I have an idea

I have an idea

I want to create a cult based on buddhism that targets edgy teens who just discovered that "life is suffering".

Think about it: emo/goths are always so melancholy and angsty about how they are so intelligent for realizing that life is meaningless suffering

But the twist is that budhism says this as well, but puts a positive spin on it. Plus once you add in chakras and other spooky budhism inner magic concepts, you could really appeal to that kind of crowd.

So i figure to do this I would have to rewrite and change all the words and names in the basic buddhism teachings to appeal to the target market. Like using edgy D&D fantasy names and generally westernizing the superficial aspects of it, while keeping the wisdom generally unmolested.
Plus instead of monk robes, spooky cult outfits straight out if rise of tiamat or some shit would definitely draw them in

What do you guys think? What can i do to make it better?

Pic not really related, i only have cancerous FB memes on my phone rn

I want right body in left outfit.

I am only here to post this
My Nigga

It's called Nietzsche and it's already been done to death.

Sounds good

Yea but he got fucked up by going full on /pol/ towards the end when he got sick and his sister started writing for him.

iirc he didn't go full /pol/, his sister just reinterpreted stuff he wrote because she was a /pol/ack

Happy Buddha levels of thiccness on Emo/Goth teens?

I'm intrigued

Nietzsche hated what most people consider nihilism though, he was just philosophically nihilist and most of his philosophy was based on being the opposite of people having a nihilistic and/or escapist (really the same for him though) mindset.
To be honest Nietzsche kinda paved the way to actual nazi and /pol/ rhetoric because of his own rhetoric to find twisted reasons to call anyone disagreeing with him a slave and implicitely himself a master to avoid the consequences of his philosophy being judged for its practical consequences.
Even if he wasn't especially racist for his time, disliked a lot of future thought process of the nazis and /pol/acks, and wasn't antisemic at all because he was in love with a maybe jewish woman and thought the hate against jews was a remnant of christianism and generally ressentment against their successes.

Just make it make it based on something so old that people not gonna research about anyway, like Sumeria or Babylon, or even earlier civilizations.

Celts and Wicca are done to death. Viking paganism is also stale. A gothic "victorian-christian spooky" also isn't very fresh.

Go Sumerian-Lovecraftian and you have a aesthetic already, now you just need to write the words.

Patrician taste.

There's nothing patrician about thiccposting.

Thiccposting is bad when it's jusr fatposters in denial.
Nothing wrong with hips, butt and breasts.

My niggas fucked up the first try,
remember kids don't drink and post.

Pic related

Add body positivity to your Cult of Thicc and I'll join.

His sister edited his works near the end, but that doesn't mean he himself went /pol/.

Most white person born before 1960 was /pol/. Even Abraham Lincoln did not believe black People should have the vote. Even most /pol/locks irl would be uncomfortable with a position the Great Emancipator considered common sense irl.

Here is a rule of thumb, people who live far away from you or long before you, (and long after you) will have wildly different values than you.

>implying I wouldn't ultra smash that thicc cutie soroitas

NOW THIS IS THE KIND OF IDEA I MADE THIS THREAD FOR

Thank you friends
I know i made the classic blunder but i like where this is going.

AlsoIs an idea i like too
Conan-like aesthetics are great

Everybody is a Nietzschean now, just as everybody is a postmodernist now, regardless of if they want to be one or not. If you ask people to justify their beliefs these days, they will say they believe it because they believe it, and they will view you with suspicion for questioning them in the first place. This trend was first noticed by a professor in his book, the Closing of the American Mind.

It was rare for Nietzche's time for an educated man to declare anyone that did not one hundred percent agree with him a wrongbad, but it was not unheard of, especially among philosophers. Freud claimed his critics were all neurotics, Marx claimed his critics suffered from false consciousness, etc.

>everyone has become a philosopher nowadays

Man that really explains a lot of social problems

>But the twist is that budhism says this as well, but puts a positive spin on it.
But it doesn't though?

>the eightfold path is not a positive idea as apposed to the nihilism that emo/goths embrace

Being kind and doing good things is better than becoming cynical

Wrong. It's closer to Schopenhauer, Nietzsche's primary influence, who he disagreed with quite a bit (In This Spoke Zarathustra he says "let us find him a cliff to throw himself from" or something to that effect).

Nietzsche discouraged the passive reflection and suppression of desire Buddhism encourages, and instead thought people should actively engage in desire and attempt to fulfill those desires.

He didn't consider himself a master, he thought master morality needed to be overcome as well; he just gave slave morality a harder time because it was the dominant force in society.

He was never /pol/. He hated german nationalism he had a falling with his friend Richard Wagner over it.

Look into the Aum Shinrikyo cult, it is pretty much exactly what you described.

It was a Japanese death cult active in the 80's & 90's that twisted the Buddhist idea of karma to justify torture and mass murder. In 1995, they set off 3 sarin gas devices on the Tokyo subway, killing a few people and mutilating thousands.

