Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tyranid Master Race Edition

>Newest Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=asu5OuAckIE&t

>Top 5 Squigs (Or are they?)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=daG1Pgr94zA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nth for Beastmen

You can summon after disembarking.

Plague Marines

Will the Maleceptor ever be good?

*fudges command points*

We will return.

How does the Nurgling keep from getting the pages sticky and smudged?

What do you think is the most popular CSM legion by total players?

admech btfo, no transports, weaker infiltrators, only mars is able to compete; rest should just go home.

Considering some parts for my Fuegan conversion.

Where should I put those Reaver spikes (black fin things)? On his helmet crest? His forearms?

Any colour ideas? My current Fire Dragons are scab red with blood red highlights and evil sunz yellow helmets.

laminated pages?

Everyone seems to love Iron Warriors for some reason.

with 8th actually getting me somewhat back into the game I might finally get around to assembling these deathwing I've had stuffed in a closet for years. I think I'll paint them early years black though.

What are the odds that one of the Sister's would get the Ravenguard/Alpha Legion/Admech equivalent trait?

Will just every faction get their version of it?

>weaker infiltrators
I'll give you that, but Lucius and teleporting kastelans is might scary.

Do you think I can paint my chaos spawn with sores and green slime so they count as Beast of Nurgle? BoN are basically a more reliable alternative with way better saves and consistent damage compared to spawn

This edition it will be alpha legion, because they're the waacfag legion, and have a dumb excuse to look like other legions.

>timmy, didn't you used to play word bearers
>yeah, but now I do alpha legion, I love their lore
>but your models still look like word bearers
>yeah, that's cause they're in disguise XD

The following should never have been expanded into full armies and should have remained as a few units to ally into other Imperial forces:

• Grey Knights
• Sisters of Battle
• Adeptus Mechanicus

LMAO

wrong.

You get your hands on the new codex? Because only half the forge worlds rules have bee released.

>grey knights
agreed
>sisters
disagree, they have a lot of fluff and an actually diverse amount of models to make armies out of, rather than 1 troop, 2 elites, and a mech.
>admech
eh, 6 of one.

How is it a dumb excuse if that is consistent with their tactics?

Are biovores any good? They seem really good, considering they can easily dish out moral wounds.

Hope they get the plastic treatment soon. Or at least the Pyrovore does, since it has a better model.

Grey Knights and Sisters should have remained chamber militants for their respective Inquisitorial branches. Ad Mech can stay as a standalone, because I don't know whose army they'd be rolled into

Heresy

>AdMech
>not tempestus scions
Come on.

They're actually mentioned in 8th edition I think

last thread bro. all the warlord traits and stratagems have been leaked.

Wanted to start this thread after some dark imperium negativity last thread...primaris lives matter.

>Will just every faction get their version of it?
Grey Knights didn't. did they?

Cute cat.

Fuck wrong pic

>Tyranid
>Master Race
>Constantly losing in their own codex
>Can't even win against a bunch of space mushroom football hooligan even after fighting them for 112 years nonstop

any opinions on this? I know the Beasts of Nurgle are more sluglike, but idk if that is a hard rule or a guideline

Link to last thread?

>painting on the sprue
please don't do this

Because why exactly?

Why does people playing these armies and having fun trigger you so?

Just jam them all into a "Dogs of War" style book. They're not meant to be full military forces of their own.

Fair point. Add them to the list!

>summon after disembarking anons still think they're right after things like this having been posted

winterseo has a video going through it all.

don't watch if you're an admech fan

Did they get any tactic options? I thought they were like Death Guard in that they all one Chapter/Legion/whatever

You've made the mistake of thinking any of the disembarking shitposters actually believe what they type.

Fuck the chads, post pets.

It's way easier to undercoat both sides of the flag on the sprue. I'll cut it off before I paint the flame design I had in mind.

Does anyone know if there's a place that has a catalog of gw models/releases throughout the years?

I'm curious to see how some models and factions have evolved through the course of the game

It's ok to prime on the sprue though.

Sisters are soldiers of the Ecclisiarchy, not the Inquisition.

Yes, every faction with subfactions will get it. Grey Knights and Death Guard have a codex, but didn't get it, because they don't have subfactions.

