstakingly detailed character (or unit in general) stomped into the dirt by the snowflakes over and over.

What do you think? Do you want less named characters? More? Just more options for generics? Or is it whatever to you?

So you admit he's a spammer?
Therefore he should be banned. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Rolled 51 (1d100)

>Demeanor: Honour Amongst Thieves. Despite being evil and cruel individuals, these Marines have a strong sense of brotherhood. Many would never even consider betraying their fellow warriors an option, and would even sacrifice themselves to save a friend's life.
>Warband Legend: Champion of your choice.

Deeds of Legend (d100)

Don't embarrass yourself

So, which legion I'd up for a codex after DG?

I agree with you user, I just want an faq because gw needs to understand the lack of basic reading comprehension within their player base.

Looks like Blood god material user. Keep 'er going.

Looks great.

Rolled 100 (1d100)

>Deed of Legends: The hero corrupted nearly an entire sector of planets, causing the populations of them to fall to Chaos. If your warband loathes Chaos, he instead managed to get entire sectors to violently rebel against Imperium rule, throwing them into total anarchy.

Warband Homeworld (d100)

Is it a valid strategy for Death Guard to just do the death march down the board in a big clump? Or would they get gunned down too fast?

I was thinking Poxwalkers+Typhus+Blighthaulers to give them all fire support and cover saves, with Typhus using his devilmagic to buff his zombie squad and Blighthaulers.

A lot of my local meta is stationary gunlines so I was thinking get their mortar tank or two for long range indirect bombardment, and maybe like some plague marine squads with a Plaguecaster in rhinos, or teleport strike terminators, or maybe some bloatdrones for flanking and taking on targets outside the gunline.

Seems really fun to shamble my poxwalkers across the board at 4 inches per turn, until I can ram them into the enemy gunline and pop the "all units that die within seven inches turn into poxwalkwers" stratagem.

>other thread had quads
>this thread is clearly inferior
Oh piss off. I'm an Orkfag and the other thread was better than this shitshow.

*Is, not I'd

Rolled 2 (1d10)

>Deed of Legends: The hero corrupted nearly an entire sector of planets, causing the populations of them to fall to Chaos. If your warband loathes Chaos, he instead managed to get entire sectors to violently rebel against Imperium rule, throwing them into total anarchy.
>Homeworld: Space Hulk

Combat doctrine (d10)

Cold Ones are actually a super-common sub for rough riders, yeah.

The demidragons are a little *too* fantastical, I think, and a bit big. I guess I could cover all the fancy armor with the makeshift stuff I had in mind, though.

Hydra Dominatus?

Rolled 42 (1d100)

>Combat Doctrine: Death from Afar - Marines prefer to fight from a distance. Enemies of the warband have to contend with legions of disciplined guns lines, snipers, and enough artillery to turn the battlefield into a giant crater.

Special Equipment (d100)

>A bunch of smurfs turned evil convince an entire sector to say "The Emperor? Fuck him.."

Damn son.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

>Combat Doctrine: Death from Afar - Marines prefer to fight from a distance. Enemies of the warband have to contend with legions of disciplined guns lines, snipers, and enough artillery to turn the battlefield into a giant crater.
>Special Weapons: Ancient Weaponry.

Warband Status (d10)

>Warband Strength: Slightly Overstrength

Cause of increased strength (If Slighly Overstrength or Massive) (d10)

Guess I have to post this again.

Remember why you got into this game. Remember what first made you think "I want to be part of that."

oops forgot to roll for that one

Rolled 4 (1d10)

da fuck is wrong with my rolling

gimme dat d10 nigger

Not a Necron player at all, but i remember seeing that big ass robo-pyramid in the my lgs. The size of the model and all that green, I was lost to the warp forever after that.

Rolled 94 (1d100)

>The Warband merged with a smaller Warband or picked up the remains of a defeated one.

Warband allies. Who has our back? (d100)

>tau fire warriors
God damn I still love those little guys

Rolled 100 (1d100)

>Reason for Strength: The Warband merged with a smaller Warband or picked up the remains of a defeated one.
>Allies: Specific Daemon Prince, Greater Daemon, or other powerful daemon. If your warband loathes Chaos; said daemon is covertly supporting and manipulating the warband from the sidelines to suit the daemon's needs.

Who are the Warband's enemies?(d100)

That's beautiful and you should be happy.

>The demidragons are a little *too* fantastical, I think, and a bit big.
They're about the "same-ish" height, but appear a little longer.

As for looking "too fantastical" I hear you. Could use a tank to cut up for plates to cover up with more gritty tank parts.

>Reason for Strength: The Warband merged with a smaller Warband or picked up the remains of a defeated one.
>Allies: Specific Daemon Prince, Greater Daemon, or other powerful daemon. If your warband loathes Chaos; said daemon is covertly supporting and manipulating the warband from the sidelines to suit the daemon's needs.
>Enemies: Select own

First reply to this picks my main faction enemy.

So who ya thinking for your Leader user. CL or something juicier??

>Don't embarrass yourself
>Instant misspelling

Everything living.

Fuck off. Quit spamming the thread.

Falling to Chaos isn't spamming.

It is art.

>Loathes Chaos
>"Don't worry Evil Smurfs, we got your backs" - Chaos

Probably why they loathe Chaos so much. Chaos never leaves and always wants to help.

Thanks. I'm happily commited to Death Guard at the moment but I'd like to revist the idea when chaos marines get new sculpts.