Yea but this one would just be about being a nice person and helping others while wearing borderline LARP outfits

You don't have the charisma to be a cult leader.
sage

Determined not to have any fun, huh?

>implying

>White Buddhism

Sam was worst girl

Liking hot girls is a-okay.

'Ironically' talking like a nigger is disgusting.

It's a thing. pic related.

>race relating to religion

>thicc is urban slang
what

You can't deny that Buddhism the way (most) white people practice it is just some new age hippy shit mixed with a heavy dose of Orientalism.

>You can't deny that Buddhism the way (most) white people practice it is just some new age hippy shit mixed with a heavy dose of Orientalism.
I also cannot confirm it.
I don't live among upper class socialites, i don't live among the very superficial mostly secular people you outline
I've met very diligent Buddhists who where white on the other hand.
Most of them were practicing monks or what ever you would refer to it, i think they were all from the Mahāyāna branch or whatever you'd call it generally interesting folks.

>I have an idea
>
>I want to create a cult based on buddhism that targets edgy teens who just discovered that "life is suffering".

Y-you mean in a game, right user? You're making a cult in a game?

Still less of a joke than asian masculinity.

This.

>But the twist is that budhism says this as well, but puts a positive spin on it.
It doesn't. Nirvana is pretty death.

Buddhism is one of the few real death cults out there

Not even close. Nietzsche was never a nihilism, far from it

Because germans were mindless drones

Evil Buddhism is a thing. It's basically what Buddhism is, if you aren't a hippie from San Francisco.

This dude was a Buddhist.

>Even if he wasn't especially racist for his time, disliked a lot of future thought process of the nazis and /pol/acks, and wasn't antisemic at all because he was in love with a maybe jewish woman and thought the hate against jews was a remnant of christianism and generally ressentment against their successes.

He accused them of being hypocrites, as the average jew-hater of his time was a christian. But his critics agains't jewish haters doesn't apply for people that doesn't believe in Jesus or are not really losers

It's not evil Buddhism. It's evil people that happen to be Buddhist.

Religion really doesn't matter that much to most people.

>Because germans ARE mindless drones and also the producer of countless modern evils
ftfy

well to us now after years of secularism.
Wasn't he also a lutherin as well?
i mean even then you have Kahns who were buddhists and generally they are worse

Not really, unless you're also taking into account that all these pseudo-philosophers don't have open minds or know the first goddamn thing about philosophy.

>he doesn't even know who coined his buzzwords

Buddhism is a religion like any other, and as such can and has been interpreted in disgusting ways by disgusting people to justify all kinds of wars, violence, and crimes, and has had its fair share of fanatics and zealots. It's just that Westerners tend to have a irrationally idealized image of "oriental" religions due to their seemingly "strange" and "exotic" qualities and think of them as beyond such petty things as fundamentalism. Or, in the case when some teenager learns about Buddhist extremism (for example) and feel betrayed, think of it as a fundamentally evil idea. It's not either.

Arguably so only in Therevada and most buddhists are Mahayana.

> Westerners tend to have a irrationally idealized image of "oriental" religions
>this
Had a conversation with a "nu-Buddhist" twat who only talked about "inner peace" but can't talk answer when i ask him how the spiritual cycle makes any sense or how could removing oneself from the world make one stronger.

>Nietzsche discouraged the passive reflection and suppression of desire Buddhism encourages, and instead thought people should actively engage in desire and attempt to fulfill those desires.

This, i'm not sure how people get nihilism from WILL TO POWER and BECOMING THE UBERMENSCH

Neitzsche wasn't nihilist he was just amoral

that's pretty simple to answer though? Removing yourself from the world removes the chains that bind you, you're free to act. The problem of course is that without context or care for the world, any action you would take would be necessarily meaningless. This is why the ultimate expression of buddhism is ceasing to be, because it's becoming unfettered without feeling the need to act or be anything

The problem with those mindset is that it removes the 'be compassionate' requirement of Buddhism.

This is why Buddhism is a lot harder than people think it is. you at once remove yourself from the world, while maintaining your presence in it in order to help the less fortunate than yourself.

>This is why the ultimate expression of buddhism is ceasing to be
I remember someone saying something like this: "Christians like to make something from nothing, Buddhists like to make nothing from something"
Yeah, basically Main thing for Buddhist is to cease activity completely and achieving something like spiritual neutrality, when you arent bound to anything and therefore can stop cycle of reincarnation.

>The problem with those mindset is that it removes the 'be compassionate' requirement of Buddhism.

Which is why there are many Buddhavesta who do just that, they could or do achieve enlightenment but stay on earth to help others do it too. To say nothing of Buddha's rice epiphany: "Brothers, there is rice, it is good, eat, eat!"

