MTG Ixalan Limited

Now that we have all the spoilers from Ixalan, let's talk limited.

Do you see any particularly strong color? Do you think dinosaur / pirate / merfolk synergy can work in limited?
What will be the strongest cards for constructed? Pic very much unrelated.

I'll bump with commons / unco that may be good for Limited

>shoot red barrel
>it explores

Doesn't look very good but will infuriating to play against. A bounce + you miss your next draw.

really wouldn't surprise me if they made an explosive barrel artifact that was able to block creatures, and when it was destroyed did damage to the creature

or a simple tap/sac effect

Is duress any good in limited?

not often. Despise is much better on average

Can create 3/3 tokens with trample, has 5 toughness. Looks really good if the board gets stale.

In my experience the only time you want to run discard effects in limited is if you can two for one your opponent.

A bit costly but looks good with the cantrip

>all that black removal

Its a little less impactful with all these big butt dinos around, but man if you can get a good curve of early aggression and a decent amount of removal, you can really take games with B/x decks.

This one looks better. Raid effect isn't great, but at 2B the discard can hit when it hurts

Sort of makes 4/4's with Trample

Can this be worth it? Since combat damage bypasses the stack, sacrificing creature rarely seems good

I actually really enjoy running mind rot variants in limited.

Save it until you can get those last two cards your opponent has been saving.

Worse than Oblivion circle in every way for limited

Your supposed to sacrifice either a treasure or a creature your opponent is in the process of removing.

Didn't think about the treasures. The image should have been a clue...

Am I the only one interested in Limited?

You're meant to sacrifice treasure tokens. What it's really saying is 'pay an extra mana'.

limited players aren't around at the moment, try again later on.

It's useful in all the same ways Alter's Reap was: Sac a critter targeted for damage or exile, chump block with a token, then sac it for more cards, etc.

The extra addition of sacrificing an artifact instead is great with cards all through the set crapping out treasure tokens. It may as well just say "or pay 1" like says.

In limited, I think it's going to be really good for black.

good luck attacking into this with 2 mana open.

Spectral Flight is back

Ramp in blue with a decent body.