Mornington Crescent

We're slightly overdue for our demi-heptannullar game of Mornington Crescent! New players are welcome to join, just remember that on Veeky Forums we play by the Budapest variant. To make things interesting, we're starting with all stations set as opaque.

Without further ado, I'll make the first play!
>Piccadilly

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/21/big-ben-bongs-to-sound-final-time-for-four-years)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Piccadilly

Are we using the Lancashire optional rules?
If so,
>Two tanks to Buckingham

Sorry user, duplicate moves aren't allowed under the revised Budapest rules. Keep trying!

Yeah, Lancashire is allowed, just don't expect many anons to be happy when you do a triple switch.
Anyway,
>Bomber wing to Birmingham

Mornington Crescent

Ah, nice to see an eager player! Unfortunately, because am user made use of a Lancashire advance to put tanks on Buckingham, Mornington Crescent can't be declared until we roll an economic sanction in the UN round.

I move my queens to acton town.

Then i flip my tanks for the Southbank

Under these rules, I'd like to move aircarft to Monument

We're using Lancashire rules already? It's only September.

>Under these rules, I'd like to move aircarft to Monument

Going to regret this move later I'm sure, but I'll establish anti-air guns in Goodge Street. Zone 1 is no longer wild, I suppose.

>Budapest variant

You WAACfags need to go.

I'll take Elephant and Castle for a walk to Ealing Broadway and establish a spice road.

I'll take my bishops and pass.

Yo slam those engine components down in Surry Hills!

I voted against it at the third annual rules deliberation, but I was outvoted by the North Wales Cycling MC club. That voting block is scarily large. And now I'm not going to be able to repeal, since we can't book the hall anymore, the Flower arranging team from the local church have booked it for storage.

Notting Hill with a Pals Brigade.

You tiggered my engine minefield. My nukes in Guilford take it.

On that not, i assume we're playing rusty yankee rules, given what would happen of it was rusty pilgrim?

Any room for a new player? Looking to deploy some bicycles on any northern green station.

>Opening with bicycles
Either incredibly new or incredibly bold.

Don't tell the others, but I'm planning on using their speed (we're using the peninsula expansion, right) to cut off most of the green line early.

So which green?
Golders, Wilesden, Amos, Bounds or Wood?

Wilesdon most likely, bicycles just seems to roll better there.

I'll fortify Earl's Court. Looking for treasury bonus by third turn.

>Bank
I'm playing the long game

Bank was removed after the Ilkeston addendum, sorry.

I'd like to push two units of the Really Large Corp to Epping to set up a vittles station thanks.

If we're going by the '84 ruling to remove Wales in it's entirety I would like to move to Northumberdale Commons.

I play Government Meddling to delay maintenance of everyone's lines and take control of Waterloo.

Only one way to deal with that, I gather the local bridge club and begin queuing outside the local representative's office to take turns whinging.

I'll start at the llandysul CK, there is someone there I'd like to kick in the ass!

THE SERIAL ARSONIST HAS ESCPAED FROM HMP BRIXTON
I REPEAT
THE SERIAL ARSONIST IS NOW IN PLAY

Parsons Green

I start queuing tokens in Vauxhall and place a bid on Ravenscourt Park.

Wait are bonus rolls a d10 or d8? I'm not caught up on the new errata

Very well. I'll open with a Spetsnaz squad in Bastille, Paris.

I will move my reserve of Red Guards to Tunbridge Wells, and start the conversion process from scotch eggs to soft-boiled.

Also I want to buy fire insurance for my petunias. One of them won a prize - can I get a quote from someone?

I'll give you a quote for five beagles.

That's Numberwang!

Shit! Wrong board

two points of cottage industries to suffolk please in return i'd like the lions share of the sugar beet crop.

As the current Tube Czar I play the Biggest, Blackest Debden

Since the game seems to be going rather slowly, I'll follow up with Illuminati in Voltaire

I counter by moving "peanut vendor" from Champs Elysse. Check for allergy losses!

Rolled 3 (1d8)

Checking

I'll play a four minute bombardment on Vauxhall Station, combined with a move by boat to Richmond bridge, placing me onto the Victoria line.

Ive mined the Victoria line.
Pay me 3 rounds reparations.