So that would mean that they would practice their religion best by laying on the ground and slowly turn into fertilizer. Its a bogus religion, Its main goal is disconnection and achieve nothing, then fooling themselves that it means something.

you'd still be trapped in the cycle because you haven't really disconnected yourself spiritually. Also Buddha's rice epiphany is a reminder to be compassionate to yourself

My man, if you don't even have Wikipedia-tier knowledge about the thing you're talking about it's best to say nothing.
You could not be more wrong.

Oh come on, don't dip the "soul cycle", "introspection", "enlightenment " shit. I know you 're educated folks, and i know you know bullshit when you smell it and see it.

The mystical concepts are interesting to study but to take it seriously is idiocy.

*tips fedora*

>discussing buddhism
>ignoring huge parts of the religion because you think its too unrealistic
>having to believe in a religion to discuss it completely

Please stop being such a dumb ass nigger and have an open mind
Maybe then you can reach enlightenment.

you fucking dumb kid?

Take inspiration from /pol/reddit kek cult stuff.

I'm surprised that no-one's mentioned Planescape's Dustmen yet. The Dusties are a pretty good source of inspiration for this sort of thing.

>thiccposters are so dumb they don't even know where it comes from.

As someone who has spent time as and was once a Buddhist monk some of you got some interesting and strange ideas.

THICC

Planescape is full of fun bits like that.

>Jews

>black people appropriating geek culture
That's super fucking problematic.

>thinks there is such a thing as geek culture

My sides.

>Blacks being aware of anything that's not in a kanye west song

user should do stand up comedy

one
I am not a thicc poster
two
I do not live near basketball Americans nor do i use social media for the most part.
why would i know this.

Judaism is contains both an ethnicity and a religion
People are able join the religion and have in numbers. Wasn't there an entire kingdom that dis so and thus dispersed itself and there are racially african jews.
I mean the jews themselves are Semitics no?
which does include basically every person in the middle east to some extent and arabs maintain they are semmetic as well.
but i think that has something to do with Abraham and explaining why their pagan monument is totally Halal.
though given the invasion Egypt by semmetic peoples that might not be bullshit

Seems your are the one who's thick, user

well, there's the pederasty thing and that Sapho dyke

>there's the pederasty thing

I think that's mostly in eclipse phase and Cthulutech.

Perhaps if i was an American.
First time I've seen it was here in the form of thicc posters
and i am not up to snuff on the slang of the american-african poor

Urban = Nigger

Go suck ya madda

>Urban = Nigger*

Fucking copy past

Emo kids end up being the dalai llama quote peddlers more often than goth kids. And they get fat despite doing coke on the weekend.

Unnecessarily harsh.

I agree. Buddhism is pretty much neutral evil, the religion.

Detaching yourself from the suffering of others is morally repugnant in my book.

>Autism Shinrikyo

The Tibetan Llama regime pre-chinese intervention was know for eye gouging the peasants for minor crimes, you can start there.

The term "anti-semite" is kind of a misnomer, because the Ashkenazi Jews (which make up a whopping 80% of all Jews) are descended almost entirely from European converts. It's an open secret among the Jewish community, because historians have known this fact for decades now and geneticists have proven it.

Atheists (or agnostics) who still practice the cultural/ritual side of Judaism because it was their parents religion shouldn't really be calling themselves atheists.

I've never had any problems with Buddhists.

I disagree.
for two reasons.
I do not believe that the practice was supposed to remove one's empathy for others just the emotional reactions to other people.
But who know how it's been over the years.

Generally speaking i do not believe that acting emotionally upon people's suffering is a good idea.
if you want to help people a level head or even a detached one should be most in need

Except they still carry genetic ties to the middle East. The Khazar hypothesis is pseudo-scientific plop.

Yes, I agree. I think there is a quote by a stoic philosopher to the effect of: "Why would I get upset just because my friend is upset? That doesn't help him. It's like if my friend caught a cold and I decided to get sick also out of solidarity."

Buddhism > Islam.

In my experience people will frequently justify their beliefs by claiming "it's scientific!" and acting as if that prevents any further discussion. Apparently people have forgotten that science is not a doctrine, but a method.

>Buddhism > Islam.
that's true of every religion though
> lost a lot of our holy book but it's a miracle
>worship a pagan monument because of a clear political move by Mohammad
>our version of the abhramic god is the harshest even compared to the Jewish one.
>god doesn't love you like a creator loves his creation

It's become a sort of religion until itself
and as a result many things will attempt to be science despite having very weak rigor

> lost a lot of our holy book but it's a miracle
What's more shady: Islam's "told to one person, original manuscript taken into heaven neener neener you can't get it" or Mormonism's "told to one person, original tablets buried in the middle of nowhere neener neener you can't get it"?

Nobody said anything about the Khazars. Ashkenazis are genetically European with little to no middle-east roots. This is a fact, you can look it up for yourself.