Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Infamy Edition:
What is the source of your character's greatest renown? Is she known by her real name or some other moniker? How does she feel about being well known?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/a/astral-seed/
docs.google.com/document/d/1X8urG7yh6gObsCz53DgH9mIJXiOC01xdvYUQpoe9DZw/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1T0HCmOhvRZdkJdlWLmQs4tyK3YNi4kUCKH4STHuaehY/edit
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo-rogue-talents/innocuous-servant-ex/
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/battle-butler
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo-barbarian-archetypes/savage-barbarian/
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/glamered/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What is the source of your character's greatest renown?

Their star is still rising in the Greenbelt, soon enough they will be a renowned ruler of a fledgling kingdom!

>Greatest renown
>For /pfg/
The most impressive thing anyone here can do is kill themselves.

What kind of animal could two children (brother & sister) kill that would impress a noble enough to adopt one of the two for training?

>What kind of animal could two children (brother & sister) kill that would impress a noble enough to adopt one of the two for training?

A lion.

Depends on how young they're supposed to be. A wolf or stag or big cat might work, but if you really want to be impressive, or if the campaign expects some high-powered heroism, have them take down a bear through traps and luck.

>Two children killing an impressive animal
That's not how that works, user. That's "two children disappear and their poor family is now free of the financial burden of supporting two brain-damaged gremlins"

Sorry, I forgot to mention. It takes place in the steppe.

1: In order of when they occurred: Saving a small town, saving a city, saving another small town, saving the first town again and becoming the foremost experts on all things Thassilonian

2: A vigilante who sweeps the streets with ice cold justice

3: Became the big names of a gang town

4: Newly appointed rulers of an unclaimed land

5: Being the captain of the strongest nobodies and having two dragons and two outsiders in his crew in addition to his increasingly weird lieutenants

>steppe
Mountain Lion/Cougar or similar, some king of antelope or pronghorn, a trophy Bighorn sheep or Audad, Dire Wolf, Dire Hyrax

>dire hyrax
I giggled so hard I nearly peed myself, you asshole.

>look at a campain
>get ideas for a backstory
>can't find mechanics to back the backstory

how would YOU go about a reincarnation/resurrection without using divine magic? my idea was to keep the soul in a gem, grow a vessel (vat-grown flesh puppet?) and transfer the soul in its new body, but i couldn't find anything related to step 2
is the only solution really to mindbreak a kid? how could i make sure the vessel would ends up looking as planned?

That works too.

psionics got you covered.

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/a/astral-seed/

Are Spiritualists the closest thing Pathfinder has to being a Stand User?

summoner and psion are also good for that

>What is the source of your character's greatest renown? Is she known by her real name or some other moniker? How does she feel about being well known?
TFW you can never answer questions like this because your GM doesn't take things like this into account

Avant Guard Kineticist, also I think a few of the newer PsyWar archetypes

Avant guard kinticist is literally perfect for the concept. It's designed in mind for it if you want a punching ghost

can we get some links to some material or downloads or something like that?

it's in the trove under psionics expanded

Hey I was in the last /pfg/ thread asking for feedback on a homebrew 3.5/PF class I'm working on. Got told to make it better, give it d12 and make it full BAB. I did two of the three, want to know what people think of it now.
Main Class:
docs.google.com/document/d/1X8urG7yh6gObsCz53DgH9mIJXiOC01xdvYUQpoe9DZw/edit
Extras: docs.google.com/document/d/1T0HCmOhvRZdkJdlWLmQs4tyK3YNi4kUCKH4STHuaehY/edit

Imagine you are sucking the little fingers of a lady... or... no, you wouldn't understand that -- since you'd never get that close to a lady -- who'd want to get that close to you for God's sake?

>summoners
Summoners make poor Stand Users honestly. Beyond "has a buddy you can customize" they fall short.

Being a Sphere's of Power user with no drawbacks taken is probably the closest you can get to being a stand user.

i sucked my bf's dick
does that count?

