Let's make a Space Marine Chapter Veeky Forums

I'm bored and feel like doing something for shits and giggles, let's build an LSM, someone roll me a d10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BT6QEeh3VgU
1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Strategic Prognostication our Chapter was founded because of a Tarot Reading or Administratum Paranoia, roll me a d100 to see just how old we are brothers.

Rolled 42 (1d100)

FOR THE EMPEROR

37th Millennium, rather young compared to a lot of Chapters.

Now the first big roll, progenitors. Roll a d100 and pray for no Smurfs.

Rolled 83 (1d100)

Here's hoping for space wolf great company

WOOO WE FIST SUCCESSORS.

Determine Purity, another d10

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Pure, we dodged the Flawed Genes bullet by the plate of our pauldrons.
Another big roll time, Chapter Demeanor, d10 again everyone. Are we good little Foritifcation Builders, or are we Absolute Lunatics?

Rolled 3 (1d10)

No Mercy, No Respite.

We may be Black Templar Successors, since the chapter seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from them.

Since we rolled pure on the Geneseed we don't have to worry about Mutation, but we do need to determine flaw.

D10 please.

Try again, and have a Templar Pic.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Faith in Suspicion, so we have an Institution that we particularly hate.

Ideas? I'm thinking the Ecclisiarchy or Inquisition, but maybe we want to try something like the Sororitas?

Officio Assassinorium? Fuck the sneaky bastards

Kind of an easy target, maybe the Administratum or the Navy? I was thinking something different without being edgy or traditional.

Or is that just stupid?

Well, let's wait and see what the rest of the stuff we get is. The allies/enemies chart especially might give us some insight.

Alright, Figure and deed of legend.

I need two 1d100s.

Rolled 80, 10 = 90 (2d100)

A Company Captain, and he murdered the fuck out of a lot of Orks, probably a Warboss to boot.

Alright, next up... homeworld and terrain, another 2d100s.

Can we swap these around? Kinda got the blandest answers possible.

Rolled 46, 10 = 56 (2d100)

Eh, why not. Let's make it a Figure from the Fists or Templars who murderfucked the Eldar so hard they felt nostalgia.

Feral World, Jungle Terrain.

D10 for how we rule.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Distant Rule, we probably operate off of a nearby moon and just occasionally take Kiddies to become Astartes.

I suddenly get a Witcher Vibe. Weird.

Time for Codex Adherence and Battle Doctrine.

Roll a d10, since we're fist successors I'm expanding the range on how divergent we can be.

1-4 is Adherent
5-7 is Some Divergence.
7+ is FUCK THE CODEX

d10 for Doctrine

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Shouldn't we roll for which company he was in?

I'll count that as his company. 1st Company Vet it seems.

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Rolling

Looks like we're adherent

Sorry about that, went to eat dinner,

We're adherent to the codex like good little Astartes. Now, roll another d10 for Tactics

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Sneaky Knights?

Also, a thought, I feel like it might be cool for the homeworld to be a temperate jungle.Cool and foggy and something like a mix between Fangorn and Cascadia.

Yeah... we rolled Stealth, in a No Mercy No Respite Chapter.

This is gonna be a weird as fuck Chapter.

Kinda like the idea, sounds Scottish.

Do we want to do Special Equipment?

Either way it's a D100 for Special Equipment or Chapter Beliefs.

Rolled 84 (1d100)

Special Fighting Pattern for Special Equipment, and Totem Creature for Chapter Beliefs.

I'm not sure here anons, what do you guys think?

Special Fighting Pattern. Gotta mix things up if you're gonna be sneaky, right?

True enough, maybe an Emphasis on Stalker Bolters or Power Swords for Silent Kills.

Next up is Beliefs, another d100

Rolled 11 (1d100)

Revere the Primarch.

We Venerate Dorn by... being sneaky.

Someone really read into his history wrong.

Okay, next up is Strength. D10.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Well, maybe they took his whole "walls and fortifications" thing a slightly different direction. Instead of being a wall of stone, or a wall of bodies, they're an invisible wall to protect the Imperium.

