>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>I shall fear nothing, for I am what you fear.
youtube.com/watch?v=pQYtbAnRy98

>Previous Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTDrFc7BrqI&ab_channel=WarhammerTV
youtube.com/watch?v=RuunLBVBdKc
youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0&t=2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Actually need a color for the bolter casing, any ideas?

>any ideas?

I want to say bright Second Edition red, but I think that would really take away from the besagew on his left shoulder. How about just black?

Lamenter Primaris Ancient is now complete. I think the Ancient marking I put on his shoulder pad still looks like ass.

a little bland since the armor is already pretty dark, but at the same time I don't want to do something so bright like red

>a little bland since the armor is already pretty dark, but at the same time I don't want to do something so bright like red

What about a more grim-dark version, like starting with Khorne Red or Mephiston Red darkened by Nuln Oil?

Mhat about something metallic, like bronze or gold? The master-crafted boltguns in Chaos Gate were gold.

youtube.com/watch?v=sTDrFc7BrqI&ab_channel=WarhammerTV
Pray for Bert

So I really don't like the look of the Scion models and kasrkins and old Storm troopers are hard to find and expensive. Any third party models I could use to model some inquisitorial Storm troopers?

Check out the Anvil Industries models.
Victoria also has some neat models and Maxmini, Secret Weapon and other sell armored legs and other bits with which you could come up with your own version of Stormtroopers.

But, why are they all dabbing?

Found some cool stuff on Pinterest looking for paint schemes/inspiration thought I'd show them to /WIP/ in case they have the same effect on anyone else. P.S have no idea how the larger of the two images will look because I'm phone posting.

Thanks user

>attempting to understand the enigma that is Johnnys mind.
You are not ready.

WIP

Got a broken 2nd edition land raider

Need ideas on making sponsons

>But, why are they all dabbing?

Johnny is actually reloading - you can see the fresh bolts in his magazine just waiting to deliver The Emperor's wrath upon some worthless heretic. I imagine he's tapping it against the side of his helmet to make sure the bolts all settle into place before slapping it into his bolt gun.

Of course, if his magazine should happen to whisper some of The Emperor's wisdom while he is holding it that close to his ear ...

3 edge 5 me

Sorry for the shitty phone quality.
Just got my blue tubes in the mail. A little too clear for my tastes, but it works for tabletop.

>"""Finished"""
From left to right: Zahndrekh, Warrior, Warrior, C'tan shard (proxy), Lord.

>To do:
Snow on the bases.
Obyron
Immortals
Put Deathmark heads on all Warriors/Immortals

So, /wipg/, I need your advice.

I've been in the process of compiling some AWI Redcoats for use as a chaos-aligned Border Prince army since around the time of the End Times, and AoS actually makes the old gunline even more hilariously cheesy. And while I know precisely what I want to do for my handgunners, my outriders/pistoliers (16th and 17th Light Dragoons on Chaos Marauder horses), my artillery, and even my Demigryphs (British legion cavalry mounted on Chaos Knight steed), I have found myself eternally indecisive on what to use for Greatswords if I choose to and Guard which I'm basically forced to bring along.

With the Guard, I really need something that has shields, but I was just trying to think of something that would look nice beside Redcoats and not too far out of place. I'd considered getting Marauder shields and trying to kitbash in a bunch of sword arms. I'd even considering looking at some Skraelings and other pre-Contact styled Indians with shields and tomahawks/clubs. And I have definitely considered using Warlord's Woodland Indian Tribes as Guard armed with Militia weapons. I'm just looking for a little bit of guidance and recommendations.

tl;dr: Sword and shield models and heavily-armored greatweapon models that would fit in with an army of Revolutionary War Redcoats.

1/2

This is my first vehicle I've painted since 4th Ed. Any vehicle modeling tips for me? Plz bully

Good splatter job on the tracks but where is it on the main body?
Guns shoot and are pristinely silver/grey? I think not. Put black-to-bronze on those barrel ends.
Front lens is silver/grey? Make that shit red, blue, or green!
Aquila on the sides not painted? Call the commissar!
Show us a cock-center shot of your front, you git.

>I have found myself eternally indecisive on what to use for Greatswords if I choose to and Guard which I'm basically forced to bring along.

I'm about 100 years too early, but what about Puritan roundheads with pikes? At least they all come from the same country!

Mad Robot minis do a whole range of modular guardsman bits too

Repostin' because nobody really did answer my last question about what color I should probably use for the other spaces (use Warplock Bronze for the metal). First timer here who has no idea about anything.

Maybe just re-do the whole thing and start with my initial plan (steel + khaki)?

