Pendragon

So I'm gonna play Pendragon as a knight, my dear elegan/tg/entlemen. Altough I proposed to GM another game it's a pretty nice thing, wanted to play it for years

I'm here to ask you about what to expect that isn't apparent. I DID read the base game... one year ago or something, but while I do have a clear idea of the setting, the expectations, what we're gonna do, I'm not sure about the subtler things that the mechanics will shock us with.
For example, is the combat hard? What are the musts regarding skills and whatever?

Also: what are good ways to make the knights memorable?

If not, Pendragon general.

Don't worry, pic not related, women in armor don't exist (so do foreign knights, gonna start with early chronology - kinda wanted to do my best saracen Morgan Freeman impression but whatever).

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?c53nt5lzteano
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you know that author and his knight of the round table were example of failed knight?

If this is the Pendragon General, A) we should have them more often, and B) can somebody look this character creation outline over and see if it's a workable document to hand to my PCs? I'm not new to GMing in the slightest, but I *am* new to GMing Pendragon specifically. Veteran eyes would be helpful.

I'm about to start the Great Pendragon Campaign, I'm using the 5.1 rulebook (which is practically impossible to find in book form, btw), and I created the outline to help my players through the process. Everyone is still going to start with a Salisbury manor, and start with the skillset of a Cymric Knight.

Warning: it does include some house rules:
>there's some customization points to have limited control over dice rolls
>I've added back in variable Father Social Classes (from 4e) with some mechanical effects, but without controlling your starting Skill Points, which was totally broken in the older edition
>I'm adding back in some alternative lineages aside from Cymric (Roman and "Norse", which are really of Saxon lineage, but who don't fall under the Hate[Saxon] Passion; both are also from 4e), mostly because IMO the Roman lineage should never have been removed, and because one player is a new-to-RPGs guy who will really want to play "totally not Ragnar Lothbrok in Arthurian England".
>Attribute point-buy is increased from 60 to 65 points, or PCs can choose to roll 4d6 drop low
>Clarified that your family required both a Male and Female Characteristic, and tweaked the tables slightly. I do have one near-SJW at the table, so female knights are a - RARE - thing.

The reason for the house rules are because I feel that a ton of the interesting variability in PC creation was removed in the switch from 4e to 5e. Granted, I also feel that 4e had TOO much variability (all the different homelands and lineages), so I'm trying to strike a central balance point between the two.

Am I hitting the order of operations correctly, and/or am I missing anything really huge?

Arthurian games have the best artwork.

Last one. I really enjoy the earlier takes on Arthur. Rather than being knights in shining gothic or maximillian plate, being knights in mail and conical helms.

Bumping for OP.

OP here.

Hrm?

Interesting. Will pass to GM.

Thanks!

Malory was a rapist, he doesn't even qualify as a proper knight.

Pendragon trove is kill, does anyone have backup?

Not truly a backup, but here's a few things, at least.

mediafire.com/?c53nt5lzteano

>mediafire.com/?c53nt5lzteano

Thanks, at least the book of the manor is handy