Times you took one for the team

ITT Times you or your character took one for the team

I'll start

>Be in a dark and gritty campaign setting
>Our party is collecting followers and becoming a real force for good in the world
>One of the followers, a women and potent shaman, becomes attached to my character
>Very attached
>I'm not very interested in role playing a relationship, but me shutting her down acts as a brief bit of fun and humor to an otherwise dark story so I don't tell DM to stop having her lust after me.
>This goes on for some time
>Eventually DM decides that this character is getting desperate and she makes some kind of a deal with an evil power that will help her.
>Her plan backfires and now she is experience all sorts of negative effects, we also determine that this enchantment is allowing the evil entity to spy on us.
>We determine that one of the best ways to break the enchantment would be to satisfy the terms of the deal that was made
>In other words my character and the NPC falling in love.
>I realize that my guy could never love someone who did something as irrational as what the NPC did.
>He's a wizard who hates irrationality, he's not really a fan of love either, so you see why this was never going to happen.
>One of the other players jokingly suggests a love potion
>OoC tell him to do it. Slip my guy a love potion and then make it permanent so that this whole mess will be solved forever.
>The rest of the party conspires and does this, ensuring that my character is forever in love with the NPC.
>This happened last session, so we are still waiting to see if the enchantment is broken.

>Be Bard
>Be worthless in combat for actually doing damage
>Be innawoods looking for a troll to murder to barter with rescuing a guy from the fae
>Troll drinks a potion
>Friend's flaming sphere hits but does no damage
>Yousonofabitch.png
>Grab my acid flask and get into range
>He swings at me, and with my 18 AC at level 7, oh body does that connect
>I miss with the acid, but it does shut off his regeneration abilities
>Next round, I do it again. He attacks me again. This time, I land a solid hit
>He goes down and stays down

Good luck getting this thread going. Few fa/tg/uys play with people they like. Even fewer of them would take one for the team.

My players straight up told me that they wanted to play another guys game instead of mine and that I should just shut up and cancel mine, so I took one for the team and did so.

dude...

What? It's called being a friend. Sometimes you get the shit for your friends. It sucked, but it happened.

Sometimes my girl just wants to fuck other guys so I take one for the team

There's a difference between getting cucked and being willing to make sacrifices.

Yeah, it was bullshit and they were assholes, but what's my alternative? Force people to play a game they aren't enjoying? I had zero good choices so I did the honorable thing and bowed out. Don't know what you'd have done.

If your friends will ditch you the night of they aren't your friends

I dm/gm for my group. I've never played. They say they like my stories and that they have a lot of fun.
>tfw I will always be the platform through which they play out their fantasies
>tfw I will never get to play out my own
>tfw just like my sex life

Can you imagine if a gay guy approached a bunch of straight guys and said, "as soon as one of you bites the bullet and goes out with me, I'll leave the rest of you alone?"

That'd be hilarious.

>approached a bunch of straight guys
chances are one of them is just in denial and secretly wants the D

This.

Tell them to hit the road.

>wants me to bite his bullet
>virgin detected

Unless there's more than 20 of them you're wrong

>pic unrelated
I know it's in vogue to lie on Veeky Forums nowadays, but some of us remember that anonymity is supposed to inspire honesty, user.

Be patient with me, dearest user. I don't understand what you're insinuating, user.

OP Here

Good news everyone! My characters new girlfriend has been cured of her enchantment thanks to the power of love!

Part of the nature of the enchantment made it so that she could not talk about the enchantment or how she got it. Nut she was now able to do so, which is how we know she is cured.

>In her home village she was kidnapped and taken somewhere she had never been
>Possible not so evil entity reveals itself to her and grants her shaman powers
>It shows her an image of our party during the opening events of the campaign
>Through this she realizes that a union between my character and her will result in the creation of a great good.
>She is then sent out to find the party.

Well guys I fear the worst, my guy is destined to sire the messiah. What do?

either that or the entity was really evil and "great good" is code for "the end of the world"

I mean great good is pretty relative all things considered. Could have just be talking about a great good dicking.

> Party half-dragon is flipping shit because she doesn't understand the concept of healthy coping mechanisms
> Literally tearing the Billionaire Occultist's house apart, demanding that she wants to destroy the BBEG
> I'm playing a speed/agility fighter, frail, but incredibly hard to hit
> She starts threatening other party members, so I step up
> "You want to fight someone? Come on then, fight me!"
> The two of us, we're the party's biggest damage dealers, and she's been waiting for an opportunity to prove that she's the strongest of us
> Immediately charges me, throws a punch right at my centre mass with strength enough to crush steel plating
> Could easily dodge
> Just stand there and take it
> Immediately KO'd
> Ribs are all broken, the force of the punch launched me backwards and I crack my head open on the concrete wall
> She immediately realises what I did, and what, in turn, she did
> Flips from aggressive to begging for forgiveness immediately
> I survive, but our plans are halted for a few weeks while I recover
> She gets an earful from the rest of the party members
> We never bring it up again, but she's never lost control of her anger the same way since.

It was a very satisfying moment, and such a satisfaction to pull off to the surprise of the entire table.

> satisfying satisfaction
Forgive me Thesaurus for I have sinned.

I used to carry the party's pavilion tent, because my barbarian was the only party member with a strength above 10

a 250lb junkyard mechanic trudged through the desert on foot for a day with half a canteen, following the party's helicopter path to make sure it wasn't followed

the kicker is a party member shoved him out of the heli over a sand dune to enact this plan