Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New paint app edition

>Old
>New Duncan, some eldar shit who fucking cares
youtube.com/watch?v=asu5OuAckIE&t

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/the-citadel-paint-app-available-tomorrowgw-homepage-post-1/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamesworkshop.citadelpaint&hl=en
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/forge-world-focus-agripinaa-sep15gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Perturabo is a nice young man

Is this what happens in the first few milliseconds of being hit by a mletagun?

Where do I get new blight launcher models? Do I have to kitbash them?

Paint App's out boys. Go get it and maybe win over a 100 paints.

FW destroyer models

How many turns do non-competitive games typically last?

Xth for Deldar Bestdar!

I've got 2 from the '3 man boxes'.

I bought that box though because it has a champion with a plasma gun and power fist, which is a neat fucking combo that I wanna take on my Plague Marines. So 1 special weapon I like, and a sergeant with a cool weapon combo.

3 if one player is getting totally smashed

Easy to Build Plague Marines has a dude with one, so 12 yurobucks for a Blight Launcher dude, a Bolter dude and a Champ with way too much gear. Other than that, wait for the actual Plague Marine box.

>inb4 no Plague Marine box ever

thanks user!

You can summon after disembarking.

Yeah I got that too, it's just the blight launcher dude is pretty distinctive and I don't want a duplicate.

Image.

Also, the paint app released early. It's not very useful.

Good thing his arm is a separate piece.

What's better?

D6 S8, ap-2, D3 damage

2d3, S7, a-1, 3 damage

2d3 and d6 are the same, so your str, ap and damage are what matters.

S8 is more impactful due to the thresholds it reaches. More so than 7 in a big way. Ap-1 or 2 is a difference whatever. Reliable damage is important though.

What would you prefer?

Thanks for sharing. I hope your dude does well.

Yeah, but as of right now there's no body with that same scale that you could put the arm on.

average and distribution of 2d3 and d6 are not identical

Second profile, reliable damage trumps 1 better ap and strength for me

Rate my murder Mobile:

Vanguard Detachment 1CP 673

HQ
Vulkan He'stan 154

Elite
Company Ancient -Combi Melta 82

Company Veterans 78
-Sarge Combi Melta Storm Shield
-Vet Meltagun Storm shield

Company Veterans 78
-Sarge Combi Melta Storm Shield
-Vet Meltagun Storm shield

Dedicated Transport
Razorback Heavy Flamer 99

Why?

Average of d6 is 3, average of d3 is 1.5.

1.5x2 = 3.

No problem. I have the 30th anniversary model as well if you need the info.

The Captain seems okay, but I don't see a points cost anywhere. 6 PL also seems a bit excessive considering that's the same price as 50 conscripts.

Chaplain Dreadnoughts can take the Armor Indomitus

Hey so how does this paint app contest work? Does it just randomly pick a device that downloaded the app and send a notification that they won?

Something like that, make sure notifications are enabled.

That's what the terms and conditions looked like

Sorcerers can take juggernaut as a mount

>the stalest meme

Just painted my first ever model.

C&C?

They cannot. A Juggernaut is not a piece of equipment you can take, it's an entirely separate datasheet and, to the surprise of nobody, there is no Sorcerer on Juggernaut of Khorne datasheet.

is the app available ?

Minimum of 1 vs minimum of 2. So 2d3>1d6

Demidov is a silly name

Points cost will be in the codex so Primaris Captain+power fist+plasma pistol.

good for a first attempt, next time thin your paints more and be a bit neater.
Also consider drybrushing for easier highlighting and adding texture

2d3 is better than 1d6.

It's a meme you dip

>Just painted my first ever model.
You are a filthy fucking liar is what you are.

Yes.

>he doesn't know the reply is part of the meme

Thin your paints.

2d3 is better than d6. 2-6 average 4 vs. 1-6 average 3.5. you also need to factor in the BS of the Crawler vs. the Predator. The Predator Autocannons is much better. What is in the Crawler's favor is the extra durability of 3+/5++/5+++.

I've failed you, master

>base is boring
>background has shadows visible, learn2photo
>right foot out of focus
>swords lazily painted in same way as rest of the armour, painter clearly didn't want to put any effort it
2/10 would not bang.

Really was wishing you'd be able to save your own color schemes on this app...

Yeah, I was hoping to test out color schemes using it...

It's what I asked for last year when I pitched the app idea to them, that and codex style blank paper dolls, guess they couldn't be assed.

At the very least there's those space marine painters and the SoB one, but those don't support paints at all.

Why haven't there been more fan made unit/army painters?

What app?

Oh nevermind, it isn't a list building app. Just a boring paint app. GW had one job.

the app app

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/the-citadel-paint-app-available-tomorrowgw-homepage-post-1/

Because it takes time and effort and geedubs could decide to sue them after.

Anyone got a link, because it's not showing up for me.

Look up any GW App and scroll down to "More Apps from GW"

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamesworkshop.citadelpaint&hl=en

What are the chances you think of winning the free paints?

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/forge-world-focus-agripinaa-sep15gw-homepage-post-4/

Anyone talking about this? The trait seems kinda meh, but that strat is real damn nice. Respawning 6 kataphrons sounds dope as fuck, and dropping them right on the board is just icing on the cake

I wonder what's happening to the new kataphrons

Zero. Those paints are going to friends and family members of GW.

However many people download it to 1, with a chance for however many prizes they give out.

It's shit. You not only pay command points but reinforcement points for the strat to go off, since it creates a new unit. The dogma's meh at best, in a codex full of shit like Mars' 'take two canticles and call me in the morning' or Lucius' 'ignore the best part of heavy bolters/autocannons'.

