Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Miserable saturday, edition.

>Newest Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=s9K1At4M8tk

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/Home/emperors-legion-special-ed.html
youtu.be/7XGX64XfSkU
youtube.com/watch?v=s8klnCoAEi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thank you, I'm trying.

First for the Greater Good

1st for Sisters a QT !

>waaaa, unless you play with my specific house rules i wont play you
haha, classic imperialcuck

>sadface
When the only counter to something is itself, that's not a counter, that's shit game balance.

I realize I'm talking about GW here, but I can dream, right?

You can still do 3D3 attacks with D2, so max 18 if you are lucky. 4d3 str 8 if you have an allied herticus sorcerer

I just bought this.

blacklibrary.com/Home/emperors-legion-special-ed.html

What should I expect, teegee?

Vindicare assassin for tackling commissars?
Then Pask for mopping up conscripts?

>bl

shit tier fan fiction most likely

We have been though this. you can hide commissars, and you can have more than 6

>Obviously bullshit interaction between the special rule on a single weapon for a single faction and a rule that covers the majority of a super-faction's units, that was created before said weapon was introduced
>House rules to get by until GW either FAQs or acknowledges the interaction as intentional

>Cuck

Yep. Sounds about right.

New TTS podcast on "The Last Church":youtu.be/7XGX64XfSkU

Graham McNeil actually contacted Alfa to give him some extra info. Lots of hilariousness, revalation and the q&a segment helps to set up a clear time of where we're at. Spoiler for the q&a segment below

When Guilliman comes back he is going to be so screwed and apparently before Magnus was brought back, he and the TS just finished burning Fenris

>mfw admec players thought they were getting deepstriking knights

btfo eternal machinefags

How though are Bloodletters?
Hellblades are two handed weapons, right?
Where can I find Khornate daemon stats?

So a straight "no" then?

>>>trash.

It can help. But don't expect it to "solve" them.

No u

I insist.

Not particularly tough. But they can kill stuff.
That's irrelevant.
Chaos Index.

>Obviously bullshit
no more bullshit than the fact it give you D3 rolls per attack, you are just salty that someone else get good, and fun rules.
>waa waa i dont want to have to think when i play my imperial armies
classic salty waac fag

Weak as fuck. Weaker than those pesky grey scars, or whatever those fags are called. You better be using imperial troopers instead.

Death guard codex scans when?

>Obviously bullshit
>REEE MUH CONSCRIPTS SHOULD HAVE NO COUNTER
Loving every laugh.

you can summon after disembarking

one guy said potentially today, but not to count on it, since he was making hurricane irma repairs today.

/40kg/
What are your fondest Warhammer memories? Or memory singular if you don't have much to offer.

What was it, when was it, how was it?

Bloodletters are high damage but lot durability.
There are no two handed weapons anymore.
Khorne daemons are generally the same as space marines but less tough and better in melee.

Speaking of DG counters to hordes, how's the mowerdrone? Any good, or too expensive for its rather average WS?

How do you guys think the splits halves If the Imperium will develop?

It's a pretty expensive 9 attacks at mediocre weapon skill. It seems to be geared more towards mowing terminators than hordes.

>saturday
>tfw when no games

>For as long as the Imperium had existed, Cadia was ever at the forefront of its deliberations. Over the last two hundred years–my lifetime– the High Lords had devoted an ever-increasing amount of time to that one world. Regiments had been thrown into the void to bolster it. Space Marine Chapters had been petitioned to reinforce its approaches. Armour-wrights and strategeos had been seconded to augment its walls and its fortresses. There were other battle zones of import– Armageddon, Badab– in which we were stretched, but in truth none of them mattered besides Cadia, for if that world fell then the balance of power we had cultivated for ten thousand years would be ended at a stroke.

Cadia is the most important battlezone. More important than even Armageddon Justify this.

>tfw when

Chaos is the current NPC that the imperium is leveling up against. Right now the real antagonists of 40k, the nids, haven't fully entered the galaxy yet.

>Right now the real antagonists of 40k, the nids

But the Nids are not antagonists. They are background noise. Do you see them in the introductory art of "Dark Imperium"?

got'im

If I could be so bold as to request the Death Guard epub so I may convert it to PDF?

>Custodes weren't meant to be soldiers but companions, advisers, and artisan of the Emperor. They were meant to be the inspiration of what the Emperor wanted humanity to be.

>they are all white people with Aryan features

Jesus Christ, GW. Make it a little subtle.

its not out yet you fucking faggot

It is.

Look here

You didn't even check did you, cunt?

fuh wypipo

Well then
i retract my insult

youtube.com/watch?v=s8klnCoAEi0

Seeing this for the first time.

To this day I am still surprised they did it.

Newcommer here and have some questions

1)Ld is of what use to footsoldiers and canon fodder?
2)T gives damage reduction or something, or is it Sv?
3)how does S affect D?

Source?

Read the rule book you silly tit

Are there any good alternatives to magnets?

MOST FUN ARMY TO PLAY
LEAST FUN ARMY TO PLAY
MOST FUN ARMY TO PAINT
LEAST FUN ARMY TO PAINT

LET'S GO

Dark Eldar
Necrons
CSM
Guard/Necrons

seriously why are Necrons so bad

Could someone post a screenshot or transcription of the Agripinaa relic? I keep trying to isolate it from the Winters SEO video and it keeps not being in focus
Leadership is what keeps your guys in the fight. The more they lose, the higher a leadership you need to not have more guys run.
Toughness determines how good you are at shrugging off attacks, as does Sv, though at different points. They're countered by Strength and AP, respectively.
There is no direct correlation between S and D

bruh...