Expect Catachans to get it. Some sneaky git orks to get it. Some force field necron things to get it. Some hive fleet to get it. GSC will not get it, because they won't get subfactions (though they should, since they have varying cults).

Welcome to League of 40k.

What about Druchii?

Mold lines and paintless spots where the sprue used to connect
Do not do this

DG codex on the mega when?

what did he mean by this?

They died with Fantasy, user.

Nigga thats gay

But stylin

In that codex sister are soldiers of the hereticus inquisitors. I'm saying it should have stayed that way.

they will get on for each, one for and

>a player, a dog, and their pet
what's his name?

Death guard are the toughest legion
>lords are t4

You do know you can fix those up afterwards right?

To be fair nurgle followers probably like their pages sticky.

It's a bit tricky with drew carey, because they've got 3 faction tags. But I suspect it will be a haemonculus covens faction that gets the -1.

Pup's name is Logan.

Why?

The current organization of the game doesn't require this anymore.

What would be gained by making them this again?

>fix moldlines
>post prime

youtube.com/watch?v=daG1Pgr94zA

I'm on mobile, so I can't watch this. How mad does he get?

Newb from last thread again: should I go with Admech or Death Guard? They're the only things my game store sells aside from Primaris Marines, which I find boring.

Pretty salty for sure

Here's the thing with Grey Knights.

Are you fighting demons? Great. You're basically meta-picking your army.
Are you fighting anything else? Why are Grey Knights even there?

Or
now bare with me
OR
you could just do it before you prime it and get it right the first time

more salt than anger.

Death guard actually play slightly different from every other army, and more of their units seem viable. Ad mech have pretty big problems, and as a big codex race, don't offer much to separate them from every other big codex race so far.

So that confirms it won't always be 7 subdivisions?
Wonder how many there'll be

He doesn't really actively get too salty as far as I remember, though he does mention that he's a bit disappointed about the bad things in the codex.

absolute madman

>Ravenguard/Alpha Legion/Admech equivalent trait?

Im out of the loop. What is this trait?

No matter what folks say about playing the winning team I always, ALWAYS urge people to choose the army they like the most in terms of how they look and the lore etc.

If you don't truly enjoy your dudes your not going to entirely enjoy painting them or playing with them

If theres another faction you like more that your store doesn't sell ask them if theyd be willing to at least order the respective start collecting set in for you to buy if not just buy online

as with most factions (except deathguard for now) start with the start collecting box first

>Death guard actually play slightly different from every other army,

explain pls

What's the matter? Didn't accept SWA had GKs fighting rabble instead of Death watch?

Maybe they think the enemy is demons in disguise?

trait: -1 to hit when beyond 12"
stratagem: pay 1cp to infiltrate a unit before the game starts

-1 to hit if shooting at them from more than 12" away

It probably will be seven subdivisions for the drew carey, but not all the subdivisions will cover the same units.

So far, every big codex (not small codices like GK or DG) has had a faction that gets -1 to hit from 12 inches away. With ad mech, GW decided to spice things up a bit and have the -1 to hit from 12 inches away faction not get the deep strike stratagem. Instead GW gave that stratagem to the "ignores AP of 1" faction. SPICY!

>enemy army is attacking territory occupied by Grey Knights
>Grey Knights just got done fighting daemons and enemy shows up
>Grey Knights show up to investigate daemon fuckery, clash with enemy army that's already there

It's not hard to think of a reason for people to fight, nigga

So they're incompetent? Okay, yes. When it comes to the Imperium, I can buy that.

Maybe they think the enemy's skin would make nice anti-daemon hats?

>stop playing what i don't like, said the orkfag
Orkfaggotry is a mental disorder.

Sure. Stupid reasons are pretty easy to shit out on demand.

The story I've heard most often is that they think the enemy has somehow gotten involved with daemons, either wittingly or unwittingly, and need to be purged.

Hellraiser is okay but I think I like the book better for most of the aspects of the plot, but I think it fits Dark Eldar better. Also I haven't actually seen Event Horizon.

7E already establish that GK fighting Daemon posessed xenos/other forces was commonplace, even gave rules for it. In addition, you're seriously telling me that GK can't clash with another force in the area that was also fighting Daemons? And that GK don't deal with CSM regularly? You're retarded.

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

faggot

>under estimating the trickery of chaos

Enjoy your chaos corruption, heretic.