Oh, and I forgot that in any game with kill points, it hands your opponent a free kill point because you removed a unit from the game.

Read it again. It doesn't create a new unit.

It is however shit.

>creates a new unit

>You not only pay command points but reinforcement points for the strat to go off, since it creates a new unit.
No it doesn't and no you don't. Holy shit you people are so fucking bad at understanding Reinforcement points.

>Yeah, but as of right now there's no body with that same scale that you could put the arm on.
have you tried primaris marines?

>reinforcement points for the strat to go off, since it creates a new unit.
>Remove the chosen unit...
>...then set it up AGAIN

>not ...set up an identical unit.
>but set it up again

Same unit. No points (besides CP) required.

Vanguard detachment

Chaplain Dreadnought = 204
2 fists, 2 stormbolters

Venerable Dreadnought = 177
twin lascannon, fist, heavy flamer
Mortis Dreadnought = 141
2 twin autocannons
Dreadnought = 139
multi melta, fist, storm bolter
Ironclad dreadnought = 162
seismic hammer, fist, heavy flamer, metlagun
Ironclad dreadnought = 162
seismic hammer, fist, heavy flamer, metlagun

Super heavy detachment
Knight Achron = 493

Gonna try this out tomorrow. Probably won't go well.

>Average of d6 is 3,
no

Say I have an exalted sorcerer, but I want to use ahriman's rules because I don't want to spend another 40 bucks on a dude. Is this okay or not?

>Have an eldar unit that can retreat during a turn and set up again next turn.
>Everytime I do this I give my opponent killpoints

Lads, I need your help. The 40k scene in my country is pretty much fucking dead. There's tons of old school players but they all quit years ago (5th and earlier). My buddy and I have been playing against each other at our club though and they've been asking questions and showing interest, especially since 8th un-clusterfucked the rules. They asked us to consider a tutorial day of sorts for oldfags and newbies to rekindle some interest.

I have no idea how to do that though. What would you, if you were an old-time player, want to see or get taught for you to gain interest back?

Observe a sample game with steps explained throughout, fielding one of every type of unit to cover everything? Bring two armies and play a sample game with one of the newbies while others watch and you explain?

>You not only pay command points but reinforcement points for the strat to go off, since it creates a new unit.
>it hands your opponent a free kill point because you removed a unit from the game.

>casual game and you clearly explain it beforehand
fine with me
>tournament
no

No. Kill Points are for units that are destroyed at the end of the game.

Yes

Completely different armour. It looks incredibly off. I mean, I guess you could do it with a ton of Blightking parts and greenstuff, but why bother when you can just wait for the multi-part box?

Is it just one guy who is always completely retarded about understanding how RP/KP work or are there a bunch of you stupid shitters running around?

This country is?

That sounds like it'll be one of the Tau traits too.
I'm pleased there is a decent mix of new traits and not overdone recycling

He's the same guy who thinks you can't summon after disembarking.

>They asked us to consider a tutorial day of sorts for oldfags and newbies to rekindle some interest.
Thats a bit of a problem
because oldfarts will understand some concepts easy. Newbies, in my experience, often have problems at different things.
So you could make some sort of sample game, but then split into two groups (of one:D) and have one explain the basics (movement, shooting, melee) to the newbies and oldfart seperately

Ask them. If possible, split your army into two halves. Keep the lists simple. Your buddy does the same.

You both play a friendly game vs. someone interested. Explaining while you go.

>Observe a sample game with steps explained throughout, fielding one of every type of unit to cover everything?

Don't bring one of everything. That will be a bit overwhelming. Look at Start Collecting boxes for inspiration. Hero. Core unit. Big toy. Now add maybe another Core and an Elite and you'll be good.

What armies do you and your buddy have?

That's a completely different issue which is actually ambiguous until GW steps in and clarifies.

Reinforcement points on the other hand are super easy to understand.

>My son, the planet or me?
Come on man, don't do that.

Everything you said sounds pretty much exactly like what I'd do to reinvest former players. You should also make sure to exclude shenanigans like Girlyman and Birdnerd from anything besides a pure demonstration of the newer model designs.

Malta. 1 LGS, like 2 clubs (one of them is WAAC as fuck, the other is chill but almost no wargaming), no GW and the scene is pretty tiny.

That's a good point, I'll keep that in mind. But they're pretty chill and super patient. They know shitloads of boardgames by heart but they have no problem sitting down to explain how one is played to a newbie at any time.

I have Tau, CSM, Thousand Sons and some Necrons. He has BT and some IG.

Your SC idea is a good one. I can easily bring two or three small armies with me, say 500 or 600 points.

>2d3 and d6 are the same
No they are not. Learn to do distributions, not just averages.

D6
1 : 1/6
2 : 1/6
3 : 1/6
4 : 1/6
5 : 1/6
6 : 1/6

2D3
1 : 0/9
2 : 1/9
3 : 2/6
4 : 3/9
5 : 2/9
6 : 1/9

Does that look the same?

A subpar trailer for rubbish game.

The averages aren't even the same.

An amazing trailer for an utterly shit game, was what it was.

its not on the google play store, ya pinhead

Redpill me on a Deathwing army.

One other thing to recommend:
>Cheatsheets

I'd create a copy of all the Dataslates the trial army they'll use as well as an Army summary.

I found the thing that killed new players was flipping back and forth for rules.

Maybe you can get your LGS to break open some Dark Imperium sets and let newbies try them out.

I got it, yes it is.

If you're an idiot they're close enough for you consider the difference to be insignificant.