What's the last thing you whole sale ripped off from a video game/book/movie and put into your campaign?

What's the last thing you whole sale ripped off from a video game/book/movie and put into your campaign?

Pic Related, just completely ripped off the Genie encounter at the Circus from BG2

Wrote a Dark Heresy campaign that was just Apocalypse Now in 40k.

Only what my players ask me to add during Session Zero. While I'm sure none of what I do on my own is terribly original, at least I'm plagiarizing through ignorance, not willfully.

Explain the encounter so I can steal it too.

Final Fantasy 8. The whole game.

I used a bunch of the riddles from Baldur's Gate 2, knowing full well none of my players had ever played it. Also I ripped off Moby Dick a little bit for a nautical segment of the campaign.

Genie takes over a circus tent and transforms everyone into horrible monsters, but then it turns out it's just some gnome illusionist.

Including the eye quest.

I ripped off the Machaka faction from Dom4 for a jungle city in a game.

I ripped off the campaign and one of the macguffins of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 The Shadow of Death for the backstory to an arc in another game. (PCs retrieving the vial of lifeblood or whatever)

I pretty much ripped Mayoi Snail and put it L5R. I just up aged the Snail and led a PC around on a random tour of Ryoko Owari.

Plot from EYE

I stole Ezra's magic-eating Dark Hunter from the Night Angel Trilogy for my Pathfinder game, and the death seed plot of Planet of Twilight for my Numenera game. None of my players read fiction so I'm not worried they'll realize.

I've run the plots of 13th Warrior (with cannibal druids) , King Arthur 2004 (against giants, and the players were all dwarves), The Warriors, and the getting stuck outside Baldurs Gate mission from Sword Coast Adventures.

I just flat out stole Nen from Hunter X Hunter for a FATE game.

Also, pretty much whatever book I'm reading or series I'm watching at the time will influence what Npcs that show up, or voices or personalities I use for them.

My current campaign antagonist is basically Orz

I did a variant of Blackhawk Down in Pathfinder, as a sequel to a campaign that basically started as Arcanum, continued into Bioshock crossed with Event Horizon, and ended as the LA Riots.

The first ever campaign I ever did had Its plot ENTIRELY ripped from Sonic Adventure 2 and no one ever found out

I ripped off House from House of Leaves. Will have a session in a couple of hours, curious how it'll turn out.

Not completely thread relevant, but I'm gaming with the same people I'm doing outdoor trips with.

I lifted various location we visited and used them as dungeons, including:

>a ruined abbey
>abandoned house
>a series of sulphuric springs and creeks

Did you include the incredibly unsatisfying part when he goes "this isn't what was promised to me!", and then the game never brings it up again, and you never find out how he got his powers?

I'd been working on a setting where people built big walled cities to hide from people-eating giants for the better part of a year before that fucking Attack of Titan show came out less than a fucking MONTH before I was going to run my campaign.

On the downside, it broke my creative drive forever. On the plus side, I just started shamelessly stealing from media I like instead of trying to do original things anymore and it's made GMing a lot easier. The players are at what is effectively the Sierra Madre from New Vegas right now, but none of them have played NV so I'm in the clear.

In the campaign I am currently creating, I pulled a few monsters and set-ups from related, (Eat-Yeet, a carnivorous tree, in particular is almost a direct rip) though most are still serving new roles. I also pulled the "feel" of a few dungeons, the intermeshing of industrial ruins in an otherwise fantasy setting, and the basic set-up of the ancient civilization from it, though they are serving different long-story purposes.
Also, I'm using a villain from it as a placeholder for one of the main villains of my campain as I draft the story around it, though I do fully intend to develop that villain into something more original and better fitting at some point. They will likely retain some features though.

I'm also loosely ripping the concept of magic as a byproduct of nuclear waste, and the origin of said nuclear waste from a game called Witch and the Hundred Knight. I might further rip off the basic structure of a government of witches from it, but I'm still not sure if that will actually fir into the campaign once it is finished.

I'm including a few more references to them as homages and credits, but those are surface-level anyways.

My nigga, been wanting to wholesale steal from Star Control for a while now

I'm running DtD so 'Everything' but in particular, I've stolen the STO Iconian idea for the C'Tan where they evolved from beings of flesh (The C'Tan) into beings of pure thought and energy (The Quori)

I completely ripped off the dark souls concept that you are undead and have to break the curse and told them that they can respawn if they die since they are undead but every time they do they lose sanity to a degree which results in some mental problems ( like memory loss, disadvantage to wisdom tests etc ) and if they die many times they will end up a brainless wandering zombie.

I even gave them onion bro as an NPC. The moment I saw they dont have any idea of souls games I went ahead and ripped even more stuff. This is the first session they played.

How much brouzouf was gained

I stole a lot from BG2 as well.
Most notably the entire Kangaxx questline.

I just put my Shadowrun group through a 6th world adaptation of The Thing. The arc ended when they blew up the base poured napalm on the wreckage, set it on fire, then blew it up again.

Or so they think.

What was he anyway? I remember his aura being weird.

Seven and The Name of the Rose for Dark Heresy

Starship troopers for Deathwarch

the whole Sprawl trilogy in Shadowrun, and the military dolphin from the short novels. They adopted it.

I'm currently in the process of ripping a bunch of random Battletech mechs for use as enemies in a sci-fi game I'm going to be running soon.

I like to include an NPC random encounter who's basically this guy and co in any game I can make it work

I ripped off the plot of the Miike movie 13 Assasins for a Star Wars game