I'm the dude who was asking about how many blightlords get the flail in the last thread that started this clusterfuck. Its not about playing imperium, it's about not being a cunt.

If this was an intended interaction, why the fuck does it only show up on a single single weapon? On a weapon with six lines of special rules? In a codex that is largely disjoint from the super-faction that the rule it is interacting with is inherited from?

This is classic splatbook syndrome, and making accommodations for other players until Rules-As-Intended is clarified is just good sportsmanship when there are clear outliers.

I'm not suggesting that hordes should go unchanged, but they are a symptom of broader balance problems within the Rules-As-Intended, rather than a product of splatbook syndrome.

>obviously bullshit
That's just like your opinion man

1. LD helps mitigate morale casualties of all multiple model units.

2. Toughness does not give damage reduction. Toughness is used in the roll to see if an attack that hits successfully wounds. The higher the toughness, the less likely a wound happens.

3. S does not affect D. Strength only increases the likliehood that an attack that hits will successfully wound.

LD is what you use more morale checks after you lose some models. Everyone uses it, though vehicles and characters as single models don't tend to need it.

Toughness is compared to the Strength of the weapon to work out how likely it is to wound. Str 6 vs T 3 is 2+ for example. Saves come after that and are unaffected by strength (Though are affected by AP)

Strength and Damage have no interaction.

Pure Knights
Mechanicus
Chaos Space Marines (and to convert too!)
Imperial Guard

Ynnari. Soulburst is the only interesting mechanic left in 40k.
Space Marines
Dark Eldar or Chaos
Space Marines

Thanks, you guys are cool.

WATCHERS OF THE THRONE: THE EMPEROR'S LEGION.

It's about the Fall of Cadia as it hit Terra.

Dark Eldar
IG
Space Marines (though DE, DG are right up there)
Sisters of Battle

This is mostly speculative

Chaos Space Marines
Tau
Tau (or Chaos Space Marines if you include converting them to be a part of the painting process)
Nids

Yeah I like painting weeb space mechas - COME AT ME BRO
...but I hate the fact that they literally only use the fucking shooting phase, and their only interaction with the fight phase is to fall back with their units with FLY and than shoot again on the next turn. Boring as shit to play - too little in the way of actual decision making.

My Canoness and Ministorum retinue vs. Draigo and Paladin retinue in 7th ed.
2 ordos clashing for supremacy.
Game ended becore the combat could be decided.

yes, it is my opinion

however, so my abiding love of The Big Lebowski, so props for the reference

someone post the ebook already. I want to watch college football while building a death guard list.

>btfo eternal machinefags

Where's my Deepstrike Knights!?!?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Buy it and post it yourself.

Blood Angels will get back Deep Strike Land Raiders.

deep striking knights would have given ad mech a unique niche. I don't play ad mech, but I'm sad that they didn't get anything unique with the codex. They're just another army that plays exactly the same as every other army. So far 8th has been pretty boring.

Do we not link previous threads anymore??Kinda simple here OP.

I thought summer was over..

HELO WERE IS THE GODEGZ????

Death Guard
Tau or Imperial Guard
Death Guard or Eldar
Space Marines or Imperial Guard

Grey Knights
IG
Admech
IG/crons

Step 1: get a job
Step 2: wait till pay day
Step 3: use pay to purchase Death Guard Codex like everyone else

Why the fuck is there some shitty weeb game listed as the new Duncan?

>Knights don't get benefits of Canticles or stratagems (except one)
LMAO GUESS GW DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK THAT YOU SPENT A TON OF MONEY ON A USELESS MODEL IT'S WRAITH KNIGHTS ALL OVER AGAIN ROFL

I don't purchase GW without pirating it first to make sure it's good.

SM dreadnoughts
IG
Dark eldar
Tyranids

Anyone?

Glue

>charge me $100 for 3 infantry models
>expect me to pay a further $80 for a book I can pirate
Yeah, nah, not going to happen GW.

I make more than enough money to buy the fucking collectors edition, mortarion, the fucking whole thing, and it wouldnt even make a dent in my budget, but fuck me I will not do it.

>MOST FUN ARMY TO PLAY
Tyranids

>LEAST FUN ARMY TO PLAY
Necrons

>MOST FUN ARMY TO PAINT
Death Guard

>LEAST FUN ARMY TO PAINT
Tyranids

>seriously why are Necrons so bad
Lack of mobility, lack of affordable anti tank, lots of overcosted garbage units.

a series of pins

He's a big guy.

Har har har

No but seriously though?

What? How?

Can I run three C'tan Shards and wreck everything?

That applies to Mechanicum knights specifically. Knights will have their own thing in their own codex.

holy shit, deathlets confirmed

>$80

What the fuck are you talking about?

for you

AUD

If you mean get wrecked by everything, yes you can. You should do this.

Fuck man, then go look at ALL the fucking reviews and videos. there is even a fluff thread. face it, you are just a scummy pirate who dosent went to pay for a product, tubercular you are a shit

House was a great TV show

Hahahhahahah mortarion is like a little baby

Seems a bit bullshit that mehanicum Knights don't get the benefits of mechanicum strategies. It's like knights show up to the party uninvited and the AdMech are all "Just ignore them and maybe they'll fuck off"

the pins hold the parts in place, there's two so the piece doesn't move around or fall off
or just use magnets you gelatinous oaf

>Deal 10 wounds to a terminators.

>The player insists on rolling them one at a time time.

For fucks sake this WAAC bitch.

i bought traitor legions, the GSC codex in 7th, a bunch of other shit. So far nothing in 8th has been worth money.

Can bloodletters use ranged weapons or just hellblades?