I double back round the barbican. That means i also take moorgate and angel, via the northern line

Certainly; those reparations will be paid by HMS Belfast; cruiser gun ammunition is very valuable you know, especially with the primers intact. They'll be on your position within the minute.

We've reached 12 Bong, and you know what that means.

LETS ROTATE THE BOARD

That reminds me, has the Committee decided on a replacement clock tower during Westminster's renovation?

I propose Winchester Cathedral's bells as a replacement.

Excellent. Having subverted the French government, I surrender Paris. Everyone must spend their next turn moving towards Paris.

I'll use Chester's 1989 sideways castling maneuver with my US Army Green Berets, entering from Gloucester Road.

I move my Volvo brigade to Slough, and start a bid on Regent's Park

NOT SO FAST!!

I activate my trap card Big Ben Renovation (theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/21/big-ben-bongs-to-sound-final-time-for-four-years) delaying 12 Bong for four turns!

Countering with a tow-truck in Burnham, double parked in the reverse to both Taplow and Langley.

Holding Maidenhead.

Mornington Crescent.

Rolled 36 (1d100)

Showed your hand too much there lad
I invalidate with Thames River Taxis and a 643 rotation of the London Eye.
Rolling for proximity of black cabs in Soho

Under the Newcastle Adendum, Black Cabs are to moved into Seven Dials specifically; although this is in Soho, so I'll allow it.

Thanks to that move, i'll take a punt at Bank?

Shropshire

I knew someone would try this after the last York rulings. Let's see if my counter works outside of theory.

U-turn at Paddington, second green square.

I erect a dentist office to hadrian's wall in the defensive position

This is full of amateurs, I can't belive nobody's claimed it, more so we are using Lancashire upon Bong.

I take...

C O C K F O S T E R S

MORNINGTON CRESCENT! Did I win anything?

Is the Cardiff strategy still viable in the new version? Like, it was always risky, but but it's such a lategame powerhouse.

But ahahah! MORNINGTON CRESCENT is a different route than Mornington Crescent. This allows me to initiate the building of the saintsborough underground bridge project.

Do you hear that? That's right, it's time for everyone's favorite part of the game, LONDON CALLING!

Everyone, reveal the top card from your decks.

Prince Charles (Lizard Form), in attack mode!

Highgate?

I got the queen. Also I take the Scotsman to Camden town

you guys should check out nomic if you enjoy this type of thread

Got a Boris Bike with the Thrown into the Thames ability.

I didn't realize we were playing with the new York expansion, but I got grand central station.

Why would anyone have that card in their deck? It's been illegal since at least 2003 ffs

>He has the queen
I THOUGHT SHE WAS A MYTH

Technically it becomes legal if you manage to take Canada Water within 4.67 turns.

Speaking of which, will we be deploying the Southwark maneuvre?

Under Evan's ruling in the last Spanish Open, it's not that interesting anymore, and since no one has played Colindale yet, it'd be suicide.

Colindale was implied when they sent nukes to golders green, numbnuts!

>it is the year of Our lord Two Thousand And Seventeen
>this mongrel still ignores the implication of the Bakerloo Exception

Goddamit, why can't you people understand that it does not work. I don't care if this is a casual game with no Shinkansen numbering limit, you need to get your shit together and learn how this game is supposed to be played.

Everyone took exception to the Bakerloo Exception at '14's Brighton conference.

Under the revised Bakerloo Correction, all implications of the initial Exception are cause for exemption under extraordinary circumstances - thermonuclear warfare in Golder's Green constitutes this. Read your Updated Collins Player's Chapbook.

Which leads to me to take the replacement bus service counterclockwise to Queen's Park.

I'm calling shenanigans on this but whatever, let's not get pointless argument get the fun out of the game.

Dozen and a half on Caledonian Road, flag on Marble Arch.

I strike swiftly and create a Cereal Killers in Hounslow East.

this is unironically the first time ive ever understood what the fuck mornington cresent is actually about.

Thanks, Veeky Forums!

>> 2017
>> Still discussing the Bakerloo Exception

Ultramodern is a shit format and you're shit for advocating it.

Waterloo.

If I remember the rules correctly, this keeps the Waterloo and City line open, right?

Provided that no-one plays "Inebriated Busker" or "Stoned Student" within the next 8 turns!