> The body’s constituent parts are pulled as ectoplasm from the Astral Plane, then slowly molded and transformed into a living, breathing body
i wonder if this could be done with fleshwarp... maybe using the gost ooze as a base (or maybe somehow directly harvesting it)

I'm thinking about making a tattooed sorc, what bloodlines would go well with that? I don't think that I'll be using a lot of metamagic feats, will usually be dropping CC in the first round, and will probably debuff/blast as secondary roles.

Does the +2 natural armor bonus innate to a race and the +2 from draconic bloodline stack for +4 natural armor bonus, or do they not stack and stay at +2?

Because if it's the latter, it sucks!

Depends on how they're described as. The first should be a racial bonus, and if the second is an enhanchement bonus they will stack, otherwise it's iffy

From bloodline > +1 natural armor bonus
They should stack.

So I've been optimizing Body Guard.

What I have found is the following is about the best I'll get:
>High Guardian Fighter 4
>Honor Guard Cavalier 16

This of course would be the absolute final version of the build. However this is what I think I can impart:

>Bodyguard
>+18
4 (base using Exceptional Aid, given via Tactician) + 3 (Order of the Dragon) + 5 (Benevolent Armor) + 5 (Gloves of Arcane Striking) +1 (Intercept)

>Vanguard Ward
>+10
4 (Base with Tower Shield) + 5 (Enhancement Bonus To Tower Shield) + 1 (Shield Focus)

>Sword Defense
>+1
1 (Base)

>Swarm Scatter
>+1
1 (Base)

>Bodyguard (Done By Animal Companion)
>+9
4 (Base using Exceptional Aid) + 5 (Benevolent Armor)

>Total
>+39 AC
(this puts even someone just wearing a chain shirt out of the effective of a Great Wyrm Red Dragon, who only has a +37 to hit)

This comes with additional stuff as well, like bonuses to all saves (+3 to Fort, +5 to Reflex/Will), +6 additional again Charm and Compulsion, Full/Partial Cover against spells if need be, and other stuff. This was my end game conceptual bodyguard.

I forgot these as well:
>+7 to attack and damage rolls made as part of a charge.
>+7 against fear

Jesus fuck
You could stop an army from leveling a building with that

What's Body Guard?

And at this point you are faced with either 20 odd greater invis sorcerers just spamming magic missile or that said great wyrm appearing a few levels in advance.

Commonly called an "armor"

Alright but how's the offense looking
Also consider a brooch of shielding to cover 's threat

>Alright but how's the offense looking
I leave that for other people to handle mostly. I am the party's defensive buffer. My offense is mid tier to mediocre. Challenge certainly helps, and gives a further bonus for allies attacking whoever I challenge.

I more consider myself a support buffer both for offense and defense. If I challenge something it gives allies +12 to attack +7 to damage on a charge, which I think is pretty okish.

Play a spiritualist, you're actually the spirit

The best I can do is a charge attack for:
3d8+153

Please tell me the 3 is a typo and you aren't considering 168 average damage "mediocre"

3d8+153 a round at level 20 is aggressively mediocre for a martial. Their DPR at level 20 should be closer to 500.

Talk about it with your GM. The rules don't cover everything that can possibly happen, and a good GM will work with players to come up with something.

>500 DPR
I really need to learn more about the system, optimization isn't my strong suit yet

Doesn't the Clone spell do what you're looking for?

What's the rest of the party look like? You might not cut it by restricting yourself to defensive buffing as the party martial unless there are others to pick up after you

For offense I am relying on our Magus.

right, that's always a good bet.
i'm not even sure if i'll postulate in that game, i'm pretty much just pitching ideas at myself

my idea was that the soul gem is all my character is left with, but i guess i could alter that somehow...
that part of the backstory is supposed to be for my character's wife who got affected by a (really fast) flesh eating magic backlash due to a failed ritual and in panic cast create soul gem on herself, hiding her soul in a necklace he (conveniently) offered her.