Nominal, one away from Overstrength.

Last step, 2d100s for Friends and Enemies. Then I compile this shit.

Rolled 77, 22 = 99 (2d100)

Imperial Navy and Orks.

Okay, time to compile all of this and make heads or tails of this shit.
Strategic Prognostication
37th Millennium Founding
Imperial Fist Successors.
Pure Geneseed (As pure as you can get)
No Mercy No Respite
Faith in Suspicion
1st Company Captain from the Progenitor Chapter
Murdered Eldar on their Craftworld.
Feral Jungle World with Distant Rule.
Codex Adherent
Stealth for Chapter Tactics
Special Fighting Pattern.
Revere the Primarch Beliefs.
Friends with the Imperial Navy
Major Hatred of Orks.

So, any ideas how to make heads or tails of this shit?

Clearly the out-Kommando the kunnin-est Ork, and when Ork Roks emerge over an Imperial system, these Marines are already positioned directly in their anus, poised to shred them from the inside out. Possibly with help from the Navy boys.

Ork Exterminators who operate using Twin Power Swords and make use of whatever Stealth Tech they can get their hands on?

I could see this working.

Maybe they could have some sort of portable Stealth field? Just maneuver close enough to an enemy flank then uncloak and raise hell.

They protect those who dont need to see their protection. They hide not from enemy, but from friends. Secret service strike force dealing with dangers that officially never there in the first place.

Maybe the focus on walls from Dorn is just a massive distraction. They set up fortifications to lure the enemy into attacking them only to strike the enemy from behind. Or they learned a valuable lesson from the whole peturabo thing and set up a grissly "home alone" fort where they lure enemies into traps

One of their way by which they are notorious for making war against the orks is the silent drop pod assault. It is only applicable in offensive wars but they have mastered it.

Get a navy ship that can fire drop pods. Have it translate into real space still just out in the interstellar blackness. Point it to fly by the target planet and have it accelerate and only cut engines once it gets to possible detection range. Then switch everything off and drift dark and cold into the system for a few years. Any heat, light or other detectable radiation generated by the ship should be emitted in the tightest possible beam away from the planet. It appears to be from the target's perspective a cold object in the cold of space.

At some point the marines are placed into a medically induced coma and hooked up into drop pods with life support machines in them. This would be so much easier if Dorn's kin could into suspended animation normally but such is life.

Some months of drifting through space the pod hits the planet and the marine wakes up. The ship continues to drift past the planet and out of the system. Once out of the system it regroups with the oncoming Imperial Crusade.

The marines set about gathering information about the occupying forces, painting targets, planning ambushes, placing traps and identifying leaders.

Once the main Imperial forces arrive enemy vital ammunition dumps and supply heaps explode and the leadership is decapitated more or less simultaneously. Marines transmit all they have learned to the Guard brass and tell them which roads to avoid because they've left surprises on them.

Then the Marines do what they do best. Acquire target, execute, repeat until target depletion.

It's not a quick way of making war for Astartes but it is very cost effective and is meticulous and methodical in the best Dornian tradition.

OP, how about we roll up the name for this chapter as well?

Or we suggest names on what is already established.

Rolled 22, 37 = 59 (2d100)

>Death Guard

whelp, looks like we are traitors now

lol

like we're the loyalist death guard lol

>SCP space marines
>an entire chapter dedicated to the capture and study of alien tech and non-warp magic fuckery

Feel like that with these rolls were not going to be able to do anything to do with fortifying things or other usual Dorn/Fist stuff. So what else is he know for ?
Being a stubborn ass ?
Maybe thats our thing, we stealth fortify locations. Nobody will know we are there until they arrive, then suddenly the trees come alive with hidden Astarte. Villages turn into sudden gun nests. Las cannons in bird nests.

Rolled 41, 97 = 138 (2d100)

Rollerino

isn't that basically just what deathwatch does already

What system are you using for this? I wanna try it on my own time, link the tables please

youtu.be/BT6QEeh3VgU

Seems pretty fortified to me

1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables.

There is a table for every faction in the game. Have fun.