I've never liked the Krieg paint scheme; it's so unbearably bland.

But that being said, it's not bad. You need to do the lenses, the aquilas, and probably find some way to dull those gun barrels, but besides that, not bad.

>Roundheads with Pikes
I actually hadn't thought about that, but I do like the idea. I want to say Bicorne has some pretty decent armored Roundhead pikemen. I guess I'm just left hanging uncertainly since I'd ideally like greatswords for the Greatswords though halberds might end up working just as well, and I'd really like the Guard to have shields. Definitely thanks for the ideas.

Is the leather halfway convincing??

So I just got some stuff in from Anvil, but what I was most excited for was the servoharness and hand on this techmarine. What do you guys think? First time I ever attempted a kitbash.

1/2

Kinda, but it could be done better.

youtube.com/watch?v=RuunLBVBdKc

I tried to align the pictures right, sorry about that.

forgeworld hostile environment bodies

Looks p. good for a start. Have you fucked around with oil washes? All you really need for weathering is an umber + black and some thinner, which you could get easily for less than $15, probably around $10. I'm assuming you already have gloss varnish. A good oil wash would do wonders for the guns and metal, and a pin-wash in the recesses is easy and gives great results. Think about what the mud on the side is like. Is it wet? Is it dry? How long has it been stuck to the hull? An even application all around is not the best look for verisimilitude. Would also say you overdid it on the tracks.

I can't stop watching, this is hilarious

>Power Monkey Wrench
Holy shit

In my opinion you're wasting your money putting them on a standard 4th addition marine body/legs. If you're not good at converting start off with bitz that don't cost a lot. Right here you could use the new primaris or mark III kits.

Reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0&t=2s

I appreciate the input. Honestly, other than the few things I got from anvil I just used parts I had laying around, the chest and shoulder came from a rhino kit, the legs I just had laying around.

>Power Monkey Wrench

What a time to be alive, right?

That's fucking incredible.

Confession time, /wip/.
What's that one mini you own you're too intimidated to paint? What's the one you just know you're gonna irreparably fuck up?

GW earned the money I gave them today.

Fucking excellent my man.

I bought a Hierophant from forgeworld, it's going to require so much effort i've basically given up before I started

>What's that one mini you own you're too intimidated to paint?

I have three of these. The furthest I ever got was partial leg assembly on one of them.

any kingdom death mini's desu

I feel your pain, I assembled mine but totally fucked up the painting, dropped it into a vat of detol and moved on with my life.

I don't buy minis I won't paint.
I'll never own a standard bearer.

mine is fully painted, but it's a FW knight and the magnet at the waist is too weak to hold up the body weight so I don't want to take it anywhere. I don't know where to find a stronger magnet so it's just been sitting there since I painted it.

My stormraven. Just seems like a lot to paint and easy to fuck up.

GW need to keep doing shit like this. It's fucking hilarious.

Sorry, I havent been paying atention to primaris. Those hands are custom or are up for grabs in some of the new kits?

the hands get cut from other hands in the intercessor kit, but the body and left arm are the primaris Lt from the Dark Imperium box

Finished Chadzerker champion conversion. I didn't expect the AOS dudes to be THIS much bigger than old CSM, but here's a comparison if anyone's curious. Still waiting on those chainspears.

Thoughts on my Carcharadon Astra assault terminators?

I wanted to do a sort of custom splinter group of the chapter which combined the constant crusading and absolute loyalty of the chapter. Therefore, I tried to do a rust effect on all of the metal areas for the termies and tactical's. I think I perhaps overdid it on the silver but overall I think it turned out well.

I still think there's some improvements to be made but I'm overall very happy with how they turned out. It was my first attempts at edge highlighting and I really like how it looks once it's done.

>Finally decide to get my chapter going, after years of piddling around and fucking off
>FW no longer makes pic related

God damnit.

Same, ive got the game coming but I'm scared to paint it.

>chainspears
Where you getting them from? I've used the glaives from Anvil before, and they're pretty good.

Edge Chads in black armour, yea or nay?

photo looks like arse, from what I can see they look ok

Yeah the cameras a bad one, but it's all I have for now. Maybe my next project should be to make a photo taking area.

>anvil
That's where I'm getting them from. Got any reference pics? I kinda just bought em off blind faith. Their example pics don't really show off a lot.

I think it could work, but you'll need another color to break up the monotony a bit. Then again, once you're done, I think what you've got will work fine. What chapter?

I just bought 5 of those from a Canadian guy on eBay.

They're lacking the copyright blurb so I think someone is still making these.
Looking at eBay now I still see two listings for it.