How do I build a meido? What would you say is essential to a maid character?

probably a level or two in expert, skills in perception, knowledge[nobility], profession[housekeeper], diplomacy and maybe even heal or handle animal

then a ton of levels in rogue with a big focus on bluff to appear harmless and sleight of hand to hide weapons

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo-rogue-talents/innocuous-servant-ex/

What if I wanted to play the maid, and not have them be a npc? Hidden weapons sounds cool, but I've never looked into them. Do throwing weapons have to suck?

That seems nice. Would Hidden Blade Rogue be good for this?

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/battle-butler

Hidden blade rogue is good for pretty much every build.

>only light armor, so bias towards dex
>cha to ac if unarmored
>int to determine tricks of the trade
Why though?

How can I into throwing hidden daggers with PoW?

Kill yourself
>make a character
>take profession(housekeeper)
>have a magic item of at will prestidigitation.
Done.

>Kill yourself
Why? Do you not like serving your lord? Do you like uncleanliness? I bet your manners are terrible.

>tfw got typecast as a dude who plays horny dudes all the time in the Great /pfg/ Meme Storm a few months back
>realize I'm playing 3 of my 4 characters as smug women.

really gets the noggin' joggin'

Who are you, again?

can we not do this

The Dragon Tamer, Savior of the Red Fort,
The Lawbreaker, The Soul Lost, That Tall Guy Who Didn't Know What a Corpse Is, and The Friend Slayer.

Lawrence had a few titles, noone ever refered to him directly, he had this aura of formality. They would call him Mr Evile. His plan was to be well known, to keep going and gain a following, he even acted under a guise of a hero to do so. My DM was all ready and happy for me to ascend to god-hood through act of being worshiped by huge amounts of his custom world.

Every cool end-game plan I have is always ruined by a campaign getting canceled. Press F.

...Succula?

guess again

Oh look, it's a fucking faggot.

So I'm playing 3.5 and I have a level 2 Duskblade and we just leveled up, and my DM approved me for using the stalker class from path of war and after talking it out I can either multiclass into it or just come in with a new character sheet with 3 levels of stalker

Should I go 2 duskblade and go stalker after that or just come in as a level 3 stalker? If I do go full stalker I lose all my magic and my familiar. Should I go ahead and just go full stalker

Stalker will do better if you just wanna be a fightman.

Well like, we don't really have a mage except for the guy build for arcane archer, a bard and a cleric but they're all going for support roles. So my duskblade is the most aggresive arcane caster we have. But aside from that we have plenty of detect magic and whatnot

But the stalker sounds more exciting

I have a new player who wants to play a barbarian au naturale. Just a loincloth and his sharp beaty stick.

Do I let him walk into the meat grinder in his skivies, or "re skin" his armor to fit his ideal?

They are starting at 4 so bracers of armor are not out of the question, if a little gimpy compared to the paladin's fullplate.

Favorite plot hooks? I personally love a seven samurai style "village in trouble" quest

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo-barbarian-archetypes/savage-barbarian/

The bad guy personally taunting you and/or doing something very very naughty with things you like or love.

The Invulnerable Rager archetype makes this slightly less impossible

Anyone got a decent alternative charsheet that isn't the minotaurs sheet? Vanilla charsheet is dogshit

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/glamered/

If a player wants to do something retarded, let him suffer the consequences. Armor exists for a reason.

Get a wand or some potions of mage armor.

Why haven't you applied to Iron Gods and Flesh Desires yet?

Depression and a lack of time to play in the game

The chargen rules are stupid

What are the campaigns that are currently recruiting?

You haven't killed yourself yet.

Because Argentum is the worst meme to come out of the bullshit that is the post-RotJR era.

Because I'm more interested in seeing IDrive get laughed out for doing so.

