What's Veeky Forums's opinion on pic related?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on pic related?

I'm a fan

My opinion is that you fuckers need to stop making e-celeb threads
Stupid fucking normalfags and underaged b&.

Oh shut up.

>underaged b&
lol cuz people who like things i dont like are obviously underaged

I agree but if you ignore these things they tned to die off on their own quicker

Never watched it. What's this show about?

Dan Harmon, his Ex-Wife, and Jeff Davis found a random guy in the audience to DM for them and have made it into an animated show. It's pretty good. Anyone got a mega for the new episodes?

i just signed up for the free trial

its got a ton of other good shit too like bravest warriors

I'm not gonna pay for it but it's neat for 30 days

I liked the start... I liked the main cast... just some of the guest killed it for me. I watched the first session has there been a second?

>normalfag

newfag

He plays with his ex wife? Wtf.

I think that is the main issue with the show. The premise and the cast are solid. However, each episode depends on how good the guest is. If the guest is awkward or dull the show is not worth watching. If the guest is hilarious or fun those episode are pretty great.

Because im from the UK I only knew like two of them. And the only one I remember is the chick from Brooklyn 99.
Shoot, as much as I don't like him wil wheaton would of been better then most of them.

While I understand that it had to be scripted so it could easily fit into an easy to consume series, at times the nature of its writing is a bit obvious.
The writers aren't terrible, per se, but for example when Harmonds character has the "I'm going on my own" trope during the episode in the desert only to have his emotional qualms resolved before the credits rolled really killed the semblance of a real game.

Also I think the format is better for mainstream consumption than something like critical role. The story is "epic" but the way that the DM and the cast improvise feels much more natural than anything Mercer does.

>While I understand that it had to be scripted
How is it scripted? It feels like when they play on Dan's podcast, they're just a lot less drunk

It also helps that Spencer I'm pretty sure does all the rolling and reduces the slog that you get when Critical Role's cast still don't understand how to play 100% after more than 400 hours on air

Spencer Crittenden is literally credited as the writer of each episode. Aside, I doubt a show with a guest character each week and ran for a neat 10 episodes in the first season didn't have some form of scripting to keep the narrative moving at a decent pace.

Go shill somewhere else.

I think he had a general idea of what would happen each episode. Outside of that, keeping the narrative moving is Spencer's big strength as a GM

This
And a shit ton of editing.

Not gut-bustingly funny but a clever idea and I like the cast. I'd call myself a fan.
I think it's edited, rather than truly scripted. Like a lot of improv shows. The "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" crew doesn't actually throw out gold every time they get up, sometimes their bits fall flat and they just edit it out.
Also, the GM is fairly rail road-y, so in that sense it is scripted. They might briefly discuss some of their ideas beforehand, but the guests throw the whole thing for a loop enough time that I don't think it's completely thought out ahead of time.

>random guy
That dude has been in comedy for years, mostly as a writer.
My favorite episode is when the creepy little Paki comedian I loathe guest starred. he immediately turned everything into making the other characters give him gold and handjobs, which reinforced my loathing of him while proving stereotypes about Pakistanis at the same time.
Aubrey Plaza was also the perfect "Im a cute chick just doing this cause my boyfriend is" type of person. 'd also eat the corn out of her shitty asshole if given the chance.
It also really highlights who is carrying all the weight in Rick and Morty comedically. Hint, it ain't Harmon.

>That dude has been in comedy for years, mostly as a writer.
He was a random loser living with his parents
Also