Also, if you need transfers fallout hobbies makes custom ones.

orange instead of light brown would be better, desaturated colour is not always best way to hightlight

Minotaurs.

Will add some chapter symbols and lambdas and see where that gets me, might have to add more red parts too.

At work, so I had to dig through the threads, but here's the latest pic. They're pretty solid, a bit of clash and mould slip, but nothing that makes them unusable.

Finally (almost) done with these things, but haven't taken an updated pic yet. Just waiting on some Sparta shield transfers from Warlord.

Motherfucker. I figure folks were recasting them, but I've been antsy about ordering (even more) shit from China. I'll have to monitor Ebay a bit then, thanks.

got some work done on my chaos tree

That's gonna be neat when it's done. Always love seeing folks make terrain

top view

Almost finished. Only back lanterns, base and writings to do.

ghosts don't look spooky enough, maybe make them a little brighter at the edges

Oh those look perfect. I got a few packs of two handed spears, some one handed ones and enough gun attachments for all of them.

Which would be best for black-armored solar auxilia (top two are the same)

>Where do I buy me a Johnny?

Wales. There's a fellow in Aberystwyth who's selling an enormous Rogue Trader collection, and I have confirmed with him that he does in fact have a Brother Craig model.

I also picked up some of the red-dot's and Eotechs, and they're nearly flawless. Still trying to decide if I want red dot sights for the Intercessors and Eotechs for the Reivers, or vice versa.

I was eyeballing those two-handed spears, but I wasn't familiar with the Intercessor's box at the time, and didn't want to get something that dependent on arms and torsos I didn't know.

Anvil has been good though, I'm definitely gonna be heading back there for some more heads here soon (snagged 2 DI chad sets for $50, so I gots me some work to do).

Hellow fellow paint drinkers.
Todays mornin before work I started first step on the filthy way to Plaguebringer. Results are promising. Not using old and propably some how fucked up old mud wash help with them not being dark as fuck. Also made base-highlight with wite spray over Deatgguard Green base. Do you think Gryphone Sephia(old lol) will be ok to build up some details out on them or I should buy/make some other wash?

> bezerker Johnny
Khorne approves

Source is a.demidov on instagram, he is absolutely amazing

Heh, finaly some dude in makreting isnt 70+ yo and can understand meme power.
Good, cuz its funny as fuck, almost like they read /WIP/.
F for Bert.

Nay, no scratches

They are way easier than you think. Lots of blank space, lots of easy lines to edge highlighting if that's your thing. And they look so nice when done...

>mfw I notice they give you enough shit in the Scarab Occult box to build an extra termie if you just got legs and some shoulderpads
>Or perhaps a noice conversion for a Lord or DP

GW loves to leave just enough bitz to make one more guy except for like one crucial part. The daemon prince box would have enough for two princes if you got a second set of legs. Then again, this is what bitz sellers are for.

Also sory for rly poor english...second day of duble shift is taking toll on me.

Not just the legs but the back half too. I got one of 'em. I was actually thinking of using a spare bretonnian horse to make a DP centaur..

That's a neat idea, actually. I say go for it.

This one but then I got the balls and did it.
Now I love doing banners

Looks pretty good to me thus far.

>Minotaurs
Good man. Those look great so far, too.
I am bummed that we lost Preferred Enemy (Space Marines) though. Not only was it useful, it was fluffy too.

Heyo /wipg/, I'm looking to do a Manchukuo army for Bolt Action, but I need some help with things. First, how does one go about making banners for your models that'll stay nice and stiff? And what are some good paint pens for doing tally kill markings on tanks?

I just loved the name of the rule, Sanctioned Fratricide just sounds so grimdark.

>what are some good paint pens for doing tally kill markings on tanks?

Sakura Pigma Micron pens.

It does, and it fit the whole chapter to a T. That said, they've still got a fun aesthetic to them, with the whole not!Greek thing going on, which leaves lots of room for conversion work.
Finally decided on plume color's, myself - white with red stripe for sergeants, white with black stripe for lieutenants, and red and black stripes for captains. Should be fun, if time consuming.

Well the horse has medieval barding and I don't have a DP back. But I'll see what I can do. It'd be rather hilarious actually.

Paint those feet user.

Nah those always end up halfway buried in basing Im doing, and this time Im gona do some toxic pudles and wierd demon shait, so why bother.

ty user. it's going to double as a herdstone for my beastmen army. the blue circle on the cd is 4" so i'm going to mark that with some chaos cristals

Imperial governor is coming along.
Not sure if his chest should be gold or silver.