Because I'd rather play Pathfinder than "not-Gurps what skinned Pathfinder and wore its flesh, Leatherface-style"

>Worst meme

What's the meme tier list for /pfg/ anyway?

>implying i know what that is
>implying I know who IDrive is

Are you fucking people STILL not browsing with a forced anonymous extension? Are you all talking about tripfags or something? Jesus christ, guys.

It's a game that's recruiting on roll20 through here.
IDrive is basically the Krombopulous Michael of Rape.

Hey anons, I've been stuck on 3.5 for years and have spent a little bit of time with PF, but I just joined a new group as a player after being foreverDM for the last 3 years. I need a little help thinking of fun places to go with my new characters.

DM have everyone Leadership as a bonus feat, since we're playing some Kingmaker aspects in an original setting, but we're playing both the PCs and our own cohorts, kind of as A and B teams.

Main PC:
>Elf Wizard (Wizard 8, Loremaster 1) named Nym Vendragast that looks like a fat French Stewart from 3rd Rock who never opens his eyes and talks like Cary Grant.
>Specialized in Divination, opposition schools are Necromancy and Enchantment. Carries an Amulet of Inescapable Location as his bonded object so his friends can always find him. Always aware of being scryed upon.
>Brilliant but kickass wizard, dumped Cha.
>True neutral.
>Seeks to establish a Cartographical Society, delve new dungeons, and refine his arcane thesis on dungeon ecology. Been frozen in stone the last 110 years.
>Currently after the Lich King who unfroze him, wants to ask questions about lair.

Cohort:
>Asked DM if I could have a Skeleton cohort. He agreed.
>Rattle rattle.
>Enter Talus Navicular Palatine
>Lvl 7 Skald, NE Human Skeleton
>Sings his raging songs while swinging an Earthbreaker, can heal by punching himself in the face.
>Is a librarian.
>Also a very charismatic secret skelly.
>Been skelly the last 60 odd years, was tracking down Nym, sidetracked by getting killed, reanimated, then Awakened by his necromancer who wanted to take down a nearby dragon.
>Pulled out of hole in armor, party doesn't know his secret, thought he'd help slay dragon as thanks, plus killing is fun. And everyone is heading the same place. Has scroll of Stone to Flesh, doesn't know he's too late.

Help me make this as awesome as possible. The main party has a Paladin or two, but I'm really not that concerned.

t. same guy who complains about idrive for weeks on end

I don't understand the goal with this chargen. "Classless" means nothing because people just fall back on the traditional roles, especially when you have to build your character using a VERY narrow list of features already taken from character classes. You don't get to take any of the interesting stuff from various other classes or archetypes, so now you've got all these apps doing very similar things mechanically (Aegis, grappling, etc.).

>new character is a "Conqueror" futa with addictive cum

pottery

>kickass wizard
*dickass wizard. Not trying to suck my own dick, here.

>the worst meme
>out of all the other terrible shit like Vult, Rory, IDrive, Disk, Broodie, Kawase, StarToad, etc.
Really makes you think.

I thought about it, but decided the Trox Forcestrike Knuckles/Armory of the Conquerer mobile mating press build I came up with probably still wouldn't make it into that degenerate mess because I'm a nobody that's not in Discord, so I didn't bother.

Do it anyway, Argentum once recruited a roll20 rando to a game I think. You have nothing to lose!

Grim wasn't a rando, they were Captain Slow's cockpuppet.

weren't they Vult's cockpuppet? what if they're Startoad's?

There's already like 3 people doing the mating press thing, Argentum's usual hangup of "REEEEEEEEEE NOT ENOUGH MALES" is going to be "REEEEEEEEE NOT ENOUGH NON-FUTA FEMALES" this time around

>Foxtits

>Cockpuppet of Vult or StarToad

Next thing you'll tell me is that it was Wist or Sleep or Rory's sockpuppet.

that would be too clever a ruse for one of those, though